Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 386, HowardRoark wrote:
In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:If we lynched you and you flipped scum I could see a convincing argument for Sequencer being your partner.
Please elaborate.
Two reasons: 1. When Locust first posted sequencer and I both voted him pretty quickly but he only accused me of being scummy for this. Seems he was more threatened by me than Sequencer. 2. DayRai made long posts accusing Joshz and Sequencer but the Sequencer post felt a lot more contrived and less genuine to me. I think DayRai might've known he looked suss so distanced himself from his buddy knowing the wagon wouldn't get any traction.
In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:A day 1 mislynch on the IC slot is basically the best case scenario for scumteam
Explain please.
So I'm assuming that if you replace into an IC slot you also have to be IC but I'm not sure if thats true. All else being equal, you would expect the IC to be the best player in the game meaning good lynch for scum if they're town. All I'm saying is we should give Psyche the chance to explain himself or get replaced before lynching him.

Anyway since Sequencer asked for everyone's list:
Don't lynch

Joshz
HR

Null-ish

Loopdan
Sequencer

D2 candidates

Jackel

Lynch 'em

Psyche
HM
Locust
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

rip IC.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 400, Sobolev Space wrote:All I'm saying is we should give Psyche the chance to explain himself or get replaced before lynching him.
Nobody has said anything contrary.
In post 400, Sobolev Space wrote:Lynch 'em
Psyche
HM
Locust
You do realize Locust's predecessor (DayRai) claimed cop, right? We are not lynching Locust Today.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Locust »

@HowardRoak I will attempt to keep the post numbers in the quotes. Happy to look at alternatives to Psyche now he is being replaced. Hopefully his replacement can help ramp up the discussion in the thread.
Not lynching

<snip>

Want lynched

Jackel98
Psyche
I wouldn't be happy with a Jackel98 lynch based on volume of content alone he has at least thrown his votes onto three people and had some activity recently. I am more interested in the fact that he is climbing on and off wagons he has only had 3 votes since random voting Human. They have been Josh, Rai(Locust) and now Space.
In post 385, Human Sequencer wrote:this game is slower than a turtle in zero g
i'm dtl psyche or sobolev, maybe jackel
who's with me?
Human now has 7 votes for 5 different people and is constantly looking for a lynch the rush to lynch though is starting to look like mafia. I am still reluctant to rush out a day one lynch I know the odds are against us lynching scum, but at least lets get a lynch where we learn the most going into day two. Yes I would be down to lynch two of those three, but I would like them to defend themselves see who votes and their reasons. Your want to get this day over with especially while we are effectively an IC down looks like someone taking an opportunity to wagon while town are potentially weak.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Locust »

In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:
Two reasons: 1. When Locust first posted sequencer and I both voted him pretty quickly but he only accused me of being scummy for this. Seems he was more threatened by me than Sequencer. 2. DayRai made long posts accusing Joshz and Sequencer but the Sequencer post felt a lot more contrived and less genuine to me. I think DayRai might've known he looked suss so distanced himself from his buddy knowing the wagon wouldn't get any traction.

<snip>

Lynch 'em

Psyche
HM
Locust
Just so you know this went up while I was typing #403.

I understand the votes for HM and Psyche easy lynch for afk IC and HM has done himself no favors. However I would not be happy with lynching either right now with 4 days out and now we seem to be getting a replacement and generating some better talking points. If we lynch them now what do we learn if we had more activity off everyone then maybe so but right now they are easy to wagon and don't give us much in return. I am going to take my vote off Psyche in-case the wagon ramps up again when I am AFK and he is gone before his replacement is here it got too close earlier.

UNVOTE: Psyche
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 398, Loopdan wrote:
In post 397, Joshz wrote:I'm asking town to stop getting walked on
You keep talking like you are the only sighted person in a group of blind men.

So who are the two scum?
That's just my typography.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 400, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:If we lynched you and you flipped scum I could see a convincing argument for Sequencer being your partner.
Please elaborate.
In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:A day 1 mislynch on the IC slot is basically the best case scenario for scumteam
Explain please.
So I'm assuming that if you replace into an IC slot you also have to be IC but I'm not sure if thats true. All else being equal, you would expect the IC to be the best player in the game meaning good lynch for scum if they're town. All I'm saying is we should give Psyche the chance to explain himself or get replaced before lynching him.

Anyway since Sequencer asked for everyone's list:
Don't lynch

Joshz
HR

Null-ish

Loopdan
Sequencer

D2 candidates

Jackel

Lynch 'em

Psyche
HM
Locust
Don't lynch me but lynch the guy I'm saying is lock town... huh?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 402, Loopdan wrote:
In post 400, Sobolev Space wrote:All I'm saying is we should give Psyche the chance to explain himself or get replaced before lynching him.
Nobody has said anything contrary.
Psyche
HM
Locust
You do realize Locust's predecessor (DayRai) claimed cop, right? We are not lynching Locust Today.
This claim is nai and should not be a factor, js
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Jackel98 »

Josh, being town doesn't make anyone a foolproof player. Seven of us are town, but that doesn't mean seven of us know the rest. If it did, PoE, town wins.
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 408, Jackel98 wrote:Josh, being town doesn't make anyone a foolproof player. Seven of us are town, but that doesn't mean seven of us know the rest. If it did, PoE, town wins.
What?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 402, Loopdan wrote:
Psyche
HM
Locust
Agree with Joshz here I took that claim with a huge grain of salt. If Locust got to L-1 and repeated the claim I would grant it more credence. That said a Locust lynch isn't looking probable today so I'm happy with focusing efforts on Psyche, HM or Jackel.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Locust »

I had a read of Hellfires other game and I don't think he is just acting dumb I genuinely think he is struggling to play. However this does not mean I think he his town the amount of reaching and squirming he is doing suggests scum and when prodded he is (in his own words) tilting
In post 363, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 362, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 361, Human Sequencer wrote:i'm undecided on it
looks fake but it could be legit
fuck not this again

if im lynched im not gonna fucking do anything

second time im just.

ugh
*tilt

Now my only issue with a day one Hellfire lynch (and why I won't put my vote on him before I go to bed) is that wagon will be easy to jump on. The three of you that have put lists together all have him towards the bottom, but that means squat it would be really hard to put him in a null or town spot.

My Personal List

Not lynching

Locust
(Yeah I wouldnt lynch myself)

If nothing changes in the next 24 hours I wouldn't lynch.

Loopdan
Joshz
Howard

Group of individuals that may give me reason to lynch sooner than the others

Jackel98

Sobolev Space
Human Sequencer

Would lynch by the end of the day unless something drastic changes

Psyche
(its well past a joke for him not to be here!)
Hellfire

Its so easy and non controversial to put those to at the bottom of the list that it is making life really hard. It would probably be better to look at the other 3.

Space has had her vote on me all game she really doesn't like anyone sitting in my spot! I can see she is determined even when everyone else has a town read she is still plugging for my neck. She would also happily string up Hellfire and Psyche. She has also had a scummy read on Loopdan for a bit but most of the time it seems to be me along with a combo of the other two. Like a dog with a bone she could be shaking me hoping she gets a mafia tell or she has decided I am the nominated townie to lynch today and she aint going anywhere. Does she want Locust swinging from the gallows if she can't get that will she simply put a cap in his ass?

Human as I mentioned before lots of votes sat on lots of trains really wants today to be over ASAP. Some good attempts at scum hunting early on, seems to think most of us are acting and not being our natural selves. Yet as the day has slowed down and dragged on the frustration and the eagerness to lynch has come to the surface. Is this Mafia wanting to get to the night phase so they can cap poor old Locust? Or could it be another bored townie wanting day 2 so we can get more clues with dead bodies on our hands?

Jackel98 aka. Mr Tables. After trading opening barbs with, his scum buddy (I am just doing this for dramatic effect now), Human Jackel has proceeded to casually hop on wagons as they have rolled in. Joshz, Rai(and by transmutation Me) and now sitting on Space. He has for the most part been light on content, yet not enough to get into the same hole as Hellfire Missile and Psyche. Is he actually the Zodiac Killer hiding among us posting tables when he thinks a big wagon is rolling in or just so busy with school and just doing his best?

Right its midnight again here and I am tired I am not even going to re-read this for grammar and spelling so sorry about that.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Locust »

Oh one last thing with the big day celebrating the death of over 2 billion turkeys coming up on Thursday please let everyone know if you are not going to be around so we can make an informed decision about when would be a good time to drop hammer. I will be here we don't have holidays in November :(
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Joshz »

If jackel and human were both scum I highly doubt they'd buddy this much day 1. Human is more copying jackel than anything
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Joshz »

If jackel and human were both scum I highly doubt they'd buddy this much day 1. Human is more copying jackel than anything
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Joshz »

Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Joshz »

Um thank u lag
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Loopdan »

@Locust-- We are pretty much mind-melding here. I could get behind a HumSeq or SS lynch Today, depending on what happens with Psyche's replacement.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

In post 411, Locust wrote:Human as I mentioned before lots of votes sat on lots of trains really wants today to be over ASAP. Some good attempts at scum hunting early on, seems to think most of us are acting and not being our natural selves. Yet as the day has slowed down and dragged on the frustration and the eagerness to lynch has come to the surface. Is this Mafia wanting to get to the night phase so they can cap poor old Locust? Or could it be another bored townie wanting day 2 so we can get more clues with dead bodies on our hands?
to answer that question look no further than the other two games i've played on this site
both long-ass games where the mafia did fuck all in the background and townies would slug it out
really wanna avoid that this game, i doubt we'll really get much more
valuable[/v] information than we have now
nah
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Locust »

@Human I have just got back from work so will go and check out your other games now. I always think the more you get out of people on day one the better. There is little harm in us slugging it out as long as we have a well considered lynch at the end. I mean the odds are worse than a coin flip of us hitting mafia anyway so lets get anything we can out of this mess. I have you in that 3rd bracket at the moment because I think this rushing is anti-town I will read through your other games and that will give me a better idea of your play style as well.

@Loopdan how you you feel about a Jackel lycnh? He is pretty quite, but with just enough inoffensive activity not to stand out to anyone I think we learn more lynching him than the others that have been inactive, maybe just as much as we learn from Human or Space.

Overall though I am still not liking the fact that we don't have Psyche or a replacement and it is a bit of a ghost town here. I have other engagements later tonight but I will probably be able to keep up with changes and get some posts up from my phone the spelling and grammar will be worse than normal though.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Locust »

In post 387, Human Sequencer wrote:dude that's a great list
i'm gonna use that for many games to come

not lynching

Human
Howard
Loopdan
Locust

kinda towny

joshz

d2 candidates

hellfire

dtl

psyche
sobolev
jackel

i'm a lot more divisive though

why don't we all post our lynchables, and if we have one person on 5 lynchables, there's our lynch?
Now see I have just read a game of yours human....

Newbie 1744 post #128

If day one lists are a bad idea and give mafia a "condensed list of targets" then why is this list so good?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:14 am

because i've drastically changed my style compared to how i played in that game
you'll also notice me constantly saying 'lets not lynch anybody yet', which is the opposite of my viewpoint now
nah
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Locust »

Your other game appears to be ongoing and has plenty of activity. I am not sure what you hoped to gain from me reading them I mean day one on Newbie 1744 you had Town Cop at L-1 and nearly lynched scum day one! Yes it was slow outside of that, but town won. I am starting to think a Human lynch may catch us some scum.

@MOD can we get a new VC?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Locust »

In post 421, Human Sequencer wrote:because i've drastically changed my style compared to how i played in that game
you'll also notice me constantly saying 'lets not lynch anybody yet', which is the opposite of my viewpoint now
Missed this one. It may well have been a mistake to point that out then. Your play style is drastically different yet you won that game and lived to the end. Why change up something that's working?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:19 am

because it wasn't working
1744 d1 was town fucking around on twenty^3 wagons all on town until deadline, we lynched one PR and forced the other one to claim so they'd get nightkilled
we won due to very little of my personal skill, copper and spyrex carried the game
nah

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”