Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Locust »

So tell me then what do you now think of the lists how can they help us and how do you think scum view them? Do you not think it is an easy way for scum to buddy or gain a little distance from each other without having to give solid reasons?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:28 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

the difference with this list is it's not a pure 'this is who i townread, this is who i scumread'
it's more about how willing you are to lynch them at this point in time
plus, like i said, if we have one person on five 'i'm willing to lynch this person' slots, then there's our lynch
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:33 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 423, Locust wrote:
In post 421, Human Sequencer wrote:because i've drastically changed my style compared to how i played in that game
you'll also notice me constantly saying 'lets not lynch anybody yet', which is the opposite of my viewpoint now
Missed this one. It may well have been a mistake to point that out then. Your play style is drastically different yet you won that game and lived to the end. Why change up something that's working?
No good player will ever have the same playstyle across many games. Mafia is a game that requires adapting and failing to do so results in tells. Alternatively you can be one of the people that plays the same regardless of alignment but those people get mislynched and policy lynched a fair bit. A guy who guys by thetwinmasters is a good example of that from another site, who generally just asks random questions and random votes, and the result is an unreadable person who typically gets scum read. I prefer the adapting strategy though.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:35 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@Joshz: The problem is that "theoretical best player" has been disproved with 15+ pages. I've never thought about it from the 5 of 7 townies needed to lynch scum perspective. I would wager that 4 of 7 plus 1 scum is also likely. I don't find a town lynch chuckle worthy ().

@Jackel98: How would scum know there were power roles?

Bad presentation, my "Hmmmm . . ." list is closer to lynch today than not. The
Psyche
slot moves to this list; we will get a replacement and there will be less confusion than the Locust slot. I'm moving Joshz to that list as well.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Locust »

In post 427, Joshz wrote:
In post 423, Locust wrote:
In post 421, Human Sequencer wrote:because i've drastically changed my style compared to how i played in that game
you'll also notice me constantly saying 'lets not lynch anybody yet', which is the opposite of my viewpoint now
Missed this one. It may well have been a mistake to point that out then. Your play style is drastically different yet you won that game and lived to the end. Why change up something that's working?
No good player will ever have the same playstyle across many games. Mafia is a game that requires adapting and failing to do so results in tells. Alternatively you can be one of the people that plays the same regardless of alignment but those people get mislynched and policy lynched a fair bit. A guy who guys by thetwinmasters is a good example of that from another site, who generally just asks random questions and random votes, and the result is an unreadable person who typically gets scum read. I prefer the adapting strategy though.
Oh I agree with this. Style evolves and adapts with each game and experience, but it is night and day the difference between the two. I don't think we lynch human today but I am not convinced by the arguments. Human still seems in a rush to end today which doesn't fit well with me. That said I still have Hellfire top of the pile for today. I am not sure on what the deal is with the empty slot though if no one fills it by the end of day one what happens?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 428, HowardRoark wrote:@Joshz: The problem is that "theoretical best player" has been disproved with 15+ pages. I've never thought about it from the 5 of 7 townies needed to lynch scum perspective. I would wager that 4 of 7 plus 1 scum is also likely. I don't find a town lynch chuckle worthy ().

@Jackel98: How would scum know there were power roles?

Bad presentation, my "Hmmmm . . ." list is closer to lynch today than not. The
Psyche
slot moves to this list; we will get a replacement and there will be less confusion than the Locust slot. I'm moving Joshz to that list as well.
It hasn't been disproven. The IC is supposed to be the most experienced person in the game. I highly highly doubt a scum IC would idle as their strat because that goes against what I am feeling is the purpose of this section (teaching new people rather than having a good highly competitive game). So him idling to this level is NAI. I already told you, I was the first to point out his inactivity. But a psyche lynch today is a mistake. When we get his replacement we can reevaluate.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Joshz »

I find a town lynch chuckle worthy and I will find my lynch chuckle worthy if it happens.

Otherwise, heres a good lynch. Hellfire Missile was baiting scum to wagon. Seeimg as nobody wagomed it, that makes him more likely scum in my eyes, but his flip doesnt rly give info. Ideally loopdan is the lynch because i think hes scum playing well preying on a disfunctional town. Jackel is the only other lynch that should be considered imo. I'm going to finally accept this is the newbie section and avoid lynching a newbie because they could probably use the experience. Since the IC told me I am basically being too much of a dick earlier, I don't know what I can say other than that.
VOTE: loopdan
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Joshz »

Yea thought about it more and Xalxe can we please have an extension until like 48 hours after the new IC subs in? Lacking a player is bad enough but the IC being gone is bkakqkticiwoow.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:51 am

we don't need an extension.
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Joshz »

So whoevers in that slot gets a free bye?
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

@Mod V/LA 11/23-11/28
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Locust »

I am not even going to try and read the IC slot for whatever reason it is empty. Hellfire is now gone and today has been pretty quite. Like I said yesterday I don't want to just concentrate on those that are not here as it is obviously no good for the town, but screw it is am now happy to vote the empty IC slot, Hellfire, Space or Jackel. If they are all town then we are up shit creek.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Locust »

Still on my phone I am going to sleep. I guess I have a target on my back for a night kill which is why I want to get as much out if today as possible because if I die town looses at least one active person. I reckon we lynch someone Tomorrow while they are eating turkey.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by Joshz »

You aren't grtting lynched don't worry about it
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:35 am

yeah what the fuck guys, this game is like talking to a wall
i get that to lynch who is standing out of the crowd you have to be a crowd, but this is ridiculous
nah
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Xalxe »

Huntress
replaces Psyche.

There will be a 24 hour extension due to the holiday.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Huntress »

Hi there!

Just going to read up.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:48 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.8

Velvet darkness. Silken light. The rough burlap of evening. The frayed cotton of daybreak.

Huntress (2)
: HowardRoark, Human Sequencer
Locust (1)
: Sobolev Space
Joshz (1)
: Hellfire Missile
Sobolev Space (1)
: Jackel98
Loopdan (1)
: Joshz

Not Voting
: Huntress, Loopdan, Locust

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-28 08:47:44)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Locust »

In post 441, Huntress wrote:Hi there!

Just going to read up.

Hey there I would appreciate any input you have to offer on what has gone on it seems most of us don't like talking.

I still reckon Jackel is potential scum so he has got my vote for now. He was making waves when it came to getting the Rai wagon rolling and carried those through my arrival. Now the wagons have ended he has gone all quite so here is my vote for now. VOTE: Jackel98
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Loopdan »

I'd like a HuSeq or Sobolev lynch, but I'll go re-read Jackel98. He honestly hasn't made much of an impression.

VOTE: Sobolev
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Joshz »

I'm willing to support a jackel lynch too fwiw even though my vote is on loopdan rn
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:50 am

In post 444, Loopdan wrote:He honestly hasn't made much of an impression.
that's part of my problem
lynch list (again): sobolev, jackel

willing to give huntress a chance
nah
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Loopdan »

Re-read on Jackel

is his first content post. Scum reads DayRai and kinda sets up a gut scum read on me, while also pointing out some NAI stuff. This could be scum setting a read change for later.
The tables in -249 look try-hard but the content is pretty much NAI.
I don't like . I think this post is more likely to come from scum trying to appear town, than town trying to determine if DayRai is actually the claimed PR or not.
- Moves vote to Sobolev because "Locust has brought a town feeling to the slot." I don't like this read change. Imagine town!Jackel is scumreading DayRai, who then claims cop. He expresses skepticism about the claim and leaves his vote on DayRai. Then the replacement player (Locust) comes in. All Jackel says is, "Welcome, Locust. I'm scumreading your slot pretty hard." And that's it. No posts asking anything of Locust. Then Jackel moves his vote off Locust. Why? Because Locust "brought a town feeling to the slot."

I'm not buying it.

VOTE: Jackel
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Locust »

So if we limit ourselves to people who have made an impression Space and Jackel have been around just as much. I am not sure how Space can have made less of an impression than Jackel looking back there is about the same amount of content from both. Howard is in this category as well although I have found his contributions to contain more substance than the other two.

Then we just have Human, Loopdan, Joshz and myself being the most visible I would be reluctant to lynch any of us today (I could be convinced to go for Human if someone really wants to push it). I think we have all spoken about how we gain f'all from a Hellfire Lynch and I think we are all giving Huntress a chance to get going.

I am still happy on Jackel for now I think we get as much information out of that lynch as we would out of a Space lynch.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:31 am

Post by HowardRoark »

UNVOTE:
Psyche
Huntress

Need to evaluate current votes.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”