Newbie 1760 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 139, TierShift wrote:Alisae tywin fluffy all read as genuinely evaluating the game
Gif and
aa are somewhat town

8uny might be town
Leaves uhm radiant and jae? With
AA as a third scumspect
I think.
What
In post 139, TierShift wrote:Anyway, radiant's is extremely awkward. First he tries to find an excuse for his inactivity, showing he is very conscious about how much he posts. Afterwards he just hops on in third place (a prime scum spot) on jae's wagon with a very very meagre justification. He does not share his thoughts, and just jumps on the biggest wagon. There was a ton to comment on.

If radiant were town, i would have expected scum to jump at him like dogs at a bone.
This hasn't happened, making it even more likely he is scum.

VOTE: radiant
I'm very tempted to say "^Here it is."
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Oh never mind on "What" part
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 154, iamafluffyrabbit wrote:jaereed i'd like to see you respond to post 114 (second half corrected in 115) when you have time

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p8548432

and of course elaborate on what makes you uncomfortable about TS?
I'm not so emotionally floored rn so I guess I'll play a bit.

I'm not entirely sure what you want me to respond to. You called my reads list stiff and uncomfortable, and my kneejerk reaction to that is "that's how I like to make my lists" but I realize you're probably talking about the reasoning behind the list rather than the formatting.

My logic on you at that time was because I thought you were a newb to forum mafia. Obviously you're not, which would make those first three posts null, except I've really liked all your contributions following that. I think you're doing a lot of reaction testing, though. Like, I feel like your push on me was probably about 90% reaction testing.

As far AA9's post, I still don't read it in a sarcastic and chilled out tone, tbh. If that's what she intended then it's not what I got. I'm not confident in the read, but she's either strong town or lean scum, and I'm settling with strong town for now.

What makes me uncomfortable about TierShift is that he came in with a point against Alisae on self-consciousness and instead voted RadiantPhantom (who he called awkward and I don't think awkwardness in general is AI) with a townread on Alisae. But mainly it's that he did not point out any of my posts, nor try to engage me, and had me in his scum pile but instead placed a vote on a lurker newb instead of on me. It feels like he could be trying to set me up as his (TierShift's) partner in case he flips by avoiding interacting with me or pointing out any of my posts.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Still haven't properly sorted Alisae - on the one hand the continued feeling of victimization tugs at me and makes me want to look elsewhere, but on the other the whole thing is that it doesn't help. I can't tell if it's newb town that doesn't know how to play or if it's newb scum that doesn't know how to fake town. It also bothered me that she was constantly saying she didn't know how to play, it was her first game, and she didn't really read up on other games and yet some of the insight given has shown knowledge beyond that. I don't know; tone feels kinda town, content is lacking. There are smatterings of her trying though, so I'll drop it for now since some people work better without continued pressure.

GiF I'm quite confident in calling town at this point.
fluffyrabbit I'm not as confident on as before, since I think he's actually an experienced player and I need to reread the game with that knowledge in mind, but otherwise I remember liking a lot of stuff for town regardless, off memory.
Tywin continues to be a fairly strong townread. Confidence in that is wavering because of some things I could see as possibly opportunistic but I think his play has been generally solid and his early attempt at sorting me still sticks in my mind as something that is strong for town.

VOTE: TierShift
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

Now that I think about, Tier is sorta jumpting to Radiant like a dog on a bone to use his example. And the way he did his reads makes it seem like he knows something we don't. I Don't know what specificly about them, but they just seem that way.
iamafluffyrabbit
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by iamafluffyrabbit »

alright i feel a lot better about jaereed and i can definitely see what you're saying about tiershift

he did in fact mention you as one of his possible susses, and i'd like to see him flesh out more why

i like that your townread on me was conditional on me being newb xd
iamafluffyrabbit
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:27 pm

can you elaborate on what you mean by either strong town or lean scum? kinda dont follow that
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 190, Tywin Lannister wrote:I'll also need to hear from Jae again when he's not V/LA. Did he give a time frame? Hopefully it isn't '9 more days' from now.
It's mostly Limited Access for emotional reasons, which is a lot harder to put a time frame on. I just don't want to be pressured to play when I am feeling emotionally compromised. Chances are I'm still around and reading but not putting as much critical thought into things as I'd like.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 206, iamafluffyrabbit wrote:can you elaborate on what you mean by either strong town or lean scum? kinda dont follow that
Kinda hard to explain, tbh. AA9's initial reaction and response to me with the RVS felt like an overreaction of sorts when reading emotionally. I can see an argument for that being either town or scum, especially with the response to me thinking the reaction was interesting as I do still read it as aggressive over sarcastic (isn't sarcasm a form of aggression anyway?) because the vote doesn't look like RVS, but I can also see a world in which is it and I'm just misinterpreting that. Anyway if it is sarcastic as a response over aggressive then the response is a net null (maybe nullscum since players better than I have noted sarcastic posts early on to be a scumtell in the past and been right with their reads). If it's aggressive I can see arguments for it being town aggression or arguments for it being scum aggression and in the case of it being town aggression I really wouldn't want to push on it and end up in a tunnel today. If she's scum then she still has a partner and I can re-evaluate her tomorrow.

I might be as bad at reading sarcasm as I am at picking it up from my mother irl :? I could be approaching this wrong.

I also didn't particularly love her giving GiF a meta townread and seemingly handwaving others reads on him when I believe there was content to read him off. Like, despite agreeing that he's town I feel like it was a soft discredit of others townreads AND the meta is stale (didn't they say it had been a year or something?) so it doesn't read as completely genuine but also I feel like that is another thing that could come from town with an ego.

idunno, as I said, I'm not confident in my townread but I'm not sure I'd be willing to lynch her today at this point and time, which is why she's on the townread side rather than the scumlean side.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Oh by the way, AA9 becomes incredibly obvious town when she is being run up as town.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
iamafluffyrabbit
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:12 pm

should we just run up on her then
iamafluffyrabbit
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:13 pm

VOTE: AA9

hands up this is a run up
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

I was hoping for an AA9 vote, but I didn't think it would gain traction. I'd much rather get rid of possible experienced scum AA9 (who I have a better scum read on due to her not being new) than a possible scum 8uny. Neither have brought anything to the table so far, but 8uny really can use the 'I'm newb' excuse. AA9 cannot. I also didn't read the reaction vote on Jae as sarcasm either (and I pick up on sarcasm well usually). Again, this all could be confirmation bias on my part, but I'm happy to get a wagon on AA9 and see where it leads. I'm not worried about being called opportunistic (cough Jae cough) when I pointed out AA9 as possible scum beforehand. I'll stand by my reads and votes.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: ArchAngel9
iamafluffyrabbit
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
iamafluffyrabbit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:43 pm

yeah sorting between the 6 slots outside of 8uny/radiantphantom/alisae is a lot more appealing to me overall rn, even if it seems pretty likely that at least one of those 3 slots is scum
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by JaeReed »

L-2.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

Now L-1.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

I need more on AA9 before I post my reads, I have no idea what to think of AA9 currently so yeah.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

You guys are doing this wrong
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by JaeReed »

How so?
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.4

ArcAngel9 (4):
iamafluffyrabbit, Tywin Lannister, JaeReed, Alisae
RadiantPhantom (2):
8uny, TierShift
Alisae (1):
ArcAngel9

No Vote (2):
GuyInFreezer, RadiantPhantom

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Tuesday, December 6, at 4:00 PM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-12-06 16:00:00).
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

GIF what are your thoughts? Especially with how quick AA9 bandwagon formed? Normally I'd be suspicious, but it's got all my highest ranked pro-town on it (plus me), so I'm less so than if it was a different situation. You're my highest ranked pro-town not on it, so any thoughts from you would be helpful.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 217, GuyInFreezer wrote:You guys are doing this wrong
Its confirmed GIF that scum in my wagon. We should lynch my wagon.
In post 218, JaeReed wrote:How so?

Because I am town noob.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 221, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 217, GuyInFreezer wrote:You guys are doing this wrong
Its confirmed GIF that scum in my wagon. We should lynch my wagon.

Because I am town noob.
Who's the scum on your wagon and why? I think everyone on it is town.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Alisae »

Yeah, the most sus people on this waggon are me and Jae. I state a reason, dunno if it's that viable or not, but Jae just votes AA9 up. He's third vote for AA9 and apparently thats a cool scum spot. So far here are my reads on people.

Very Much Town:
Fluffy
Tywin

I really don't know yet:
AA9
GIF
Tier

Very Much so Scummy:
8uny
Jae
Radiant

When it comes to Fluffy and Tywin, I think they're town because they are trying to find scum. As in trying to play the game. If anyone I think they are the most vocal people atm.
With AA9, I really don't know. She's leaning more towards town for me, but I just don't know. Maybe she could be a scum partner for reasons others pointed out, but I voted in hopes that I could try to get a clearer read on her.
GIF I'll get back to in another post. Need to ISO him to figure this out more.
When it comes to Tier, I just don't really know yet. He's leaning towards Scum for me, mostly for reasons that Jae pointed out. But also to me, Radiant like a dog on a bone to use his example. And I really don't know what about his reads on people, but they just seem really offputting. Maybe it's he didn't explain much as to why. For some reason it just bothers me.
8uny for.

8uny and Radiant may just need replacements, I asked for a prod on 8uny and I haven't seen him post assuming he was prodded. Same goes for Radiant.

I think Jae is scummy. Why?
In post 208, JaeReed wrote:
In post 206, iamafluffyrabbit wrote:can you elaborate on what you mean by either strong town or lean scum? kinda dont follow that
Kinda hard to explain, tbh. AA9's initial reaction and response to me with the RVS felt like an overreaction of sorts when reading emotionally. I can see an argument for that being either town or scum, especially with the response to me thinking the reaction was interesting as I do still read it as aggressive over sarcastic (isn't sarcasm a form of aggression anyway?) because the vote doesn't look like RVS, but I can also see a world in which is it and I'm just misinterpreting that. Anyway if it is sarcastic as a response over aggressive then the response is a net null (maybe nullscum since players better than I have noted sarcastic posts early on to be a scumtell in the past and been right with their reads). If it's aggressive I can see arguments for it being town aggression or arguments for it being scum aggression and in the case of it being town aggression I really wouldn't want to push on it and end up in a tunnel today. If she's scum then she still has a partner and I can re-evaluate her tomorrow.

I might be as bad at reading sarcasm as I am at picking it up from my mother irl :? I could be approaching this wrong.

I also didn't particularly love her giving GiF a meta townread and seemingly handwaving others reads on him when I believe there was content to read him off. Like, despite agreeing that he's town I feel like it was a soft discredit of others townreads AND the meta is stale (didn't they say it had been a year or something?) so it doesn't read as completely genuine but also I feel like that is another thing that could come from town with an ego.

idunno, as I said, I'm not confident in my townread but I'm not sure I'd be willing to lynch her today at this point and time, which is why she's on the townread side rather than the scumlean side.
After saying that last bit, he jumps on the waggon for AA9 on the third spot. First of all, third spot for hoping onto a waggon seems scummy to me. Second of all, he doesn't add anything when adding AA9 to the waggon. And lastly, he contradicts himself by voting her up as soon as the waggon started. And when GIF is saying that we're doing this all wrong, he just responds
Hell, by even letting me off the hook as someone who is playing really scummily for a VT, that in itself seems scummy to me mostly because you claim you want to let me operate a bit better under pressure, yet I think you changed your vote so that you can keep me alive as a townie that'll just get lynched for acting like a scum. Saves you one less NK.

VOTE JaeReed
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Alisae is now a confident townread, cool. That paranoia is good. The move to put AA9 at L1 was also one I don't think would be done as scum.

{Tier, Phantom, AA9, 8uny} pretty confident in my townreads outside of these four at this time.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”