2016 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with broncos decision to try the 62 yarder. Their kicker has made them in practice and you have no timeouts. Either you punt and play for the tie or you go for it. Punting and playing for the tie is something I would not have done either. Too many ties already this year

Upsets by TB and KC yesterday give TB a playoff chance and KC a chance to take the west from the Raiders
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'd have gone for it on 4th and 10. Same logic as the field goal, but probably slightly better odds of picking up the first down than making the field goal from there.

Also, I don't consider KC's win an upset. They are a better team than Denver.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

That may be true. KC reasonably has a SB shot with that defense. Looking at an updated playoff machine with my picks I got them stealing the west from OAK and both BAL and PIT making it in over DEN. TB takes a wild card and so does WAS
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Wraith »

Man I like TB but they're such a hit-or-miss team. They still have to play the Saints twice plus the Cowboys(!) and I don't think they have the consistency to make it.

No longer think the Redskins are going to make it. They can't afford to lose more than one more game and with the Cards and two division rivals coming up I think it's just too difficult.

The Broncos do have a nasty trio of games at the end of their schedule but playoffs are still do-able for them because the Ravens and Dolphins have such a nasty remaining schedule.

The MIA @ BAL game is going to decide a lot. Whoever wins, I think their playoff chances are doomed. Ravens can't afford a single mistake at this point and the Dolphins play three division games in a row to end the season.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Bella »

In post 525, PokerFace wrote:I agree with broncos decision to try the 62 yarder. Their kicker has made them in practice and you have no timeouts. Either you punt and play for the tie or you go for it. Punting and playing for the tie is something I would not have done either. Too many ties already this year

Upsets by TB and KC yesterday give TB a playoff chance and KC a chance to take the west from the Raiders
I wouldn't call the KC win an upset.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wraith wrote:The MIA @ BAL game is going to decide a lot. Whoever
loses
, I think their playoff chances are doomed. Ravens can't afford a single mistake at this point and the Dolphins play three division games in a row to end the season.
ftfy

Pre KC vs DEN struck me as a game where DEN had a slight edge. Not a huge upset but I still felt things were in Denver's favor before the match
Pre TB vs SEA struck me as SEA having much bigger edge. So it was bigger upset. I think the injuries SEA were dealing with is why TB won

NE has chance to lose SB with Gronk out and other players not looking good health wise. I am sure they don't want to give up home field advantage in playoffs but resting players late in the season may be better. Should KC beat OAK in upcoming weeks I think NE can sit some players and lose a game while still beating out KC for home field advantage
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Wraith »

For NE this feels a lot like last year. Start really strong, mid-late season start slumping as injuries take their toll and other teams start hitting a groove, wins come by smaller and smaller margins, eventually lose in the playoffs to a strong defense because the center cannot hold. That's what I'm thinking. Really! Those games against Pittsburgh (who didn't have Ben), Seattle, and the Jets are bad omens for the Pats, and they've looked eminently beatable of late.

AFC playoffs can be really interesting if that's the case.

* NE is slumping
* DEN is slumping (especially since it appears Siemian is out ROS)
* OAK is a house of cards defensively
* HOU has an awful offense (they're like a worse version of the Vikings)

KC could go really far this year. PIT could go far if we make it, though we're almost as much a house of cards as OAK. BAL could go far if they make it and Playoff Flacco rejuvenates their lethargic offense. If Miami continues to surge even they could go far. Even TEN is an longshot dark horse if they can make it.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

I think Lane Johnson is clearly this years MVP
Eagles have been shit since he got suspended
empirical evidence
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Bella »

The Rams have signed Fisher and Snead to new contracts.

As a reminder, today is December 4th, not April 1st.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wow Rams crazy

NE still has best chance to win it all but I feel their chance has weakened
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:54 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Owners must think football is scored like golf or something
I really dont get it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rams sure do. Fisher must have most 8-8 or less performances of any coach at this point

Good to see you back on the forums shaft.ed
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Wraith »

Stan Kroenke has never cared about the quality of his product, just the quantity of merchandise sold. And the sad thing is that he's almost certainly going to win now that he has an LA sports franchise.

The Dolphins got exposed HARD as playoff pretenders today. That was brutal.
Show

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm not surprised, Miami almost lost to the browns earlier this year. If we had a descent kicker, Browns would have won that game. Unlikely Browns will win a game rest of this year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:11 am

Post by inte »

0-16 baby

surprisingly, pryor is doing p well

just wish we also had josh gordon
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:59 am

Post by pickemgenius »

coleman/gordon/pryor is a super dope wr corp.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Browns biggest problem "this year" is Oline. We have had almost as many people play center as we have had play QB. Lack of protection is what doomed us most "this year". Had oline been stronger we would not have needed as many QBs and could have had better opportunity to see if any QB we had, had value.

Given the QB class next year I think I'd rather we trade back to fix oline with many picks before we try to fix qb issue again...
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:19 am

Post by pickemgenius »

yalls have had a pretty solid OL for quite awhile but then yall went and drafted fucking brandon weeden, brady quinn, johnny manziel etc.

like damn you put a competent qb behind some of your better lines and damn.

fortunately or unfortunately I really like Kessler and hope he wont remain forever injured.

yalls got shitloads of draft picks there year spend on your oline and dline and probably a little bit in the secondary and your team isnt sooooo bad.

idunno.

oya and please dont draft Kizer. dudes got busto written all over him.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 536, PokerFace wrote:Rams sure do. Fisher must have most 8-8 or less performances of any coach at this point

Good to see you back on the forums shaft.ed
I'm bored enough to research this. I'm only going to include full seasons, but will put partial seasons with losing records in parenthesis:

Jeff Fisher 15 (1-5 in 1994)
Weeb Ewbank 13
Tom Coughlin 10
Mike Shanahan 9 (1-3 in 1989)
Dan Reeves 9 (+2 partial seasons)
Sam Wyche 9
John Kuharich 9
John Fox 8 (2016 will make 9)
Norm Van Brocklin 8 (+2 partial seasons)
Tom Landry 8 (7-8 in 1987)
Chuck Knox 8 (4-5 in 1982)
Norv Turner 8
Chuck Noll 8
Steve Owen 8

(Source= pro-football-reference.com)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

So I was right about him having most .500 or below seasons. That's sad for rams fans
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

poor Cecil Shorts
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Wraith »

That moment when you're a Steelers fan but played against Le'Veon Bell in the playoffs in the money league this week.
Show

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Playing around on the playoff machine and it's very hard to find a way that the Broncos get into the playoffs. They still play New England, Kansas City, and Oakland. I can't see them winning two more games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree. None of those opponents can afford a loss as they are fighting over playoff position and home game possibility. Only one where Denver may have a chance is against the raiders and thats only if KC game ends before it and raiders give it to Denver. I don't see Denver earning it.

Douglas's hit on Harris was foul play and should have gotten Douglas tossed

Return to “General Discussion”