Mini 1855: Questionable Content Mafia - Game Over!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 505, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What's the case on Ari? Nothing about his tone seems off and he's always this fluffy. He also implied he would be finished catching up by tomorrow so let's judge one of his hopefully many substantial posts of the game then and go from there.
how did that go for you?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 513, camn wrote:Dear all the camn-haters. I am going to totally and ruthlessly sheep nacho right now. Probably for the next 2 game days.
and for all the camn-haters, this is called "sheeping someone you are trying to read". i don't employ it often myself, but it does seem fun.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:28 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 649, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 474, pisskop wrote:Socrates seems more like he's rusty, but not quite town.

Hes a relic, no? I see some surface scanning,but I dont have any faith in a lasting townread on him, I just dont find him scummy.
you phrased this at poking at the chinks
how exactly are you poking at chinks here?
I was talking to you. Poking him has nothing to do with poking at you.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 551, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’m Marten. Sorry to everyone that I got the cool main character and you didn’t! *
I am your mother, Veronica Reed (also known as Veronica Vance in my line of work). I am unsure why that needed to be said considering my crumbs were less crumbs and more "I AM VERONICA REED" in bright green lettering but if it makes you feel better, then I'm doing my job.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 652, pisskop wrote:
In post 649, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 474, pisskop wrote:Socrates seems more like he's rusty, but not quite town.

Hes a relic, no? I see some surface scanning,but I dont have any faith in a lasting townread on him, I just dont find him scummy.
you phrased this at poking at the chinks
how exactly are you poking at chinks here?
I was talking to you. Poking him has nothing to do with poking at you.
where were you poking at me again?

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

In post 626, Nachomamma8 wrote:in this case spyrex's dreams aren't good for the health of the game and so he doesn't get them often
Counterpoint

Speed lynches are hilarious
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 655, SpyreX wrote:
In post 626, Nachomamma8 wrote:in this case spyrex's dreams aren't good for the health of the game and so he doesn't get them often
Counterpoint

Speed lynches are hilarious
hilarious, but the amusement gained from them fades fast
they're basically cocaine and you are addicted

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

and horribly inept at finding a dealer who isn't a police officer but still addicted

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I've managed like two someone always like lets be serious lets be all cool and waste 80 pages for a misly NC h
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

well this time you got to wait for me to catch up in thread and be my beautiful self and if we didn't wait for Aristo to replace in we would have missed out on taking the easy layup which we might still miss if you don't fix your failvote and make it a proper L-1

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

also your heart really wasn't in it this time and it showed :(

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 608, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 589, JaeReed wrote:
In post 584, Nachomamma8 wrote:JaeReed I know you probably want some guidance to rescue you from that dark world of your MoI world but as I still haven't caught up with the game completely I need you to talk about MoI before I can make that dream a reality.
Nacho, I'm going to make this perfectly clear: I don't townread you. Stop trying to buddy up to me.
dark world of that MoI read*
I'm not trying to buddy you; when buddying, I try to aim for more "lovable" and "charming" and less "obnoxious substanceless asshole". Instead, since I thought you were in the business of attempting to read me, I tried to open up a line of communication by challenging you on your MoI read; why didn't you talk about your read there?
I've already made long posts responding to MoI. I'm not going to engage you on it beyond "read the back and forth" at this point, because you clearly haven't or you'd have something more to say and some actual reasons why you seem to think I'm wrong. I'm fairly sure you couldn't have honestly expected me to say much different there.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 627, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 625, kraska77 wrote:
Hold up

I'm beginning to forget that u could be scum urself!! We can't be compadres just yet srry I don't fully trust u yet
it's okay friend, i'm used to being misunderstood
i'm fairly confident the last words uttered before this game ends will be "if they aren't scum then make sure to look at Nacho again, he could just be fooling us"
This sounds like you're fairly sure you're not getting nightkilled. Why?
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 628, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 149, JaeReed wrote:
In post 143, camn wrote:Where as your feelings on me are total OMGUS?
Not at all.

I already stated that you were below null before your vote on me.
Hmmm. It seems like your early game were a lot of interactions that seemed like they went kind of funky because of bad communication; I'll do a bit better in being clear when responding to you because I can't imagine that my current approach is helping.

For one, when I don't contribute more, I can't. Sometimes other things come first, other times I'm just fucking tired, other times I end up procrastinating too much; these are things I shouldn't fuck up on, but I do and it's not particularly tied with alignment (I enjoy both sides of the game enough and am comfortable enough posting on either side where I don't dread making a post because of my alignment). My approach with Aristo is based on experience; I've been scumpartners with him once, everyone knew that he lurked as scum, everyone picked up on him lurking as scum, scumpartners told him to post more, he essentially couldn't. When I've played with him as town (a couple times, a few times), he's seemed town/I've locked down a townread on him fairly early. I think that he has a significant weakness in his scumgame and I think this weakness is magnified by pressure. I think his initial approach "I just got here!" without doing something is fairly damning in and of itself but it's not like he hasn't gotten a chance to do something; I'd give more benefit of the doubt if I wasn't familiar with his game, but I am and I don't see any reason offering it.

As for my approach to you, it's probably accurate to say that I'm buddying in that I'm tailoring my play to communicate better with you and you specifically; assigning that to scum motivation because "buddying" is a common tell will not give you much accuracy in general since it's an integral part of my style. I'd expect you to be familiar with this approach based on our first game together based on my shameless buddying of several key players, hence my initial response to you being as dismissive as it was; if it came off as rude, it wasn't my intention (although I imagine my style this game will probably end up being a bit grating), and if there's something you want me to slow down and talk about seriously, just let me know.
It's not helping, but I know it's not particularly alignment indicative in your case since you change up your game fairly frequently. Unfortunately.

Yes I do know that. That's why you didn't earn my vote for your procrastination, and instead got more pushes to contribute. I appreciate the clarification on Aristo.

I didn't say it was scum motivation. It makes me uneasy to have someone I don't townread buddy me. It doesn't necessarily make you scum. I buddy my townreads all the time, for instance. But using our first game as an example is actually terrible here; you were scum. You buddied me with the same brush you used to paint your buddy as town.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Oh ho ho I was thinking of Hungarian Notak II which I think you read but you did not play

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 638, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 252, Socrates wrote:I'm the oddly stiff one? Rubbish.
You're correct that there's no logical explanation for Jae to reach the conclusion they did but gut wants what it wants and when said gut is referring to a confirmation post then it doesn't really matter in the end.
Commenting this as a person regardless of anything else... aosidfjlk THANK YOU
In post 640, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 353, JaeReed wrote:Eh, I'm not feeling pisskop. I actually liked his reaction to being scumread. The whole "you need to learn the differences" thing.
was okay.
not great.
Sometimes okay, not great is enough to not want a D1 lynch on the person.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 664, Nachomamma8 wrote:Oh ho ho I was thinking of Hungarian Notak II which I think you read but you did not play
Hah, yeah, that was my first game I'd ever read =) I think it was a good starting point, too.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 653, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 551, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’m Marten. Sorry to everyone that I got the cool main character and you didn’t! *
I am your mother, Veronica Reed (also known as Veronica Vance in my line of work). I am unsure why that needed to be said considering my crumbs were less crumbs and more "I AM VERONICA REED" in bright green lettering but if it makes you feel better, then I'm doing my job.
Yes, I get they were blatantly obvious hints. Just like LLD just did. My point is if there is already a mass-flavor claim underway I don't see the reason to not just say it as opposed to saying-it-but-not-saying-it. I mean anyone who can use Wikipedia or TvTropes can figure out even if they have no flavor knowledge.

And no, I will not take a picture with your dildo.
In post 659, Nachomamma8 wrote:well this time you got to wait for me to catch up in thread and be my beautiful self and if we didn't wait for Aristo to replace in we would have missed out on taking the easy layup which we might still miss if you don't fix your failvote and make it a proper L-1
Are you trying to get Spyrex to lolhammer Ari to make him feel better about missing out on his page 10 speed lynch?

Because I already put him at L-1.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by camn »

In post 604, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Are you still avoiding answer those questions I asked in 460 for a reason?
I must have forgot about it.
a) just trying to piece together the timeline of his attack on Jae. Counter question- what relevance do YOU think my opinion on the relevance could have???!! I kid. I don't care :)
b) later.
c) Its not crap. Its the most basic level of cognitive dissonance and I believe in it. Now- there is an answer to it.. but Dunn failed to provide it. And I am not going to now.
In post 604, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Also, what made you ask this 500+ posts later?
When you first posted it I thought FOR SURE that was a Hanner's crumb in re: the coffe roaster spiders! I forgot about the library spiders :) I actually had you down as Hanners on my spreadsheet. Now its LLD.
In post 611, Nachomamma8 wrote:my dancing partners of late have been more frustrating than competent and it'd be a nice change of pace to deal with someone with a sense of rhythm.
Not yet, my sweet. I like to watch. Plus I like my vote where it is.
L-1!
Hammer! Hammer!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by JaeReed »

You put him at 5 votes of 7.

This is L-1.

VOTE: Ari
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by camn »

Awwww. Another transparent Gambit Ruined.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 9&sr=posts

This is Aristos post history.
He had time for GTKAS this morning.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by camn »

Huh:
In post 109, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I'm not familiar with any of the flavor but I feel like it could be indicative of alignment in some way.
In post 542, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why should we follow your theory, Dunn?
In post 549, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
Dunn:
Your tone doesn't make me feel more at ease but I'll consider it.
TELL US YOUR ROLE!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 611, Nachomamma8 wrote:If you're posturing for suspicion on me, I'd recommend dropping your "sheep to read" method and instead going all-in on getting me lynched; my dancing partners of late have been more frustrating than competent and it'd be a nice change of pace to deal with someone with a sense of rhythm
Let me also say for the record I'm mildly insulted by this after TV Kids Mafia ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by camn »

Moi- maybe its your outfits. Mine are cuter.
Also- who is pisskop? I dont know what "Chibi" is.

and
@MOD:
Can you Prod Aristo?
Its been 2 days as of 15 minutes ago.

(he posted elsewhere 9 times since. Not a shit-ton of posting.. but some.)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I interperreted pisskop as the pink haired anime robot