Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Joshz »

i think psyche being conftown makes human look a lot worse because ive explained previously why psyche's idling was NAI and he still pushed it. i think sobolev's interactions with jackel were TvS, they did not look fake. i would probably still want to wagon howard, but you would not have got an inspect off today if howard was scum unless his play was to seem newbie. thats a possibility, but not a likelyhood.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Joshz »

like, i understand the theory behind trying to look newbie, but letting a cop get an inspect in exchange for that... that just removes one person from the might-be-scum pool. definitely not something id consider a good play.
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Hellfire Missile »

In post 546, Joshz wrote:hellfire claim now and make a case if you have one to live

im ready to hammer you
VT
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 551, Joshz wrote:like, i understand the theory behind trying to look newbie, but letting a cop get an inspect in exchange for that... that just removes one person from the might-be-scum pool. definitely not something id consider a good play.
I mean I guess it could be possible if someone is trying to set up HM for an easy lynch today. But then scum would be somebody who Locust is unlikely to inspect which excludes me, Sequencer and HM.

An HM lynch today still looks likely but if he flips town I'm pretty suss of you and Howard.

@HM: any case to defend yourself or reads on other people?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Joshz »

wdym if he flips town

the game is done if he doesnt flip town...

the fact is hm is the best lynch at this point. i actually think human is more likely scum, but hellfire is not contributing or posting along with being scummy. this is a situation where id rather not have to constantly discuss him every day and just put it to bed.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Joshz »

look at hm's posts theyre all empty and bleh
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Joshz »

i mean then again youre all idling fucks so idk what to say
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:16 pm

fuck it i attempted to read and blanked

lynch me if you will i can't do anything
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Jackel98 »

Bah? Good game.
@mod dead thread?
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@Joshz: Your explanation for the NK reasoning contains too many pronouns and is difficult to read so please correct me if I am wrong Your argument revolves around Locust being killed or blocked. The problem is that apparently neither happened.

The Lynch

Locust
Loopdan

Human Sequencer
HowardRoark
Loopdan
off and on

Jackel98
claim

Human Sequencer unvote
HowardRoark unvote and claim versus setups
Locust unvote
Human Sequencer vote
Locust vote
Joshz vote
Sobolev Space hammer

483-486 bothers me. Human Sequencer disregards the
DayahaangRai
Locust cop claim and defends Jackel98. Locust gets the claim inconsistency. Human Sequencer jumps back onto Jackel98. Locust follows.

I think Loopdan's could be a NK reason. Today has "ruled out" a bus. @Human Sequencer, please explain/reference this.

VOTE: Human Sequencer

I don't think that Hellfire Missile is the scum. He's an easy target. One that remains on my short list, especially with a D1 success. However, I currently believe that my vote is the better lynch.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

HM, you seem legitimately exasperated here. If you're not enjoying the game then you should probably ask for a replacement instead of just resigning yourself to being lynched. But if you still want to play remember its a newbie game and you can ask for help on how to get content started. Now that we (hopefully) have a more active IC there will be more good advice available.
In post 559, HowardRoark wrote:I think Loopdan's could be a NK reason.
Can you explain this more please? I don't see anything in this post that points directly at Sequencer...
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@Sobolev Space: By itself it is not much. Loopdan was looking at Human Sequencer, i.e. , , , . I read into 501, probably nothing, but feel it is worth being part of my case. I looked through Jackel98 ISO also . . . not much, maybe and .
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 559, HowardRoark wrote:@Joshz: Your explanation for the NK reasoning contains too many pronouns and is difficult to read so please correct me if I am wrong Your argument revolves around Locust being killed or blocked. The problem is that apparently neither happened.

The Lynch

Locust
Loopdan

Human Sequencer
HowardRoark
Loopdan
off and on

Jackel98
claim

Human Sequencer unvote
HowardRoark unvote and claim versus setups
Locust unvote
Human Sequencer vote
Locust vote
Joshz vote
Sobolev Space hammer

483-486 bothers me. Human Sequencer disregards the
DayahaangRai
Locust cop claim and defends Jackel98. Locust gets the claim inconsistency. Human Sequencer jumps back onto Jackel98. Locust follows.

I think Loopdan's could be a NK reason. Today has "ruled out" a bus. @Human Sequencer, please explain/reference this.

I don't think that Hellfire Missile is the scum. He's an easy target. One that remains on my short list, especially with a D1 success. However, I currently believe that my vote is the better lynch.
sorry, quote the post and explain again
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Joshz »

Oh. My explanation for the night kill (I read nk as neutral killing from town of salem fsr and got really confused rofl) is basically this.

- if there was no mafia roleblocker there was no town doctor so mafia was free to kill locust
- obviously, it stands to reason that there therefore is a mafia roleblocker in the game.
- the roleblocker knows there is a town doctor. naturally, this is a newbie game so its assumed the doctor wont make a hail mary play and heal anyone besides locust. so, the play is to kill the experienced player who ISNT being scum read and roleblock the cop.
- clearly the cop wasn't roleblocked or killed so either the scum is a super noob, trying to look as such, or locust's claim is fake, even though he hasnt been ccd.
- the reason i think loopdan was the obvious choice for the night kill is he is the most experienced player, again, not being scum read. psyche might have been better because it was obvious that slot was being inspected since we told him to, nullifying the read. it was between loopdan and psyche.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 560, Sobolev Space wrote:HM, you seem legitimately exasperated here. If you're not enjoying the game then you should probably ask for a replacement instead of just resigning yourself to being lynched. But if you still want to play remember its a newbie game and you can ask for help on how to get content started. Now that we (hopefully) have a more activehttp://forum.mafiascum.net/posting.php?mode=multi&f=11&m[]=8570059# IC there will be more good advice available.
In post 559, HowardRoark wrote:I think Loopdan's could be a NK reason.
Can you explain this more please? I don't see anything in this post that points directly at Sequencer...
this ic hasnt rly been active either :/
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

In post 559, HowardRoark wrote: I think Loopdan's could be a NK reason. Today has "ruled out" a bus. @Human Sequencer, please explain/reference this.
In post 519, Human Sequencer wrote:I'm not just writing off a bus because it's a bus, Sobolev's reads on Jackel didn't read 'bussing' to me, locust is cop lol, Josh is town.
do you all really think i'm the kind of player that would bus that hard lmao
do you all really think i'm the kind of player stupid enough to not nk locust lmao
i know this is wifomy as fuck but come on guys

In my eyes the only possibilities are that HM is legitimately as clueless as he looks and therefore didn't know locust was objectively the best nk choice, or somebody thought that was the case and decided to frame him for it.
Again, wifomy as fuck, but I don't see any other reason for a loopdan kill AND locust getting a result.
If Huntress is town, my logic stands and is only amplified by what I mentioned above. Without Huntress, we're left with HM.
VOTE: Hellfire
Not to mention his AtE reads even faker than his newbishness.
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Joshz »

huntress literally has to be town
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Yes, there is -no- reality where Huntress isn't town.
Unless Locust is town and lying to us which he isn't doing because he's pretty switched on.
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Joshz »

i have more faith in locust than that
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Joshz »

itd be hilarious if he was like vt tho rofl
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:34 pm

That wouldn't be hilarious, that would just make me sad.
nah
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 561, HowardRoark wrote:@Sobolev Space: By itself it is not much. Loopdan was looking at Human Sequencer, i.e. , , , . I read into 501, probably nothing, but feel it is worth being part of my case. I looked through Jackel98 ISO also . . . not much, maybe and .
Agree that looks a little sketch. Especially because I questioned him on his Sequencer read in and got no response.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 569, Joshz wrote:itd be hilarious if he was like vt tho rofl
Locust going for that next level gambit.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 am

Locust what led you to keep the legitimacy of Rai's claim under wraps until the right time? What was going through your mind when you replaced in and got your role pm, and what caused you to react in the way you did?

I'm trying to get a better understanding of Locust's slot because I feel like it's the lynchpin of this game.
nah
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:15 am

In post 560, Sobolev Space wrote:HM, you seem legitimately exasperated here. If you're not enjoying the game then you should probably ask for a replacement instead of just resigning yourself to being lynched. But if you still want to play remember its a newbie game and you can ask for help on how to get content started.
Alright then. Going to do just that.

How do i get content started? Who do i focus on? Don't give me some shit on who acts most scum, because I have no idea either. Don't tell me who look's most town because I don't know that either (contributing to town discussion?) How do you even get reads? (No gut because atm irl i actually don't know how i'm feeling everyday so I wouldn't recognize a gut when i saw one)

Can I ask more questions during a non-newbie game and not get automatically lynched?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”