Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6850 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 6786, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6725, Narna wrote:I've also tried to start lynches on the current frontrunners in Maxous and a50 way earlier in the game.
The thing that bugs me is you didn't try to check on any of the people you are pushing to verify that they do/did possess the ability to kill. You're pushing certain slots and checking totally different slots, which is strange to say the least.
I've already explained how I wanted to sort lurkers like massive and shiro with my power since we don't seem to have a vig. I feel like l can read you, and checked nahdia since town was going full apathy and already claimed nonkiller. I thought it was a little suspicious that Nahdia hadn't been killed despite being an active player that seemingly hadn't given up while scum kills turds like slysly and nosferatu.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6851 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 6832, Ankamius wrote:
@Mod: Has there been a moderator error regarding role PM wording, role interactions, or a discrepancy between the two so far in the game?
To the best of my knowledge, I have not made any significant errors while running this game.

In post 6836, Nahdia wrote:
@mod As he flipped, is Shiro's "miller" modifier a standard miller or did his miller modify his slot in ways a standard miller wouldn't? I only ask since all we're given is the role name. I'm hoping you can answer this publicly since it's a question anyone could conceivably ask and get a proper answer for.
The function of Shiro's Miller modifier can be found on the pertinent Wiki page. I will not elaborate any further than that.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6852 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 5, Vote Count #6

Current Vote Count:

(0)
SirCakez
(0)
Giovanni il Pellegrino
(2)
Maxous -- Nahdia, Accountant
(0)
MathBlade
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
Nahdia
(1)
Accountant -- Almost50
(0)
Not Chara
(0)
Ankamius
(0)
BigYoshiFan
(2)
Narna -- SirCakez, Maxous
(2)
Almost50 -- Narna, BigYoshiFan
(0)
Pine
(0)
massive

Not Voting:
PeregrineV, Ankamius, massive, Pine, Not Chara, Giovanni il Pellegrino, MathBlade

With 14 votes available, it takes 8 votes to hammer.

Day 5 Will End on Wednesday, December 14th, at 10 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-12-14 22:00:00)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6853 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6848, Nahdia wrote:
In post 6846, Almost50 wrote:in which there's NO INDICATION that a Miller does NOT return a guilty to a Gunsmith.
But Narna claimed their role wouldn't return a guilty on a miller. A miller, from the wiki. A miller, which is what Shiro was.
So, Narna knows how SHIRO's PM was worded?? Maybe Narna is right (or maybe he is wrong) about "a Miller from the Wiki", but the wiki says nothing about a Psychoiologist (there's a Psychiatrist though).. but anyway, the wiki page about the Miller makes no mention of either, so maybe Narna's role wouldn't have returned a guilty to a Miller that followed he wiki and the roles mentioned in the wiki. That doesn't mean anything because neither Narna's role is explicitly mentioned there nor was it the understanding of Shiro either, and Shiro being the one who received the Miller role and read the PM knows better than any of us, so when he says ALL checks he means ALL of them.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6854 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6647, MathBlade wrote:Because Maxous was a claimed roleblocker N3 someone had to be the fall person.

At this point one of Nahdia or Maxous are confirmed scum. The only way this is not the case is if scum also knew Maxous was a roleblocker and Nahdia wasn't going to act as Nahdia's power is more powerful. The only way nonscum Nahdia would be known to not act is if she was in the hood as it wasn't announced publically to what I could find. This makes Nahdia scum which is a direct contradiction of assume one or the other not scum.
Because Maxous's action N3 failed and Nahdia didn't act.

So there are either three roleblockers for both to be town
Or scum have multiple "make this action fail powers"
Or one of them is scum and lying.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6855 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Straight from the wiki under "Normal Guidelines" for the Miller:
A Miller that knows they are a Miller and flips as such is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. A Miller returns a guilty result if investigated by a Cop, "Miller" if investigated by a Role Cop, and "non-Vanilla" to a Vanilla Cop.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6856 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Narna »

Math is making way too much sense this game.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6857 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6851, Skullduggery wrote:
@mod As he flipped, is Shiro's "miller" modifier a standard miller or did his miller modify his slot in ways a standard miller wouldn't? I only ask since all we're given is the role name. I'm hoping you can answer this publicly since it's a question anyone could conceivably ask and get a proper answer for.
The function of Shiro's Miller modifier can be found on the pertinent Wiki page. I will not elaborate any further than that.
THERE IT IS!

The wiki page says:

Some moderators take the "passive guilt" concept to the point where Millers also investigate unfavorably to other roles (i.e. Gunsmith). Alternatively, specialized Millers can be created specifically for investigative roles other than Cop.

And I -sure as hell- would call this something that "can be found on the pertinent wiki page" because I did find it right there!

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6858 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 6857, Almost50 wrote:
THERE IT IS!

The wiki page says:

Some moderators take the "passive guilt" concept to the point where Millers also investigate unfavorably to other roles (i.e. Gunsmith). Alternatively, specialized Millers can be created specifically for investigative roles other than Cop.

And I -sure as hell- would call this something that "can be found on the pertinent wiki page" because I did find it right there!
So then you think Narna lied and is confirmed scum.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6859 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

So you are saying Narna is innocent in seeing Shiro as guilty, correct?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #6860 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Nahdia »

A50, you have to have Narna as confirmed scum in your eyes. Because yes, that
is
the only conclusion if you're going to take this path of reasoning. Unless you seriously think when Narna asked what their result targeting a miller would be, Skullduggery decided to answer Narna's question
using a different variation of miller than the one used in this game
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #6861 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Which is fucking ludicrous.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6862 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6863 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 5974, Shiro wrote:
In post 5968, Ankamius wrote:Shiro: Describe how your miller role works ASAP, please.
All checks on me return as if I was scum aligned
Mafiawiki wrote:Some moderators take the "passive guilt" concept to the point where Millers also investigate unfavorably to other roles (i.e. Gunsmith)
In post 5935, Narna wrote:Big news from the mod god. I just needed to word my question a little better.
A miller would not return as having the ability to kill if they lacked that ability

Vote: Shiro

Ank what did you ask Skullduggery when inquiring about your miller status?

...so Narna has to be scum.
why would Skull ever say that to Narna unless confirmed town Shiro was lying about his own Miller ability?

like, there's other reasons why Narna is scum but this is ridiculously damning.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6864 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 6853, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6848, Nahdia wrote:
In post 6846, Almost50 wrote:in which there's NO INDICATION that a Miller does NOT return a guilty to a Gunsmith.
But Narna claimed their role wouldn't return a guilty on a miller. A miller, from the wiki. A miller, which is what Shiro was.
So, Narna knows how SHIRO's PM was worded?? Maybe Narna is right (or maybe he is wrong) about "a Miller from the Wiki", but the wiki says nothing about a Psychoiologist (there's a Psychiatrist though).. but anyway, the wiki page about the Miller makes no mention of either, so maybe Narna's role wouldn't have returned a guilty to a Miller that followed he wiki and the roles mentioned in the wiki. That doesn't mean anything because neither Narna's role is explicitly mentioned there nor was it the understanding of Shiro either, and Shiro being the one who received the Miller role and read the PM knows better than any of us, so when he says ALL checks he means ALL of them.
Do millers have passive guilt in skullduggery's other games?

I asked if I would be told that a miller could kill, even if they could not. The mod said that in such a case, no a miller would not appear able to kill.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #6865 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Ank, any chance you can ask Skull what the result would be if a psychologist (or Gunsmith or whatever) would be if they targeted you?

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6866 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6863, Maxous wrote:
In post 5974, Shiro wrote:
In post 5968, Ankamius wrote:Shiro: Describe how your miller role works ASAP, please.
All checks on me return as if I was scum aligned
Mafiawiki wrote:Some moderators take the "passive guilt" concept to the point where Millers also investigate unfavorably to other roles (i.e. Gunsmith)
In post 5935, Narna wrote:Big news from the mod god. I just needed to word my question a little better.
A miller would not return as having the ability to kill if they lacked that ability

Vote: Shiro

Ank what did you ask Skullduggery when inquiring about your miller status?

...so Narna has to be scum.
why would Skull ever say that to Narna unless confirmed town Shiro was lying about his own Miller ability?

like, there's other reasons why Narna is scum but this is ridiculously damning.
Better question: Narna can you provide the exact question you asked?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6867 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

On my way to game night with friends will be on sporadically.

Big yoshi awaiting response to my question.

Narna Thanks for the compliment I have been working on my town game.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6868 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6858, Nahdia wrote:So then you think Narna lied and is confirmed scum.
Nahdia dear: I know for a fact that you're not dumb or slow. I know for a fact that you can get a hint, let alone an explicit statement. Now for you to view what I'm saying in the exact reverse of it's implied meaning (actually not so implied as I've explicitly stated Narna was Town IMHO more than thrice) rings bells in my head. Now I'm even more suspicious of you.

And for fear it might've been my own phrasing that mislead you I was going to be "more lenient" with you, but I noticed the very next post to yours was THIS:
In post 6859, BigYoshiFan wrote:So you are saying Narna is innocent in seeing Shiro as guilty, correct?
Now how come Nahdia reads my statement as "Narna is a lying scum" while Yoshi reads it as "Narna is innocent"???

For the umpteenth time: I do believe Narna did receive a guilty on Shiro, and I believe it to be because of Shiro's Miller role, so Narna was NOT lying about his result.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6869 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6860, Nahdia wrote:A50, you have to have Narna as confirmed scum in your eyes. Because yes, that
is
the only conclusion if you're going to take this path of reasoning. Unless you seriously think when Narna asked what their result targeting a miller would be, Skullduggery decided to answer Narna's question
The one IN THE GAME .. IS .. the one IN THE WIKI PAGE .. under VARIATIONS.

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #6870 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 6869, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6860, Nahdia wrote:A50, you have to have Narna as confirmed scum in your eyes. Because yes, that
is
The one IN THE GAME .. IS .. the one IN THE WIKI PAGE .. under VARIATIONS.
NARNA ASKED SKULLDUGGERY WHAT THEIR RESULT WOULD BE IF THEY TARGETED A MILLER.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #6871 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Nahdia »

A50. YOU'RE BEING DENSE. EXTREMELY FUCKING DENSE.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6872 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6864, Narna wrote:Do millers have passive guilt in skullduggery's other games?
Skull is known to use variants and tailored roles. In my last game modded by him I was a COWARDLY HIDER. Hiders are weak (that's the "normal") meaning they DIE if they target scum. My role in that game didn't. Instead it got RB'd (i.e. instead of hiding I stayed at home, which made me available for NKs and/or investigations/protections and what not.)

If you ask anyone "would a Hider die if they targeted scum" the answer will always be YES. That IS the NORMAL role though.

Btw, it took me jus about the same effort there to explain as it is in here. It was MY OWN ROLE, yet people kept trying to interpret it their own way! I KNEW what my PM said. Skull makes his role PMs abundantly clear, and if you still got questions you can always ask him and he will explain.

So, if we're talking about how Shiro's specific role in this game worked there's no one better than Shiro to explain it, and he did.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6873 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Nahdia:

"A" Miller. As opposed to "THE" Miller version used as Shiro's modifier in this very game. "A" is a GENERAL question, and the answer is 100% correct. The standard Miller role does NOT return a guilty to a Gunsmith or a Psychologist.

You know what? When I finally start modding my own games (and I mean the games in which I create the setup, not use standard setups) I will be sure to invite you to them. You might find it interesting because I'm sure I won't be using "the wiki" as my sole reference. Instead, my own "touch" will be included in the ROLE PMS I send out.

BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6874 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 6867, MathBlade wrote:On my way to game night with friends will be on sporadically.

Big yoshi awaiting response to my question.

Narna Thanks for the compliment I have been working on my town game.
What question?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”