Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Joshz »

Dw lol

I didn't trick him into claiming. I asked for a claim before a hammer. He should have been lynched by now. I'm going to stop talking about this because I don't want to get personal and start insulting people. I am disappointed the conftown IC is playing like this but whatever, nothing I can do about it.

If you lynch me lynch Hellfire next. That's all I have to say.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Joshz »

Before huntress and Howard come in with their godly plays of me acting scum by posting ate and being defeatist, I doubt I'm getting lynched because I think the noobs are reading better. Just a post to remember.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

Not voting josh today, he's town, but go ahead I guess.

Sobolevs posts all send my scumdar into overdrive but I would still prefer HM gone today.
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Joshz »

see heres the thing

we all agree hm should be policy lynched if nothing else at some point because he has clear anti town play

its awful to suggest doing that later as opposed to earlier, we dont want yet another day corrupted by a stupid policy lynch. that just gets scum closer to lylo which is beautiful for them. today is the day we do away with the probably-scum-definitely-useless player (btw hm jsyk i dont mean to be mean even it comes off that way i have nothing against you as a person im just competitive!!!!), so if the game does continue he wont constantly be there just to be there. what might be happening is scum howard wants me lynched today, gets a free policy lynch tomorrow, and wins in lylo with noobies, but tbh i just think its likely bad reading.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:37 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:39 am

This game is already over, we lynch HM then Sobolev, if we do that we win either D2 or 3 guaranteed(tm)
nah
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 650, Joshz wrote:I didn't trick him into claiming. I asked for a claim before a hammer. He should have been lynched by now.
When you asked him to claim there was only one vote on him. Yours. And you haven't given any good reason why anyone else should join you on that. A premature claim only serves to narrow down the field for scum to hit the doctor, if one exists.
In post 651, Joshz wrote:Before huntress and Howard come in with their godly plays of me acting scum by posting ate and being defeatist, ...
Pretty sure I never said anything like that. Those are not scum tells by themselves. But accusing people of using them can be.
In post 653, Joshz wrote:we all agree hm should be policy lynched if nothing else at some point because he has clear anti town play
If I wanted to policy lynch, it wouldn't be HM who seems to be willing to learn. Such lynches are fine for large, fast games but nine player games are too small for that. Policy lynches are actually quite rare here, though often suggested. What you are not saying, and I think you're too smart to overlook it, is that for every lynch we also lose a player through the nk that would have been very helpful to the town.
In post 653, Joshz wrote:its awful to suggest doing that later as opposed to earlier, we dont want yet another day corrupted by a stupid policy lynch. that just gets scum closer to lylo which is beautiful for them. today is the day we do away with the probably-scum-definitely-useless player (btw hm jsyk i dont mean to be mean even it comes off that way i have nothing against you as a person im just competitive!!!!), so if the game does continue he wont constantly be there just to be there. what might be happening is scum howard wants me lynched today, gets a free policy lynch tomorrow, and wins in lylo with noobies, but tbh i just think its likely bad reading.
The day won't be corrupted if you just accept that he's not the lynch for toDay, and move on. By the way, I went back and looked at his earlier read on you, and your posts leading up to it, and I suspect he saw something in you that the others missed. I think that once he gets more confidence his reads could be very insightful.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 596, Human Sequencer wrote:Maybe Howard isn't as towny as I thought in hindsight.
In post 598, Human Sequencer wrote:I don't see scum motivations for most of his actions, though. Troubling.
Maybe this is a bit nit-picky, but why was it "troubling" that you didn't see any scum motivations for his actions when you already had two good scumreads?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:51 am

In I was in 'Look for scum in Howard's posts' mode. The fact that I couldn't find any is troubling to that perspective.
It's a contradiction, but at the time I was humming and hahing over the slot trying to figure out his alignment.
nah
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 2.2

An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. A knife for the ribs.

Hellfire Missile (2)
: Joshz, Human Sequencer
Joshz (2)
: HowardRoark, Huntress

Not Voting
: Locust, Sobolev Space, Hellfire Missile

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-12-15 10:46:08)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

Guys i can't really post today, i will post on monday

do i need to read Joshz as i am bias against him
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:23 am

I've peeled over Josh's iso a bunch and I really do not see it, Huntress.
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 656, Huntress wrote:
In post 650, Joshz wrote:I didn't trick him into claiming. I asked for a claim before a hammer. He should have been lynched by now.
When you asked him to claim there was only one vote on him. Yours. And you haven't given any good reason why anyone else should join you on that. A premature claim only serves to narrow down the field for scum to hit the doctor, if one exists.
In post 651, Joshz wrote:Before huntress and Howard come in with their godly plays of me acting scum by posting ate and being defeatist, ...
Pretty sure I never said anything like that. Those are not scum tells by themselves. But accusing people of using them can be.
In post 653, Joshz wrote:we all agree hm should be policy lynched if nothing else at some point because he has clear anti town play
If I wanted to policy lynch, it wouldn't be HM who seems to be willing to learn. Such lynches are fine for large, fast games but nine player games are too small for that. Policy lynches are actually quite rare here, though often suggested. What you are not saying, and I think you're too smart to overlook it, is that for every lynch we also lose a player through the nk that would have been very helpful to the town.
In post 653, Joshz wrote:its awful to suggest doing that later as opposed to earlier, we dont want yet another day corrupted by a stupid policy lynch. that just gets scum closer to lylo which is beautiful for them. today is the day we do away with the probably-scum-definitely-useless player (btw hm jsyk i dont mean to be mean even it comes off that way i have nothing against you as a person im just competitive!!!!), so if the game does continue he wont constantly be there just to be there. what might be happening is scum howard wants me lynched today, gets a free policy lynch tomorrow, and wins in lylo with noobies, but tbh i just think its likely bad reading.
The day won't be corrupted if you just accept that he's not the lynch for toDay, and move on. By the way, I went back and looked at his earlier read on you, and your posts leading up to it, and I suspect he saw something in you that the others missed. I think that once he gets more confidence his reads could be very insightful.
I assumed he was being lynched. I was not aware people were dumb. But w.e, I have nothing more to say. I'm done keeping thus thread alive today
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Locust »

I can't see us getting anything useful from Hellfire and as much as I want to agree with you on this Huntress I can't see how Hellfire is not a policy lynch. His play is almost solidly anti town I don't know his feelings on the majority of people here and I am now struggling to see the value on not taking a punt on him as scum today. Yes we probably loose someone overnight and this time it probably will be me. However he is attracting town votes and attention if he isn't scum he is still causing problems being alive.

Joshz has been aggressive, but he has had an aggressive play style from the start. It doesn't appeal to me, but I still believe he is town.

Space I am still not sure on.

However for today I am struggling to see past Hellfire.

@Hellfire I am reluctant to put you on L-1 while you are away I will be looking for something substantial on Monday or my vote will be on you.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Agree with what most of Locust says in the post above me. I do think that an HM lynch will provide some valuable info as I've covered before in post . I also don't agree with Huntress's town read on HM. I think that the confusion on already locked roles showed in post might give a reason why scum HM wouldn't rb/kill Locust last night. But more importantly, this game is slow enough as it is and lynching one of the players actually generating content without very good reason is just gonna kill the discussion more, especially when we do have an anti-town player to lynch today.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Also just as an fyi to y'all I'll have reduced activity until probably Wednesday night due to finals. I'll still try to post at least once a day though.
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:46 am

My biggest problem on getting reads on anyone except Joshz is that no one has been voted for, with the exception of Space and even then she didn't react at all to the two votes she got (which by the way Joshz flipped the fuck out when he got 3 votes and was already resigned before then)
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:52 am

BUMP
nah
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:55 am

i'm working on it okay
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:00 am

Not to you, to EVERYBODY
Now I know this thread is a ghost town~
nah
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:04 am

With Rai freaking out no one tried to generate pressure on Human in Vote Count 1.6 (only place i could find 1+ votes for him) and thus, he didn't react and pressure was dropped (again Rai situation)

Rereading pages 9-11 THERE'S LITERALLY FUCK ALL REACTIONS FROM HUMAN

two people voted for him but he didn't respond, because of Rai.

It's like he didn't even notice he had two votes
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:05 am

ffs the only read i can do is Joshz (why)

He's the only person who reacted to the votes

and i already did him

Suggestions?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum