Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

this sounds super shifty

where the fuck is everyone else
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

I was joking. :nerd:
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:00 am

>inb4 i get lynched because i'm bored and the thread is dead
oh i'll be laffin then
nah
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:23 am

In post 676, Human Sequencer wrote:I was joking. :nerd:
suss

:wink:
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:23 am

VOTE: Human Sequencer
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:24 am

In post 673, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 672, Human Sequencer wrote:^^that is towny BTW :]
what's townie

not reacting to a vote(s)?
i shit you knot

suss of reaction

knots
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:42 am

Post by Huntress »

My brain isn't functioning too well today because I'm down with a bad cold, but I'll try to post something later.

HM:
A couple of things you could do:
Try looking a Human's completed games to see how her play there compares with her play here.
Try looking at Jackel's posts to see if you can get any idea as to who his partner might be. Or look at how people interacted with, or avoided, him.
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:32 am

Jackel clears Joshz as town (maybe?) after Joshz's ATE
He says Loopdan acts suss after lack of emotion
Rai (now Locus) scum (cleared)
Space scumish
Goes back to voting Joshz

(all of this was looking at Jackel ISO)
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Locust »

Yay Hellfire you are doing things.

However I am not sure what it is you are doing so clear it up for me exactly why do you think Human might be scum?

At the moment I am still feeling you for todays lynch. Human has been pretty pro town in their play and has been one of the few active scum hunters. Yes I have had Human on my maybe lynch list, but I have my reasons for thinking Human and Joshz are town. This leaves me in an awkward position where I am having to choose between Space, Hellfire and Howard for today's lynch and I am leaning towards Hellfire because the rest are giving me more content to go on as we move into day 3. Basically I feel that your lynch is probably the best option for today. I will check back in later if you can give me a better reason to vote Howard or Space I will be interested to hear it.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:03 am

I've slept on it and changed my mind by the way, I think Sobolev is more likely our scum, but as long as we lynch her tomorrow I don't mind lynching HM today.
Howard isn't our scum and if he is he deserves the win.
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Joshz »

We can lynch all 3 if we assume you're town which I'm not

Locust clear Howard or human tonight imo btw
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:22 am

We won't have to lynch Howard.

If we can lynch three (and I thought we could only lynch 2) I will -gladly- put myself on the line to be lynched if Sobolev and HM flip town.
nah
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Locust »

Human why Space I get Howard seems to be playing his cards close to his chest. I would be very very reluctant if we went after him today, but what is making you say space over Hellfire today?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:33 am

Space seems incapable of creating an original thought, and everything she posts reads fake to me.
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 686, Human Sequencer wrote:We won't have to lynch Howard.

If we can lynch three (and I thought we could only lynch 2) I will -gladly- put myself on the line to be lynched if Sobolev and HM flip town.
7 ppl rn. 1 lynch, 1 kill, 5. 2 lynch, 2 kill, 3. Lylo at that point with the 3 ppl alive determining which is scum.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:34 am

You're right, I forgot about today's lynch.

I don't really care who we lynch out of those two though, because with PoE in mind we literally just win unless somebody can sell me on scumHoward/scumJosh.
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Joshz »

If Sobolev and HM flip town with you still alive it's lylo so do not do this
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:38 am

In post 683, Locust wrote:
However I am not sure what it is you are doing so clear it up for me exactly why do you think Human might be scum?
Just the way Human acted after I pointed out that he didn't react to two votes just sticks me the wrong way

it just seems super shifty
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:48 am

That's obvious Josh, but you don't have to point that out to everybody. :wink:
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:47 am

Post by Joshz »

:s

Sry it's a newbie game I have a hard time
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 am

Is Joshz town cleared?

I only know of Huntress and Locust cleared (although locust maybe isn't cop? Idk how you guys proved him but i suspect it had something to do with cross referencing tables so if you guys could explain that it would be helpful)
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 am

HM, Locust has to be cop. There's no alternative, because if locust isn't cop there's another town power role hiding in the game somewhere.
If that power role claims, we literally just win. We lynch Locust and then the person who counterclaimed them, and as long as no townies have made the stupid decision to fakeclaim, one of them is scum.

Josh isn't town cleared, but I read him as very towny.
nah
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:54 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@Joshz: I still don't understand why you are pointing out that Jackel98 post. Does being an SE have any bearing on it? He's not here to answer it and it's either caught scum creating chaos or communication. Do you see some value in it?
It sounds like your point to Sobolev Space is that you were trying to confuse the mafia into killing somebody other than Locust. Are you trying to take credit for that as well?
In post 653, Joshz wrote:what might be happening is scum howard wants me lynched today, gets a free policy lynch tomorrow, and wins in lylo with noobies, but tbh i just think its likely bad reading.
However . . .
In post 640, HowardRoark wrote:If we're going to PL, I'd rather do it today and remove the distraction from tomorrow's discussion.
Then you . . .
In post 650, Joshz wrote:If you lynch me lynch Hellfire next. That's all I have to say.
I get that you are sold on a Hellfire Missile lynch. If both of you flip town, who would be your LyLo choice?

Urgent call. Will be back in a couple of hours to continue.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 697, HowardRoark wrote:@Joshz: I still don't understand why you are pointing out that Jackel98 post. Does being an SE have any bearing on it? He's not here to answer it and it's either caught scum creating chaos or communication. Do you see some value in it?
It sounds like your point to Sobolev Space is that you were trying to confuse the mafia into killing somebody other than Locust. Are you trying to take credit for that as well?
In post 653, Joshz wrote:what might be happening is scum howard wants me lynched today, gets a free policy lynch tomorrow, and wins in lylo with noobies, but tbh i just think its likely bad reading.
However . . .
In post 640, HowardRoark wrote:If we're going to PL, I'd rather do it today and remove the distraction from tomorrow's discussion.
Then you . . .
In post 650, Joshz wrote:If you lynch me lynch Hellfire next. That's all I have to say.
I get that you are sold on a Hellfire Missile lynch. If both of you flip town, who would be your LyLo choice?

Urgent call. Will be back in a couple of hours to continue.
Because I literally don't get it. It's nonsensical. I'm not rly asking game relatedly, he's supposed to be semi experienced so wtf that post meant is beyond me.

I was trying to trick mafia into killing someone other than Locust. I don't think I can attribute credit to myself for that, more a lack of experience in the mafia. I wanted to throw shade at him because fsr everyone decided rai's claim was bs even though to me it was obviously real, so I was hoping I could lead scum off the path. Clearly something or other worked, which we won't know until we see mafia pt in post game.

If both me and hm flipped town and locuat/psyche were killed it'd be you Sobolev human. I would most likely lynch Sobolev at this point. But there's a ton of game to do, and all 3 of you have various arguments for being scum.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 688, Human Sequencer wrote:Space seems incapable of creating an original thought, and everything she posts reads fake to me.
This is a blatantly false representation of my posting history. Just going over my last couple content posts:
In post I agree with what Locust says above me but add caveats giving reasons why a) I have positive reasons to believe HM could be scum b) an HM lynch will give good info if he flips town and c) an HM lynch today would be least harmful to town
In post I go over stuff in old posts of mine and give reasons why Joshz's suspicion of my vote on Locust is unwarranted
In post I give reasons why the night actions tomorrow night should be able to confirm whether we're in a doc/rb setup
In post I give theories as to why scum would not kill/rb Locust last night if HM is town, something which literally nobody else in this game is bringing up

My posts pretty clearly contain original thoughts, sounds like you just don't want them brought up.

As to your claim that I sound "fake" that mostly seems to stem from this post:
In post 220, Human Sequencer wrote:Sputnik doesn't, maybe
Looks like she's adapting her playstyle to appease to others. At first she claims she's overdefensive as scum, then when josh and I tell her she doesn't need to be concerned about herself this early on and that Josh wants to see more hunting from her, her posts flip over to 'Eh, it's just a few votes on me, I don't care' and 'This is my readslist'. P suss to me. Could be newbie trying to learn how to play properly, but a lot of newbies wouldn't care so much I think
Aside from repeating the already proven false claim that I said I'm overdefensive as scum (discussed in posts and ) your entire case against me rides on me trying to change playstyles to appease town under the radar when I literally admit that I'm trying a new playstyle because my old one made me too focused on myself didn't generate good content in , four posts before your accusal.

Coincidentally Jackel tried to accuse me the same way when he was alive claiming that I was "trying to be as inoffensive as possible" in post when the page before I myself admitted this was a problem that I was trying to work on:
In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:I actually think my style (at least in f2f games I've played) is pretty conciliatory and passive too which is why I'm trying to apply more pressure on people and see how they react this game (we'll see how it works out lol). I think town passivity has been a big problem though and am not sure how we all should address it.

This also reads scummy as shit. Town would have no motive to volunteer themselves for a lynch in lylo knowing that it means an assured scum win. Only motive I can see is trying to build town cred. Also kinda odd you don't consider the possibility that you're a NK either of the two nights...

I'll one up you Sequencer. If you put yourself on the line
today
and flip town I'll volunteer myself for a lynch tomorrow (assuming I'm not NK'd by the most incompetent scum ever) so town still has a day of lylo to find scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”