Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 67, Accountant wrote:North Korea is totally different from my utopia. For one, North Korea has rampart poverty and bad living conditions. For another, the authorities there are harsh and corrupt. They are also a weak state that seek to use nuclear weapons to threaten others.

My utopia will be bountiful and prosper. The authorities will be very fair and extremely just. Finally, it will extend across the world, and the galaxy when we start colonizing, and so there is no need for warlike posturing
If you want to refute this you have to show me exactly how my system has an inherent or systematic flaw that leads it to have the living conditions of North Korea.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 140, Accountant wrote:
In post 137, Showtime wrote:It's not paying any service to stopping racism. I am not a racist. I find racism reprehensible, and discriminatory actions should be punished by law. But it is not the law's place to police the thoughts and speech of the populace.
You claim to hate racism but don't want to stop it.
Incorrect. I do not wish to stop it through implementation of a police state.

Read before responding.
In post 141, Accountant wrote:
In post 137, Showtime wrote:Mmmmmyep. People are free to be wrong if they want. People are also free to be right if they want.
And why do you value the existence of wrongness? Tell me why you love evil so much.
I don't.

It just happens that I consider the suppression of freedom to be about the single biggest evil possible.
In post 143, Accountant wrote:
In post 137, Showtime wrote:son you're a fifteen-year-old sitting in your parent's basement on a website dedicated to playing forum mafia stop pretending you are the buddha
The Buddha? No. A more accurate comparison would be something like a prophet who tells everyone about the teachings of God. Only it's not God, it's the absolute and perfect moral system that judges the entire universe and has the highest possible authority.
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 150, Accountant wrote:
In post 67, Accountant wrote:North Korea is totally different from my utopia. For one, North Korea has rampart poverty and bad living conditions. For another, the authorities there are harsh and corrupt. They are also a weak state that seek to use nuclear weapons to threaten others.

My utopia will be bountiful and prosper. The authorities will be very fair and extremely just. Finally, it will extend across the world, and the galaxy when we start colonizing, and so there is no need for warlike posturing
If you want to refute this you have to show me exactly how my system has an inherent or systematic flaw that leads it to have the living conditions of North Korea.
It has been explained to you multiple times that your system is inherently open to abuse, and actively encourages those that follow it to participate in their own abuse.

This is how you get North Korea.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "but
mine
will
work
and be
perfect
and
pretty
and-" just makes it even more obvious that you have absolutely no idea what in the hell you're talking about.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 151, Showtime wrote:Incorrect. I do not wish to stop it through implementation of a police state.
I do not wish to stop it through implementation of a police state either. I wish to stop it through educating people about how racism is bad and how it's important to avoid treating people badly because of the color of their skin.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 143, Accountant wrote:A more accurate comparison would be something like a prophet who tells everyone about the teachings of God. Only it's not God, it's the absolute and perfect moral system that judges the entire universe and has the highest possible authority.
It's funny because this is pretty much the Buddha
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 153, Accountant wrote:
In post 151, Showtime wrote:Incorrect. I do not wish to stop it through implementation of a police state.
I do not wish to stop it through implementation of a police state either. I wish to stop it through educating people about how racism is bad and how it's important to avoid treating people badly because of the color of their skin.
Which you force them into by implementing a police state, natch.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 151, Showtime wrote:It just happens that I consider the suppression of freedom to be about the single biggest evil possible.
That's a terrible mindset. You love freedom so much you can't see how excessive freedom hurts society by allowing room for mistakes.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:43 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 155, Showtime wrote:Which you force them into by implementing a police state, natch.
Who cares? Results are results.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:43 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 152, Showtime wrote:It has been explained to you multiple times that your system is inherently open to abuse, and actively encourages those that follow it to participate in their own abuse.

Not if everyone is re-educated to not abuse the system.

Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 154, Davsto wrote:
In post 143, Accountant wrote:A more accurate comparison would be something like a prophet who tells everyone about the teachings of God. Only it's not God, it's the absolute and perfect moral system that judges the entire universe and has the highest possible authority.
It's funny because this is pretty much the Buddha
incidentally y'all should go read
Lord of Light
by roger zelazny, it's good shit

and even slightly on topic because it features a buddhist dystopia

and the buddha is leading a rebellion against the hindu pantheon and can shoot force lightning out of his hands

it's pretty baller
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Davsto »

Also I have like 6 spaces left on my Bingo board and I can't think of other things

For the record, this bingo board is not mocking Accountant, it's just phrases or things that I see frequently pop up from either side in discussions with him. It's mocking the discussions that occur, rather than the persons taking part.
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 157, Accountant wrote:
In post 155, Showtime wrote:Which you force them into by implementing a police state, natch.
Who cares?
People who don't want to live in a police state.
In post 158, Accountant wrote:
In post 152, Showtime wrote:It has been explained to you multiple times that your system is inherently open to abuse, and actively encourages those that follow it to participate in their own abuse.

Not if everyone is re-educated to not abuse the system.
In post 152, Showtime wrote:
Sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "but
mine
will
work
and be
perfect
and
pretty
and-" just makes it even more obvious that you have absolutely no idea what in the hell you're talking about.
Read before responding.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 161, Showtime wrote:People who don't want to live in a police state.
Yeah, well, people bitch about everything.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 160, Davsto wrote:Also I have like 6 spaces left on my Bingo board and I can't think of other things

For the record, this bingo board is not mocking Accountant, it's just phrases or things that I see frequently pop up from either side in discussions with him. It's mocking the discussions that occur, rather than the persons taking part.
Pls share so we can help
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 161, Showtime wrote:Read before responding.
Explain clearly why I couldn't just re-educate people to be non-abusive.

Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 162, Accountant wrote:
Because these things make them unhappy.

Is your goal not to maximize human happiness? Or do you just not care, and want to force people into a police state for the hell of it?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Accountant »

I'm fine with Davsto's bingo board. Lord knows I'm tired of hearing the same worn out old arguments("but muh freedom of speech" "but muh free will" "oh noez 1984/north korea/hitler/crusades" "deus vult hahahahaha")

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Davsto »

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Davsto »

The BONUS square you get if certain conditions within other squares are met (or "self-evident" is used because hey why not)
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 165, Showtime wrote:
In post 162, Accountant wrote:
Because these things make them unhappy.

Is your goal not to maximize human happiness? Or do you just not care, and want to force people into a police state for the hell of it?
My goal is to maximize human righteousness and moral uprightness - to make the world perfect. Happiness is good as well, but sometimes these goals are incompatible. Too bad. The backup option is to alter the things that make them happy to get the best of both worlds.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Accountant »

What does "someone attempts to put down accountants views but they agree" mean?

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 166, Accountant wrote:I'm fine with Davsto's bingo board. Lord knows I'm tired of hearing the same worn out old arguments("but muh freedom of speech" "but muh free will" "oh noez 1984/north korea/hitler/crusades" "deus vult hahahahaha")
Pretty much this - within like the last month, virtually every discussion with Accountant has been a rehash of the same argument
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

"Why are you engaging with him?"
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 164, Accountant wrote:
In post 161, Showtime wrote:Read before responding.
Explain clearly why I couldn't just re-educate people to be non-abusive.
All right. I understand that this is complicated, so you're going to have to bear with me here. This is gonna be a tough one.

Deep breaths. Okay.

Here we go:

Because it doesn't work.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

"Just put him on ignore"

Return to “General Discussion”