Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7676 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

I went into exactly where my Mathblade suspicion came from in the neighborhood, so you don't get to lie about it in the main thread.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7677 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 7676, Ankamius wrote:I went into exactly where my Mathblade suspicion came from in the neighborhood, so you don't get to lie about it in the main thread.
>tfw ankamius tells me not to tell ppl he's in the neighbourhood
> I act like his main thread posts are all i read
> Tfw scumread for not telling people ankamius posts in the neighbourbood

Your read is gut, pretty sure the "explanation" you gave in the alleyway is nadeup since it's nonsensical, im comfortable telling everyone you're a useless player who ignores real info in favor of dumbass gut reads
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7678 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 7672, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 7671, Not Chara wrote:speaking of, Peregrine: you haven't talked about why i'm scum since the pepto/Gaster translations discussion. we have some hours left, let's chat.

pedit: that reminds me of a question. Ankamius, have you played with Mathblade before?
It started way back when I kind of expected you to be the flavor master, and to use your flavor skills to try to solve the game. However, a few times when flavor questions came up and we (or at least I) was wondering what it meant (or even could or might mean), you gave nothing.

So I waited, and when speculation came up, you were quiet. That soured me on you from prob-town to prob-scum.

In the last 5000 posts or so, you haven't done anything to change that opinion.
And, except for some sort sprints voting Creature/Math and Giovanni, according to VCs you've always voted to lynch town.

There you have it.
i expected more.

what are you talking about? i've been talking about flavour when thoughts occur to me, but every time i did Andrius jumped down my throat, and it wasn't useful to anything. i thought Shiro was scum for their Asriel claim, and i've been calling the Gaster player anti-town from the get-go. what did you want from me? you had some false expectations that i didn't meet. give me an example.

voting to lynch town is only the legitimate part, because i have been. mainly, because we've only lynched town.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7679 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

Do you know what happened the last time I was in a neighborhood in a scum where I was open in the neighborhood and someone bent what I said in the neighborhood to the main thread?

They were the SK.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7680 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

*in a game
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7681 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 7677, Accountant wrote:
In post 7676, Ankamius wrote:I went into exactly where my Mathblade suspicion came from in the neighborhood, so you don't get to lie about it in the main thread.
>tfw ankamius tells me not to tell ppl he's in the neighbourhood
> I act like his main thread posts are all i read
> Tfw scumread for not telling people ankamius posts in the neighbourbood

Your read is gut, pretty sure the "explanation" you gave in the alleyway is nadeup since it's nonsensical, im comfortable telling everyone you're a useless player who ignores real info in favor of dumbass gut reads
quote related.

Ankamius, i asked because it sounds like you just have a problem with Mathblade's tone and style. the only reasoning i've seen from you is that Math gives you bad feelings. apparently there's more in the hood, is there a reason you haven't shared that?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7682 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

It's an explanation of where the gut read initially came from.

I've put an 'abridged' version in the thread about 2-3 times.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7683 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

I made it pretty damn clear that I'm scumreading Mathblade for using discrediting tactics to shut down opposition when he gets it.

The fact that Accountant is ignoring that is scummy as hell.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7684 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Not Chara »

is there something you have on Mathblade from earlier on that isn't Math's stubborn misunderstanding of how your role works, of their argument with Almost being suspicious?

related, how do you feel about Yoshi in that case?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7685 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

It also makes sense that so many people are suddenly trying to cockblock hammers from me now since I claimed quite a bit about my role in the neighborhood before the replacements. I revealed enough to show that scum definitely would not want me to get towards the end of my list. It puts a lot of Mathblade's arguments against my role in perspective too.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7686 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

I don't read people by what they say.

I read people by how they say what they say and why.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7687 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

The way Mathblade has been posting in the thread the last 10 or so pages fits a scum-trying-to-force-a-town-leader role a lot more than anything else.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7688 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Ankamius »

What is the easiest way to keep your influence when you're one of the most influential people in the town?

Be spammy and shut down everyone who speaks against you.

Take a wild guess what Mathblade has been doing.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7689 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Not Chara »

Mathblade isn't in your hood, what do their arguments have to do with your claimed role?
In post 7687, Ankamius wrote:The way Mathblade has been posting in the thread the last 10 or so pages fits a scum-trying-to-force-a-town-leader role a lot more than anything else.
this logic, is something i can actually follow. it's not really something i agree with for a few reasons, mainly with Yoshi pushing Math, but i can see where you'd get it.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7690 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7687, Ankamius wrote:The way Mathblade has been posting in the thread the last 10 or so pages fits a scum-trying-to-force-a-town-leader role a lot more than anything else.
lol I force Town leader when Town is getting ready to mislynch a townread of mine and there is conf scum found.

I did it and would do it again.

I have work but will keep checking back.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7691 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 7689, Not Chara wrote:Mathblade isn't in your hood, what do their arguments have to do with your claimed role?
this logic, is something i can actually follow. it's not really something i agree with for a few reasons, mainly with Yoshi pushing Math, but i can see where you'd get it.
Easy.

Mathblade + Accountant is scum.
Accountant is in the neighborhood.
Scum likely have daytalk.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7692 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 7690, MathBlade wrote:
lol I force Town leader when Town is getting ready to mislynch a townread of mine and there is conf scum found.

I did it and would do it again.

I have work but will keep checking back.
Wisdom did a lot of similar things in Death Note mafia.

He was also scum.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7693 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Not Chara »

i figured that would be what you'd say. the logic sort of feels like: 'assuming Mathblade is scum, their questioning of my role is therefore suspicious'. what math was questioning you on isn't even grounds to lynch you, it's semantics. i'm not convinced why scum wouldn't just shoot you in this case. if they're scared of your role, they can't lynch you by that alone.

can you answer on Yoshi as well?

pedit: Wisdom did try to cement himself as town leader. Mathblade isn't Wisdom. they are so utterly different from each other in their approaches in these two games wonder how you've compared them.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7694 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 7678, Not Chara wrote:
In post 7672, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 7671, Not Chara wrote:speaking of, Peregrine: you haven't talked about why i'm scum since the pepto/Gaster translations discussion. we have some hours left, let's chat.

pedit: that reminds me of a question. Ankamius, have you played with Mathblade before?
It started way back when I kind of expected you to be the flavor master, and to use your flavor skills to try to solve the game. However, a few times when flavor questions came up and we (or at least I) was wondering what it meant (or even could or might mean), you gave nothing.

So I waited, and when speculation came up, you were quiet. That soured me on you from prob-town to prob-scum.

In the last 5000 posts or so, you haven't done anything to change that opinion.
And, except for some sort sprints voting Creature/Math and Giovanni, according to VCs you've always voted to lynch town.

There you have it.
i expected more.

what are you talking about? i've been talking about flavour when thoughts occur to me, but every time i did Andrius jumped down my throat, and it wasn't useful to anything. i thought Shiro was scum for their Asriel claim, and i've been calling the Gaster player anti-town from the get-go. what did you want from me? you had some false expectations that i didn't meet. give me an example.

voting to lynch town is only the legitimate part, because i have been. mainly, because we've only lynched town.
why would you expect more? Unless I missed something in particular....

First example
Spoiler:
In post 719, PeregrineV wrote:That was less exciting than I thought it would be.

Vote: SirCakez

Some of your early posts have really come of as manufactured.

@zakk
- The sum of your 166 was......nothing? I am surprised that nothing super great has appeared.

@NotChara-
Were you the self-proclaimed Understales expert? I'd like an opinion on .
In post 720, Not Chara wrote:Peregrine: i answered.
In post 471, Not Chara wrote:i also just gave a look, as the self-proclaimed Undertale expert, i have no idea what giga is talking about.
how could a player who isn't Sly have hinted at Sly's role?
In post 473, Not Chara wrote:oh. i think i know what you're referring to. in my opinion, it's inconclusive. not something i'd push without actual evidence/flips to back it up.

but... why is there risk for a counterclaim? if you're so sure the flavour is scum/anti-town flavour, no one is going to counterclaim.

i also simply think it's too early for this sort of thing to be colouring your vote.
to summarize, i think Giga
could
have something but without flips/claims i don't want to push it. it's just something to keep in the back of my mind, and not put too much stock in right now.
In post 721, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 720, Not Chara wrote:Peregrine: i answered.
In post 471, Not Chara wrote:i also just gave a look, as the self-proclaimed Undertale expert, i have no idea what giga is talking about.
how could a player who isn't Sly have hinted at Sly's role?
In post 473, Not Chara wrote:oh. i think i know what you're referring to. in my opinion, it's inconclusive. not something i'd push without actual evidence/flips to back it up.

but... why is there risk for a counterclaim? if you're so sure the flavour is scum/anti-town flavour, no one is going to counterclaim.

i also simply think it's too early for this sort of thing to be colouring your vote.
to summarize, i think Giga
could
have something but without flips/claims i don't want to push it. it's just something to keep in the back of my mind, and not put too much stock in right now.
In post 465, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:the reason i'm vote parking slysly is because i'm pretty sure i have an idea of some aspects of what his role is (flavor i'm pretty sure, and some general mechanics about it but i don't know his role PM completely) and
i can't possibly see it as a town thing
Whatever it is, can you see it as a town thing?
In post 726, Not Chara wrote:Peregrine: if giga is right, it's not a town thing. the problem is because it isn't confirmed as even being role-related, and is related to a different player who would surely be town. it's messy, no need to out it right now. if it comes out later, that's the time to talk about it. essentially, i know what giga is talking about but they've made a lot of assumptions in moving from 'noticing the thing' to 'vote-parking SlySly'.
i'll say what i've been saying: now isn't really the time for flavour speculation.

Blade Dancer: i have to think about it. i don't have experience with 'tells' to look back at. it just seems incredibly arbitrary. if true, it suggests some kind of subconscious scum trait that is making jokes about gambler's fallacy indicating a player will be more likely to have rolled scum this game.

Magna: i really don't see Blade Dancer bussing. McMenno scum would mean Blade Dancer town.
you have a lot of experience with zakk? how are they as town?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7695 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Not Chara »

right. i answered you there. completely. i don't remember you asking for more, and there was literally no reason to move further with unfounded speculation.

later, all of that spec did matter because it had a lot to do with how i was viewing Andrius's blatant Frisk flavour-tells, which ended up being false. and SlySly's penchant for hammering ended up being unrelated to his role as well, so following that line of logic and suspecting SlySly for it would have gotten us nowhere.

and yes, i
would
expect more from a scumread that you've held all game. your reasoning is, literally, 'Chara didn't flavour-break the game'.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7696 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:06 am

Post by MathBlade »

And better yet:

How is this not replacing my arrogance with his when Ank doesn't have reasons or make a case?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7697 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

The difference is I am opening myself up to being wrong.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Not Chara »

why does it feel like everyone posting just ignores the conversations that don't directly involve them?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 7693, Not Chara wrote:i figured that would be what you'd say. the logic sort of feels like: 'assuming Mathblade is scum, their questioning of my role is therefore suspicious'. what math was questioning you on isn't even grounds to lynch you, it's semantics. i'm not convinced why scum wouldn't just shoot you in this case. if they're scared of your role, they can't lynch you by that alone.

can you answer on Yoshi as well?

pedit: Wisdom did try to cement himself as town leader. Mathblade isn't Wisdom. they are so utterly different from each other in their approaches in these two games wonder how you've compared them.
The point is to try to neutralize me since I am a wild card player with a role that can bring the entire charade crashing down. Of course he's going to try to prevent me from getting a kill before scum get an opportunity to kill me safely. I outright challenged Mathblade to try to lynch me, so he's not going to try it.

Yoshi is probably town.

The Wisdom point is the latest in a series of examples. There are players that play using setup spec, and when they're scum, they try to force advantages for the scumteam by abusing setup spec. I lost to Titus in a game where I caught the rest of the scum on day one solely because she forced a situation where she was considered confirmed town, despite the fact that my gut was telling me she was scum before and through LyLo.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”