Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 203, Raskolnikov wrote:Accountant is starting to convince me on one point- it may actually be worth re-educating people with certain beliefs for their own good :^)
Why do I feel like that that "
people
" is directly solely at Accountant?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Annadog40 »

This is a religion. It's like asking a Cathoic to explain why saints are not witches.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 351, Annadog40 wrote:This is a religion. It's like asking a Cathoic to explain why saints are not witches.
There's no worship, and my moral system isn't superhuman or controlling.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 349, Accountant wrote:
In post 348, Sesq wrote:
In post 347, Accountant wrote:
In post 346, Sesq wrote:With morals, you keep saying there is """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""self-evident"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" truths, and every time you are asked to explain them you say "well I'm right, you're wrong," without any logical argument.
Well, you said that explaining myself was to present my thoughts to you, and I am presenting my thoughts to you. Can't you see how right I am?
No, because this circular bullshit doesn't cut it for anyone with an IQ over 60.
It cuts it for anyone with the eyes to see the self-evident moral truths that populate the world. They're
right there
. Open your metaphorical goddamn eyes and
look
. It's not hard.
If I'm not seeing them, they aren't self-evident. Explain your shit.
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 349, Accountant wrote:It cuts it for anyone with the eyes to see the self-evident moral truths that populate the world. They're
right there
. Open your metaphorical goddamn eyes and
look
. It's not hard.
They do not exist.

You are deluded.

You are also completely uneducated when it comes to basic principles of rationality, philosophy, or even semantics. You don't know what "self-evident" means. You don't know what the burden of proof is or how it applies to supposedly self-evident claims. You don't know what an axiom is or how the burden of proof relates to that, either. You don't understand what the terms "objective" and "subjective" mean, and you constantly equivocate between the two.

Even your own supplied definition of your "objective" moral system comes down to "assert that an objective moral right and wrong exist, then assert that they fall under these specific definitions". No justification is offered other than your feels. No proper definition of any of the terms involved is ever supplied. No support is ever offered, because the entire thing is so substanceless that it
cannot
be supported.

Your entire argument comes down to a schoolyard imagination fight where you declare "well I'm the best and my superpowers make me always win to infinity plus one HA".

This is honestly just sad, really.
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Showtime »

And that's all without even touching the fact that your entire "philosophy", in practicality, comes down to
. Like, legitimately. You don't even deny it. Literally the only defense you even attempt to offer is "well mine will be better", because you are absolutely deluded and do not understand the idea of practical limitations. You actively endorse purging questioners like me because it's the only answer you can come up with.

You are now a moderator of /r/pyongyang.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Sesq »

In specific with the orwellian stuff, what he's saying is "I'm going to make a utopia and it won't be bad like that one", being unaware that was the original goal for that utopia and got that way via corruption and abuse, which Acc's system is still susceptible to
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Showtime »

In post 356, Sesq wrote:In specific with the orwellian stuff, what he's saying is "I'm going to make a utopia and it won't be bad like that one", being unaware that was the original goal for that utopia and got that way via corruption and abuse, which Acc's system is still susceptible to
*actively incentivizes at every level
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 317, Accountant wrote:
In post 308, Randomnamechange wrote:each person should be able to pursue freedom in their own way. You cannot be moral without a choice.
Rubbish. If you cure cancer, you'd be rightly acclaimed as a hero, even if it was I who put a gun to your head and made you synthesize the cure at gunpoint.
hero =/= morall good person. If you refused to do until someone forced you to then you are a bad person.
In post 319, Accountant wrote:
freedom and human rights are more important than truth.
You cannot be serious.
I am. I would rather tell a lie than save a life.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 353, Sesq wrote:If I'm not seeing them, they aren't self-evident. Explain your shit.
Do I need to amend "self-evident" to "self-evident to any sane person"?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 359, Accountant wrote:
In post 353, Sesq wrote:If I'm not seeing them, they aren't self-evident. Explain your shit.
Do I need to amend "self-evident" to "self-evident to any sane person"?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 354, Showtime wrote:You are also completely uneducated when it comes to basic principles of rationality, philosophy, or even semantics. You don't know what "self-evident" means. You don't know what the burden of proof is or how it applies to supposedly self-evident claims. You don't know what an axiom is or how the burden of proof relates to that, either. You don't understand what the terms "objective" and "subjective" mean, and you constantly equivocate between the two.
But why does it matter? My moral system is above all these things. Suppose rationality was used to disprove it. Then it's clear rationality is wrong and should be scrapped and reworked until it conforms. The same with philosophy.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 355, Showtime wrote:do not understand the idea of practical limitations
Practical limitations... exist, but they exist to be overcome. In the end, no amount of cynicism can stop something as simple as me imposing my utopia onto the world.

You claim my system is ripe for abuse. This is missing the point. There are several reasons why people won't abuse my system:

1) They've been taught not to abuse the system(that indoctrinated doesn't sound so bad, now does it?)

2) They like being in paradise and have no reason to rock the boat.

3) They're good people and won't do something as evil as abuse the system.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 358, Randomnamechange wrote:hero =/= morall good person. If you refused to do until someone forced you to then you are a bad person.
No. Only results matter. This sort of thinking is dangerous, because you're saying intentions count, and then any half-baked fool who thinks they're saving the world gets credit no matter how badly they do.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 358, Randomnamechange wrote:I am. I would rather tell a lie than save a life.
What??? Why would you lie rather than save a life??? Are you a psychopath?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 354, Showtime wrote:Your entire argument comes down to a schoolyard imagination fight where you declare "well I'm the best and my superpowers make me always win to infinity plus one HA".
>tfw you're in a schoolyard fight and your opponent actually has superpowers and they replace the entire world with a perfect paradise with their infinity plus one powers

Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by Showtime »

In post 361, Accountant wrote:
In post 354, Showtime wrote:You are also completely uneducated when it comes to basic principles of rationality, philosophy, or even semantics. You don't know what "self-evident" means. You don't know what the burden of proof is or how it applies to supposedly self-evident claims. You don't know what an axiom is or how the burden of proof relates to that, either. You don't understand what the terms "objective" and "subjective" mean, and you constantly equivocate between the two.
But why does it matter? My moral system is above all these things. Suppose rationality was used to disprove it. Then it's clear rationality is wrong and should be scrapped and reworked until it conforms. The same with philosophy.
son don't make me fetch the billy madison clip again

i'll do it i swear to god
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Showtime »

"my moral system is self-evidently correct"

then it should be trivially easy for you to meet the burden of proof

"burden of proof doesn't apply to axiomatic claims"

it does if you want them to apply to the real world rather than just the hypothetical that takes them as axiomatic

"well my system has a higher authority than rationality"

i don't think that you know what those words mean

"your dangerous questioning attitude and silly cynical concerns with things like
reality
can't stop me from imposing my utopia on the world"

kid you are sitting in your mother's basement shitposting on a mafia forum

you couldn't impose gravy on biscuits
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 367, Showtime wrote:"my moral system is self-evidently correct"

then it should be trivially easy for you to meet the burden of proof

"burden of proof doesn't apply to axiomatic claims"

it does if you want them to apply to the real world rather than just the hypothetical that takes them as axiomatic

"well my system has a higher authority than rationality"

i don't think that you know what those words mean

"your dangerous questioning attitude and silly cynical concerns with things like
reality
can't stop me from imposing my utopia on the world"

kid you are sitting in your mother's basement shitposting on a mafia forum

you couldn't impose gravy on biscuits
Even if it doesn't meet the burden of proof, it'll apply to the real world anyway.

I do.

I am not sitting in my mother's basement, nor am I shitposting. You clearly don't know anything.

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Hey accountant your system is wrong. It's just self-evident why that is.
deranged and incoherent
?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 369, Raskolnikov wrote:Hey accountant your system is wrong. It's just self-evident why that is.
No it's not. I don't see how it is.

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

You don't have to, because it's self evident.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Do I need to amend "self-evident" to "self-evident to any sane person"? :roll:
deranged and incoherent
?
Showtime
Showtime
Townie
Showtime
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Showtime »

In post 368, Accountant wrote:Even if it doesn't meet the burden of proof, it'll apply to the real world anyway.
Nope.
In post 368, Accountant wrote:I do.
Mmmmnope.
In post 368, Accountant wrote:I am not sitting in my mother's basement, nor am I shitposting. You clearly don't know anything.
Aaaand a third nope.

Three strikes. I'd say "you're out", but you've been battin' zero for more than a dozen pages now and it hasn't stopped you so far.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 373, Showtime wrote:Three strikes. I'd say "you're out", but you've been battin' zero for more than a dozen pages now and it hasn't stopped you so far.
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?

Return to “General Discussion”