Newbie 1763 | Foreigners of a Person - Happy Ending?

Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Toto »

In post 97, shannon wrote:I'm a girl.
I'm sorry.
In post 95, mlmooney89 wrote:I am a girl
I'm sorry
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:54 am

Post by mlmooney89 »

It's cool.

Hey anyone is there a way to kudos, one up, like or whatever people's comments on this site?
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:54 am

Post by krylea »

In post 95, mlmooney89 wrote:Wow four pages, I wasn't expecting that. I was told by the person that got me on this site that these games last forever compared to our 24 hour phases on AF.org so when it was still on page one when I went home from work I figured I could wait till this morning to check in again. I apologize, I will be more aware from now on. Now a few things.

I am a girl, if you want you may call me Mandy but Mooney works too as long as we get the pronoun right... Toto :p

I voted for Toto based on the comment about his avatar and nothing else. I was taught to create wagons quickly though so we can analyze who is on the wagon. I've played 9 mafia games but they were bastard madness games where you can't trust anything and it is much faster paced so I'm really out of my element here and trying to relearn the style of basic mafia which is why I need this newbie game. I didn't intend to get the wagon to almost lynched I was trying to put heat on Toto so more reads could come of it. Let me go back through the thread with a fine tooth comb and give reads on everyone. Until then,

UNVOTE:
I like this better now than I did, but you are still on my shit list.
Toto wrote:
In post 93, krylea wrote:Nice OMGUS.
Do you find his read genuine then?
I don't have a good enough read on shannon yet. I don't like the way you are trying to deflect pressure off of your own wagon onto shannon, though, especially since it was right after she voted you.
In post 97, shannon wrote:
In post 96, Toto wrote:
I'm a girl.

Also, the Africa thing - I assume you're familiar with the song? And with the general concept of sometimes making lighthearted comments, call them 'jokes', in a thread? For no reason other than to make the game a bit friendlier and more amusing to play?

In post 98, mlmooney89 wrote:Alright my notes (which aren't much)

Toto I'm sorry but you are acting like you want to be pegged scum. At worst you are scum at best you are anti-town.
Srceenplay has been scum hunting
Elhabe21 scum hunting a little
Fruitsman spoke up with reads
shannon good reads, and I about died laughing with the Africa joke. You get kudos there lol
Arrowscum opinion on toto was discussed which I think is a bit of scum hunting but not enough

Also I got RVS and L-1 but I think I missed what SRC means.
src = Srceenplay. And I don't agree with your townreads on Elhabe or Fruitsman for "scumhunting" when they have barely posted. Speaking of which, you two, what are your thoughts on the current happenings?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Toto »

In post 97, shannon wrote:Also, the Africa thing - I assume you're familiar with the song? And with the general concept of sometimes making lighthearted comments, call them 'jokes', in a thread? For no reason other than to make the game a bit friendlier and more amusing to play?
I guess the joke is on me then. Still don't buy your read.
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:17 am

Post by mlmooney89 »

In post 29, Elhabe21 wrote:VOTE: Toto
Because it seems like you're being desperate by trying to act innocent
In post 34, Elhabe21 wrote:Plus it seemed like Toto was threatening Screenplay when Toto got voted
In post 36, fruitsman wrote: I agree in the sense that pressure can really give tells of the person, but at the same time it's natural to be defensive in the RVS in these newb games, such as me in my previous one. But with this happening, you randomly switch vote to Toto. (didn't UNVOTE: Screenplay it looks). However I see it as town to add a small amount of pressure to players when acting a bit scummy to get more info out of them.

Also, @Screenplay, you said I should "say more than that" when I vote, but you barely stated anything either when you first RVS vote. Then you follow Krylea by unvoting Toto, which seems pretty sheepish/opportunistic to me.

However, I do want to know more/see more on what others say.

These are why I said I was okay with these two. (sorting these quotes is a lot harder than I am used to so I apologize if I screw it up.
Elhabe21 is seeing the aggression that I saw in Toto so that makes me think she is paying attention to the thread and looking for scum.
fruitsman I originally voted randomly for and saw nothing of interest from it but then after this post of his I give off that he is weighing people's reactions and comparing them to how he thinks during his newb game which makes me think town. He turns around and questions srceenplay's actions which I see as hunting.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Creature »

Spoiler:
Image: Do we have to disguise?
Image: No, we already have two agents doing that. Our goal is to find the person behind this if you didn't listen before.

Votecount 1.2
Votecount 1.2

[1] Srceenplay - Arrowscum
[0] mlmooney89
[0] fruitsman
[0] krylea
[0] Elhabe21
[1] Arrowscum - krylea
[1] Toto - Elhabe21
[2] shannon - Titus, Toto
[1] Titus - fruitsman

[0] Nolynch

Not voting: shannon, Srceenplay, mlmooney89

9 players are alive, therefore 5 votes is the majority.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-12-22 13:00:00)
Sigh
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 36, fruitsman wrote:
Krylea Posted in #35
Toto seemed, as you pointed out, to react defensively to pressure. This can be a scumtell, but also indicates that pressure on that person can lead to responses which might give additional information. Thus, I would definitely like to see more pressure on Toto. That being said, I didn't like mooney's vote at all either, and so my vote is staying parked on them for now.
I agree in the sense that pressure can really give tells of the person, but at the same time it's natural to be defensive in the RVS in these newb games, such as me in my previous one. But with this happening, you randomly switch vote to Toto. (didn't UNVOTE: Screenplay it looks). However I see it as town to add a small amount of pressure to players when acting a bit scummy to get more info out of them.

Also, @Screenplay, you said I should "say more than that" when I vote, but you barely stated anything either when you first RVS vote. Then you follow Krylea by unvoting Toto, which seems pretty sheepish/opportunistic to me.

However, I do want to know more/see more on what others say.
You still around?
After seeing what others have said what are you thinking now?
Elhabe21
Elhabe21
Townie
Elhabe21
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Elhabe21 »

In post 102, krylea wrote:
In post 95, mlmooney89 wrote:Wow four pages, I wasn't expecting that. I was told by the person that got me on this site that these games last forever compared to our 24 hour phases on AF.org so when it was still on page one when I went home from work I figured I could wait till this morning to check in again. I apologize, I will be more aware from now on. Now a few things.

I am a girl, if you want you may call me Mandy but Mooney works too as long as we get the pronoun right... Toto :p

I voted for Toto based on the comment about his avatar and nothing else. I was taught to create wagons quickly though so we can analyze who is on the wagon. I've played 9 mafia games but they were bastard madness games where you can't trust anything and it is much faster paced so I'm really out of my element here and trying to relearn the style of basic mafia which is why I need this newbie game. I didn't intend to get the wagon to almost lynched I was trying to put heat on Toto so more reads could come of it. Let me go back through the thread with a fine tooth comb and give reads on everyone. Until then,

UNVOTE:
I like this better now than I did, but you are still on my shit list.
Toto wrote:
I don't have a good enough read on shannon yet. I don't like the way you are trying to deflect pressure off of your own wagon onto shannon, though, especially since it was right after she voted you.
In post 97, shannon wrote:
In post 96, Toto wrote:
I'm a girl.

Also, the Africa thing - I assume you're familiar with the song? And with the general concept of sometimes making lighthearted comments, call them 'jokes', in a thread? For no reason other than to make the game a bit friendlier and more amusing to play?

In post 98, mlmooney89 wrote:Alright my notes (which aren't much)

Toto I'm sorry but you are acting like you want to be pegged scum. At worst you are scum at best you are anti-town.
Srceenplay has been scum hunting
Elhabe21 scum hunting a little
Fruitsman spoke up with reads
shannon good reads, and I about died laughing with the Africa joke. You get kudos there lol
Arrowscum opinion on toto was discussed which I think is a bit of scum hunting but not enough

Also I got RVS and L-1 but I think I missed what SRC means.
src = Srceenplay. And I don't agree with your townreads on Elhabe or Fruitsman for "scumhunting" when they have barely posted. Speaking of which, you two, what are your thoughts on the current happenings?

My thoughts on the thread right now are: First I think that maybe Toto might not be scum since he's been taking so many risks with arguing and saying what's on his mind because scum wouldn't try to stand out and take so many risks with being noticed or judged. And because of this I'll
UNVOTE: Toto
However, I won't just ignore Toto and totally decide that he's innocent. I still want to keep an eye out for anything he reveals and I'll keep an open mind about others
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:54 am

Post by krylea »

In post 107, Elhabe21 wrote: [snipped for length]
My thoughts on the thread right now are: First I think that maybe Toto might not be scum since he's been taking so many risks with arguing and saying what's on his mind because scum wouldn't try to stand out and take so many risks with being noticed or judged. And because of this I'll
UNVOTE: Toto
However, I won't just ignore Toto and totally decide that he's innocent. I still want to keep an eye out for anything he reveals and I'll keep an open mind about others
Scum can be just as active as town and take just as many risks as town. I don't think that is at all alignment indicative. I am not 100% sold on the Toto case, but I don't think this is a good reason to jump ship.
And if you don't think Toto is scum, then who do you think is? Coming in and retracting your vote without making any new cases doesn't help town or get us closer to finding scum.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:56 am

Post by krylea »

That being said, I have already mentioned I don't love the Toto wagon. If you want to get off, I'd be happy to offer you a new one. It's 33% off, great condition - get yours today!
In post 94, krylea wrote:
In post 82, Arrowscum wrote:
In post 80, Toto wrote:Well. This kind of sucks. I'm a Vanilla Townie.

I was attracting attention to myself to see if I could catch some opportunistic scum. Pretty confident we got one in Shannon, though. That is a 100% BS town read she made there.
Great. Claiming VT is very easy. No fear of counter claims.

Honestly, Toto seems really scummy to me. He's metagaming and posting crap.

(I couldn't post before because of timezones. They suck.)
Actually, know what, I don't like this at all. Coming in after several pages, acting like its still RVS, sheeping the largest wagon without any additional attempt at scumhunting then going quiet? Uh huh.

I think I'm good with

VOTE: Arrowscum
Elhabe21
Elhabe21
Townie
Elhabe21
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Elhabe21 »

In post 109, krylea wrote:That being said, I have already mentioned I don't love the Toto wagon. If you want to get off, I'd be happy to offer you a new one. It's 33% off, great condition - get yours today!
In post 94, krylea wrote:
In post 82, Arrowscum wrote:
In post 80, Toto wrote:Well. This kind of sucks. I'm a Vanilla Townie.

I was attracting attention to myself to see if I could catch some opportunistic scum. Pretty confident we got one in Shannon, though. That is a 100% BS town read she made there.
Great. Claiming VT is very easy. No fear of counter claims.

Honestly, Toto seems really scummy to me. He's metagaming and posting crap.

(I couldn't post before because of timezones. They suck.)
Actually, know what, I don't like this at all. Coming in after several pages, acting like its still RVS, sheeping the largest wagon without any additional attempt at scumhunting then going quiet? Uh huh.

I think I'm good with

VOTE: Arrowscum
I actually might agree with you there
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Arrowscum, 2 posts.
Fruitsman, 2 posts.
I defently want to hear from the both of them. For me they are both still null.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Toto »

UNVOTE: Shannon

@Creature:
I'm going to be VL/A tomorrow and the weekend until Tuesday.

I don't want to leave when I'm the primary suspect because I feel that will detract further investigations. So if you have questions fire away now.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Elhabe21 I agree with you on your Toto read. I'm definitely not ready to call him town but I do feel that he put himself into the spotlight on purpose. I can't see why scum would do that. I did see that as an effective way to get people talking and questioning one another.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Toto can you give us your read list?
What would you like to have seen happen by the time you have came back?
fruitsman
fruitsman
Townie
fruitsman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:53 am

Post by fruitsman »

Right. Well from my last (what was my first) game, we practically lost because of band wagon-ing the shit out of everyone.
So I'm glad we are being more Pro-Active and careful. But being stagnant doesn't help us read everyone and I think I'm beginning to understand why we get so close to doing so.

I do see that Arrow is being opportunistic, but at the same time his claim is right. It is easy to call out being a VT and throwing up our hypothetical hands and saying "I'm not the bad guy, you are." With that being said he hasn't voted Toto, instead his vote is on Screenplay.
Which is confusing.

@Arrow Why aren't you voting Toto? If you think they are acting super scummy, vote for them!

@Krylea why the sudden change? Do you honestly believe Arrows is scum?

Elhabe hasn't really said much and I would like more formulation or at the very least more of a response.

Toto is acting very scummy - they have been jumping around a LOT and claiming as VT and I find that to be trying to come back from a point of no return. So is scum or Anti-town

@Toto, what do you think so far?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Toto »

I think my wagon should be very informative for town. Pretty sure at least one scum jumped in there.
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by mlmooney89 »

In post 116, Toto wrote:I think my wagon should be very informative for town. Pretty sure at least one scum jumped in there.
Your wagon would have had to go through and you would have to die and show up green before we can analyze your wagon sweetie.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 116, Toto wrote:I think my wagon should be very informative for town. Pretty sure at least one scum jumped in there.
So your read list so far is , at least one of they five people who have voted for me is scum?
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 115, fruitsman wrote:Right. Well from my last (what was my first) game, we practically lost because of band wagon-ing the shit out of everyone.
So I'm glad we are being more Pro-Active and careful. But being stagnant doesn't help us read everyone and I think I'm beginning to understand why we get so close to doing so.

I do see that Arrow is being opportunistic, but at the same time his claim is right. It is easy to call out being a VT and throwing up our hypothetical hands and saying "I'm not the bad guy, you are." With that being said he hasn't voted Toto, instead his vote is on Screenplay.
Which is confusing.

@Arrow Why aren't you voting Toto? If you think they are acting super scummy, vote for them!

@Krylea why the sudden change? Do you honestly believe Arrows is scum?

Elhabe hasn't really said much and I would like more formulation or at the very least more of a response.

Toto is acting very scummy - they have been jumping around a LOT and claiming as VT and I find that to be trying to come back from a point of no return. So is scum or Anti-town

@Toto, what do you think so far?
I think that arrow's post looked opportunistic and scummy as hell while containing very little info (and not even voting his scumread, as you pointed out). That's enough for a vote from me right now.

By the way, note that we now have fruit, arrow, mooney and shannon all saying that Toto is acting scummy to varying degrees,
but almost none of them are voting for him
. Either vote your scumread if you think he's scum, or go find some new scumreads and vote for them.

Like, for example, Arrow.
Srceenplay wrote:
So your read list so far is , at least one of they five people who have voted for me is scum?
In post 117, mlmooney89 wrote:
Your wagon would have had to go through and you would have to die and show up green before we can analyze your wagon sweetie.
^

You aren't conftown Toto. Far from it, in fact. Hard to do a wagon analysis on you when we don't actually know if you're scum. Do you really have nothing else to say?
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by mlmooney89 »

We don't have to vote for a scum read. It's not mandatory. I said he was anti town. I did vote for him and didn't want a lynch so early so I unvoted him. We have time and my vote doesn't have to stay on one person.
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by mlmooney89 »

Nor do I have to have a vote on someone at all times. You are being very pushy krylea.
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by mlmooney89 »

I'm leaving work here in a few minutes and won't be back until tomorrow morning so I will catch up here once I clock in and get situated. Night y'all.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Toto »

Im pretty sure Im town and therefore the wagon is quite informative to me. You can also take a leap of faith and assume Im town while holding your breath for a few seconds and try to draw some conclusions based on that. It is not very hard

I would like to hear Shannons opinion on arrow. Im very curious about that.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Titus »

Screenplay is town, most likely.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”