Mini Normal 1861: Musical Mafia (TOWN WIN)

MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

I have a bit of a reputation for clearing people prematurely...
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I'm about to enter into finals week, so my activity is going to be maybe one or two posts a day (hopefully... if it's more, that's kinda telling about how much I'm avoiding finals).
In post 508, Secret Agent Jin wrote:Well its blatantly obvious to me who scum is, ill give you a hint, its flubber. He doesnt take much interest in the game until he feels he can strike at an opportune time and argue his way into getting a player lynched. He also, like Massive, doesnt really explain much. He also is just pointing fingers at MDS and pushing the points she is making aside. Its sort of like when you argue with your parents and they say "That doesnt matter, listen to me, i am the parent" he is just deflecting what she says with minimal effort.

So my question for you are 2 fold:

How long did it take you to write this post. There's a large time range from flubber's start to end there. It's actually 50 minutes worth of time.
In this post, it's pretty clear you think Flubber, not massive, is scum. Yet you explicitly say Flubber is scum for doing the same things massive has done. This is by your own admission.

I know you're voting massive, so maybe this is assumed that they're scum together, but your vote took place in 371 (VC not really around so manually checked that). Your lack of vote change suggests you're still concerned with both, but you don't mention massive really at all other than as a point of comparison.
MiniDeathStar wrote:If massive is mafia, Flubber could be a partner. Otherwise, not sure. I don't think he looked like an easily mislynchable low-hanging fruit at that time.
Not sure I agree with this, simply on the basis that Flubber doesn't push it when there are points to be scored, and kinda shows up erratically at awkward times to push Massive's wagon. Assuming no time constrains (which, obviously isn't true), his BEST TIME to push this bus would've been right around when the discussion about CK/MDS alignment sameness reached a peak. Max investment in town read at the time.

I'm towards the opinion that Flubber obviously has some constrained windows (due to his post style of being so heavy and then completely absent) so maybe that theory won't hold as much weight. However, there was plenty of chances to push that wagon at a better time. It doesn't seem to be a good scum ploy to sit an RVS vote and intend to bus off that vote with minimal effort. Least amount of town points that can ever be gained for a bus, really. An inactive participant on a wagon with participation coming off RVS isn't going to buy much.

Under the circumstances, I think a massive scum flip would prove Flubber inno basically because this is terrible execution for a bus.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

@AJ I started writing the post and had to take my dog and clean her dishes then i came back and finished my thoughts, i then decided to post it and write a second post about flubber instead of pre-editing my previous post.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Aj makes a good point on Flubz actually. Maybe I'm just confirmation-biasing my read. In any case, I'm definitely not sold on him being town just yet. I need a lot more convincing for that, and it has to come from the man himself.

As for Jin, I think you should know he's a bit overly reliant on my logic. It's just what I noticed from our last game, and it seems to be the case this game, too.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Vote Count 1.08

1 - Io: Dierfire
0 - Dierfire:
1 - HellloooNewman: culted
2 - MiniDeathStar: Shadow_Step, massive
0 - Kairal:
0 - Flubbernugget:
0 - I Am Innocent:
0 - Secret Agent Jin:
1 - Shadow_Step: HellloooNewman
1 - -Grey-: I Am Innocent
0 - culted:
5 - massive: Flubbernugget, MiniDeathStar, -Grey-, Secret Agent Jin, Kairal
1 - Aj The Epic: Io
0 -No Lynch:
Not voting: Aj The Epic
culted FoSes Io, Dierfire, HellloooNewman, MiniDeathStar, Kairal, Flubbernugget, I am Innocent, Secret Agent Jin, Shadow_Step, -Grey-, massive, and Aj The Epic
MiniDeathStar FoSes Flubbernugget, Io, and massive
With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is (expired on 2016-12-19 23:30:00)

Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Kairal »

Sigh. Getting impatient now. Lets just lynch massive already. I felt like discussing the possibility that Jin is scum but again came to 'maybe but too many others in line to make much of it'. Until we start clearing the air with some lynches I think there's not much to discuss.

But I also want to hear from my scum list/inactives. I'm torn. Well I suppose I can look on the bright side and say there are positives to either approach.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

No way we're lynching massive until we hear from everyone. Just saying.
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Kairal »

Yeah I guess. It's so weird to me that we're 5 days into a game and IamI and Newman have less than 10 real posts between them. I get that other people actually have lives but I'll still never understand why people join a game they aren't actually interested in playing.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Is it just me, or did massive start following me around like a lost puppy after being called out on his crappy Kairal vote?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 130, Gamma Emerald wrote:1 - Kairal: massive
In post 198, Gamma Emerald wrote:3 - Aj The Epic: -Grey-, Io, massive
In post 336, -Grey- wrote:VOTE: MiniDeathStar
In post 353, massive wrote: And yeah, the lady doth protest too much.

VOTE: MiniDeathStar
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Kairal »

Yeah I see what you're getting at there with AJ. Pretty sure he was arguing with Mini before you were though - he did use your mod confirm argument to turn a disagreement into a vote I think.
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Kairal »

In post 458, massive wrote:And I'm getting close to being replaced for playing against my wincon too and just saying I'm going to blank-vote for as long as I am in the game just to drive Kairal nuts.
I mean personally this is the only post massive needed to make me sure he was scum. Basically he's either being deliberately unhelpful because he's scum or because he's a town who's just so frustrated with me. I don't buy it though. I've never played with him before so any anger he has comes purely from this thread and I really don't see anything I've done as being likely to provoke a game throw. Maybe from a new player but massive has apparently been playing for 13 years on this site. Maybe he just has a habit of gamethrowing over nothing but I suspect he'd be permabanned for it by now if that was the case. It's just a scum gambit.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 535, Kairal wrote:Yeah I see what you're getting at there with AJ. Pretty sure he was arguing with Mini before you were though - he did use your mod confirm argument to turn a disagreement into a vote I think.
He really got twisted when I flipped the script and voted him after he followed me onto Mini, though.

He clearly felt betrayed, like a... kicked puppy dog.
---
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Kairal »

To be fair it was a mean trick! :p
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 538, Kairal wrote:To be fair it was a mean trick! :p
A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do to get a read.
---
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Kairal »

Can't argue with the results that's for sure
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Kairal »

Ok I should stop refreshing and actually do something. My current feelings are that the following are no bueno for a lynch today: Mini,Culted,Dier and Grey like before.
I'm moving AJ, Flubber and Jin here as well.
AJ answered his weird semantic thing and I've moved on for now at least.
Flubber has been voting massive for the whole day and my increased suspicion of massive is making me more inclined to give him a pass.
Jin's posts on massive are also pretty good.
That's 8 players I'm feeling good about for the moment.

For the rest:
Newman, IamI and Shadow still haven't put in an appearance since yesterday.
Io is still weird in what she responds to and what she doesn't. No idea what's going on there and the continued refusal to explain why she's sheeping an argument I didn't make is downright bizarre.
massive moved from a scum lean to a definite scum read. I explained why earlier.

Anyway that's me done for today... unless I get bored again.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Poor Kairal. Your timezone really sucks, haha.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

Picking up my prod. Gonna catch up. Apologies.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

In post 380, Aj The Epic wrote:And 'hungry/happy' is actually 'hellooo' for HelloNewman....

His post 79 is fine, calling CK out for congratulating himself on a townslip is all well and good. The only issue is HelloNewman never actually interacts with anyone outside of CK and tunnels a bit that he's scum long after most of us have him as town. I don't mind contradictory viewpoints, but with an unpopular view comes a burden of proof, and I don't think Newman attempts that at all in his post. His reasoning CK is scum doesn't change at all (propped himself up on a townslip) even though he challenges CK multiple times through different wordings for the same thing. As I've said, I feel CK's play there was anti-town (aka looking at himself instead of others) but still NAI. Newman should've been tasked at building a case to actually make something happen rather than just stating he didn't like CK. At that point in time, nothing was happening with CK as a wagon so he either needed to drop it and refocus or force a real reason behind it.

So that's what I've got on Newman for the 4 posts so far.
Building a case? It's day 1. The post you're referring to was on page 6 (if I recall correctly). I gave you my thoughts/read on what I felt was the scummiest play so far. To me, CK was not playing a pro town game. From "hard claiming scum", to feeling the need to remind everyone that he "made a townslip", to his bizarre fight with MDS.

Speaking of which.....

In post 409, -Grey- wrote:
In post 374, MiniDeathStar wrote:I'm going to repeat this: nobody has confirmed that CK and I share alignment. Do not assume he's conftown when I die as town, or assume I'm conftown or confscum if he dies as town/scum. Like, pretty please.
No. You're mod-confirmed to share alignment. It's the only way a force replacement over playing against wincon makes ANY sense.

The second one of you dies, we'll know the date of the other. I just happen to believe you're both town.
Here's the thing. We KNOW that Cloud was replaced because he was playing against his wincon. We know this because the mod told us so. Now, I'm not saying that the mod "lied" when he later attempted to clarify. I believe that the mod accidentally said too much when announcing he was replacing Cloud, and was simply trying to cover for it and progress the game, hop get that would be the end of it.

So, Cloud was playing against his wincon. Which means that when he locked his vote onto MDS for the game, he was playing against his wincon. That is only accomplished in 1 way. If they are BOTH scum. If they are opposite alignments, then him voting her is not against wincon. If they were both town, then his voting her is not against wincon (because as town, Cloud would have no way of knowing that MDS was also town). However, if both are scum, that would punch the ticket.

I'm more than happy to lynch either MDS or Shadow today, preferably MDS. She is a strong voice that, as scum, could really dictate the narrative to the scum advantage.

Unvote Cloud/Shadow

Vote MDS
Irritating Jerry since 1991
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Lol.
---
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Well that was a bad morning.
In post 450, MiniDeathStar wrote:
CloudKicker self-admitted he wasn't making the best decision or playing optimally by sticking his vote on me. This admission was what got him replaced, not the actual vote.
I swear the next person to insinuate I'm scum with Shadow based on something *the mod* has said, goes straight to the scumpile. This meme has to die. If you think I'm scum, make an actual case so I can tell whether you're legit paranoid about me, or just committing my #1 scumtell.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:43 pm

@Newman: You reali that if MDS flips town then you would most likely be next, right?
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:44 pm

In post 547, Secret Agent Jin wrote:@Newman: You realize that if MDS flips town then you would most likely be next, right?
EBWOP
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

That's kind of why he used an argument someone else made?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”