Newbie 1762: Frequent Flyers - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:45 am

Post by grapes »

DAY 2 VOTECOUNT 02

Titus (2)
// GuiltyLion / Dunnstral
Loopdan (1)
// havingfitz
EchoVision (1)
// Titus

Not Voting (3)
// EchoVision / ArcAngel9 / Loopdan

With 7 votes in play, 4 are needed to lynch.
Time left until deadline: (expired on 2016-12-22 00:15:02)

GuiltyLion replaces knightmare!
Last edited by grapes on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey hey

I'm at work rn and expecting a busy day, so I will try to read up and post tonight

in the mean time I'd like to see the not voters make votes
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 224, Titus wrote:
In post 223, Loopdan wrote:@Titus-- Why don't you think it was bad for iron to say he didn't realize it took 5 to lynch in a Newbie game on Day 1? He clearly has newbie experience in the current Newbie setup, so his claim is verifiable false. Yes, I know iron is my slot, but I don't understand your defense there.
A person can make a false statement without lying. It was incomptence in a manner that gives scum zero benefit.
So why did you determine that it was incompetent town instead of incompetent scum?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 227, Loopdan wrote:
In post 224, Titus wrote:
In post 223, Loopdan wrote:@Titus-- Why don't you think it was bad for iron to say he didn't realize it took 5 to lynch in a Newbie game on Day 1? He clearly has newbie experience in the current Newbie setup, so his claim is verifiable false. Yes, I know iron is my slot, but I don't understand your defense there.
A person can make a false statement without lying. It was incomptence in a manner that gives scum zero benefit.
So why did you determine that it was incompetent town instead of incompetent scum?
Because scum know more and get pushed less for setup errors.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Titus-- Have you played with iron before?

@Dunn-- I'd like to hear more on why are SRing Titus.

VOTE: Echo
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Titus »

Nope.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:06 am

Post by havingfitz »

UNVOTE:
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:50 am

Post by ironstove »

Did I get replaced? I site flaked for the past few days.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Titus »

You did, but play along in dead chat. If you have an RL event, VLA next time. That will prevent this.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

okay, I've read up. I think Ecks Dee/ArcAngel slot, Echo Vision, and havingfitz are town. ironstove/Loopdan is still null but I like Loopdan's entrance so far. I'd like to lynch in Titus/Dunnstral today, probably prefer Titus

reasons for scum!Titus are forthcoming momentarily
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 109, Titus wrote:
In post 91, knightmare wrote:"I'm gonna do this for lulz"

I fully expect more from a person that's supposed to be an "IC"

TBH the more I play on this site the more I realize it's a joke. The majority of you would get rekt if you played on my home forum.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Titus for sucking balls
You are new. I did this as an IC because you fail to value the absurd as either alignment. The Gamestate felt wrong, so I trolled a bit. This reeks of sour grapes and my home site is better so it must be right. My trolling is not that severe, and I don't do it often. Occasionally though, the game needs a moment of absurdity.
This post is scummy - "The Gamestate felt wrong" doesn't mean anything, especially given that Titus never explains how or why it felt wrong. There's no deeper level thought or game-solving behind this, Titus is posting for the sake of posting and for the sake of rationalizing her play.

also, you can tell she felt awkward about her explanation given that she further clarified in two subsequent posts immediately after. is also scummy:
In post 111, Titus wrote:My job as the IC is to show you how to scumhunt, not be an expert everyone follows to the absence of their own opinion. While I have played a laxidaisical approach, you and Grey are busy fighting each other over methods, which benefits no one. That's why we get wagons on l minus 1 "because drunk". Now, I don't know why y'all feel compelled to peacock, but it needs to stop as it blocks reading you. You both are acting superior and knightmare is reflexively scumreading that. (he could be right, but it is unlikely).
she's implicitly assuming Grey (now conftown) and my slot's alignment. This post is a grab for towncred whiteknighting a TvT. It does nothing to advance the game, it's Titus standing on the sideline of two town slots arguing. There's no conviction in her townreads here either, she's going through the motion of what she thinks a town!Titus would do.

same thing here:
In post 119, Titus wrote:
In post 118, -Grey- wrote:
In post 117, knightmare wrote:UNVOTE:
I told you so.
Was I not clear on the tude? It's not helping sort you. Drop the guard.
this "not helping sort you" is not believable in the slightest, given Titus barely interacts with Grey. This post
oozes
fake to me, and I'd love to hear if anyone disagrees with that.

Next, on D2 she repeatedly drops the classic "not a fan", "don't like" scumlines regarding knightmare's posting, but it doesn't read to me like a real scumread given that she never votes him nor pressures him directly.

Finally, this post also pings as scummy:
In post 194, Titus wrote:How am I being careful?

@HF, I am more inclinded to buy your argument if ironstove actually posts elsewhere. Right now, Dunn/Echo seems to be where it's at. The comparison to other games using vague statements such as "careful". A)It's violating ongoing games discussion because it's comparing to other ongoing games b)It's an assertion I cannot respond to without rulebreaking c) He dodges giving comment on me beyond shading or Echo's awkward posting.
Dunnstral accused Titus of being careful and said she doesn't play like this in other games. Dunnstral's comment is ambiguous, it does not have to refer to ongoing games. I believe that Titus may
think
he was referring to ongoing games, but I don't believe that a town!Titus would immediately jump to a "I can't respond to Dunnstral without rule breaking" defense so casually like this. The tone and line of thought read like the mentality of a scum who wants to dispute logically why reads on them are wrong, rather than town who genuinely feels wrongfully accused. If town!Titus really believed a) and b), she'd be a lot more passionate in arguing her case. Instead, this feels robotic.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 136, Dunnstral wrote:It wasn't his first post. I quoted him while voting you.
You've basically admitted to not having read what I was typing
Dunnstral I want to know why you felt compelled to write this line here in response to EchoVision.

reads to me like scum snark over something completely NAI. I think EchoVision is town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, one final point for scum!Titus: I don't think the Grey kill would have come from a scumteam of two newbie players. Grey would look like an easy easy mislynch for that quickhammer, but I think an experienced player might peg him as a PR for doing it. Therefore I think killing Grey suggests we are against a more experienced mafia player.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by EchoVision »

@Loopdan did you give a reason to your vote on me? If you did, I'm just overlooking it in which case, I'm sorry. Also, sorry for sounding like an idiot if this is an obvious question, but what does it mean when you put scum!Titus or town!Titus?

Now, a new person has joined to fill the role of an inactive player, and he seems to find me as town so far. Titus, you have been here the whole game and seem to find me as guilty, with a reason that I'm not even sure makes much sense anymore? To be honest, I'm not even sure what your original reason was... Was it just cause I was targeting you? As an IC, I feel like you'd be a little better at scum hunting than you are currently. I am really getting bad vibes from you at this point, especially with reassurance from GuiltyLion that you are scum. I finally feel confident enough to put in my vote.

VOTE: Titus
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by EchoVision »

Also, I never mentioned anything about post #211 #222. When two new people joined, you attempted to convince them that the team was me and dunn, which again I don't understand how we would be the team considering our clash on day 1 but whatever, I'm past that now. I read your posts as "Hey new people, you probably haven't even read the thread yet but vote for echo cause he finds me suspicious." Obviously that's not what you said, but that's how I took it in. As a town, even if you do strongly believe that somebody is a member of the mafia, you should never go straight out and tell them to vote for somebody. That's something people in town of salem do, and this isn't town of salem.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 238, EchoVision wrote:Also, sorry for sounding like an idiot if this is an obvious question, but what does it mean when you put scum!Titus or town!Titus?
"scum!" and "town!" as prefixes are an easier way of referring to players by their hypothetical alignment to make your point more clear. When I say "town!Titus" I basically just mean "Titus as town", and similarly scum!Titus is "Titus as scum". It makes it easier to refer to players without having to say "if he/she were town" or "assuming he/she is scum" all the time.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 235, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 109, Titus wrote:
In post 91, knightmare wrote:"I'm gonna do this for lulz"

I fully expect more from a person that's supposed to be an "IC"

TBH the more I play on this site the more I realize it's a joke. The majority of you would get rekt if you played on my home forum.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Titus for sucking balls
You are new. I did this as an IC because you fail to value the absurd as either alignment. The Gamestate felt wrong, so I trolled a bit. This reeks of sour grapes and my home site is better so it must be right. My trolling is not that severe, and I don't do it often. Occasionally though, the game needs a moment of absurdity.
This post is scummy - "The Gamestate felt wrong" doesn't mean anything, especially given that Titus never explains how or why it felt wrong. There's no deeper level thought or game-solving behind this, Titus is posting for the sake of posting and for the sake of rationalizing her play.

also, you can tell she felt awkward about her explanation given that she further clarified in two subsequent posts immediately after. is also scummy:
In post 111, Titus wrote:My job as the IC is to show you how to scumhunt, not be an expert everyone follows to the absence of their own opinion. While I have played a laxidaisical approach, you and Grey are busy fighting each other over methods, which benefits no one. That's why we get wagons on l minus 1 "because drunk". Now, I don't know why y'all feel compelled to peacock, but it needs to stop as it blocks reading you. You both are acting superior and knightmare is reflexively scumreading that. (he could be right, but it is unlikely).
she's implicitly assuming Grey (now conftown) and my slot's alignment. This post is a grab for towncred whiteknighting a TvT. It does nothing to advance the game, it's Titus standing on the sideline of two town slots arguing. There's no conviction in her townreads here either, she's going through the motion of what she thinks a town!Titus would do.

same thing here:
In post 119, Titus wrote:
In post 118, -Grey- wrote:
In post 117, knightmare wrote:UNVOTE:
I told you so.
Was I not clear on the tude? It's not helping sort you. Drop the guard.
this "not helping sort you" is not believable in the slightest, given Titus barely interacts with Grey. This post
oozes
fake to me, and I'd love to hear if anyone disagrees with that.

Next, on D2 she repeatedly drops the classic "not a fan", "don't like" scumlines regarding knightmare's posting, but it doesn't read to me like a real scumread given that she never votes him nor pressures him directly.

Finally, this post also pings as scummy:
In post 194, Titus wrote:How am I being careful?

@HF, I am more inclinded to buy your argument if ironstove actually posts elsewhere. Right now, Dunn/Echo seems to be where it's at. The comparison to other games using vague statements such as "careful". A)It's violating ongoing games discussion because it's comparing to other ongoing games b)It's an assertion I cannot respond to without rulebreaking c) He dodges giving comment on me beyond shading or Echo's awkward posting.
Dunnstral accused Titus of being careful and said she doesn't play like this in other games. Dunnstral's comment is ambiguous, it does not have to refer to ongoing games. I believe that Titus may
think
he was referring to ongoing games, but I don't believe that a town!Titus would immediately jump to a "I can't respond to Dunnstral without rule breaking" defense so casually like this. The tone and line of thought read like the mentality of a scum who wants to dispute logically why reads on them are wrong, rather than town who genuinely feels wrongfully accused. If town!Titus really believed a) and b), she'd be a lot more passionate in arguing her case. Instead, this feels robotic.
By now, you should know I like 1 thought per post. This whole Titus felt it was awkward thing is just wrong.

I was townreading Knightmare and telling him his posting is garbage and even made me doubt him for a moment. Knightmare acted like his home site was the only way to play, and everyone is perfectly optimal. As an IC, I had to tell him that was wrong and anti-town.

Knightmare and Grey needed to sort and respect each other. I townread them and told them as much, but they were not helping anyone else read them.

Neither of them were up for lynch, so their was no need for passion at all.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 238, EchoVision wrote:@Loopdan did you give a reason to your vote on me? If you did, I'm just overlooking it in which case, I'm sorry. Also, sorry for sounding like an idiot if this is an obvious question, but what does it mean when you put scum!Titus or town!Titus?

Now, a new person has joined to fill the role of an inactive player, and he seems to find me as town so far. Titus, you have been here the whole game and seem to find me as guilty, with a reason that I'm not even sure makes much sense anymore? To be honest, I'm not even sure what your original reason was... Was it just cause I was targeting you? As an IC, I feel like you'd be a little better at scum hunting than you are currently. I am really getting bad vibes from you at this point, especially with reassurance from GuiltyLion that you are scum. I finally feel confident enough to put in my vote.

VOTE: Titus
Paraphrase: I got someone else more experienced to jump, so I will just blame him and my vote is far enough way from Dunn's to not arouse suspicion.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Titus why is Echo scum?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 243, GuiltyLion wrote:Titus why is Echo scum?
The lack of investigation and approval seeking is pretty textbook scum play. Is there any post you feel that's unclear? His voting me post is textbook of that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 236, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 136, Dunnstral wrote:It wasn't his first post. I quoted him while voting you.
You've basically admitted to not having read what I was typing
Dunnstral I want to know why you felt compelled to write this line here in response to EchoVision.

reads to me like scum snark over something completely NAI. I think EchoVision is town
I was accusing him of not reading the thread. (scummy)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 222, Titus wrote:Hey, the team is Echo and Dunn most likely. I will just wait over here, watching you.
Not sure where you get the confidence to push this pairing. Mind sharing?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 229, Loopdan wrote:@Titus-- Have you played with iron before?

@Dunn-- I'd like to hear more on why are SRing Titus.

VOTE: Echo
Then read my iso, or at least tell me what youre understanding so far

Why did you vote echo?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 234, GuiltyLion wrote:okay, I've read up. I think Ecks Dee/ArcAngel slot, Echo Vision, and havingfitz are town. ironstove/Loopdan is still null but I like Loopdan's entrance so far. I'd like to lynch in Titus/Dunnstral today, probably prefer Titus

reasons for scum!Titus are forthcoming momentarily
Reasoning for putting me in there?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 235, GuiltyLion wrote:Dunnstral accused Titus of being careful and said she doesn't play like this in other games. Dunnstral's comment is ambiguous, it does not have to refer to ongoing games. I believe that Titus may think he was referring to ongoing games, but I don't believe that a town!Titus would immediately jump to a "I can't respond to Dunnstral without rule breaking" defense so casually like this. The tone and line of thought read like the mentality of a scum who wants to dispute logically why reads on them are wrong, rather than town who genuinely feels wrongfully accused. If town!Titus really believed a) and b), she'd be a lot more passionate in arguing her case. Instead, this feels robotic.
Wait, was this really Titus talking to me? I wasn't referencing ongoing games

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”