Newbie 1763 | Foreigners of a Person - Happy Ending?

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 am

Post by mlmooney89 »

Okay this whole claiming right before you get lynched is a joke. We might as well just go in a circle and claim. That's what this game is boiling down to. Wagon on Toto? Claim, Wagon on Shannon? Claim... and so on and so forth. In the end we have outed our power roles and have a bunch of VT claims. So now we lynch one of the VT's (cause you know now that we got the PR's out of the way we have less to pick from) But hey now scum can pick from our PR's to kill and we can protect those that we can. Then we line those VT's back up and lynch one again so that scum takes another power role. This can't seriously be how all the games are outside of newbie games... is it? This whole lining up our wagons, waiting for a claim, then rewagoning crap is getting exhausting.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Creature »

Spoiler:
Image: There's supposed to have ten of them, plus their leader.
Image: What does that means?
Image: They must've already sacrificed one of them.
Image: Is it bad?
Image: Yes, they can't sacrifice all of them. Otherwise...

Votecount 1.6
Votecount 1.6

[0] Srceenplay
[0] mlmooney89
[0] fruitsman
[1] krylea - Arrowscum
[1] Elhabe21 - shannon
[1] Arrowscum - Elhabe21
[0] Toto
[3] shannon - Srceenplay, krylea, mlmooney89
[2] Titus - fruitsman, Toto

[0] Nolynch

Not voting: Titus

9 players are alive, therefore 5 votes is the majority.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-12-22 13:00:00)
Sigh
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 275, mlmooney89 wrote:Okay this whole claiming right before you get lynched is a joke. We might as well just go in a circle and claim. That's what this game is boiling down to. Wagon on Toto? Claim, Wagon on Shannon? Claim... and so on and so forth. In the end we have outed our power roles and have a bunch of VT claims. So now we lynch one of the VT's (cause you know now that we got the PR's out of the way we have less to pick from) But hey now scum can pick from our PR's to kill and we can protect those that we can. Then we line those VT's back up and lynch one again so that scum takes another power role. This can't seriously be how all the games are outside of newbie games... is it? This whole lining up our wagons, waiting for a claim, then rewagoning crap is getting exhausting.
VOTE: Mlmooney

Running out of mislynches? Yes, we wagon, assess the claim and move forward. If the group believes the slot is town, we lynch someone else.

If any single slot wagons everyone and their brother but buys every claim, that's hard data of scum influence.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by mlmooney89 »

Then what is the point of this game? Let's all just role claim and save time. There is literally no mystery left in this game. This has ceased to be fun.
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by mlmooney89 »

I Pm'd Creature to ask how replacements work. I'm not interested in a game that we just line people up for them to role claim. I've looked into three other newbie games and have seen very little of asking people to claim and even one IC saying NOT to claim. And please don't think my alignment has anything to do with why I don't like how this game is played. I'm sitting here wanting a real sport of figuring out the mystery of who is scum and if we are just all going to sit here and tell each other the one thing that turns the tide of the game then that isn't sport at all.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Toto »

We are not mass claiming. And from now on we only claim on we we reach l-1 and someone ELSE declares
intent to hammer

Only post
intent to hammer
if you are really scum reading the L-1 target, and really willing to kill that person. If the claim is a VT we kill them.

If they target is scum they will need to gamble with a PR claim to stay alive. This is how it works.

I propose we start with Titus.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Is everyone else ok with this? Claiming roles before even an intent to hammer? I'm sure at least two people are.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Toto »

We claim after L-1 AND intent to hammer from now on. If target is VT we lynch them.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

You posted as I was typing.

So I can say I'm not comfortable with the way it has been going. It would seems that Mooney and Toto agree. Anyone else?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Posted before me again
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

I am still suspicious of Shannon.

UNVOTE: Shannon
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

VOTE: Titus
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Toto »

Only vote titus if you are really scum reading them, though.

Also I want everyone's top two scum reads.

Mine are Titus and Shannon.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 282, Toto wrote:We claim after L-1 AND intent to hammer from now on. If target is VT we lynch them.
Wow, mass rebellion against an IC and accusing me of cheating for telling you how to play. I have to tell the truth.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Toto »

Also if you are town please don't fake claim to stay alive it will only hurt your win condition. That would be game throwing and I will blacklist you if you do.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by shannon »

Well, looks like I'm alive.

And no, Mooney, we don't line 'everyone' up, we look at the people who are scummy and line *them* up. You are really over-simplifying things.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by shannon »

What are you talking about??!

If I were say, bulletproof, I'd absolutely claim another role if my head were on the block. Scum could try to NK me, wasting a shot.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Toto »

If you claim another role you force the other PR to counter claim and reveal himself. If you are bp there could be a jailkeeper. If you claim doctor the jK will say you are lying because the set up is impossible and now you cost us a jk
mlmooney89
mlmooney89
Goon
mlmooney89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by mlmooney89 »

For the record to everyone I'm not against anyone here nor do I think Titus is cheating. I just think we have two very different playstyles. I would follow hers if I were y'all. She went into this knowing she was training newbies and possibly that is the best way for people to learn mafia here. I just can't play like this. I feel like we aren't actually playing the game. To me the point is to figure out who is scum not ask each person straight up, "Are you scum?" and then lynch anyone that doesn't have a PR. I have told creature that I simply am not having fun here and would like to be replaced out. I do hope to get into a more involved game outside the newbie thread so I hope to see y'all there. I apologize for the drama.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by krylea »

Wait, hold the damn phone. The majority of players in the game were scumreading shannon, then she claims VT and accidentally maybe-self-hammers...and now we are just ignoring her because Titus and Titus alone decided she was townreading her? Is literally anyone else townreading shannon?
The wagon on Toto fizzled out, the wagon on shannon was slow to start and fell apart, then was revived...and now its fizzling out again? Does noone else find that suspicious as hell?

And vis a vis theory, the way we should play this is focus on scum, get them to L-1, give them a chance to claim so we make sure we aren't tunnelling a PR and then
lynch them if they aren't a PR
. Not mass unvote because we all get cold feet and start second guessing all our wagons. All that does is exactly what srceenplay and mooney said - gives more information to scum.

I don't like what Titus has been suggesting, but I am not sure I agree with the Titus scumreads over it - this seems like a theory question, and
ICs cannot lie about theory
. It's in the rules.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

I think Titus is trolling us. She started the game with simple one liners without a lot of substance. The questions I ask, I feel get answered in a round about way or not at all.

I am still suspicious of Shannon. But I don't know if I see it possible that both of them are scum. I didn't how she gave her town reads late, quoted lost of post to make cases and then say she is done not doing anymore because she doesn't want her prejudice to influence town.

Arrow should have been prod already. So I think he is more of a just not interested in the game person.

Krylea was my top town read. People started questioning her tactics and calling them scuming and now her post have fallen off.

Mooney used to be a scum read but her frustration with town and there scum hunting seems genuine to me.

Fruit and elhabe lack of inactivity and coming in right before the prod time to post is suspicious. It's like they are purposely sitting back and waiting. For what I don't know.

Toto had odd post at the beginning, that I believe were to get people talking and get the game going. It worked. Honestly town started toslow down when he went on v/la
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Toto »

For the record Im not sr titus for the playstyle thing but for the shannon townread. I already explained this.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 295, Srceenplay wrote:I think Titus is trolling us. She started the game with simple one liners without a lot of substance. The questions I ask, I feel get answered in a round about way or not at all.

I am still suspicious of Shannon. But I don't know if I see it possible that both of them are scum. I didn't how she gave her town reads late, quoted lost of post to make cases and then say she is done not doing anymore because she doesn't want her prejudice to influence town.

Arrow should have been prod already. So I think he is more of a just not interested in the game person.

Krylea was my top town read. People started questioning her tactics and calling them scuming and now her post have fallen off.

Mooney used to be a scum read but her frustration with town and there scum hunting seems genuine to me.

Fruit and elhabe lack of inactivity and coming in right before the prod time to post is suspicious. It's like they are purposely sitting back and waiting. For what I don't know.

Toto had odd post at the beginning, that I believe were to get people talking and get the game going. It worked. Honestly town started toslow down when he went on v/la
My bad. I've been a bit busier for the past few days. I'll try to get more involved now that I have a bit more time and now that more is happening.

Vis a vis reads:
I'm starting to see your point on the arrow thing. He may really just be super uninterested rather than deliberately lurking. I agree that Toto is likely town at this point. I was scumreading mooney hard and still am to some extent, but she has been looking much more town recently. Most of my scumread on her was from the shannon interactions that you pointed out earlier. I do think that if shannon flips scum we need to look at her harder though.
Titus I am really not sure what to make of.

In post 296, Toto wrote:For the record Im not sr titus for the playstyle thing but for the shannon townread. I already explained this.
Oh, I see. I misunderstood. That makes more sense, and I agree with you there. I'm still relatively null on Titus, but I agree that I don't like her townread on shannon, especially with the way it proceeded to derail the wagon.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Creature »

Arrowscum has been prodded.
Sigh
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 294, krylea wrote:Wait, hold the damn phone. The majority of players in the game were scumreading shannon, then she claims VT and accidentally maybe-self-hammers...and now we are just ignoring her because Titus and Titus alone decided she was townreading her? Is literally anyone else townreading shannon?
The wagon on Toto fizzled out, the wagon on shannon was slow to start and fell apart, then was revived...and now its fizzling out again? Does noone else find that suspicious as hell?

And vis a vis theory, the way we should play this is focus on scum, get them to L-1, give them a chance to claim so we make sure we aren't tunnelling a PR and then
lynch them if they aren't a PR
. Not mass unvote because we all get cold feet and start second guessing all our wagons. All that does is exactly what srceenplay and mooney said - gives more information to scum.

I don't like what Titus has been suggesting, but I am not sure I agree with the Titus scumreads over it - this seems like a theory question, and
ICs cannot lie about theory
. It's in the rules.
Was it posted here that IC cannot lie about theory? Can you show me. I thought it was just cannot lie about how the game works/mechanics.

What is vis a vis

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”