Mini 1849 : DotA Mafia [R2 - SD] Game Over?!!

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:47 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1498, MathBlade wrote:
In post 440, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:I have my "I told you post" ready for when LLD flips town
and I also have my yell ready if she somehow flips scum no one is defending her there is a dead counter wagon and all this screams one thing say it with me now

M I S L Y N C H
It's mostly here and how she actively and openly campaigns for LLD towards the end of my replace in. I think some of her posts show that she might be new but I see a thought and read progression in her posts. I think in some of her posts she is derp town and that's why she was never a wagon that gained any steam.
campaigns for LLD's vote at the start of*

Typing merge thought error found.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:49 am

Post by xSoniaNevermindx »

If I was derp town wouldn't that make me an easy wagon not a hard one?
The longer you stare at something the more out of focus it becomes

MariaR is me
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1501, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:If I was derp town wouldn't that make me an easy wagon not a hard one?
There's two kinds of derp town.
There's derp town that always looks scummy so that can be wagoned.
Then there's derp town that's writing bad posts that scum want to keep around because it makes the game easier to win. Posts like "I just go with the flow" and "I'm going to vote X tomorrow" are generally derp town unless there's some substance behind them because if the person is town then scum won't kill/lynch the person who is going to actively campaign for a mislynch.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1426, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:Btw I'm voting LLD tomorrow just incase you're wondering. My topic on LLD going into a possible lylo is not something I want.
Like this one here for example. This lets scum actively push LLD without any of the risk and knowing they likely have one more person on their side. I highly doubt a scum player would telegraph "HEY we want to mislynch LLD tomorrow". There'd be no reason to based on the setup.

Ergo derp town more likely.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:58 am

Getting tr on being stupid isn't something I enjoy but I'll take it.

MariaR is me
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1504, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:Getting tr on being stupid isn't something I enjoy but I'll take it.
I keep looking at your signature and then at how you're approached me this game, and I think it's just too fitting.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1505, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1504, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:Getting tr on being stupid isn't something I enjoy but I'll take it.
I keep looking at your signature and then at how you're approached me this game, and I think it's just too fitting.
Reads?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:02 am

You could be right.

MariaR is me
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1506, MathBlade wrote:
Reads?
Can I have a bit?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1508, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1506, MathBlade wrote:
Reads?
Can I have a bit?
lol what am I going to say? no...you must immediately post reads or I will hijack them from your brain? After I asked Sonia to think about it....You get no time. None at all.

(The above line is sarcastic and the answer is yes)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Leonshade »

@MathBlade:
First off, I agree with what you said about town learning and adapting from mislynches, but I think the lesson we've learned is different. On both D1 and D2, there were strong pushes for LLD, but they failed and town was mislynched instead. LLD has been my top scumread for a long time, and two of her counterwagons going through has only strengthened my read on her. I would feel horrible if LLD is scum and wins despite me calling her scum since D1, and my reads won't be able to move on while she's alive.

Sonia, at that point in time, had a point about no one defending LLD on D1. At this point, the Vedith slot was played by lurker Frizzy. When TwiszTed replaced in, he had LLD as a top scumread, put her at L-1, but proceeded to quickhammer a town wagon the first chance he got. This reads, to me, like an aborted bus that switched into an opportunistic counterwagon hammer. I didn't scumread Vedith's play D2, and I got distracted by the night action analysis clusterfuck that lead nowhere, but now that BRantz flipped town I think Vedith is the likeliest buddy for LLD.

I started by asking for explanations on your townread on Sonia because I've had her as the alternative top scumread for LLD since D1. Her chainsaw defense of LLD made me fear that she knows LLD will flip town, her wanting the towncred for being against the lynch and setting up the next day's mislynch by scumreading people on the wagon. I would've gone after her if I didn't have an independent, stronger SR on LLD. My plan since D1 was "lynch LLD, go after Sonia if LLD flips town". This remained my plan, since the LLD wagon has been derailed twice now.

Your interactions with Sonia do give me pause about the Sonia read. It's been stagnant since D1, and I do see what you're saying about the derp town thing (personal insult not meant Sonia, it's a playstyle thing). I'll have to update my read on her.

There's a lot more I could say, but I think your reads have given a fresh new perspective that we needed, and I'm not in such a hurry to lynch LLD anymore. Updating my reads should take priority, and I see your point about there being less chance to do so during LYLO.

UNVOTE:
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Leonshade »

I've had my Creature and RR TRs since D1 too, a lot of my reads didn't develop during D2.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:32 am

Leon you do know the way you have sounded after me is YOUR the one chainsaw lynching not me.
It sounds like YOU are the one setting up lynches like you know LLD will flip town and will come right after me for it

MariaR is me
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Vedith »

@Mod - V/LA until Sunday(ish?)
I claim scum \o/
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Leonshade »

Chainsaw defense = attacking the players voting a player instead of simply defending a player. I don't think "chainsaw lynch" is a thing.

And, uhh, I just backed off that theory so I'm not sure why you're calling me out for it now?
- Vecna
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:37 am

Setting up lynches is a better word then.

MariaR is me
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:38 am

you didn't totally back off that theory don't give me that

No town player would 100% back off something they've been strongly thinking for the past few weeks unless it was disproved with a cop or something along those lines not with 1 simple msg it's prob in the back of your mind or not gone at all

MariaR is me
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Leonshade »

Simply setting up lynches is not a scumtell, town do it all the time. The chainsaw defense, and you being the sole voice against the lynch, was what got me to SR you.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Leonshade »

And yeah, I haven't 100% backed off anything, simply committed myself to updating my stagnant reads. I was so focused on night action analysis/coasting on my LLD SR D2 that my reads barely changed.
- Vecna
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:42 am

Are you kidding me?
You think me being worried that a wagon was going through with zero interruption counter wagon or defense is a scum tell? How do you even get to that logic of course I was attacking the players on the wagon I had nothing to townread LLD on besides the speed of the wagon itself and the way people were acting.

MariaR is me
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:44 am

You don't seem stupid you really don't
I can't see how you believe that but then again others do aswell if I'm not mistaken
oooo boy what a day.

MariaR is me
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:45 am

Like I've heard of easy lynches before but the LLD wagon was just stupid at the time being.

MariaR is me
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Leonshade »

You had no reason to townread LLD, so it seemed inexplicable that you were so sure players on the wagon were scum.
- Vecna
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:46 am

Like if people wanted to call me and LLD partners at that time yeah okay I can somewhat understand that

Calling LLD Town and me scum on the other hand I just don't understand because it'd be 1000% times easier to just hammer and move onto the night phase and THEN ml vax or w/e his name is the next day

MariaR is me
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:47 am

In post 1522, Leonshade wrote:You had no reason to townread LLD, so it seemed inexplicable that you were so sure players on the wagon were scum.
Don't dodge the question.

MariaR is me

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”