Newbie 1765 | URW | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 113, Lovesick wrote:What's the cause of this bandwagon on me again? Inactivity? That's a bit unfair if you ask me considering i was asleep during all of the activity. (I wont be quoting posts because my only available source of playing this is my phone so I don't know how to format my posts with quotations on this particular forum)

Nachos, to answer your post where you had replied to me, it was simply a post of acknowledgement that we had started as I was out of town and I didn't have the time in my day to make a more decent reply than give (Whoever had asked about ICs) a brief explanation and an opinion/thought - not very contributive but it's the least i could do.

Now i wont continue with the excuses as the bottom line is that it was very inconvenient of the time the game started and when the activity had spiked up. So Nachos, how is it a good idea to start hunting for lurkers when 24 hours hasn't past, not giving the players enough time to post as they may have things going on in their lives or are simply asleep? Also for the others which had jumped the wagon on myself, explain to me what type of evidence are you trying to gather from this?

Personally in my opinion, the only right moment for lurker hunting is if they had contributed nothing at all and half of our given time has gone. I mean otherwise, hunting for lurkers is a very easy way of lynching players and if done right, can be an advantage to the scum more so than the town as the ratio of mafia to town is 2:7.

YO LOVESICK tell us your scum/town reads from reading all the posts you were 'lurking' (probably sleeping) through.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:26 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.03

I
s
p
e
n
t
t
h
e
r
e
s
t
o
f
t
h
e
d
a
y
c
h
o
p
p
i
n
g
t
r
e
e
s
t
o
m
a
k
e
a
r
a
f
t
b
u
t
I
d
i
d
n
'
t
f
i
n
i
s
h
b
e
f
o
r
e
I
w
a
s
r
e
a
d
y
t
o
d
r
o
p
T
h
e
r
e
a
r
e
s
o
m
e
r
i
t
u
a
l
s
y
o
u
c
a
n
d
o
a
n
d
t
h
i
s
o
n
e
i
s
f
o
r
s
a
f
e
t
y
a
t
n
i
g
h
t
L
i
k
e
i
n
r
e
a
l
l
i
f
e
i
t
'
s
n
e
v
e
r
r
e
a
l
l
y
c
l
e
a
r
h
o
w
m
u
c
h
r
i
t
u
a
l
s
a
f
f
e
c
t
t
h
i
n
g
s
o
r
w
h
e
t
h
e
r
t
h
e
y
a
f
f
e
c
t
t
h
i
n
g
s
a
t
a
l
l
a
n
d
y
o
u
c
a
n
p
l
a
y
w
i
t
h
t
h
e
m
o
r
w
i
t
h
o
u
t
t
h
e
m
(
I
d
o
a
c
t
u
a
l
l
y
k
n
o
w
q
u
i
t
e
a
b
i
t
a
b
o
u
t
h
o
w
t
h
e
r
i
t
u
a
l
s
w
o
r
k
o
n
t
h
e
b
a
c
k
e
n
d
b
u
t
I
t
h
i
n
k
s
p
o
i
l
i
n
g
i
t
r
u
i
n
s
t
h
e
m
a
g
i
c
s
o
m
e
w
h
a
t
D
o
y
o
u
r
o
w
n
s
c
i
e
n
c
e
i
f
y
o
u
w
a
n
t
t
o
k
n
o
w
!
)

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

TheDominator37
(L-4): FancyPants
Superhans
(L-3): toblerone187, TheDominator37
:!:
Lovesick
(L-2): Nachomamma8, Rautherdir, Superhans

Not voting
(3): LicketyQuickety, Lovesick, ConnorJC

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
K
e
e
p
i
t
f
u
n
!

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-12-30 14:00:00)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:33 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 111, TheDominator37 wrote:VOTE: superhans

Lickety seems very noob town to me.
Hey TheDominator37 can you explain why you voted for me?
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Post by toblerone187 »

UNVOTE: Superhans

Joke vote
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:38 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 123, Superhans wrote:
In post 114, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 104, Superhans wrote:VOTE: Lovesick

Lovesick, I'll be super happy to unvote on the condition that you read through all the comments posted so far tell us your opinions on scum/town reads. Cheers :)
Scum post.
Yeah I think that smiley face does seem pretty scummy now that you mention it.

In all seriousness what I did may appear scummy, and perhaps I rushed too quickly onto the lurker Wagon. my reasoning was that if lots of people vote for someone who's lurking, they'll freak out when they log in, and play more aggressively.

In all seriousness, I was voting Lovesick to put pressure on him
1) You said you would unvote them once they posted, so not only is this a non-committal vote, but it defeats the purpose of the vote in the first place.
2) You are asking something of someone that you haven't done adequately enough yourself ie. reads. You make it sound like the lurker should have definite stances at this point in the game, when you yourself are not doing anything close to that.

3) You make jokes about the smiley being Scummy when I actually didn't list any reasons for why I thought it was a Scummy post. You then go on to interpret why I read the post as Scummy, so you clearly know at least part of the reason for why it is Scummy, which leaves me wondering why you made the post in the first place as Town... Unless you knew it could be interpreted as Scummy when/shortly after you made the post, which is what I am thinking, which is why I think you are Scum.
4) The you give a second reason for your vote. This is over explaining your position. You were Sitting there thinking what you could say to defend yourself and prolly came up with the second bit first then went back and added more of an explanation to you vote which is what we see as the first reason. Either one of these answers wouldn't been too Scummy on their own, but put together, both saying about the same thing (one just more elaborate) and that makes for an over explanation and over explanations (in defence) are Scummy in my book.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:01 pm

In post 74, Rautherdir wrote:Probably. He's the IC, it was likely a conversation starter.
I take issue with this... Nacho is a much much better player than myself. I also detailed that I am NOT the IC this game because I didn't/don't want the responsibility.

VOTE: Rautherdir

You are not paying attention.

Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by Lovesick »

Lovesick, I'll be super happy to unvote on the condition that you read through all the comments posted so far tell us your opinions on scum/town reads. Cheers :)
Scum post.

In all seriousness what I did may appear scummy, and perhaps I rushed too quickly onto the lurker Wagon. my reasoning was that if lots of people vote for someone who's lurking, they'll freak out when they log in, and play more aggressively.

Before I get into it, I am a female hence why my preferable pronoun is a she and not a he - sorry for being petty but it angers me a little on the inside.

How can you possibly want a 'lurker' to act aggressively if you had not seen their playstyle so you have no idea if their preferable playstyle is exactly what you want? It has never made sense to me as to why people pressure vote so early when there is minimal content related to them. Playstyle/reaction also barely defines what alignment they may be - especially in a newbie game where there can be relatively new players who have no idea as to how to react and respond to things.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by Lovesick »

In post 125, Superhans wrote:
In post 113, Lovesick wrote:What's the cause of this bandwagon on me again? Inactivity? That's a bit unfair if you ask me considering i was asleep during all of the activity. (I wont be quoting posts because my only available source of playing this is my phone so I don't know how to format my posts with quotations on this particular forum)

Nachos, to answer your post where you had replied to me, it was simply a post of acknowledgement that we had started as I was out of town and I didn't have the time in my day to make a more decent reply than give (Whoever had asked about ICs) a brief explanation and an opinion/thought - not very contributive but it's the least i could do.

Now i wont continue with the excuses as the bottom line is that it was very inconvenient of the time the game started and when the activity had spiked up. So Nachos, how is it a good idea to start hunting for lurkers when 24 hours hasn't past, not giving the players enough time to post as they may have things going on in their lives or are simply asleep? Also for the others which had jumped the wagon on myself, explain to me what type of evidence are you trying to gather from this?

Personally in my opinion, the only right moment for lurker hunting is if they had contributed nothing at all and half of our given time has gone. I mean otherwise, hunting for lurkers is a very easy way of lynching players and if done right, can be an advantage to the scum more so than the town as the ratio of mafia to town is 2:7.

YO LOVESICK tell us your scum/town reads from reading all the posts you were 'lurking' (probably sleeping) through.
There are no scum or town reads not ones which can be based from a logical stand point based on facts, ony ones made from opinion and thoughs. The only person I have ill feelings to are Nacho as i feel as though he is trying very hard to lead this game and is coming off as a little too strong for me however what have you had to offer which could be of serious use other than this bandwagon on me?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by FancyPants »

@Lickety, I used to play Mafia off-site on a South African site for gaming. As you say we can chat after if you'd like.

UNVOTE

OK I've given the thread a peruse. Not as much real content as I'd hoped, I've got town leans on LQ and Superhans, I don't think the latter is necessarily going about it in the right way, but I see real intent from both players.
Nacho is going to be very hard to ever town read, but he's been pro-town so far.

I'm not completely opposed to a lurker hunt, but for me its too early.

I like that Lovesick had a go at Nacho, OMGUS and paranoia are town tells for me, would still like more content.

@Toblerone, you've talked a bit without saying anything. Give your thoughts/reads? I understand you're new but share them anyway.
@Connor, who's scum?
@Rauther, your vote on me, and then subsequent hop off smells of appeasement.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:10 am

In post 133, FancyPants wrote:
UNVOTE
I see, so you HAVE played the game before. Interesting.

FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:14 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 134, LicketyQuickety wrote:
UNVOTE
I've played 6 on site games, and I'm an SE yes I've played before.
I'm not incredibly experienced but I won't be playing the newb card.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:14 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 129, LicketyQuickety wrote:

Scum post.

1) You said you would unvote them once they posted, so not only is this a non-committal vote, but it defeats the purpose of the vote in the first place.
2) You are asking something of someone that you haven't done adequately enough yourself ie. reads. You make it sound like the lurker should have definite stances at this point in the game, when you yourself are not doing anything close to that.

3) You make jokes about the smiley being Scummy when I actually didn't list any reasons for why I thought it was a Scummy post. You then go on to interpret why I read the post as Scummy, so you clearly know at least part of the reason for why it is Scummy, which leaves me wondering why you made the post in the first place as Town... Unless you knew it could be interpreted as Scummy when/shortly after you made the post, which is what I am thinking, which is why I think you are Scum.
4) The you give a second reason for your vote. This is over explaining your position. You were Sitting there thinking what you could say to defend yourself and prolly came up with the second bit first then went back and added more of an explanation to you vote which is what we see as the first reason. Either one of these answers wouldn't been too Scummy on their own, but put together, both saying about the same thing (one just more elaborate) and that makes for an over explanation and over explanations (in defence) are Scummy in my book.

I didn't say that I would unvote one Lovesick had posted. I said I would unvote once Lovesick had offered an original scum/town diagnosis.

Lovesick, sorry for messing up your pronoun :oops: (I feel like a complete div right now, if that makes you feel any better). Thanks for you scum read on Nacho,

UNVOTE: Lovesick

What have I offered so far? Well I have put pressure on you to create more content (although you may have done so anyways). I also said in post that I had my eyes on LQ and ConnorJC; not going as far as saying I think they are scum, but I found LQs starting gambit about cops annoying, annoying that LQ kept on saying he was thinking outside of the box, had non-traditional ways of reading, then scum reading me with no explanation. ConnorJC was baseless in hindsight (just annoyed he kept on answering my question to LQ). I would say ConnorJC reads as neither towny or scummy at this point.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 am

Post by Superhans »

Oh and heres a little compilation of all of TheDominators contributions so far:
In post 14, TheDominator37 wrote:VOTE: Dom
EARLY GAME WAGON WOOOO!!!!!
In post 110, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 23, Rautherdir wrote:The goal for day one is to create conversation. A self-vote doesn't really have the ability to do that. Which is why it's considered scummy to vote for yourself.
It seems to be working rn

Domintaor you need to dominate the conversation a bit more.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:04 am

In post 137, Superhans wrote:Oh and heres a little compilation of all of TheDominators contributions so far:
In post 14, TheDominator37 wrote:VOTE: Dom
EARLY GAME WAGON WOOOO!!!!!
In post 110, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 23, Rautherdir wrote:The goal for day one is to create conversation. A self-vote doesn't really have the ability to do that. Which is why it's considered scummy to vote for yourself.
It seems to be working rn

Domintaor you need to dominate the conversation a bit more.
Wait until day 2 for that one.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:15 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Ok, I've been asked for reads, so here we go. These are the ones I feel most confident about given the game so far (I'll make sure to post if that changes):

Superhans
- Slight Scum
His "I'll unvote you if you do this" post stands out as scummy. He then defends that vote with:
I didn't say that I would unvote one Lovesick had posted. I said I would unvote once Lovesick had offered an original scum/town diagnosis.
As if that's any better.

TheDominator39
- Scum
It seems to have contributed very little to the game so far. Additionally, the only (non-joke) vote from it is , which was basically just jumping on the Superhans bandwagon without explanation. Unfortunately, it's hard to read Dominator as it only has 3 posts in the game thread so far.

LicketyQuickety
- Town
I disagree with some of LQ's reads; however, I think he's town because of how much effort he's putting in to reading people and pointing out scummy/towny things other players do.

@FancyPants, you've asked for reads from 2-3 players so far, but I don't really see much from yourself. Please give out your own reads.
We need more posts from these inactive players, they're almost impossible to read otherwise.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:18 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 132, Lovesick wrote: There are no scum or town reads not ones which can be based from a logical stand point based on facts, ony ones made from opinion and thoughs. The only person I have ill feelings to are Nacho as i feel as though he is trying very hard to lead this game and is coming off as a little too strong for me however what have you had to offer which could be of serious use other than this bandwagon on me?
Of course you can base reads off of logic. For example, it's logical for scum to lurk to prevent getting read as scum, while it's illogical as town to lurk as it's essentially playing against your win condition. Therefore, I think the lurkers are scummy.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:28 am

Yup, not a normal Newbie.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:46 am

Post by ConnorJC »

What, is it normal for newbies to not even try to figure out what they're doing?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:49 am

In post 142, ConnorJC wrote:What, is it normal for newbies to not even try to figure out what they're doing?
Stick with the game and you'll be fine.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:02 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 142, ConnorJC wrote:What, is it normal for newbies to not even try to figure out what they're doing?
Stick with the game and you'll be fine.
If you say so.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:07 am

In post 135, FancyPants wrote:
In post 134, LicketyQuickety wrote:
UNVOTE
I've played 6 on site games, and I'm an SE yes I've played before.
I'm not incredibly experienced but I won't be playing the newb card.
When do/did you consider yourself out of newb status?

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:01 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 136, Superhans wrote: I didn't say that I would unvote one Lovesick had posted. I said I would unvote once Lovesick had offered an original scum/town diagnosis.
UNVOTE: LoveSick
But, Lovesick hasn't offered any reads/thoughts. Why the unvote?

As a matter of fact, Lovesick's only contributions are defending herself. Not one post actively participating in the 'find scum' part of mafia.
VOTE: LoveSick
(L-2)
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Rautherdir »

UNVOTE:
In post 130, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 74, Rautherdir wrote:Probably. He's the IC, it was likely a conversation starter.
I take issue with this... Nacho is a much much better player than myself. I also detailed that I am NOT the IC this game because I didn't/don't want the responsibility.

VOTE: Rautherdir

You are not paying attention.
See and where I admit I made a mistake.
In post 132, Lovesick wrote: There are no scum or town reads not ones which can be based from a logical stand point based on facts, ony ones made from opinion and thoughs. The only person I have ill feelings to are Nacho as i feel as though he is trying very hard to lead this game and is coming off as a little too strong for me however what have you had to offer which could be of serious use other than this bandwagon on me?
Alright, that is enough for me to unvote. I have no idea what to do next, so: what do you think of my play so far?
In post 133, FancyPants wrote:@Lickety, I used to play Mafia off-site on a South African site for gaming. As you say we can chat after if you'd like.

UNVOTE

OK I've given the thread a peruse. Not as much real content as I'd hoped, I've got town leans on LQ and Superhans, I don't think the latter is necessarily going about it in the right way, but I see real intent from both players.
Nacho is going to be very hard to ever town read, but he's been pro-town so far.

I'm not completely opposed to a lurker hunt, but for me its too early.

I like that Lovesick had a go at Nacho, OMGUS and paranoia are town tells for me, would still like more content.

@Toblerone, you've talked a bit without saying anything. Give your thoughts/reads? I understand you're new but share them anyway.
@Connor, who's scum?
@Rauther, your vote on me, and then subsequent hop off smells of appeasement.
That would be because post was a fairly good explanation.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:06 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Although, while we're looking at lurkers, why are we letting toblerone slip under the radar?

@toblerone187, what are your thoughts on the game right now. Scum/town reads?

pedit: Hmm, that unvote is interesting. Not sure I agree that's a good reason to unvote.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:07 am

Post by Rautherdir »

My other reason is that I'd rather not have people at L-2 until we have really good reasons.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”