Newbie 1765 | URW | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:42 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 148, ConnorJC wrote:Although, while we're looking at lurkers, why are we letting toblerone slip under the radar?

@toblerone187, what are your thoughts on the game right now. Scum/town reads?

pedit: Hmm, that unvote is interesting. Not sure I agree that's a good reason to unvote.
Are you referring to MY unvote?
If so I think it is a very good reason to unvote. It was clearly a joke vote and I had forgotten it was still there until the votecount was posted. I did not want a joke vote to remain
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:44 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 154, Superhans wrote:can we brainstorm the possibility of Nachomamma, an IC, being mafia. Is this likely, anyone getting any Town reads off of him.
I was thinking he seems to be leading the game but I am not sure if that is his job as IC
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:46 am

Post by toblerone187 »

What does "pedit" mean?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:47 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 172, toblerone187 wrote:
In post 169, LicketyQuickety wrote:I gave two examples from the same game, you should read them.
To be honest I have enough on my plate reading this game and trying to analyse it and learn as I go along. I don't have time to read other games - or have i misunderstood you?
It was a conversation between myself and Nacho, which means you should have at least taken a look at it, but I'll link it again:
In post 115, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 55, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 47, LicketyQuickety wrote:Yes, well, I don't read people in a traditional way.
Can you back it up?
If you have reasoning that trends outside the box, then that's "non-traditional".
If you don't, then you're reading with gut which is plenty traditional if incredibly difficult to calibrate.
yes, I have reasons for my unconventional reads, but I don't like to explain them so I try and get people to do what I want though other means. I've been playing a lot less "direct" lately. Take that for what you will.

here and here for reference of my reasoning.
Those are posts, not games.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:47 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 157, Lovesick wrote:Also Connor, by logical i mean with evidence from night phases which we can use to deduce and conclude things with ease other than make assumptions purely made on the first few posts in Day 1. Normally (At least where i played) Day 1 is a warm up, we get cozy and slowly introduce our playstyles to eachother hence my not so contribution to the actual objective. As also as a norm, I never do reads day 1 because it's too early to judge, too early to analyse, deduce, conclude and speak so confidently about my own thoughts when it comes to other players however I do understand why that may not be the case here because of the length of the days which personally i think is ridiculous but also logical in its own ways
Ok sorry Lovesick is not such a newbie as I had thought
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 179, toblerone187 wrote:
In post 157, Lovesick wrote:Also Connor, by logical i mean with evidence from night phases which we can use to deduce and conclude things with ease other than make assumptions purely made on the first few posts in Day 1. Normally (At least where i played) Day 1 is a warm up, we get cozy and slowly introduce our playstyles to eachother hence my not so contribution to the actual objective. As also as a norm, I never do reads day 1 because it's too early to judge, too early to analyse, deduce, conclude and speak so confidently about my own thoughts when it comes to other players however I do understand why that may not be the case here because of the length of the days which personally i think is ridiculous but also logical in its own ways
Ok sorry Lovesick is not such a newbie as I had thought
I may have gotten rusty/out of touch with it all since the last time I have played was about 3 years ago lol
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:53 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.04

S
u
c
c
e
s
s
!
F
i
n
i
s
h
e
d
m
a
k
i
n
g
t
h
e
r
a
f
t
a
n
d
t
h
e
s
e
s
t
a
a
n
d
w
e
w
e
r
e
a
b
l
e
t
o
g
o
o
u
t
o
n
t
o
t
h
e
l
a
k
e
t
o
s
e
t
t
h
e
n
e
t
s
W
e
s
h
o
u
l
d
c
h
e
c
k
t
h
e
m
t
o
m
o
r
r
o
w
W
e
'
r
e
p
r
e
t
t
y
h
u
n
g
r
y
a
n
d
o
u
r
s
t
a
r
v
a
t
i
o
n
m
e
t
r
e
i
s
a
t
%
n
o
w
I
f
i
t
g
e
t
s
u
p
t
o
%
y
o
u
d
i
e
b
u
t
i
t
t
a
k
e
s
s
o
m
e
w
e
e
k
s
t
o
d
i
e
o
f
s
t
a
r
v
a
t
i
o
n
s
o
w
e
'
r
e
g
o
n
n
a
b
e
o
k
a
y

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Superhans
(L-4): TheDominator37
:!:
Lovesick
(L-3): Nachomamma8, ConnorJC
Rautherdir
(L-4): LicketyQuickety

Not voting
(5): Lovesick, toblerone187, FancyPants, Superhans, Rautherdir

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
K
e
e
p
i
t
f
u
n
!

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-12-30 14:00:00)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:59 am

I really hope we catch some fish.

Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Rautherdir »

toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:05 am

Post by toblerone187 »

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:13 am

In post 146, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 136, Superhans wrote: I didn't say that I would unvote one Lovesick had posted. I said I would unvote once Lovesick had offered an original scum/town diagnosis.
UNVOTE: LoveSick
But, Lovesick hasn't offered any reads/thoughts. Why the unvote?

As a matter of fact, Lovesick's only contributions are defending herself. Not one post actively participating in the 'find scum' part of mafia.
VOTE: LoveSick
(L-2)
Clever, that made me smile.

FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:17 am

Post by FancyPants »

@Toblerone, if you had to kill someone right now who would it be.
@Connor, my reads are implicit in my earlier post. But I will explain any individual read if you wish, can you specifically point out why Dom is your biggest scum read?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:Could be, likely actually, but as what alignment is what I think is more interesting.
I'd say that Superhaus's approach was townier than not, but I don't think that it said anything about Connor's alignment. Do you?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:24 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 186, FancyPants wrote:@Toblerone, if you had to kill someone right now who would it be.
Given the level of content you have posted and now suddenly this question, I would kill you :-)
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:27 am

In post 187, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:Could be, likely actually, but as what alignment is what I think is more interesting.
I'd say that Superhaus's approach was townier than not, but I don't think that it said anything about Connor's alignment. Do you?
No.

Reread that post. I questioned why Super made such a quick change to voting a lurker. You disagree?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:What makes you think I was BS with the cop thing? I did it to generate content as well as making a true statement (if the is a cop and its not you) as well as a reaction test. Tell me what is "BS" about that?
Well, you made a post that looked sketchy (in particular, by pretending to have knowledge of a cop in the game) in order to generate information. That is bullshitting.

Your suggestion to have the cop investigate me was also something that I thought you were lying about because it's remarkably short-sighted; cop wants to investigate people who will be alive; if I am scum and you don't feel you can catch me on play, you can catch me by my partner's play and you can catch me by forming town blocks; wasting an investigative role on someone who scum probably needs to shoot eventually is silly.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 189, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 187, Nachomamma8 wrote:

No.

Reread that post. I questioned why Super made such a quick change to voting a lurker. You disagree?
I do.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:You are a (slight [which you misinterpreted]) Scum read for fishing for info in a way that is not clearly town mindset. You are smart which is why I am saying this.
Asking someone what they are doing when they are doing something confusing is not fishing; it's proper play.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:31 am

In post 190, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:What makes you think I was BS with the cop thing? I did it to generate content as well as making a true statement (if the is a cop and its not you) as well as a reaction test. Tell me what is "BS" about that?
Well, you made a post that looked sketchy (in particular, by pretending to have knowledge of a cop in the game) in order to generate information. That is bullshitting.

Your suggestion to have the cop investigate me was also something that I thought you were lying about because it's remarkably short-sighted; cop wants to investigate people who will be alive; if I am scum and you don't feel you can catch me on play, you can catch me by my partner's play and you can catch me by forming town blocks; wasting an investigative role on someone who scum probably needs to shoot eventually is silly.
Glad you caught it, was thinking the same thing... about the tracker I mean. However, this game is just getting started and I have no doubts you know how to play the game to survive.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:That's a fast change mate, mind explaining?
I expect the "combine our efforts" phraseology gave away pretty solidly what the purpose of the vote was, and Superhaus's assertion that he'd unvote when Lovesick gave content showed that he picked up on that purpose. It would be a scummy change of mindset of what he made was a vote with the intention of lynching, but that pretty clearly wasn't the case.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:34 am

In post 192, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:You are a (slight [which you misinterpreted]) Scum read for fishing for info in a way that is not clearly town mindset. You are smart which is why I am saying this.
Asking someone what they are doing when they are doing something confusing is not fishing; it's proper play.
Maybe I am a genius or maybe I am looking into motivation that isn't there. Its unlikely I am a genius, however, I could be reading the motivation correctly.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:36 am

In post 194, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote:That's a fast change mate, mind explaining?
I expect the "combine our efforts" phraseology gave away pretty solidly what the purpose of the vote was, and Superhaus's assertion that he'd unvote when Lovesick gave content showed that he picked up on that purpose. It would be a scummy change of mindset of what he made was a vote with the intention of lynching, but that pretty clearly wasn't the case.
Well, I am Town reading Lovesick for it, so there is that.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:37 am

In post 190, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Well, It gave me a Town read that you don't disagree with.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:38 am

In post 192, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Well, I am terrible at proper play.

FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:39 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 188, toblerone187 wrote:
In post 186, FancyPants wrote:@Toblerone, if you had to kill someone right now who would it be.
Given the level of content you have posted and now suddenly this question, I would kill you :-)
I'll be more active when the weekend ends, why do you feel me asking you that question makes me scummy?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”