Newbie 1765 | URW | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 343, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 300, Superhans wrote:
In post 297, LicketyQuickety wrote: I'm not hiding them, they are just too hard to say.
Scum read.

Kinda think my English teacher actually described the English language as being limited by the imagination, not limited by how "outside-of-the-box" your methods are.
Explain, also explain clearly (because you also have a habit of confusing everyone with even the simplest comments).

I don't care how long your explanation is, as long as it is sincere, and makes some sense.

F
i
x
e
d
b
r
o
k
e
n
q
u
o
t
e
t
a
g
-
-
P
OK, so story time (yay!) When I first started playing the game, I got Scum read... a lot. I was lynched Day 1 8 times out of my first 16 games. People never understood my logic, barring few, and the ones who understood, really understood - they knew exactly where I was coming from and how to interpret my posts. Fast forward ~8ish months. I start seeing myself get Town read, not dying so early so often and generally having decent reads. Made it to late game a few times in my career and I am rarely wrong in Lylo as Town (never made it to Lylo as Scum). IDK when this was, but at some point when I was playing a Mafia game that was not really a Mafia game and I was 3p, I found that I am not too bad at breaking the system. My win con for that game is seen here:
Welcome to DragonCon, TheQuickOne!

You are the Indestructible 3p. That's right, YOU CANNOT DIE. (Unless you are modkilled. Don't make me!) Wincon is to be hit by a kill, investigated, and successfully target someone to protect them from Con Crud. You may choose one target to protect each cycle.

You are now a part of the Third Party team. You can hang out with them during the day here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/svsEDj2CzWC

You are sharing a room here: Room E - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/HRnquyjjFCXXS

Your Roommates:
StaceofBass
hawkataine
Earthious
Tsubaki

You must choose a daytime destination in here no later than two hours before phase change. Violators will be fined and locked in the basement with the unwashed carriers of con funk. Or worse.

You have $100 to spend. You may borrow and lend, or buy, sell, and trade with other players.

All actions, day or night, must be in bold so I can find them easily, thank you very much.
I only had an inclination to it looking back, but this was really the game that I learned just how crazy I could play and not get Lynched/NKed. At the very start of the game I claimed that I was a treestump who got a passive guilty on someone N0. That person was lynched, while I was not. I ended up actually investigating myself and NKing my partner fulfilling my win con IDK when I did the curd thing but I think it was N1 or N2.

I was then stuck in no man's land for a long time, not really knowing how to use my weird style to my advantage. Suffice to say, I now play in a way where I know people are either going to get what I am saying, or they are not. The ones that don't I am going to try and learn how to use subliminal messaging to get them to understand what I am saying.
Story sounds great, but I actually don't care to read it, because I can't see how it can be that relevant to this game. Although Mafia is a complex game, the fundamental idea of the game is very simple, and honestly what is the point of that story?

I'm sure you're a creative genius, but honestly when you mention "Subliminal messaging" I couldn't help but snort with laughter. The only Subliminal messages you are sending to me with this post is that you think we're too stupid to understand your reads, which is why you couldn't possibly even consider explaining them.

VOTE: LicketyQuickety

I will unvote once you explain in DEPTH (two pages of A4 handwritten (thats four sides)) of
why you had a townread on ConnorJC post #30
(waay back)
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 350, Superhans wrote:
In post 343, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 300, Superhans wrote:
In post 297, LicketyQuickety wrote: I'm not hiding them, they are just too hard to say.
Scum read.

Kinda think my English teacher actually described the English language as being limited by the imagination, not limited by how "outside-of-the-box" your methods are.
Explain, also explain clearly (because you also have a habit of confusing everyone with even the simplest comments).

I don't care how long your explanation is, as long as it is sincere, and makes some sense.

F
i
x
e
d
b
r
o
k
e
n
q
u
o
t
e
t
a
g
-
-
P
OK, so story time (yay!) When I first started playing the game, I got Scum read... a lot. I was lynched Day 1 8 times out of my first 16 games. People never understood my logic, barring few, and the ones who understood, really understood - they knew exactly where I was coming from and how to interpret my posts. Fast forward ~8ish months. I start seeing myself get Town read, not dying so early so often and generally having decent reads. Made it to late game a few times in my career and I am rarely wrong in Lylo as Town (never made it to Lylo as Scum). IDK when this was, but at some point when I was playing a Mafia game that was not really a Mafia game and I was 3p, I found that I am not too bad at breaking the system. My win con for that game is seen here:
Welcome to DragonCon, TheQuickOne!

You are the Indestructible 3p. That's right, YOU CANNOT DIE. (Unless you are modkilled. Don't make me!) Wincon is to be hit by a kill, investigated, and successfully target someone to protect them from Con Crud. You may choose one target to protect each cycle.

You are now a part of the Third Party team. You can hang out with them during the day here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/svsEDj2CzWC

You are sharing a room here: Room E - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/HRnquyjjFCXXS

Your Roommates:
StaceofBass
hawkataine
Earthious
Tsubaki

You must choose a daytime destination in here no later than two hours before phase change. Violators will be fined and locked in the basement with the unwashed carriers of con funk. Or worse.

You have $100 to spend. You may borrow and lend, or buy, sell, and trade with other players.

All actions, day or night, must be in bold so I can find them easily, thank you very much.
I only had an inclination to it looking back, but this was really the game that I learned just how crazy I could play and not get Lynched/NKed. At the very start of the game I claimed that I was a treestump who got a passive guilty on someone N0. That person was lynched, while I was not. I ended up actually investigating myself and NKing my partner fulfilling my win con IDK when I did the curd thing but I think it was N1 or N2.

I was then stuck in no man's land for a long time, not really knowing how to use my weird style to my advantage. Suffice to say, I now play in a way where I know people are either going to get what I am saying, or they are not. The ones that don't I am going to try and learn how to use subliminal messaging to get them to understand what I am saying.
Story sounds great, but I actually don't care to read it, because I can't see how it can be that relevant to this game. Although Mafia is a complex game, the fundamental idea of the game is very simple, and honestly what is the point of that story?

I'm sure you're a creative genius, but honestly when you mention "Subliminal messaging" I couldn't help but snort with laughter. The only Subliminal messages you are sending to me with this post is that you think we're too stupid to understand your reads, which is why you couldn't possibly even consider explaining them.

VOTE: LicketyQuickety

I will unvote once you explain in DEPTH (two pages of A4 handwritten (thats four sides)) of
why you had a townread on ConnorJC post #30
(waay back)
Not sure how I can explain. He came on strong... Too strong to be Scum. If that is not good enough for you, call it a gut read.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Superhans »

Also I can't think of anything goofier than having a personality test outcome as my bio.

Spoiler:

F
i
x
e
d
b
r
o
k
e
n
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
t
a
g

-
-
P
Last edited by Plotinus on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Correct, Forceful, At Ease.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm also a depressed perfectionist if that helps.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Superhans »

Solid outside of the box analysis you have there Dr Freud.
UNVOTE: LicketyQuickety

Basically your read is just gut, then... hmmm.
In post 55, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 47, LicketyQuickety wrote:Yes, well, I don't read people in a traditional way.
Can you back it up?
If you have reasoning that trends outside the box, then that's "non-traditional".
If you don't, then you're reading with gut which is plenty traditional if incredibly difficult to calibrate.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Superhans »

LicketyQuickety outside of the game, I am also depressed (to an extent) with whatever work I produce. I feel for you.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 353, LicketyQuickety wrote:Correct, Forceful, At Ease.
What do you mean by this. Can you be less cryptic please. :roll:
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

So what I get from the past few posts is that LQ votes based on his gut and not specific reasons. Which would make it extremely difficult for him to answer my question.

UNVOTE:

I still don't know for sure if you're town, LQ, but I noticed something a bit more disconcerting.

VOTE: TheDominator37

Somehow you've gotten away with three posts, two of which were votes. One of those votes was an RVS self-vote, and the other was an unexplained vote for Superhans. An explanation would be more than appropriate.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:50 pm

In post 355, Superhans wrote:Solid outside of the box analysis you have there Dr Freud.
UNVOTE: LicketyQuickety

Basically your read is just gut, then... hmmm.
In post 55, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 47, LicketyQuickety wrote:Yes, well, I don't read people in a traditional way.
Can you back it up?
If you have reasoning that trends outside the box, then that's "non-traditional".
If you don't, then you're reading with gut which is plenty traditional if incredibly difficult to calibrate.
You found a contradiction in my play, good for you.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:52 pm

In post 357, Superhans wrote:
In post 353, LicketyQuickety wrote:Correct, Forceful, At Ease.
What do you mean by this. Can you be less cryptic please. :roll:
CDS ~ Taken from Disc.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:53 pm

In post 356, Superhans wrote:LicketyQuickety outside of the game, I am also depressed (to an extent) with whatever work I produce. I feel for you.
It is life; not something to dwell over.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Superhans »

@LQ next time you scum read please just say it's a gut feeling rather than "non-traditional" reads. Gut is actually very very traditional.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:21 pm

In post 362, Superhans wrote:@LQ next time you scum read please just say it's a gut feeling rather than "non-traditional" reads. Gut is actually very very traditional.
Lets talk about this shall we? Do you think someone coming on too strong is a Town tell that cannot be faked?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Common, really lets get into the psychology of stuff. The juicy stuff.

When a Player comes out swinging out of the game, the positive is ALWAYS a Town tell. The negative is much more subdued when faking it, therefore, coming on too strong is ALWAYS a Townie reaction at least if not a very reliable Town tell.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:22 pm

And Ofc you have to account for the said person coming on too strong and this can be done through analyzing word choice and narrative. So if you disagree with my assessment, provide your reasons and we can talk about it.

TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 201, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 110, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 23, Rautherdir wrote:The goal for day one is to create conversation. A self-vote doesn't really have the ability to do that. Which is why it's considered scummy to vote for yourself.
It seems to be working rn
I don't like this attempt to take credit for starting conversation; it should be obvious that very little (if any at all) discussion is centering around your self-vote.

I also don't like the vote on Superhaus; seems like an easy vote to make with LQ backing you up.

Vote: TheDominator37
Then what started it if my wagon didn't?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:31 pm

In post 366, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 201, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 110, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 23, Rautherdir wrote:The goal for day one is to create conversation. A self-vote doesn't really have the ability to do that. Which is why it's considered scummy to vote for yourself.
It seems to be working rn
I don't like this attempt to take credit for starting conversation; it should be obvious that very little (if any at all) discussion is centering around your self-vote.

I also don't like the vote on Superhaus; seems like an easy vote to make with LQ backing you up.

Vote: TheDominator37
Then what started it if my wagon didn't?
Semantics.. Do something.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

Woah woah, hold up. Um on mobile so I can't really check right now.
Is TheDom at L-2 or L-1?
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

I'm on mobile*
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

He's at L-3 or L-2
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:12 pm

L-2

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:14 pm

In post 349, Rautherdir wrote:Or we could switch to me v LQ. I'm not backing down until I hear LQ's current reasons to vote me.
In post 358, Rautherdir wrote:So what I get from the past few posts is that LQ votes based on his gut and not specific reasons. Which would make it extremely difficult for him to answer my question.

UNVOTE:

I still don't know for sure if you're town, LQ, but I noticed something a bit more disconcerting.

VOTE: TheDominator37

Somehow you've gotten away with three posts, two of which were votes. One of those votes was an RVS self-vote, and the other was an unexplained vote for Superhans. An explanation would be more than appropriate.
Come again?

Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

What are your reasons to vote me LQ?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:31 pm

In post 373, Rautherdir wrote:What are your reasons to vote me LQ?
You're acting too shy/standoffish all the while trying to appear like you are doing more than you really are. Its a mixture of Tone reading your posts and the stances you have made.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”