Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 823, boring wrote:So who's lying? Why did they agree to the massclaim if they intended to lie?
I think that someone who doesnt agree to a massclaim would look scummy for trying to deny the masses more information.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

^I disagree with that. I'm usually one of the last people to agree to a massclaim as town. It depends on the situation.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Other than revealing PRs, what other reason is there to go against a massclaim?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In most situations, keeping power roles hidden is enough of a reason not to massclaim.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 824, Kmd4390 wrote:Garmr, what are you even talking about? I didn't say that you said that. I included it as one of my own possibilities. I was looking at the josh lynch, not your analysis of it.

Whatever. I'm vt. nn was right. I was trying to get scum to kill me. Wasn't convinced it would work, but figured it was worth a try. Also, a power role is trying to stay hidden for some reason. I was trusting them and trying to narrow scum's search by throwing myself back into their pool.

Nn, the point is to see how scum acted with the knowledge that he was town. It's rare for all three scum to vote together. It's rare for no scum to jump on such a tasty mislynch. Basically, scum did something out of the ordinary and what is bugging me is why. But if it's that all three voted together, assuming lil is town, that was dreal's doing and he doesn't strike me as the type to go out of the ordinary like that.

Boring, it's obviously between two people for who lied and it's obvious which of the two power roles they are. Hell, I'm 90% sure I know which of the two it is and it disappoints me that I couldn't protect that person by WIFOMing scum. I'll leave it up to them to elaborate and I understand the reasoning but whatever. The person is obvtown anyway.
Just want to point out jins vote was rvs and I doubt scum planned for that lynch to go through.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

*shrug*

If all three scum were there, dreal was the one who knowingly voted with his buddies so secret agent's vote being RVS is irrelevant.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 830, Kmd4390 wrote:*shrug*

If all three scum were there, dreal was the one who knowingly voted with his buddies so secret agent's vote being RVS is irrelevant.
did you see the way dreal reacted at pines vote on him
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yep. Sarcasm and frustration. Doesn't seem like a scumbuddy. Scum tend to feel like their buddies will back off after distancing so they aren't so bothered by the vote. The exception is newbies and emotional players or a hard bus and none of those apply here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Going to be a bit busy until the evening.

I'm a PR.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 832, Kmd4390 wrote:Yep. Sarcasm and frustration. Doesn't seem like a scumbuddy. Scum tend to feel like their buddies will back off after distancing so they aren't so bothered by the vote. The exception is newbies and emotional players or a hard bus and none of those apply here.
........ dreal is a newbie and he seems like a emotional player.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Garmr »

Now the other power role is a dick for not claiming earlier on.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:15 am

Post by boring »

@Kmd - I think you're right. I mulled it over last night, and came to the same conclusion.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:39 am

Post by boring »

In post 835, Garmr wrote:Now the other power role is a dick for not claiming earlier on.
They're just being cautious and a little near-sighted. I can't fault them entirely because it's been hard to know who to trust in this game. I wanted the mass claim so we could have trustworthy voices and a narrowed scum pool. We have LUV, at least, and maybe more. That's a start.

It's actually awesome because LUV is, as Pine would put it, low-hanging fruit.

I think I'm going to try to wade through some meta now, and I really don't want to.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:13 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 837, boring wrote:I think I'm going to try to wade through some meta now, and I really don't want to.
Good luck padawan.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Garmr, really? I got the impression he knew what he was doing to an extent.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Garmr »

He doesn't many completed games and his reaction when he thought josh escaped the lynch was what I'd expect from a newbie emotional player.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Interesting.

You probably got a better feel for his play than I did because you were actually here real time and I just read it in a catch up. I'll keep it in mind, but I still think secret agent is by far the most likely person to be scum, not pine.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by boring »

Hey, are you guys seeing what I'm seeing comparing Jin's ISOs between our game, and Hunger Games II?

He's pretty assertive in the scumhunting there, and he keeps on topic. Just as important, he seems to be thinking for himself there, and doesn't hesitate to bring up new stuff. In our current game, he skirts around scumhunting topics keeping to bland, middle-of-the-road comments. The most game-solvey he's been is "that's probably TvT so I won't touch it".

I'm about to look at garmr next. I think that if Jin is scum, then either garmr or nn30 are chainsawing. I'm leaning toward garmr.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by boring »

Looking at a garmr scum game, Open 637 Fire and Ice and a town game, Mini1785, I can't see much difference in tone. There's a lot of hostility in both, with a tendency to hypertunnel. The one difference I see is more one-line posts in the scum game than the town. I'm not sure if it means anything.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by boring »

The problem with garmr's games is that he seems to have taken a several month break between then and now. I don't know how long meta reads are good for.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:55 pm

In post 842, boring wrote:Hey, are you guys seeing what I'm seeing comparing Jin's ISOs between our game, and Hunger Games II?

He's pretty assertive in the scumhunting there, and he keeps on topic. Just as important, he seems to be thinking for himself there, and doesn't hesitate to bring up new stuff. In our current game, he skirts around scumhunting topics keeping to bland, middle-of-the-road comments. The most game-solvey he's been is "that's probably TvT so I won't touch it".

I'm about to look at garmr next. I think that if Jin is scum, then either garmr or nn30 are chainsawing. I'm leaning toward garmr.
I was not assertive in that game at all. I attacked town players, i didnt know who to actively go for, and i had crappy town reads. I play the same way in this game too.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by boring »

You might have had crappy reads, but there was a clear effort to hunt and solve. Being wrong happens to everyone. I've been told that "great scumhunters" are still only 50/50 (which is all town needs to win, I suppose). In this game, I'm not seeing the same spark of initiative, and none of the drive.

In that other game, you mentioned that you play on another site. How long have you played there? Do you feel like the formats there and here are too different to consolidate the experiences?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 843, boring wrote:Looking at a garmr scum game, Open 637 Fire and Ice and a town game, Mini1785, I can't see much difference in tone. There's a lot of hostility in both, with a tendency to hypertunnel. The one difference I see is more one-line posts in the scum game than the town. I'm not sure if it means anything.
I can take many tones with my scum game. But I think it's obvious that I'm town this game.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:49 pm

In post 846, boring wrote:You might have had crappy reads, but there was a clear effort to hunt and solve. Being wrong happens to everyone. I've been told that "great scumhunters" are still only 50/50 (which is all town needs to win, I suppose). In this game, I'm not seeing the same spark of initiative, and none of the drive.

In that other game, you mentioned that you play on another site. How long have you played there? Do you feel like the formats there and here are too different to consolidate the experiences?
On the other site the days are 72 hours and the nights are 24 hours and no one meta-games. It is very different here as i feel that meta is a useless tool because, personally, my playstyle changes constantly. I could be aggressive, all out as town one game, lurker town another, and lurker scum the third. I read what you have done this game. It seems you are sure i am scum and you are entitled to that thought.

Let me ask this, if we mislynch this phase then scum kill tonight whats the odds starting next day phase?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by boring »

In post 847, Garmr wrote:
In post 843, boring wrote:Looking at a garmr scum game, Open 637 Fire and Ice and a town game, Mini1785, I can't see much difference in tone. There's a lot of hostility in both, with a tendency to hypertunnel. The one difference I see is more one-line posts in the scum game than the town. I'm not sure if it means anything.
I can take many tones with my scum game. But I think it's obvious that I'm town this game.
Why?
In post 848, Secret Agent Jin wrote: Let me ask this, if we mislynch this phase then scum kill tonight whats the odds starting next day phase?
You know the answer. Especially if vig shoots town. So if you'd be a mislynch, where do you think we should be looking?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”