Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 849, boring wrote:
In post 847, Garmr wrote:
In post 843, boring wrote:Looking at a garmr scum game, Open 637 Fire and Ice and a town game, Mini1785, I can't see much difference in tone. There's a lot of hostility in both, with a tendency to hypertunnel. The one difference I see is more one-line posts in the scum game than the town. I'm not sure if it means anything.
I can take many tones with my scum game. But I think it's obvious that I'm town this game.
Why?
In post 848, Secret Agent Jin wrote: Let me ask this, if we mislynch this phase then scum kill tonight whats the odds starting next day phase?
You know the answer. Especially if vig shoots town. So if you'd be a mislynch, where do you think we should be looking?
I feel like it should be obvious to anyone who's been here from the start.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by boring »

In post 850, Garmr wrote:
In post 843, boring wrote:Looking at a garmr scum game, Open 637 Fire and Ice and a town game, Mini1785, I can't see much difference in tone. There's a lot of hostility in both, with a tendency to hypertunnel. The one difference I see is more one-line posts in the scum game than the town. I'm not sure if it means anything.
I can take many tones with my scum game. But I think it's obvious that I'm town this game.
Why?
Why should it be obvious to anyone who's been here from the start? Why would they see it differently than those of us who came in later?

I was under the impress that a fresh perspective late-game helps to clear out some of the bias, so please forgive me if I find your differentiation peculiar.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 851, boring wrote:
In post 850, Garmr wrote:
Why?
Why should it be obvious to anyone who's been here from the start? Why would they see it differently than those of us who came in later?

I was under the impress that a fresh perspective late-game helps to clear out some of the bias, so please forgive me if I find your differentiation peculiar.
Because I'm garmr and I would appreciate it if you stopped throwing shade with out a case.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by nn30 »

Boring is town.

100% now.

Garmr - why are you so concerned with a slot poking lightly at you? IMO this shouldn't bother a townie that much.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by Garmr »

It annoys me since I feel like I'm not being taken seriously with my pine case despite it being the best case this game.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

Why?
In post 848, Secret Agent Jin wrote: Let me ask this, if we mislynch this phase then scum kill tonight whats the odds starting next day phase?
You know the answer. Especially if vig shoots town. So if you'd be a mislynch, where do you think we should be looking?
If we mislynch and vig shoots town then with the scum kill we would lose. If the vig shoots correctly then it would be 3:1 town:mafia. If vig doesnt shoot then its 3:2. So we really cant afford a mislynch. i wish i could tell you im a power role but i honestly cant, so i am still a suspect within the VT pool.

Anyways, assuming we accept LUV as a PR and you as town as you say you are. That leaves Garmr, Pine, NN, KMD, and myself.

Garmr is either solid town or really good at selling to us that he is, i wouldn't vote here for now.

Pine, i honestly dont know what to feel about him. He did well fighting the Garmr accusations but that might just be good self control from scum.

NN is the lowest of my town reads but he had fluctuated within my reads a while back when it was him and Penguin. It seems a bit opportunistic that he waited for the majority to claim before he did and then voiced that he was weary because the PRs were not claimed. That seems a bit like he was hoping the PRs would surface.

KMD is scummy to me but its a gut read so i am going to ISO him and his slot when i wake up.

Honestly, LUV was a lurker slot to me and that read as scummy but he claims PR and there was really no other claims so i am inclined to believe he was just laying low earlier on to survive and is town.

Truthfully, your slot, boring, had little substance before you replaced in and you have been a guiding voice for town so far. I really dont know if that is because you are a strategic player and good at the game or you seen a broken and sheepish town and decided to take a big role in misguiding the town. I think that the former is the case and you are town.

I will have to ISO KMD and NN before i place my vote or carry on about a case involving either of those two.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:06 am

Post by boring »

@garmr, I guess I don't know the difference between investigation and shade. I like to voice concerns as they arise, and ask questions. I find it very strange for people to call themselves obv. town without knowing why.

@Jin - If they're your top scum reads, how likely is a kmd+nn30 scum team in your mind?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Boring, for what it's worth for meta purposes, I correctly killed Garmrscum as SK once. It was before the game you looked at though, by quite a bit actually. He felt under the radar to me there which isn't even close to how he's played here. Another variable is that that game was a large so it's easier to stay under the radar. This is why meta sucks sometimes. Also, there are advantages and disadvantages to reading after replacing compared to playing from the start. Anyone who has been here all along got a feel for the tone of the game. You and I read the game with more information knowing some flips (unless you are scum and knew alignments anyway).
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:55 am

Post by nn30 »

So who are we lynching?
My top choice is Jin followed distantly by Pine or Kmd.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I agree that it's distant to whoever after Secret agent. The Garmr vs Pine arguements definitely need a closer look tomorrow.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:39 am

Post by nn30 »

Why not now?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Because I'm more confident on Secret Agent than I will be admitting that one of my town reads was wrong so he's the only lynch that will interest me today.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:07 am

Post by boring »

My scum>town reads are sitting here at the moment:

Secret Agent Jin > garmr > nn30 ~ Pine ~ kmd4390 > LUV
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by nn30 »

Why are you scum reading Garmr?

This is a slot I'm fairly certain is town - I'd like to hear why you think it is scum.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 856, boring wrote:@Jin - If they're your top scum reads, how likely is a kmd+nn30 scum team in your mind?
Honestly i am confident that NN is scum but looking at the previous posts, his partner could be KMD or Garmr. I think the scum are keeping their distance and only slightly pushing votes off each other without being obvious about it.

P.S. Watch the scum team be Garmr/Pine and i am just daft about this whole game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by boring »

In post 863, nn30 wrote:Why are you scum reading Garmr?

This is a slot I'm fairly certain is town - I'd like to hear why you think it is scum.
I should admit now that of the four of you, I've been most suspicious of Jin and garmr since I subbed in. I just wanted to see if I could be convinced otherwise first. That's why one of my first actions was to see how the two of them feel about each other. Obviously, you pinged me right away, but that feeling is subsiding somewhat.

He's not quite as strong a read as Jin, but here are a few little things adding together for me. In no particular order:
1. He hammered Flubber after Pine, his supposed scum read, put him at L-1.
2. He has focused on Pine almost to the exclusion of other players. It's so convenient, too. It allows him the illusion of scum hunting while actually contributing nothing to town.
3. He is very twitchy about even the slightest poking and prodding. As if investigation isn't part of the scum hunting process. Though, this could be shoved into NAI if it was the only thing. Some people just get big heads about being town read early, and then won't entertain the idea that eventually, their time will come *throws a significant glance at no one in particular*.
4. When asked about Jin, this was his response:
Spoiler:
In post 698, Garmr wrote:@Boring I Feel like it's pretty obvious i'm town but my thoughts on jin I'm not sure. You did remind me of something jin said through.

In post 635, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
The f'n doctor? He hid well but what reason does the scum have for killing Dark? I feel if Pine/Garmr would have been killed then eyes would have been pointed toward the other one and it would be easier to do that. Ill have to ISO Dark as, i regretfully admit, he has been one of two players i didnt really pay much attention towards, the other being LUV. The main people posting a lot were Garmr, NN, PP, and Pine so i unfortunately didnt look at Dark/LUV much.

@Garmr: What exactly took you off of looking at Pine?

@LUV: I would like the explanation you talked about. Only because it seemed you to not pay too much attention to Pine yesterday but Gamr did and this day phase you two switched. Is there info we should have or should we not worry too much for right now?

I think the bolded is odd but I can't work out a reason why someone would say that. I don't think it's scummy or town just odd.
This isn't really an answer. It's an illusion of an answer. When asked about garmer, Jin's response was
Spoiler:
In post 700, Secret Agent Jin wrote:In saying that, i do believe that Garmr is town from the way he handled his read on Pine and through general conversation and interaction with everyone else. He did drive his scumread of Pine sort of hard but he ended up being able to avoid the tunnel and compromise on a different lynch.
It looks so much like a partner towing the company line. However, it seems like Jin can't even mention garmr without referencing Pine. As if that's garmr's entire identity this game. That, and the opportunistic counter-wagon hop to save Jin. By the way, I know pre-flip associations are frowned upon, but with a vig in the game, it's not a bad idea to give "if, then" statements here and there.
5. His "it's pretty obvious I'm town" changing to "it's obvious to those who were here from the beginning that I'm town" is the type of switch I often see in people who are losing a power grip.

To be fair, one town point in his favor
:
He seemed to actually advocate for his town reads when they had wagons. That's a risky move for scum (not that I've never done it, but I don't see it a lot).
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 865, boring wrote:
In post 863, nn30 wrote:Why are you scum reading Garmr?

I should admit now that of the four of you, I've been most suspicious of Jin and garmr since I subbed in. I just wanted to see if I could be convinced otherwise first. That's why one of my first actions was to see how the two of them feel about each other. Obviously, you pinged me right away, but that feeling is subsiding somewhat.

He's not quite as strong a read as Jin, but here are a few little things adding together for me. In no particular order:
1. He hammered Flubber after Pine, his supposed scum read, put him at L-1.
2. He has focused on Pine almost to the exclusion of other players. It's so convenient, too. It allows him the illusion of scum hunting while actually contributing nothing to town.
3. He is very twitchy about even the slightest poking and prodding. As if investigation isn't part of the scum hunting process. Though, this could be shoved into NAI if it was the only thing. Some people just get big heads about being town read early, and then won't entertain the idea that eventually, their time will come *throws a significant glance at no one in particular*.
4. When asked about Jin, this was his response:
Spoiler:
In post 698, Garmr wrote:@Boring I Feel like it's pretty obvious i'm town but my thoughts on jin I'm not sure. You did remind me of something jin said through.

In post 635, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
The f'n doctor? He hid well but what reason does the scum have for killing Dark? I feel if Pine/Garmr would have been killed then eyes would have been pointed toward the other one and it would be easier to do that. Ill have to ISO Dark as, i regretfully admit, he has been one of two players i didnt really pay much attention towards, the other being LUV. The main people posting a lot were Garmr, NN, PP, and Pine so i unfortunately didnt look at Dark/LUV much.

@Garmr: What exactly took you off of looking at Pine?

@LUV: I would like the explanation you talked about. Only because it seemed you to not pay too much attention to Pine yesterday but Gamr did and this day phase you two switched. Is there info we should have or should we not worry too much for right now?

I think the bolded is odd but I can't work out a reason why someone would say that. I don't think it's scummy or town just odd.
This isn't really an answer. It's an illusion of an answer. When asked about garmer, Jin's response was
Spoiler:
In post 700, Secret Agent Jin wrote:In saying that, i do believe that Garmr is town from the way he handled his read on Pine and through general conversation and interaction with everyone else. He did drive his scumread of Pine sort of hard but he ended up being able to avoid the tunnel and compromise on a different lynch.
It looks so much like a partner towing the company line. However, it seems like Jin can't even mention garmr without referencing Pine. As if that's garmr's entire identity this game. That, and the opportunistic counter-wagon hop to save Jin. By the way, I know pre-flip associations are frowned upon, but with a vig in the game, it's not a bad idea to give "if, then" statements here and there.
5. His "it's pretty obvious I'm town" changing to "it's obvious to those who were here from the beginning that I'm town" is the type of switch I often see in people who are losing a power grip.

To be fair, one town point in his favor
:
He seemed to actually advocate for his town reads when they had wagons. That's a risky move for scum (not that I've never done it, but I don't see it a lot).
1.Haven't you heard of bussing and the other guy was a strong town read I compromised on a null.
2.I have pushed pine as well looked at other players and discussed other players. So you can fuck off.
3.I been listening to you saying it's got to be one of the talkers and exclude pine for no reason at all. I been listing to you calling me scummy with out a case till now so you can fuck right off.
4.you can go fuck yourself again i'm not chainsawing for jin
5.fuck yourself.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 866, Garmr wrote:5.fuck yourself.
Does this really need to be a part of this game? Like? Really?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 867, nn30 wrote:
In post 866, Garmr wrote:5.fuck yourself.
Does this really need to be a part of this game? Like? Really?
So it's ok for pine to do it to me but not me ok.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I think I already gave a warning about keeping the game on topic, did I not?

It will not happen again.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:35 am

Post by Garmr »

That's fine I won't say anymore I will just vote her in lylo tomorrow instead if we don't lynch scum today. Because that will make 5 players left with two being scum

If she's town she can only blame herself. Because scum will quick hammer her after my vote or if she tries to push for my lynch she would of put town into lylo

If she scum it will force a 1v1 on her which is a bad situation.

I'm like 65 percent leaning on her town and 35 percent scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:06 am

Post by boring »

Wow, I'm sorry if I said anything inappropriate or if I perosnally offended you. I realize this game involves an element of objectification (seeing other players as puzzles), but I clearly crossed a line for you to respond like that.

If you're town, and you think I'm town, please don't punish everyone else by playing against win our condition.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Pine »

Okay, I think I need to start playing this game again.

Pine - VT
Garmr - Claimed VT
Lil Uzi Vert - Claimed PR
nn30 - Claimed VT
boring - Claimed VT
Secret Agent Jin - Claimed VT
Kmd4390 - Claimed VT

Okay, eliminating LUV, myself, NN, and Garmr.

boring - Claimed VT
Secret Agent Jin - Claimed VT
Kmd4390 - Claimed VT

There are two scum in the above set. If one of the three of you is a PR trying to lay low, we can skip straight to lynching the other two for the win.

Looking at these three, my strongest scumread has long been on 1SVT, which boring has done absolutely nothing to redeem. I was thinking SAJ too, null on PP/KMD, but given that boring is going really hard for SAJ, I'm more inclined to think boring/KMD.

I'm up for either boring or KMD right now.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Garmr, your langauage was uncalled for.

Can do Jin, KMD, or Pine today.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm still only happy lynching secret agent.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”