JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8700 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 8698, Accountant wrote:@JaeReed: because the dog self-voted and started trolling the thread and I don't see why town would do that. it's not like he was frustrated town at L-1, he had like 2 votes max on him
I've self voted before as town without being run up because I felt like I wasn't being listened to by one person. Self voting is anti-town but not inherently scummy.

Is A50 the dog? Has he posted much?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8701 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8699, JaeReed wrote:
In post 8696, BigYoshiFan wrote:Also Jae, if it isn't too much, can you read the post after that too? I just want your opinion on that too.
Math is being Math. That's my opinion. The case and next post have good points but it's longer than I asked for. You don't seem particularly scummy from the little I've read.
You have seen me only at my worst JaeReed. Replace ins I can be great for town. That is the short version. That slot and Not Chara have practically been conjoined scumbuddies since D1. Saying I am being me sounds like you are already setting up discredits. Please don't be scum JaeReed.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8702 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh wait there was also the lovers game too where I got a scum but that wasn't a replace in. When I am outside looking in and then playing scum are much more obvious and I don't have to do annoying RVS.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8703 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Caught a scum*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8704 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 8702, MathBlade wrote:Oh wait there was also the lovers game too where I got a scum but that wasn't a replace in. When I am outside looking in and then playing scum are much more obvious and I don't have to do annoying RVS.
You mean the lovers game where I self voted out of sheer frustration that you weren't listening to me that Ircher/Yume couple wasn't conftown? And it turned out that it wasn't? And you were scumreading me for trying to convince you of that and then for self voting?

Yeah, you've seen me at my worst too. I do believe you're not a bad player, but you're damn frustrating to play with sometimes and that can make it hard to figure out if you're in a good tunnel or a bad one. (Like the one on Fire for wanting massclaim of lovers and suggesting a speedlynch)

This is what I mean by "Math being Math". It's essentially "I don't have the information to make a call on this besides yes, MathBlade is still in possession of their own account and posting."
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8705 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah I wasn't a replace in that game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8706 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

Have we ruled out the possibility of Maxous doing the nightkills? It would explain a lot of things, including but not limited to:

1) The fact that we have hit only Townies thus far.

2) The fact that the nightkills seemed random.

When the mass replacing happened, Skullduggery said that "there are at least two opposing factions that cannot win together". This is, obviously, a very broad sentence, but it doesn't rule out the possibility of Maxous being the only town-opposing faction up until his death.

What we know about Maxous's role:

1) He claimed to be Ascetic
2) He claimed to be a Roleblocker.
3) He shits a faction upon death (yes, I don't think we can dispute that).
4) He had a selection of game-affecting skills.

This role already seems overpowered for a regular third party. He is a faction-creating ascetic roleblocker that can mess with core functions of the game. Why would a role such as this be considered at all in the setup if it wasn't for the fact that it is the sole adversary to Town? Add to the role's features already described the ability to nightkill and you have literally a one-man scumteam. Also, the fact that details of his role weren't published could indicate that said details would actually help Town significantly with what is going on.

-------
I started thinking about the aforementioned possibility because literally I cannot scumread anyone in this game right now.

And while I cannot exactly townread BYF at this point with his previous day track record, I am troubled by the fact that nobody else claimed to be responsible for the absence of nightkill. If someone knew he/she/they were responsible, they should had come out and counterclaimed BYF.

UNVOTE:

Unless something significant happens, my vote will again go to BYF.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8707 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

From the first post:

Win Condition: You win when all non-Town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Town player still alive.

99.999999% sure since there is still a game there is non Town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8708 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by JaeReed »

The huge issue with that is the game hasn't ended with his lynch.
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8709 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:24 pm

Yeah, that is why Gaster's faction is created after Maxous's lynch but before his flip.

Maxous's role was "flipped" 24 hours after his lynch. First, the faction is created, then Maxous's "flips". Technically, this way, players have not eliminated all non-town players, in fact there is a 24 hours period where both Maxous and Gaster's faction are still technically "in-game". This 24 hour is neither daytime or nighttime, technically, so I doubt winning conditions would be checked, anyway.
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8710 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:29 pm

In post 8709, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:Yeah, that is why Gaster's faction is created after Maxous's lynch but before his flip.

Maxous's role was "flipped" 24 hours after his lynch. First, the faction is created, then Maxous's "flips". Technically, this way, players have not eliminated all non-town players, in fact there is a 24 hours period where both Maxous and Gaster's faction are still technically "in-game". This 24 hour is neither daytime or nighttime, technically, so I doubt winning conditions would be checked, anyway.
And also, you cannot check for winning conditions, without a flip, anyway.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8711 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:Yeah, that is why Gaster's faction is created after Maxous's lynch but before his flip.

God, for some reason my gut tells me you're town really strongly as I read that post. And I know there's like nothing backing that logically. Whatever.

So you have no real reads atm?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8712 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah I just had an insane Math question come into my head and I want to talk it out in the hood.

VOTE: Unvote
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8713 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

btw this is a quick thought that popped into my head while I was riding the train but do we have any confirmation that the wingdings messages aren't flavor/lies?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8714 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:14 pm

In post 8711, JaeReed wrote:
Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:Yeah, that is why Gaster's faction is created after Maxous's lynch but before his flip.

God, for some reason my gut tells me you're town really strongly as I read that post. And I know there's like nothing backing that logically. Whatever.

So you have no real reads atm?

No, I do not.

BYF was my only solid scumread, but after he claimed, it doesn't make sense that nobody counterclaims with the Jailkeeper alive, or at least tries to refute what he said. For every other player, there seems to be a "but" as to why they could be scum.
btw this is a quick thought that popped into my head while I was riding the train but do we have any confirmation that the wingdings messages aren't flavor/lies?
Per game rules, mod does not lie to us and I fail to see how the "A new faction has been created: MY FACTION" phrase is only a flavor thing.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8715 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

If a cult had always existed but then turned into a scum faction after Maxous's lynch it does but that idea came to my head in a sleepy haze. Would also explain the shit ton of town deaths and no scum lynched. Want time to think on this when I am not sleepy brain.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8716 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:04 am

Post by Not Chara »

the realization that i'd like to lynch Nahdia is more of an annoyance than anything else.
i've also decided to just treat Giovanni and his chain of confirms as town.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8717 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

Gio we spent a lot of time earlier discussing the "new faction" thing. The general consensus seems to be that there is both scum left over from pre-Max lynch and new scum by the cult thing iirc

Jae I would love your read on A50
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8718 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:12 am

Post by JaeReed »

He hasn't posted. I don't have a read yet.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8719 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8558, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8553, Narna wrote:Math switch back to a50
I scumread both. Why?

@JaeReed -- Hello. Word of warning lots of pages. You also have a PT with me and others. I think you might also have a scum PT too. That last one is gut.
math, you're overdoing it for realz. If he has a scum PT he already knows. It'd be in his role PM!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8720 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8560, Nahdia wrote:almost50: annoying dog that we should shoot. something happens to whoever kills/hammers them. apparently not a supersaint/bomb but, it will be annoying.
I'm neither confirming nor denying any of this, but I will speak from a theory perspective:

If "something happens to whoever kills/hammers them" is true, then why are voting me early? Why do you want someone else to "get annoyed", and precisely Ank (the one you said you wanted to hammer)??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8721 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

I think Nahdia is FINALLY giving some scum indicators. They want to rid themselves (and their team) from worrying about an Ank vig shot, so they're trying to get me lynched with Ank hammering so he will be the receiver of whatever effect Nahdia thinks my hammerer would be subject to.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8722 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8567, MathBlade wrote:...
Nahdia do math
. ..... .
I am not Chara
as I am Undyne.
OK, I'm SirCakez then. Cakez do Creeps. Now who is Gio?

Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8723 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:38 am

In post 8717, SirCakez wrote:Gio we spent a lot of time earlier discussing the "new faction" thing. The general consensus seems to be that there is both scum left over from pre-Max lynch and new scum by the cult thing iirc

Jae I would love your read on A50
Yes, I know. But I remain unconvinced about said consensus, that's all.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8724 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8581, BigYoshiFan wrote:I didn't even understand he was referring to the neighborhood. :facepalm:
Neither did I, tbh. I thought they were hunting for the scum team.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”