Newbie 1766 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 67, ThinkBig wrote:If you read the sample PM for Mafia goon, it clearly says they can only talk at night.
I suspect you read this out of YOUR OWN ROLE PM

VOTE: ThinkBig
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 75, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 67, ThinkBig wrote:If you read the sample PM for Mafia goon, it clearly says they can only talk at night.
I suspect you read this out of YOUR OWN ROLE PM

VOTE: ThinkBig
Reason??
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I suspect you read that the mafia have no daytalk in your own role pm. Did you read my post?
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 77, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I suspect you read that the mafia have no daytalk in your own role pm. Did you read my post?
I've played enough newbie games on here to know that scum team doesn't have day talk. Read the sample PM. You are grasping for straws in a very scummy way.

VOTE: ssbm
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I see
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

And by reason, I meant what reason do you have of suspecting that I read it in my own PM. Please explain that.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 61, ThinkBig wrote:VOTE: RB

Not even a full 3 pages in and we already have a player at L2. I don't like the way RB has been pushing for wagons. If he wants a random wagon, I am happy with this one. We shouldn't lynch without a cause.
You open the game by pushing for what looks like a mislynch to me. Wagons are a good thing, they draw players out of hiding and get them to react. You contesting "wagons" as a general idea and implying that the_end might be lynched in the same post while simultaneously voting for the easiest target on the wagon makes me think you are scum either trying to chainsaw defend for the_end because he is town and you want to pocket him later or because he is scum and you want the wagon off of him.
In post 63, ThinkBig wrote:
@MOD: Can you post your vote counts in green? It's very easy to miss the VC.
In post 66, ThinkBig wrote:There is no daytalk in newbie games.
Your next 3 posts are all informational and lacking any content.
In post 74, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 73, rb wrote:do u guys not think the_end is scum? :(
Why do you think he is scum?
Your last post before my vote confirms my suspicion that you have a reason to not want votes on the_end. I do not know the reason but suspect you might be scum, so I vote you.
You have a bad reaction to me voting you, so my vote will stay for now.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 73, rb wrote:do u guys not think the_end is scum? :(
What post of him that you did not like? I thought his #25 was weird. It can be interpreted both as a town or scum post. Is that what you noticed about him?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by rb »

He isn't even trying to put out content and his only vote is just a joke per his own statements.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by lucca261 »

his post about Sofiel is good though. it's like exactly what I was thinking.

but his #25 is concerning and it can be interpreted as either trying to throw shade at you to escape the pressure he was receiving, aka deflecting, or can be interpreted as pointing the unsound logic about his vote. I interpreted as pointing the unsound logic, but I can see how you interpreted that the other way.

--

english is not my primary language, so if there's some concordance problems, that's why.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by rb »

Sofiel ia alright in my books.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by rb »

I dunno, I don't see what you see.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Finals kicking my ass, will be able to play when I'm home tomorrow.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Sofiel »

My main scum reads atm are Friend Computer, the_end and Zekro. Everyone else is marked in my lil notebook as 'town?' lmao

I'm pretty sure that lucca isn't scum even though he's voting for me because if nothing else he's coming in with content to an extent - there wasn't any reason for voting me apart from agreeing with the_end, which I'd like to hear bc it'd help me make up my mind on him.

Friend has literally had no content up to this point tho apart from commenting on rb in #68 with stuff that's already been said before. Would really like to see something from them so VOTE: Friend Computer. Why shouldn't I keep my vote on you atm?
the_end and Zekro are following a similar route but they also have less posts and better content ratios as a result imo so I'd just like to see some more posts from them. So rather than Finger of Suspicion like... Toe of Interrogation? Sure.
With the ThinkBig/ssbm thing I feel like Think's reaction is pretty town-y bc it's emotional and ssbm seemed to jump on that pretty quickly/opportunistically so I'm ?? on both of you atm. I'm thinking it
was
scumhunting on ssbm's part tho.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by lucca261 »

A comment from you pinged me: "
didn't want to be part of a wagon on someone I wasn't 100% sure is scum
".

I just can't get why you had the need to comment that so early on the game. And then you go to be part of a wagon on someone who you aren't sure is scum.

We don't have a lot to work on, and this comment from you pinged for me. There's something about it that I don't like.

So what the hell you meant by that?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by lucca261 »

also, I hated ssbm vote. everything about it. to me, it seemed ssbm was trying to find a reason to park his vote on someone, and used the think comment to do just that.

was this a reaction test, ssbm?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

@Sofiel - I jumped on it quickly because he overreacted to what appeared on the surface to be a weak vote. I had a reason to vote him but decided it would be better to see what he would do if I poked him.
In post 78, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 77, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I suspect you read that the mafia have no daytalk in your own role pm. Did you read my post?
I've played enough newbie games on here to know that scum team doesn't have day talk. Read the sample PM. You are grasping for straws in a very scummy way.

VOTE: ssbm
This is not a townie reaction to a single weak vote. If he were town he would ignore my vote because it poses no threat to him, because nobody would follow after a weak vote like that. Scum, however, are very paranoid of being lynched and will sometimes overreact to these kinds of votes. I think this is what he did, and that's further confirming my feeling that he is scum, which is why my vote will stay.

pedit:
@Lucca - As for whether my vote was a reaction test: yes it was, but I had a real reason to suspect him, it was just a weak reason. I was just about to ask you what you thought about that exchange. Do you think ThinkBig has been so towny this game that my vote should not be on him?
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 81, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Your last post before my vote confirms my suspicion that you have a reason to not want votes on the_end. I do not know the reason but suspect you might be scum, so I vote you.
The reason why I don't want to vote for the_end is because I don't want to put someone at L-1 so early in the game. Random voting and even wagons are good. Putting someone at L-1 so early isn't.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 91, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:@Lucca - As for whether my vote was a reaction test: yes it was, but I had a real reason to suspect him, it was just a weak reason. I was just about to ask you what you thought about that exchange. Do you think ThinkBig has been so towny this game that my vote should not be on him?
He's extremely null for me at the moment. I wanted to know if your initial vote was just a reaction test or if you thought the exchange was scummy? So I'm assuming that your vote on him right now is real? I'm willing to sheep.
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Sofiel »

@lucca, that's fair reasoning. If you look at ThinkBig's post #61 that sort of reaction is one I didn't want to see go wider. Looking at their posts and using the same theories I've used on other reads though it's a pretty bad content ratio and something I'm watching. rb's not a definite town read bc if I was scum I'd encourage focus on that post's decision and support the person who made it because it would take attention onto someone else's opinion of me rather than my posts and #85 kinda shows that but I'd rather the wagon built on evidence rather than impressions.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 92, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 81, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Your last post before my vote confirms my suspicion that you have a reason to not want votes on the_end. I do not know the reason but suspect you might be scum, so I vote you.
The reason why I don't want to vote for the_end is because I don't want to put someone at L-1 so early in the game. Random voting and even wagons are good. Putting someone at L-1 so early isn't.
That's a good reason for
you
not to vote the_end. Nobody ever put him to L-1 though, so why not wait and see if anyone else will put him at L-1? Wouldn't that person look suspicious if they decided to run someone up to L-1 so quickly when the day has hardly even begun? What I don't understand is why you were trying to push a counterwagon on the easiest target on his wagon. It makes it look to me like scum!TB is either trying to pocket town!the_end or defend a partner
@Lucca - I thought there was a motive that may have been a scum motive when I read TBs posts. I decided to vote him, but instead of explaining I decided to test him with the vote. My vote on him is real, but if he's null to you why are you willing to sheep? That doesn't sound right at all, sounds scummy to me.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by lucca261 »

That's where the money is:

VOTE: Think

Good night guys, going to sleep.
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by the_end »

My impressions so far:

rb: Tending towards scum.
I haven't seen anything serious from him. Mostly just jokes, "lol random" comments and calling people townie and scum without reason. I sort of get the feeling he is trying to hide by shitposting so much (though this could just be his playing style). His comments suggest he wants an early lynch. I feel this is a scum move. As a scum he wouldn't care who gets lynched on Day 1 as long as someone gets lynched quickly so we can move on to Night one, where the scum can kill who they really want.

Sofiel: Tending towards scum.
Based on his unvote of rb. I think he was a little too quick to jump off the rb wagon. I think maybe he voted for rb to begin with to hide that rb and him are scum partners and then panicked when a wagon started behind rb. Could be something else too but the unvote has stuck with me as being odd.

ssbm_Kyouko: Tending towards Town
He seems to be poking and voting people simply to get a rise out of them to figure out what their alignments are.

Friend_computer, zekromaster, Aeronaut: Tending towards scum
All three have confirmed participation but seem to be intentionally not posting. (Aeronaut claims he has exams). They may be scum because by staying quiet they're not drawing any attention to themselves, just waiting for someone to get lynched. It doesn't matter to scum who gets lynched (especially on Day 1) as long as its not them. They're content to let us talkative ones accuse and lynch each other.

ThinkBig: Neutral
I was going to say town, but he got quite defensive when ssbm voted him, especially his counter vote of ssbm in #71. My impression is neutral till I see more posts from him.

Lucca261: Neutral
Mostly because he's scumhunting. His sheep voting on ThinkBig while having a null reading is odd. He went from "I hated ssbm vote. everything about it" in #90, to agreeing with him with a sheep vote in #96.

I think this is just rb's playing style, and I haven't made up my mind about Aeronaut, zekromaster and Friend Computer.

VOTE: Sofiel
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:51 pm

Post by Huntress »

*bumpity*
Huntress
Huntress