Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:35 am

Post by gerryoat »

@mod I'm not quite sure how V/LA works. But, i'm gonna be on vacation until the 8th of Janurary. So I won't be able to post as much until then. (I'll still check every day though.)
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 4012, MathBlade wrote: Rigging the 2 of clubs assuming you are telling the truth is not alignment indicative as the setup says they can shoot once in a day or night phase. So rigging one unless you have overwhelming evidence scum will shoot that cycle is useless. It will be if and when there is no kill from scum. (I am townreading Grey and really need time to go back and look more at Titus.)
No. Rigging the 2 of clubs disabled the kill for a day *and* the following night, and prevented a kill for D3/N3.
In post 4012, MathBlade wrote: Those cards together do not hurt Town or scum. They are passives.
Which cards are you talking about here?
In post 4012, MathBlade wrote:Also your logic on day two about me and that group is wrong. If you assume incorrectly my slot is scum then they would have a two out of three or 66% chance of hitting someone BP as I am only BP if the card shows BP based on the trump card. I don't know where you got that grouping.
I probably didn't make this terribly clear.
- Titus failed to pick the Jack of Clubs.
- Therefore two people above Titus in the draft - rb/Jackel/kraska/Maria/Vedith/Creature - picked it.
- Creature was already dead. Maria was scum.
- So for scum shooting D2, 2 of rb/Jackel/kraska/Vedith had the Jack of Clubs. Jackel had it, and was town. Your slot also had it.
- So if you are town, scum were shooting at a 50% BP (2 BPs in 4 slots). If you are scum, it was 33% (1BP in 3 slots, as you had the other). Both unlikely chances to take without a strongman.
In post 4014, MathBlade wrote:....There is no such thing as "revive in a protown way" or "townish". Either a person is or is not Town who does scummy or townie things.
Huh? If you pass a protown card to a known or very likely townie, that's reviving in a protown way. If you pass a scummy card to, say, McMenno, it isn't.
In post 4014, MathBlade wrote:Scum don't have fake claims yes but why the fuck do you contradict yourself. You say it is a townie thing but say if he didn't do it it is scum claiming so that action is really NAI.
We don't know who the two of diamonds is. Scum holding it might keep quiet, not save giga (a practically confirmed townie), and hope they could guess a fake claim later.
In post 4014, MathBlade wrote: We pick powers. A power is not alignment indicative. Scum can pick suicide if they know they are exposed so scum don't have to give credence to bussing. All of what is being suggested is just fucking horrible and scum hunting needs to happen. We need to focus on scumhunting. Experienced scum can and will bend mechanics to their will. I have done it before and do not want to see that happen this game.
I heartily disagree. Some cards benefit town a lot more than scum (the 2 of hearts being a good example. Suicide is another mechanic you've misunderstood, and is involuntary - can I suggest you read the rules?). These cards are more likely to be picked by town than scum. Some actions benefit town more than scum. These actions are more likely to be made by town than scum. In some cases, this information is very significant, and should affect our lynching decisions. Yes, scum can get towncred by helping the town. Better that than allowing them to act as scummily as they like and not get lynched because you can't use mechanics.

Of course we should be scumhunting as well - there's no information in the game right now that gives me a solid scumread I want to lynch on (though it helps a lot with PoE). The first thing I need to do is read the Maria wagons good and hard - that will take a few solid hours I'm unlikely to have for a few days (whereas the information-y thinking I've been doing today can be done in small bursts and is dead easy).
In post 4022, MathBlade wrote:So you want to mislynch me now instead of at LyLO? ...Interesting how you didn't have this theory until I replaced in and said my suspicions.
I have zero interest in lynching a beloved player. Do you disagree about LYLO? If you are town and we get to 3v2 (say) and trumps are spades, the 2 scum can vote for you and win the game as you are Hated.

As to why I've just brought this up - you may be able to tell from my recent posts that I've been revisiting the various claims and info in this game recently. It's worth noting that I don't actually think your slot is all that scummy overall - I listed your claim as "mildly scum", and aspects of Vedith's play (notably, ignorance shown while claiming) made me think him town. Though TBH I haven't thought about your slot much for a while.
In post 4023, MathBlade wrote:It also completely ignores what is on the rest of the card. Mafia kill disabler and JK. So you can't say someone is Town for having that then call me scum for it as well. This is blatant hypocrisy.
Sorry, I don't understand this at all... I haven't called anyone town for holding any card you have.
In post 4024, MathBlade wrote:Beloved roles are most often pro-Town. They are either seen in setups designed especially for them (so it is acceptable for their death to be a "punishment" for the Town) or in role madness games where skipping a Day phase is not a complete disaster.

From the wiki fyi.
This just clearly doesn't apply at all in a Pick Your Power game! It's about what roles
mods
make Beloved. It's very much not a protown power.
In post 4012, MathBlade wrote:This post is a lot of bullshit and it looks like this game scum are content to post words to look townie.
Does the above change your opinion? We may disagree about the value of card-based information, but I hope the above shows that I'm not talking bullshit about that information.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 4026, Fishythefish wrote:can I suggest you read the rules?
This excerpt from the above post sounds a bit arsey. It's meant in an entirely friendly way - there are some roles (loverise, suicide, kill disabler) where the first guess from the name isn't the actual power, and even the more setup-focused of us have made a few mistakes along the way. So if you are thinking about the setup, it's best not to assume anything.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4026, Fishythefish wrote:and hope they could guess a fake claim later.
No guessing involved - it's a neighborhood card so they'd have to claim 3 or 4 of diamonds or kill off the whole neighborhood
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4024, MathBlade wrote:Beloved roles are most often pro-Town. They are either seen in setups designed especially for them (so it is acceptable for their death to be a "punishment" for the Town) or in role madness games where skipping a Day phase is not a complete disaster.

From the wiki fyi.
Doesn't matter what the wiki says because anybody can pick that card/power - the mod didn't assign it to a specific faction
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@Dunn: Good spot on the neighbourhood making disguise impossible, thanks.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Fish i need your help i have a confession
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:44 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Better get on with it then. There's a mild chance I have only a few hours to live.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You're not dying lol
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Fishy

2x Mafia Factional-Kill Disabler [P] The mafia’s factional kill will be disabled for the remainder of the current kill cycle (if they haven’t used it already)

Please explain how my mafia factional kill disabler is less town than someone else's?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

When it is the same card. Will address the rest while not sleepy as fuck.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Ability* not card*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Post by Vecna »

@Giga I am also miller on diamonds. If you carefully read my earlier posts today i believe with that info you should be able to account for all diamonds now, no?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@Mathblade: the two of spades is a mixed bag. It has a very pro town element of disabling kills, and a very anti town element of Beloved. I've said:
- Your slot is mildly scummy for taking this in combination with Hated in the same suit
- I'm pretty obvtown for rigging a card to trigger only the protown bit (using my beta deck rigger ability on night 2)
I've said nothing at all about the alignment of whoever has the other two of spades, if it was even taken.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

About my confession...

Maybe i have a 2 of spades
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh, well you're obvtown then.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

More seriously: OK. You crumbed this at game start, IIRC, by saying you can't reach lylo or similar?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:42 am

Post by McMenno »

no. a card is not "obvtown" in the hands of one player, but "midly scummy" in the hands of another.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Fishythefish »

My 4040 was a joke (because it is exactly what MB was accusing me of). I don't think spyrex is obvtown.
Quipla
Quipla
Goon
Quipla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Quipla »

ATTENTION TOWNIES, Transcend has been killed Day 4. He was a
Townie
with the following cards:

Image Image

ALSO, the 2 of Diamonds was taken from the discard pile.

~~
In post 4025, gerryoat wrote:@mod I'm not quite sure how V/LA works. But, i'm gonna be on vacation until the 8th of Janurary. So I won't be able to post as much until then. (I'll still check every day though.)
Okie dokes, thanks for the heads up!

~~

DECK x 38 - TRUMP x 1 - DISCARD PILE x 23

DAY 4 VOTECOUNT #2

Dunnstral (2)
- McMenno, gerryoat
Fishythefish (1)
- MathBlade
drealmerz7 (1)
- Maxous
SpyreX (1)
- gigabyteTroubadour
Lil Uzi Vert (1)
- drealmerz7

Not Voting (10)
- -Grey-, ArcAngel9, Fishythefish, davesaz, Kison, Vecna, Dunnstral, SpyreX, Lil Uzi Vert, TheWayItEnds

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline is set for (expired on 2017-01-06 08:05:15).
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:39 am

Post by McMenno »

yes it worked good job guys
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@McM: who is that to, and what are you congratulating them on?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:49 am

Post by McMenno »

to my buds