Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:42 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

cicero wrote:
Vote Pwayne66

After thinking about it, I agree that Pwayne could be telling the truth - Jordan is clearly unconventional vis-a-vis roles - but Psychiatrist could be overpowered as well. I'm putting my vote back on Pwayne to even things up again. Curious to see what happens.

/Gets popcorn.

Skruffs has gone to ground.

Hackerhuck is V/LA for a bit I think.
i bet you after your vote, we will stuck here for eternity because no body will want to move their vote and hammer one of these two. What an interesting position!

Mod Edit

Vote Count

pwayne66- 4 (HackerHuck, Skruffs, Toaster Strudel, cicero)
ToasterStrudel- 4 (shaka!!, TheHermit, ChocolateAttack, pwayne66)

Not Voting- 0

5 to lynch

Deadline is tomorrow!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:45 am

Post by cicero »

Yup. But eternity won't last long. Deadline is what tomorrow? or the next day. What should we do, CA?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I felt that shaka was making an effort to be non-confrontational, that is why I chose him. Believe me or don't, I am at lynch -1 and don't need to fear an SK hammer. he/she will just wait until tonight. For the record, psychiatrist is a terrible claim for scum while a sk exists.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:49 am

cicero wrote:Yup. But eternity won't last long. Deadline is what tomorrow? or the next day. What should we do, CA?
Your question seem to imply some motive. What do you think i would say?

PS: i just did a points calculation for the class i bombed the final. i am think i safe. YAYAYAYAYAYAY!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:50 am

Post by cicero »

yeah. But I've never thought you were scum. I thought you were SK. In which case psychiatrist is a rather good claim, yes?

What are yor thoughts on Strudel's scumminess? Give me a % on scum vs. town. What do you think of her responses to your claim?

If she is the vanilla town you say she is, what do you think our best move is at this point and why?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:51 am

Post by pwayne66 »

oh and sorry TS, I missed shaka's post. It just seemed that you were intent that everybody on your wagon was either dumb or scum.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:57 am

cicero wrote:yeah. But I've never thought you were scum. I thought you were SK. In which case psychiatrist is a rather good claim, yes?

What are yor thoughts on Strudel's scumminess? Give me a % on scum vs. town. What do you think of her responses to your claim?

If she is the vanilla town you say she is, what do you think our best move is at this point and why?
is this post for me?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:59 am

Post by pwayne66 »

@cicero- Not really. The SK will kill me tonight scum or not. I'm dead.

TS's response has been extreme and unhelpful.

I haven't said that she is vanilla town. From a town perspective, I wonder if my lynch is the best thing. Like I said, I am dead tonight, you already have what little data I can offer. The chance that the sk will hit scum still exists. The way I see it, me going into tonight promises two pro-town deaths over night.

From my own perspective, I would like to keep playing and hope against hope that the sk misses sending in his nk.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

pwayne66 wrote:The SK will kill me tonight scum or not. I'm dead.
That's absurd. SK's very, very rarely win.

They'd love for you to find them, become townies, and win with a town in a fresh brand new doctor. Why would an SK target you? If anything, he should be sending you smoke signals so that you target him.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:04 am

pwayne66 wrote:From my own perspective, I would like to keep playing and hope against hope that the sk misses sending in his nk.
Are you hinting you want doc-protection???
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:06 am

Post by pwayne66 »

...can doc's protect from a lynch? In that case, yes I am!!
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:07 am

pwayne66 wrote:...can doc's protect from a lynch? In that case, yes I am!!
No... you said: "I would like to keep playing and hope against hope that the sk misses sending in his
nk
."

That's not asking for "lynch protection."
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:14 am

Post by TheHermit »

I wonder why no one has put forth the possibility that the psychiatrist
is
our doctor?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:15 am

Post by cicero »

TheHermit wrote:I wonder why no one has put forth the possibility that the psychiatrist
is
our doctor?
I wonder if I just caught scum rolefishing.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:20 am

pwayne66's choice of Night 1 target (shaka!!) because he "felt that shaka was making an effort to be non-confrontational" is not consistent with his posts about shaka!! during Day 1. To wit:

DAY 1
pwayne wrote:Shaka's case against kakeng seems solid enough though it is based on 2 main things:
1) BM's odd game play
2) Kakeng lurking.
pwayne wrote:shaka!!- same thing. admits mistakes when he makes them contributes ideas and presents evidence.
pwayne wrote:shaka!!- same thing. admits mistakes when he makes them contributes ideas and presents evidence.
Kakeng- Shaka's case carries some weight.
pwayne wrote:Shaka! and Cicero seem to have indicated they aim to avoid replacement.
pwayne wrote:Your vote is still on shaka!!. Do you still feel shaka is the most scummy player?
pwayne wrote:FOS to everybody not on the shakawagon. Trying to kill the mod is the scummiest of scumtells and there is no excuse for giving shaka a pass...
pwayne wrote:White, shaka!!, somestrangeflea, theopor_COD and ChocolateAttack all need to post something/be prodded/be replaced, so that we can get some fresh perspective here.
DAY 2
pwayne wrote:Shaka has failed to convince me to vote for HH
pwayne on Nov 14 wrote:shaka!!- Posting has dropped off. Remains tunneled on Borch/BM/Kakeng/HH. I don't think that this is scummy, but it isn't Very helpful either.
pwayne wrote:I have not voted for or expressed any real suspicions of Shaka either. Do you suspect that I am not considering him?
pwayne wrote:The FOS of shaka,[...] is kinda weak.
pwayne wrote:shaka- I was feeling pretty town about him. Now he is begining to seem a bit wishywashy to me.
pwayne wrote:[...]my evaluation of shaka, which does not say that I think that he is scum, or scummy, only that I think he is wishywashy (and that is based only on the last few pages), if I had to say one or the other, I would say town.
Not once did pwayne say complain that shaka!! "was making an effort to be non-confrontational"
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:29 am

TheHermit wrote:I wonder why no one has put forth the possibility that the psychiatrist
is
our doctor?
Actually, that's a good question.

The only true good use of a doctor is to protect a (1) claimed cop or, in the absence of a claimed cop, a player the doctor feels is pro-town, or may be a scum target.

In a mini, with few nights (and that's another reason why a psychiatrist role is so improbable), it's highly unlikely that the Psychiatrist will find his target. So in this regard, it would be a boring, long-shot of a role.

And the chances that he'd be able to turn into a doctor the next night, to protect a player, are quite small, and if it happened, he'd have a very few nights to play doctor.

If there was a psychiatrist (and I am convinced there isn't), and no doctor, then we'd be a doctor-less town, for all practical purposes.

I assume we have a living doctor.
We know we had a backup, he's dead.
A psychiatrist would be a third player with doctor potential, PLUS a chance to remove the SK and convert to town... that's waaaaaaaay too much.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:32 am

Post by pwayne66 »

TS wrote:Not once did pwayne say complain that shaka!! "was making an effort to be non-confrontational"
You are correct.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:34 am

Post by cicero »

So what will you say is someone hammers Pwayne and it turns out he's telling the truth. Oops?

Or will I just be scum then for being on his wagon? I mean it seems I'm scum no matter what Pwayne turns up as.

Do you think Pwayne is mafia or SK?

If I am NOT scum, do you think Pwayne is mafia or SK?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:47 am

cicero wrote:So what will you say is someone hammers Pwayne and it turns out he's telling the truth. Oops?

Or will I just be scum then for being on his wagon? I mean it seems I'm scum no matter what Pwayne turns up as.

Do you think Pwayne is mafia or SK?

If I am NOT scum, do you think Pwayne is mafia or SK?
Let's see. No. You're not scum no matter what Pwayne turns up as. Because:

If pwayne is town/SK, I'd tend to think that you're town too. Certainly not the SK.
If pwayne is mafia, I'd tend to think you're his buddy. Certainly not the SK.
I'd be shocked if you were the SK, cicero. Highly unlikely.

Now IF you're NOT scum, do I think Pwayne is mafia or SK? Hmmm. I have to twist my brain a little. I'd have to say leaning SK. Because if he is town/SK, I'd lean towards you being town. Your question is the reciprocal. I'm not sure if I am explaining it well.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:52 am

Post by cicero »

OK. so let's say Pwayne isnt scum but might be SK and that you are who you say you are a vanilla townie.

what about the guy in the game who has:

- Came into the town promising to be active and not flake out and kept that promise. Loves a challenge.
- consistently pressed irrational cases...
- but who doesnt have as kooky a reputation as you do for doing such things.(No offense, TS)
- came into the game suspecting Gorgon when few others did.
- has now gone to ground while you fight with Pwayne.

I've called him pro-town because he suspected Gorgon. Any interest in revisiting that player's play prior to deadline?

TS - Let's go back to basics. what did you say about scum's first three votes. If you look at Pwayne's bandwagon counts, Gorgon's interactions and people's interactions with Gorgon and Jester's death? What does it all add up to in terms of scum for you on a balance of probabilities.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:57 am

cicero wrote:what about the guy in the game who has:

- Came into the town promising to be active and not flake out and kept that promise. Loves a challenge.
- consistently pressed irrational cases...
- but who doesnt have as kooky a reputation as you do for doing such things.(No offense, TS)
- came into the game suspecting Gorgon when few others did.
- has now gone to ground while you fight with Pwayne.
Og - who that?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:02 am

Post by cicero »

In that part of my post I'm expressing my misgivings about trusting skruffs.

In the second part, I'm not leading at all. Just asking.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:14 am

cicero wrote:In that part of my post I'm expressing my misgivings about trusting skruffs.

In the second part, I'm not leading at all. Just asking.
I don't know, cicero.

But see:
pwayne66- 4 (HackerHuck, Skruffs, Toaster Strudel, cicero)
ToasterStrudel- 4 (shaka!!, TheHermit, ChocolateAttack, pwayne66)

Everyone is voting. So that both remaining mafia (assuming a threesome) and SK have committed to a vote.

(1) If pwayne turns out to be mafia (not SK), I would venture to speculate that the hesitated to vote for me and put me at -1 because his buddy was already on my wagon. Your quickie unvote of pwayne wouldn't look good, but the voting record is in your favor. A tug-of-war if you will.

(2) If pwayne turns out to be SK, I would venture that there is one mafia on my wagon, and one mafia on his.

(3) If pwayne turns out to be town, and I doubt it, I would venture that there is one mafia on my wagon, and one mafia on his.

Just a thought.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:18 am

Post by cicero »

All good thinking but not what I was asking.

I'm saying, just in case you are both townies and, let's assume for the sake of argument that I am too, could you have a look at the Jester evidence, Gorgon evidence and other principles you like to apply and tell me what you see.

Separately, I am asking whether you think we are all being played by Skruffs.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:54 am

Post by cicero »

Wow - I just thought of something.

Toaster Strudel makes a good point about the serial killer... maybe. This probably won't work but it's worth a hail mary play:

IF YOU ARE THE SERIAL KILLER AND YOUR NAME IS NOT PWAYNE66, COME FORWARD. LET HIM CURE YOU AND WIN WITH TOWN.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”