Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

We could set up a mega false dilemma. Something memorable, to teach the kiddies and future generations of scummers.

The SK needs for the psychiatrist to live.

Therefore, the SK should at the very least unvote pwayne and switch his vote to hammer me. That's the SK's only hope of winning the game.

Mod Edit

Vote Count

pwayne66- 4 (HackerHuck, Skruffs, Toaster Strudel, cicero)
ToasterStrudel- 4 (shaka!!, TheHermit, ChocolateAttack, pwayne66)

Not Voting- 0

5 to lynch

Deadline is tomorrow!

Sorry, but I did say final final deadline. Good news is, it's set for 9pm GMT. So you have practically another whole day to talk before night falls.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:20 am

pwayne66 wrote:
TS wrote:Not once did pwayne say complain that shaka!! "was making an effort to be non-confrontational"
You are correct.
Joking aside - an astute player will interpret the above as giving up, and a cryptic scum confession.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:24 am

cicero wrote:Wow - I just thought of something.

Toaster Strudel makes a good point about the serial killer... maybe. This probably won't work but it's worth a hail mary play:

IF YOU ARE THE SERIAL KILLER AND YOUR NAME IS NOT PWAYNE66, COME FORWARD. LET HIM CURE YOU AND WIN WITH TOWN.
BTW, shaka!! is online, but hasn't posted yet. Maybe he's thinking about it. He's weighing the pros and cons etc.

And another thing, cicero. It's not me you need to convince, it's one of shaka!!, TheHermit, ChocolateAttack. These are the players that can relieve us of the no lynch curse and help us eliminate the scum candidate. Work your magic. I'm exhausted...
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:33 am

Post by cicero »

Im not trying to convince with my questions. I'm using your brain to figure stuff out. I'm quite undecided on what should happen both before deadline and after.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:40 am

Post by shaka!! »

There's a part of me that wants to lynch Pwayne just to see if he is who he says or not.

But theres another part of me that says TS is desperately giving it her all to either not be lynched or be lynched and mislead the town tomorrow.

Yes that means I think she is scum.

I'm trying to weight the pros and cons TS, and I'm finding it very difficult.

Pwayne could be riding off our last roleclaim/modkill convictions in order to make us doubt ourselves and keep him around just a tad longer. Oh wait a second..

If Pwayne was false claiming the Psychiatrist to save himself from being lynched during the day, he'd surely be the target of the SK that night. So it would be a stupid role for mafia to claim. How ever if you are the SK and you have the balls to claim Psychiatrist then it could pay off very well if no one counter claims, which we can safely presume isn't going to happen.

This leads me to believe that Pwayne is either the SK or the Psychiatrist.

I would reread Pwayne looking for SK tells but I'm afraid I'd have no idea what to be looking for.

Toaster Strudel brings up a lot of points. Such as the SK wanting to be cured and not targeting Pwayne for the NK. How ever, no matter what the stats say, this is completely up to the SK as an individual (not a number from a graph) himself. So it would be a lot harder for me to go with TS on this matter because the possibility is still there that the SK will target the Psychiatrist, and imo is stronger than the possibility of him claiming and being cured.

If he claimed and wanted to be cured wouldn't he just be scum pickings for the NK then anyway?

I think I am going to be keeping my vote where it is for now.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:55 am

shaka!! wrote:If Pwayne was false claiming the Psychiatrist to save himself from being lynched during the day, he'd surely be the target of the SK that night.
Nooooo... the SK wants to win with the town. His chances are far greater than if he's playing alone. Also, if the psychiatrist cures him, he's joining a town that has still a doctor, and himself, the cured SK, is a confirmed townie to the psychiatrist at least, so the psychiastrist would protect the cured SK if the cop has died (and that's the case in this game).
shaka!! wrote:So it would be a stupid role for mafia to claim.
Not at all.
shaka!! wrote:How ever if you are the SK and you have the balls to claim Psychiatrist then it could pay off very well if no one counter claims, which we can safely presume isn't going to happen.
Indeed. He won't be counterclaimed, because that's a completely improbable role in a normal mini.
shaka!! wrote:How ever, no matter what the stats say, this is completely up to the SK as an individual (not a number from a graph) himself. So it would be a lot harder for me to go with TS on this matter because the possibility is still there that the SK will target the Psychiatrist, and imo is stronger than the possibility of him claiming and being cured.
The SK's ONLY HOPE (almost) is to be targetted by the psychiatrist. The SK's last target on the NK list is the psychiatrist.
shaka wrote:If he claimed and wanted to be cured wouldn't he just be scum pickings for the NK then anyway?
He'd be dumb to claim, but he'd have to hint. Because as a doc-protected confirmed townie, his chances are much improved over a lone SK.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:01 am

Post by pwayne66 »

TS wrote:an astute player will interpret the above as giving up, and a cryptic scum confession.
Really? I would say that an astute player would notice that this comment is yet another attempt to mock the intelligence, mental age and language skills of those that don't agree with you...

An astute player would do well to be wary any advice about interpretation you might be offering. Your track record leaves a lot to be desired, molecular biologist or not.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:06 am

Post by cicero »

We need to remember that town has a vigilante too. So

Cop
Doc
Vigilante
Psychiatrist(?)
Backup

That's a hell of a tough ass town, no?

vs.

Serial Killer
Three Mafioso
One is probably a godfather.

JordanA hasn't modded many games so it wouldnt surprise me if he loaded up the roles though. New mods love to give out candy. (Sorry to talk about you like you arent in the room, Jordan, but that Skitzer thing threw us for a loop)

Incidentally, when Skitzer died his pockets contained: "A few needles, some sneakers. and a baseball bat" but that's hardly conclusive. Also, big friggin' pockets.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:13 am

Post by shaka!! »

I'd be more likely to believe that the Psychiatrist is our doctor and that there is no Godfather.

If what you said were true, half of us standing before you would be scum. That's quite fun odds, don't you think?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:18 am

cicero wrote:JordanA hasn't modded many games so it wouldnt surprise me if he loaded up the roles though. New mods love to give out candy. (Sorry to talk about you like you arent in the room, Jordan, but that Skitzer thing threw us for a loop)
Grasping at straws?

Psychiatrist is too weird and completely inappropriate for a normal mini. He could have a tracker, a roleblocker, a reporter, a flavorfinder... if he wanted to give out goodies.

Psychiatrist is rare. Even in a large game. In a mini? I don't think so.

Anyway.

It comes down to CA, and theHermit. shaka!! already said he won't change his vote.

If there is no will from either of these to switch their votes, I'll just hammer myself. That way you'll know I'm a townie. And besides. I have very little faith in this town. This town deserves to lose. The scum deserves to win. And if the town can't get its act together and lynch the right player, I'll be glad to help the scum.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:19 am

shaka!! wrote:I'd be more likely to believe that the Psychiatrist is our doctor and that there is no Godfather.

If what you said were true, half of us standing before you would be scum. That's quite fun odds, don't you think?
That bit of stupidity does it. I will hammer myself in the next post.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:26 am

Post by shaka!! »

I'd rather play in a game in which I am not degraded by other players because I'm not at their level of playing standards.

Bye bye Toaster.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:37 am

How can you possibly believe the Psychiatrist is the Doctor, after everything I wrote about it?

The only logical action from your part, if you read the thread, is for you to unvote me, and vote for pwayne.

You can 100% certain that the Psychiatrist is NOT the Doctor. That's impossible. That would be soooo wrong. Sooooo crazy... It's sooooooooooo obviously a fakeclaim. I just bang my head. How come everybody doesn't see that?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:41 am

Post by cicero »

Oh I dont think the psychiatrist is the doctor. I think that idea is ridiculous.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:45 am

Post by cicero »

when exactly is the deadline Jordan? Date Time Timezone.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Skruffs »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
pwayne66 wrote:I'm the psychiatrist. Shaka is not SK.
Why did you chose Shaka?

PS I don't believe I've ever seen a psychatrist in a mini, let alone a normal mini.
Wiki wrote:The Psychiatrist is a type of Doctor that only appears in games with a Psychopath (the Serial Killer version). Every night, the Psychiatrist targets one person every night. If they target the Psychopath, the Psychopath is cured and becomes a regular Townie. If the Psychopath is cured or dies, then the Psychiatrist becomes an ordinary Doctor.
We already have a Backup, which is a teensy bit unusual and potentially powerful. To have a role that can dismantle the SK, turn him into a townie, and then gain a doctor, is WAY too strong for a normal mini.

Not buying it.

confirm vote: pwayne66
Pwayne, you screwed up. You didn't correct toaster strudel about your role.

HOw would you know that shaka wasn't the SK, how would you know you cured them? You seem to be inferring that your role is an investigative role, not the role that TS quoted. You never corrected TS, though. If shaka was the SK, would you have been notified, or would they jsut have became a regular townie?

your later 'hope' that the sk would NK tonight suggests to me that YOU are the SK.

Sorry I have been absentee, today, i was in an area with no cell coverage I have not 'gone to groun' by any means, though, i don't understand where that came from.

Does your role fit what TS quoted? If not, why didn't you correct her? I think you claimed "psychiatrist" but got the name mixed up with "FBI Agent".

mroe later, still at work
request deadline extension, three days worth

four pages in one day is a bit much to consider the game 'inactive'
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Skruffs »

Also, (I am not asking for a counterclaim by the doctor), but there was no 'items' left from the backup to indicate the presence of a fourth power role (dunno if that's been adressed)

Toaster Strudel, I am asking you as one crazy genius to the other, please do not self hammer. If you really want to aggravate the people you are not happy with, show them how good you are at the game by mamkign it to the end as a vanilla townie. Download "Eye of the Tiger" and play that in the background while you post, but we've had enough modkills/suicides in thsi game. I am asking you as a player who enjoys your playstyle to not hammer yourself, esp since i am 99% sure that pwayne slipped up on his scum and YOU caught it.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:11 am

Post by cicero »

I thought of the three items myself on Skitzer myself. Hence why I posted it them for people to look at and consider. That is a good point against Pwayne.

The stuff you and TS are speculating about with respect to psychiatrists do and don't do does not accord with my own limited experience. I don't think the role normally means that the psychiatrist remains uninformed as to the effect of his/her choices. This is what you appear to be implying. From another game I am in I can tell you that that supposition is incorrect.

A look in the Wiki suggests that an FBI agent is the counterpart to the cannibal role.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:30 am

Post by shaka!! »

Upon the recent posting, I'm asking that you unvote with me Cicero.

unvote:

Jordan I support Skruffs plea to extend the deadline by 3 days.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:32 am

shaka!! wrote:Upon the recent posting, I'm asking that you unvote with me Cicero.
unvote:
No reason for cicero to unvote pwayne66, he's on the right track. Strange suggestion.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:34 am

Skruffs wrote:[...]there was no 'items' left from the backup to indicate the presence of a fourth power role (dunno if that's been adressed)
That's one clever observation, Skruffs. You're absolutely right.

That's the kind of brilliance that renews my faith in the game.

*eye of the tiger, lalalla-alala*
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

I couldn't tell you, Cicero, I just think it's odd that Pwayne completely went along with TS's quote from the WIkipedia, when the other 'unusual' role (backup) definitely had a a mod-created feel to it rather than soemthing straight out of the wiki. He didn't comment on the flushing out of the flavor, which suggests either A) TS was spot on or B) Pwayne has no idea if she's right or not so is just avoiding the discussion. Both seem unlikely.

Nonw, why are you asking TS if my 'irrational' cases are scummy, considering that is one of the driving points behind the wagon on her? She's the wrong perso nfor you to be asking, I suspect, because if she agreed with you that it is scummy, she would be 'incriminating' herself. Sounds like an attempt for a last minute quicklynch.

A cop reveals information about the players they target.
A doctor does not reveal if someone tried to kill their target.
PWayne inferred that shaka is not the SK, which infers that he knows that A) Shaka wasn't the sk before last night (due to an investigation) or B) shaka was successfully 'cured', which again infers an investigation, or C) he 'protected' shaka from an SK atack last night, which is not possible since the SK killed (and not shaka).

It also infers that PWayne 'knows' he wasn't roleblocked, (Not that there is evidence of a roleblocker, and if there is, they are mafia(skitzer's clue), but with the town so powered, it's a possibility)
Again, the role TS quoted from wiki makes no mention of the psychiatrist knowing if he targeted correctly, BUT pwayne seems to have indicated that he KNOWS that shaka is NOT the sk, WITHOUT informing us how his role differs from what TS quoted.

Before you start, Cicero In Pants, This is not 'an irrational case. This is logic. A doctor does not know he successfully protected someone just because they didn't die. A doctor would not assume he had, anyways.

ALSO:: Toaster Strudel, you aren't supposed to talk about Dante's In Fresno outside of the game, period. Naughty naughty.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:45 am

Post by shaka!! »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
shaka!! wrote:Upon the recent posting, I'm asking that you unvote with me Cicero.
unvote:
No reason for cicero to unvote pwayne66, he's on the right track. Strange suggestion.
I just want to make sure neither you or Pwayne are prematurely hammered. That is all.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Skruffs »

Lastly: I am not tryign to take credit from Cicero with the items, he did say that before me, i just hadn't gotten to that part when I read it. That piece of deduction is all yours.

TS(I think) said that the SK will likely unvote pwayne to vote her, I think that mafia is also very likely to 'move their votes'. As long as the SK is alive, the mafia is going to try and keep town focused on the threat of the SK while they also try to root out the vig. Mafia can only win if both the vig and sk are dead, whereas the can outmuscle townies/doctors/psychiatrists at endgame. So killing the psychiatrist (if they believe pwayne) only hurts them, as it gives two anti-mafia nks per night (They want 0 in case i am being too confusing here). Mafia wants to keep psyche alive until he's cured the sk, then kill them both.

Unless pwayne can explain how he 'knew' shaka was not the sk or can show where you breadcrumbed 'asking' shaka at the beginning of the day, if shaka was 'feeling better' or whatnot, ican't believe the role.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

skruffs wrote:Does your role fit what TS quoted?
TS's summary seems pretty accurate. Why would I correct it? I know shaka is not SK because my PM informed me that <PARAPHRASED!!!!> shaka did not require curing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”