Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9950 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Because PV has a "legit claim" despite the fact it completely relies on revealed info and isn't AI
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #9951 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Nahdia »

your claim is way more legit imo...
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #9952 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Heh, tell that to the club on my wagon
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9953 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9950, SirCakez wrote:Because PV has a "legit claim" despite the fact it completely relies on revealed info and isn't AI
PV softed his role before there were any claimed dogs. I remember seeing it, don't remember where.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #9954 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i mean, we know for a fact cakez' role is legit. so uh.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9955 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

He's been passing out things, yes, but that isn't alignment indicative.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #9956 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Nahdia »

neither is PV's role.

-Zaphkael, 2020
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9957 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Got me there. I townread PV more though.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9958 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Right, Cakez definitely has the role claimed (I received an invention D1, so have personal experience of that); PV also almost certainly has the role claimed. I'm not sure that either role has a definitive indication of faction built into it (and nearly all the claimed roles are at least town-suggestive). Of course, if the scumteam is made out of converted players, they'd presumably still have their original, town-suggestive roles; come to think of it, looking at the power roles that seem to exist, all of them seem to be designed so that a) they're potentially useful for any faction (assuming multiball), and b) they wouldn't be gamebreaking in scum hands. (For example, look at how long Ankamius had to power up before killing; I think that slot's town, but if it hypothetically had been culted, it wouldn't exactly make the cult unstoppable.)

That said, one of the points against SirCakez is that the way he's been
using
the Inventor shots is flat-out weird. I don't think I've ever seen an Inventor focus the shots on one person before, even if they are bulletproof, and why would you give Bodyguard (which kills the user, if it does anything at all) to a townread? Meanwhile, we can't get this sort of read on PeregrineV because the role doesn't obviously do anything useful other than confirming itself; it's been used in about the most pro-town way possible, but that would have been both easy and fairly harmless to fake as scum.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #9959 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i disagree completely that the way cakez has used his role has been odd.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9960 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

PeregrineV has been prodded.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9961 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 7, Vote Count #10

Current Vote Count:

(5)
SirCakez -- callforjudgement, JaeReed, BigYoshiFan, Giovanni il Pellegrino, Almost50
(1)
Giovanni il Pellegrino -- Nahdia
(0)
MathBlade
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
Nahdia
(0)
callforjudgement
(0)
Ankamius
(0)
BigYoshiFan
(3)
Almost50 -- PeregrineV, MathBlade, SirCakez
(0)
JaeReed

Not Voting:
Ankamius

With 10 votes available, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

Day 7 Will End on Wednesday, January 11th, at 7 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2017-01-11 19:00:00)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9962 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9958, callforjudgement wrote:Right, Cakez definitely has the role claimed (I received an invention D1, so have personal experience of that); PV also almost certainly has the role claimed. I'm not sure that either role has a definitive indication of faction built into it (and nearly all the claimed roles are at least town-suggestive). Of course, if the scumteam is made out of converted players, they'd presumably still have their original, town-suggestive roles; come to think of it, looking at the power roles that seem to exist, all of them seem to be designed so that a) they're potentially useful for any faction (assuming multiball), and b) they wouldn't be gamebreaking in scum hands. (For example, look at how long Ankamius had to power up before killing; I think that slot's town, but if it hypothetically had been culted, it wouldn't exactly make the cult unstoppable.)

That said, one of the points against SirCakez is that the way he's been
using
the Inventor shots is flat-out weird. I don't think I've ever seen an Inventor focus the shots on one person before, even if they are bulletproof, and why would you give Bodyguard (which kills the user, if it does anything at all) to a townread? Meanwhile, we can't get this sort of read on PeregrineV because the role doesn't obviously do anything useful other than confirming itself; it's been used in about the most pro-town way possible, but that would have been both easy and fairly harmless to fake as scum.
Because giving a bodyguard to a scumread is worse. You give bodyguard to someone you think is a low power or VT role so they can die saving the high power role. It is swingy but that should absolutely be given to a townread. Hell given to me I could take the shot for the townie and no one die because I am infinite shot BP. Like a convoluted doctor. Focusing on a townread forces SirCakez if scum to give me the toys and the toys stay in Town hands. Never to go to scum. Therefore by lynching SirCakez we remove townpower indirectly.

How many toys do you have left Cakez?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9963 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:41 pm

In post 9962, MathBlade wrote:Because giving a bodyguard to a scumread is worse. You give bodyguard to someone you think is a low power or VT role so they can die saving the high power role. It is swingy but that should absolutely be given to a townread. Hell given to me I could take the shot for the townie and no one die because I am infinite shot BP. Like a convoluted doctor. Focusing on a townread forces SirCakez if scum to give me the toys and the toys stay in Town hands. Never to go to scum. Therefore by lynching SirCakez we remove townpower indirectly.
A bodyguard shot is entirely harmless in scum's hands; they can't usefully use it.
A bodyguard shot in the hands of an obvtown player is pointless, as they can't save another player without dying themselves (not even if they're bulletproof).
A bodyguard shot in the hands of a scummy-looking townie is very powerful; they can die in the place of someone confirmed, which has the same amount of power as confirming themselves (assuming the shot hits).
scum
town
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9964 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9963, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 9962, MathBlade wrote:Because giving a bodyguard to a scumread is worse. You give bodyguard to someone you think is a low power or VT role so they can die saving the high power role. It is swingy but that should absolutely be given to a townread. Hell given to me I could take the shot for the townie and no one die because I am infinite shot BP. Like a convoluted doctor. Focusing on a townread forces SirCakez if scum to give me the toys and the toys stay in Town hands. Never to go to scum. Therefore by lynching SirCakez we remove townpower indirectly.
A bodyguard shot is entirely harmless in scum's hands; they can't usefully use it.
A bodyguard shot in the hands of an obvtown player is pointless, as they can't save another player without dying themselves (not even if they're bulletproof).
A bodyguard shot in the hands of a scummy-looking townie is very powerful; they can die in the place of someone confirmed, which has the same amount of power as confirming themselves (assuming the shot hits).
Again. All these things I agree with so it is better to give it to a townread.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #9965 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 9953, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 9950, SirCakez wrote:Because PV has a "legit claim" despite the fact it completely relies on revealed info and isn't AI
PV softed his role before there were any claimed dogs. I remember seeing it, don't remember where.
Even if he does have that role, it's not AI.
In post 9958, callforjudgement wrote:That said, one of the points against SirCakez is that the way he's been
using
This doesn't make any sense.
I gave the BG to someone I thought was town who wouldn't be NKed, two things to a townread, and then an investigative thing to a obvtown BP. There's nothing weird there.
In post 9957, BigYoshiFan wrote:Got me there. I townread PV more though.
How? He's lurking his balls off.
In post 9962, MathBlade wrote:How many toys do you have left Cakez?
Dos, neither are super good tho
In post 9963, callforjudgement wrote:
Like I said earlier, I thought Firebringer was scummy town who wasn't going to be NKed. He definitely wasn't obvtown.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9966 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

Then we let SirCakez funnel his toys to me and then if you still think Cakez is scum lynch him. No reason to deny Town power because of a SirCakez scum read when he is leashed. If I ever don't get something I will be the first to vote hims.

The fact this wagon has except for some of the N clan the same people voting Creeps makes me hella suspicious of if. Would much rather want a PV wagon.

VOTE: Peregrine V
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9967 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

Furthermore if SirCakez ever visits anyone but me then SirCakez would be claiming scum. He gave me a way to verify him and I don't think scum would blatantly do that. As much as SirCakez pings me I don't think that SirCakez's lynch is the right one today.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9968 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:51 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

PV looks like desperate lynchbait. I don't trust you, so that answer doesn't satisfy me.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9969 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:13 pm

In post 9967, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore if SirCakez ever visits anyone but me then SirCakez would be claiming scum. He gave me a way to verify him and I don't think scum would blatantly do that. As much as SirCakez pings me I don't think that SirCakez's lynch is the right one today.
You do realise this argument doesn't work for anyone but you and Gio, right? It rather presupposes you're town, so won't be convincing much to anyone else.
(Additionally, if SirCakez is scum without a kill, or groupscum where a buddy can kill, verifying SirCakez's entire set of night actions wouldn't prove anything but that they were in fact the Inventor, which is fairly obvious at this point and doesn't need verifying.)

As far as I can see, you've spent the past few (real-life) days trying to deflect the lynch on SirCakez off tenuous reasoning. If you were townreading him, that's one thing; trying to stop the lynch of someone you think is a townread, or preferring the lynch of someone more likely to be scum, is entirely reasonable. However, scumreading him and yet trying to prevent the lynch, without stating good reasons, is problematic and makes it look hugely like you're scum together. It'd be as silly as lynching a townread in possible lylo.

Let me put things this way: it's only Gio's night result that's keeping me from voting you right now. That's how antitown I think you're playing.
scum
town
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9970 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9969, callforjudgement wrote:Let me put things this way: it's only Gio's night result that's keeping me from voting you right now. That's how antitown I think you're playing.
Also my sentiment.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #9971 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 9968, BigYoshiFan wrote:PV looks like desperate lynchbait. I don't trust you, so that answer doesn't satisfy me.
"lynchbait" is a stupid reason to townread someone. Just because he's a lynchbaity player doesn't make him always town.

See; street fighter mafia, where he lurked his ass off just like this and he was scum.

Like hell I could be considered lynchbait with how many times I've been mislynched.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9972 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9969, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 9967, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore if SirCakez ever visits anyone but me then SirCakez would be claiming scum. He gave me a way to verify him and I don't think scum would blatantly do that. As much as SirCakez pings me I don't think that SirCakez's lynch is the right one today.
You do realise this argument doesn't work for anyone but you and Gio, right? It rather presupposes you're town, so won't be convincing much to anyone else.
(Additionally, if SirCakez is scum without a kill, or groupscum where a buddy can kill, verifying SirCakez's entire set of night actions wouldn't prove anything but that they were in fact the Inventor, which is fairly obvious at this point and doesn't need verifying.)

As far as I can see, you've spent the past few (real-life) days trying to deflect the lynch on SirCakez off tenuous reasoning. If you were townreading him, that's one thing; trying to stop the lynch of someone you think is a townread, or preferring the lynch of someone more likely to be scum, is entirely reasonable. However, scumreading him and yet trying to prevent the lynch, without stating good reasons, is problematic and makes it look hugely like you're scum together. It'd be as silly as lynching a townread in possible lylo.

Let me put things this way: it's only Gio's night result that's keeping me from voting you right now. That's how antitown I think you're playing.

My brain is fried from about 4 hours of job applications but let me put this in the simplest way I know how.

I neither scumread nor townread SirCakez. I used to townread him pretty damn hard.

However I have others I scumread more eg PV. Since everyone is mechanically confirmed at this point except Nahdia which I hope will happen overnight I am forced to play on something I hate playing on which is gut. I'm a mechanical player by nature. Forcing me to be outside of that nature will always appear scummy.

SirCakez has been using his role in a protown manner and has been leashed. I will always write my logic coming from a me town stance because I am town. I cannot see a world in which I am not town because I am town. I can do small hypothesis from time to time as if I'm scum, e.g. if I'm scum why would I do this? But I can't not be town so I can't write in such a way that assumes me not town.

SirCakez if town is also leashed and forced to give all the toys to me and therefore we won't lose them. If he dies what he may think of as an insignificant tool may help town break the game. As soon as D4 hit people have been pressuring SirCakez right around the same time his role was revealed in the hood. This to me feels like a coordinated effort to get rid of a town PR. I has no proof I'm playing by gut but that's where I stand on it. PV IMHO is a much better lynch.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #9973 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 9972, MathBlade wrote:Since everyone is mechanically confirmed at this point except Nahdia
except for, you know, Narna's check.......

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #9974 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Which you seem to consider to be valid on others but not me. Because fuck me, right?

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”