Newbie 1767 | Winter | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:29 am

Post by EchoVision »

Okay, Im posting from mobile but I've got some stuff figured out. I've got two scum reads right now and it's on Huntress and SensFan. I have more suspicion on SensFan, so I'll start with him first. Towards the beginning of the game, SensFan decided to put a vote on Fred (who I have a town read for) due to a "Forced Post". The post was just a simple question on why somebody changed their vote. Nothing very forced about that IMO. That right there put a finger of suspicion on him for me. But it's his later posts that got me a complete maf read. Sens decided to hop on a wagon for Brie putting her at L-2(I believe) with absolutely no explanation. Yeah shit like that happens, but this struck me as very odd. The most suspicious thing for me was right after Loopdan used his fake guess shit. Sens said, "Wow. Guess that's that. Nice job loopdan." He didn't even bother reading the wiki or anything about it. He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end. I'm on my way home now, so I'll post the rest of my findings later. For now,

VOTE: SensFan
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.06

TheBrie
(3): Raskolnikov, Loopdan, SensFan
Loopdan
(2): TheBrie, Fredrick E Campbell
EchoVision
(1): Huntress, lucca261
SensFan
(1): EchoVision

Not Voting
: Selynee,
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-11 20:50:00)

Notes:

Last edited by PenguinPower on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Huntress »

@ Echo:
Have you ever been mafia before? If you have, can you give me a link to the game please?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 117, TheBrie wrote:If Huntress still suspects Echo and can explain why, I'll jump on that wagon. Something doesn't seem quite right.
Loopdan on the other hand is crazily confusing. I don't know what lying to a newbie about the game mechanics is supposed to achieve.
I explained it in , and nothing I've seen since has changed that feeling. But if you haven't seen that then you've no reason to sheep me; so why are you prepared to do so?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:52 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 125, EchoVision wrote:Okay, Im posting from mobile but I've got some stuff figured out. I've got two scum reads right now and it's on Huntress and SensFan. I have more suspicion on SensFan, so I'll start with him first. Towards the beginning of the game, SensFan decided to put a vote on Fred (who I have a town read for) due to a "Forced Post". The post was just a simple question on why somebody changed their vote. Nothing very forced about that IMO. That right there put a finger of suspicion on him for me. But it's his later posts that got me a complete maf read. Sens decided to hop on a wagon for Brie putting her at L-2(I believe) with absolutely no explanation. Yeah shit like that happens, but this struck me as very odd. The most suspicious thing for me was right after Loopdan used his fake guess shit. Sens said, "Wow. Guess that's that. Nice job loopdan." He didn't even bother reading the wiki or anything about it. He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end. I'm on my way home now, so I'll post the rest of my findings later. For now,

On a scale of 0-10, how likely is it that someone with a join date of 2007 believed there existed such a thing as a "1-shot game-end"?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:59 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Huntress-- Echo has one completed game on site. He was cop. I replaced in as scum near the end. My buddy (Dunn) fake-claimed a cop guilty in lylo. Echo had a real guilty on me, but we were able to turn the lynch on him for the win.

I think his posts so far are bad in a lynchbaity way. You better have something more incriminating than what's out there now before he sees a rope.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Huntress »

I'm aware of his onsite game and have already read it, and noted the difference in his play so far here. It's too soon to really tell based on that. But that is not what I was asking him about. Why did you feel the need to respond to a question that was addressed directly to him, not to you?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Loopdan »

I didn't answer your question. As you just said, "that is not what I was asking him about."
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:39 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 127, Huntress wrote:
@ Echo:
Have you ever been mafia before? If you have, can you give me a link to the game please?
I have not, the only roles I have ever been assigned are town variants.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:43 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 129, SensFan wrote:
In post 125, EchoVision wrote:Okay, Im posting from mobile but I've got some stuff figured out. I've got two scum reads right now and it's on Huntress and SensFan. I have more suspicion on SensFan, so I'll start with him first. Towards the beginning of the game, SensFan decided to put a vote on Fred (who I have a town read for) due to a "Forced Post". The post was just a simple question on why somebody changed their vote. Nothing very forced about that IMO. That right there put a finger of suspicion on him for me. But it's his later posts that got me a complete maf read. Sens decided to hop on a wagon for Brie putting her at L-2(I believe) with absolutely no explanation. Yeah shit like that happens, but this struck me as very odd. The most suspicious thing for me was right after Loopdan used his fake guess shit. Sens said, "Wow. Guess that's that. Nice job loopdan." He didn't even bother reading the wiki or anything about it. He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end. I'm on my way home now, so I'll post the rest of my findings later. For now,

On a scale of 0-10, how likely is it that someone with a join date of 2007 believed there existed such a thing as a "1-shot game-end"?
Exactly. You should know that there's nothing like that that would ever exist. Even if your join date was yesterday, you should know that. It's just way to overpowered and it shouldn't exist. That's why when you were so quick to jump on to the "good game, games over" train it raised many red flags for me.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:45 am

Post by SensFan »

Okay. So we agree that I for sure did not know that it didn't exist, and yet you think it's fishy I didn't check the wiki to see if it existed?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:03 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 120, Selynee wrote:I don't see the point in putting you at L-1 so early when I'm not convinced you are mafia. Also, I've never said I think you-Echo are the scumteam.

Do you believe Huntress is town?
Oops, I got muddled half way though about who I was replying to. I'm uncertain about Huntress. I want to know what she thinks is up with Echo. Giving no reason seems a little odd.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:14 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 124, Loopdan wrote:
In post 107, TheBrie wrote:
In post 103, Loopdan wrote:@Brie-- Why did you wait until after you checked the wiki before you voted me?
Because even if the thing existed you were still lying.
That wasn't an answer to the question.

You said I was lying in 96. But you didn't vote. Then you checked the wiki and posted 97 with a vote.

My question is why didn't you vote for me in 96 if you knew I was lying about the 1-shot Game Solve Attempt?
I misread your question. Though you said didn't instead of did and forgot my own order.

In answer to the real question, I was still trying to figure what had just happened. I needed the time to decide to vote. I'm still not sure you're scum though. That lie seemed a little too crazy.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Selynee »

Echo, even if Sens didn't know there is no such thing as "1-shot game-end", if he is mafia he would know that Loopdan was wrong about the scumteam, so the game wouldn't end.
But I agree that his vote on Brie is strange considering he accused Fred before this of quoting Rask out of context and ignoring the explanation for her vote.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:37 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 138, Selynee wrote:Echo, even if Sens didn't know there is no such thing as "1-shot game-end", if he is mafia he would know that Loopdan was wrong about the scumteam, so the game wouldn't end.
But I agree that his vote on Brie is strange considering he accused Fred before this of quoting Rask out of context and ignoring the explanation for her vote.
I don't follow where asking why someone (seemingly) purposefully ignored the reason for a vote is at odds with me voting for someone without immediately explaining everything.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:44 am

Post by Selynee »

Because if you believe he purposefully ignored the reason for a vote and quoted someone out of context, the only reasonable explanation would be that he did it to make Rask look bad. So, I don't understand why you would change your vote.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 am

Post by SensFan »

I moved my vote because I thought it was better-placed on Brie at the time, both because of her posts immediately before my vote and the fact I thought getting a wagon going on a new and skiddish player seemed like it would be helpful.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 128, Huntress wrote:
In post 117, TheBrie wrote:If Huntress still suspects Echo and can explain why, I'll jump on that wagon. Something doesn't seem quite right.
Loopdan on the other hand is crazily confusing. I don't know what lying to a newbie about the game mechanics is supposed to achieve.
I explained it in , and nothing I've seen since has changed that feeling. But if you haven't seen that then you've no reason to sheep me; so why are you prepared to do so?
I missed that. The reason I was willing to vote Echo on more evidence was that I had some suspicions. His sudden vote on my seemed a little odd. Immediately pulling it off again when I commented, is suspicious unless he really hadn't realized that out me at L-1 and didn't want me there. Which is possible, but he didn't really explain.
What he's since said about Sensfan sounds alright, though Sensfan's post 141 made a lot of sense too. So I don't have enough to change to either of them. Huntress, what do you think of Sensfan and Loopdan. I'm sure they're not a team, but everything else about them is uncertain.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 142, TheBrie wrote:
In post 128, Huntress wrote:
I missed that. The reason I was willing to vote Echo on more evidence was that I had some suspicions. His sudden vote on my seemed a little odd. Immediately pulling it off again when I commented, is suspicious unless he really hadn't realized that out me at L-1 and didn't want me there. Which is possible, but he didn't really explain.
What he's since said about Sensfan sounds alright, though Sensfan's post 141 made a lot of sense too. So I don't have enough to change to either of them. Huntress, what do you think of Sensfan and Loopdan. I'm sure they're not a team, but everything else about them is uncertain.
We want to hear your thoughts on people. Not Huntress' thoughts.

Take a stance. Who is most likely to be Scum based on everything so far?
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 135, SensFan wrote:Okay. So we agree that I for sure did not know that it didn't exist, and yet you think it's fishy I didn't check the wiki to see if it existed?
Okay, I understand where I went wrong with the wiki part. However, you obviously knew that it wasn't real as you had stated in your post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p8684744. So if you knew it wasn't real, what was the point in your post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p8681541? Something doesn't add up and I'm not sure which post you're lying about. But frankly, it doesn't matter. Scum read = vote.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 144, EchoVision wrote:
In post 135, SensFan wrote:Okay. So we agree that I for sure did not know that it didn't exist, and yet you think it's fishy I didn't check the wiki to see if it existed?
Okay, I understand where I went wrong with the wiki part. However, you obviously knew that it wasn't real as you had stated in your post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p8684744. So if you knew it wasn't real, what was the point in your post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p8681541? Something doesn't add up and I'm not sure which post you're lying about.
I'm sure you can do better than that if you try to think about why I might have responded in the way I did.
In post 144, EchoVision wrote:But frankly, it doesn't matter. Scum read = vote.
But of course you're not trying to deduce anything; you've made up your mind and aren't even trying to disguise it.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 80, TheBrie wrote:And now that three people have voted for me I'm a little nervous, because I'd rather not die just yet.
This admittance is actually pretty town.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

TheBrie confusion she's expressing now reads genuine even if a bit awkward.

Was still fidgety on entrance but that's not necessarily scum-indicative here.

Definitely starting to look game-solvey.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 87, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 72, lucca261 wrote:Happy with my vote staying on Frederick. I feel like he's not trying to scumhunt, just trying to appear active. His questions mean nothing, and he is clearly soft defending Brie here on this page.

With all this activity, why are you still voting Huntress?
My posts earlier were trying to get the game moving. My vote is still on Huntress because I still can't figure out who's scum.
If you're trying to figure things out you sure are being stealthy about it.
In post 122, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 95, Loopdan wrote:I just used my
1-shot Game Solve Attempt

Once a game you can message the mod and they will confirm or deny your guess at the scum-team. You have to get both partners right or they just say "You are wrong." So like you can't just get partial credit for knowing one scum player.

It's rare to use it this early but I thought I'd give it a try. Penguin confirmed I nailed it and he should be along soon to lock up the thread and post the game ending. But we can continue to talk during this twilight period.

gg
I'm town. I'm willing to give the wages for nonsense like this.
VOTE: Loopdan
I've got a heavy schedule every Tuesday(my time zone is GMT+8) from now on since school has reopened. So, I'll be getting reads and answering questions tomorrow.
Taking issue with something is one thing but this reads more like voting loop for saying something unusual rather than a judgement about how or why he did it.
Latter part of post implies you're getting reads tomorrow which implies this isn't really a scumread? Are you trying to "figure things out" or doing busywork?

OMGUS actually's okay in the context though.
deranged and incoherent
?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:09 pm