Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10050 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

Plus you're stuck with your bulletproof claim because it was claimed before you replaced in, so your third line means nothing.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10051 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 10026, MathBlade wrote:No matter what I say no matter what I do because scum are demanding Cakez and Gio you won't listen. I suggest PV miraculously the lynch always falls to someone else. It really doesn't matter because no one gives two shits you all want this game to be over instead of lynching scum.
Welcome to my fucking world.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10052 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 9960, Skullduggery wrote:
PeregrineV has been prodded.
Received. Will stop by later tonight to catch up.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10053 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10049, Ankamius wrote:
In post 10022, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10012, Ankamius wrote:Mathblade, here's the thing.

Each investigative role we have this game is nerfed heavily in some way.
My role is a confirmed killing role,
which is an investigative role
You are claiming to be a bulletproof townie.

Do you see how that doesn't make sense with the rest of the setup?
Killing roles are killing roles.

Investigative roles are ones like cop watcher.

And I am claiming it because it is true numb nuts. If I was scum I would come up with a better claim like I did in Shadowrun Mafia when I was Alien instead of JK.
The only thing different between cops and vigilantes is that vigilantes don't have to claim to give their results and the results can't be doubted in exchange for their target being out of the game.

Vigilantes
are
an
investigative
role
Vigs are not investigative. They leave corpses. Investigation is one that gives feedback. Saying a vig is investigative is like saying Supergirl's eye rays are investigating the internal structure of a building. What do you mean the building collapsed? Supergirl was investigating it. In reality their X ray vision is the investigation took.

Cracking open an egg to see if the yolk is intact is not an investigative role.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10054 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10051, Ankamius wrote:
In post 10026, MathBlade wrote:No matter what I say no matter what I do because scum are demanding Cakez and Gio you won't listen. I suggest PV miraculously the lynch always falls to someone else. It really doesn't matter because no one gives two shits you all want this game to be over instead of lynching scum.
Welcome to my fucking world.
Your world is not based in logic. It is like the entire game decided "Let's not play mafia today"
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10055 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10052, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 9960, Skullduggery wrote:
PeregrineV has been prodded.
Received. Will stop by later tonight to catch up.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10056 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Math:

I'm more conf than you are right now, and I'm less killable too. Even a strongman won't dare shoot me unless it was
the
shot that wins them the game.

If there's a strongman in this game they can kill you and lose nothing. If they kill ME though they lose their strongman ability if not their ability to shoot to begin with.

And not "everybody" said you were Town, and EVEN if they did (which they DID NOT) that does NOT make you conf Town so stop using these two terms interchangeably.

Now you have received TWO gems already, yes?? Let Cakez give his weaker tows to someone else.. if he is not lynched today that is.

You seem to be missing an essential concept here: Your views are not more important/accurate than mine. Your vote is not worth more than mine. I refuse to be a sheep under your leadership. I will always follow the majority, but will never follow the dictator.

So, Cakez is our lynch as a primary request.
As a secondary/back up -in case he is not lynched- he does NOT give you anything. I'm fine with him giving it to anyone else.. and even giving it with announcing it beforehand is good enough for me, but you IN PARTICULAR I won't accept.

Now, do we understand each other?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10057 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9986, MathBlade wrote:Corrections then you want Gio lynched. The only way I am not scum is with Gio.
Again we are on the same fucking day as Math is town posts both of you have made.

Misreading me is ridiculous ATM but if you are at least be smart about it.
You could be, you know .. a GODFATHER.

I don't see why Nahdia could be that but you can't. If it's a valid reason to suspect Gio's results then it applies to all his targets, not to one in particular.

You're back to being scum with Cakez.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10058 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10002, JaeReed wrote:If you are not town then 100% Gio is not town unless you flip godfather.
Boy, am I glad someone else said the same thing. Math's "concrete information" is a pile of rubble at best.

Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10059 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 7, Vote Count #12

Current Vote Count:

(4)
SirCakez -- callforjudgement, JaeReed, Giovanni il Pellegrino, Almost50
(0)
Giovanni il Pellegrino
(2)
MathBlade -- BigYoshiFan, MathBlade
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
Nahdia
(0)
callforjudgement
(1)
Ankamius -- Nahdia
(0)
BigYoshiFan
(2)
Almost50 -- PeregrineV, SirCakez
(0)
JaeReed

Not Voting:
Ankamius

With 10 votes available, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

Day 7 Will End on Wednesday, January 11th, at 7 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2017-01-11 19:00:00)

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10060 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by JaeReed »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p8094547

Fun fact. I self voted in this game out of frustration with Math saying a pair was conftown based off an early wagon (pair had one scum in it) and this was the response Math had to me trying to get them to flip my slot (since they were apparently pretty sure one of me/Fire was scum and we were lovers.

Guess why I don't give a shit about them doing it here. Yeah, I'm petty like that (also I believe they said Nahdia was conftown if there was scum in the Yume/Ircher pair... which they said was conftown based off a wagon being run up on Ircher early game... scum was Yume/Nahdia/tne).

That said, I want a Cakez lynch. Rereading bits of this game just reminded me how off Math can be as town so they might not necessarily be scum.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10061 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10034, Nahdia wrote:Yoshi you're misrepping like a machine. Could you please actually make sure you understand the full context of the posts you're nitpicking before you do this? It's just causing unneeded frustration.
His post was not a misrep.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10062 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10025, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore you are threatening to lynch the goddamn person with a toy that could blow this game open simply because I won't lynch SirCakez. I could have hammered him a billion times over but no one has given a goddamn reason why Cakez is scum other than "dayplay" or "gut" or "scumread". This is some of the worst mafia play I have seen. It disgusts me.
You might want to try some of your own medicine here. YOU have NOT given a GODDAMN REASON why ANYONE is scum other than "I have a theory" and "I'm a good scum hunter".

BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10063 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

VOTE: SirCakez
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10064 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

In post 10018, Ankamius wrote:How is Giovanni's role heavily nerfed?
1) Even Night only.

2) Weak (yes it is both a pro and a con).

3) Uncertain results unless it targets someone who used their active ability that night.

If anything, Narna's role was more powerful than mine in a vacuum as it's only limitation was the uncertainty of the result. The fact that everyone progressively roleclaimed and made me capable of confirming whether I was messed with or not (and thus confirming alignments thanks to the weak modifier) is not something that should be attributed to the role.

The circumstances made the role powerful.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #10065 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 10057, Almost50 wrote:You could be, you know .. a GODFATHER.

I don't see why Nahdia could be that but you can't. If it's a valid reason to suspect Gio's results then it applies to all his targets, not to one in particular.

You're back to being scum with Cakez.
Huh, a) I hadn't considered that earlier, b) that makes a huge amount of sense. Skullduggery's answer to questions about roles is nearly always "read the wiki page", and the role often seems to turn out to be some weird combination of things mentioned on the page rather than the Normal variant. Just look at the wiki page Godfather; the role has two variants, one which is investigation-immune, one which is bulletproof, and the page outright states that they're often combined. "Alternatively to the above, some moderators take the concept of investigation immunity to make Godfather immune to some other investigation role instead of Cop." is vague enough to make it at least excusable for it to dodge Gio's role (and in fact, given what happened with Shiro, I'd say it's rather more likely than 50% that a Weak role wouldn't die upon targeting a Godfather in this game, regardless of what happened earlier).

In other news, despite MathBlade's claims, I've given plenty of reasons why SirCakez is scum (it's much of my recent ISO). There are also plenty of reasons why MathBlade is likely to be scum, and I could certainly be persuaded to move (although whether I do depends partly on who ends up on the wagon and on how good their reasoning is for joining). FWIW, I suspect the SirCakez lynch is easier, but if enough people off the SirCakez wagon (that I'm not scumreading) think it's a bad idea, I'll defer to them and move.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10066 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by JaeReed »

cfj, that game I linked is key to understanding how badly Math can confbias and be stubborn about something as town, regardless of whether they are right or wrong.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #10067 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Nahdia get off your cruddy Ank vanity wagon pls
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #10068 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Would you rather I vote you?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #10069 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Not really lol
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10070 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

V/LA the rest of today,tomorrow, and the following day

Helping a friend move. Probably will be able to post if lucky just no where near as active.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10071 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 10053, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10049, Ankamius wrote:
In post 10022, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10012, Ankamius wrote:Mathblade, here's the thing.

Each investigative role we have this game is nerfed heavily in some way.
My role is a confirmed killing role,
which is an investigative role
You are claiming to be a bulletproof townie.

Do you see how that doesn't make sense with the rest of the setup?
Killing roles are killing roles.

Investigative roles are ones like cop watcher.

And I am claiming it because it is true numb nuts. If I was scum I would come up with a better claim like I did in Shadowrun Mafia when I was Alien instead of JK.
The only thing different between cops and vigilantes is that vigilantes don't have to claim to give their results and the results can't be doubted in exchange for their target being out of the game.

Vigilantes
are
an
investigative
role
Vigs are not investigative. They leave corpses. Investigation is one that gives feedback.
Corpses tend to give information on their former alignment + role, so basically corpses = feedback.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10072 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 10064, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
In post 10018, Ankamius wrote:How is Giovanni's role heavily nerfed?
1) Even Night only.

2) Weak (yes it is both a pro and a con).

3) Uncertain results unless it targets someone who used their active ability that night.

If anything, Narna's role was more powerful than mine in a vacuum as it's only limitation was the uncertainty of the result. The fact that everyone progressively roleclaimed and made me capable of confirming whether I was messed with or not (and thus confirming alignments thanks to the weak modifier) is not something that should be attributed to the role.

The circumstances made the role powerful.
If what I'm suspecting is true, then everyone's being misled about the power of their role and each role is in fact significantly weaker than it seems.

Trusting what our roles say has yet to net us any scum, but it has netted us a few town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10073 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

BigYoshiFan: Do you have anything related to your role outside of the one-shot all-doctor?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10074 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Besides the non-hammer part.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”