Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

No. not ignored.
I have thought about using the lurking town in the future to even see if I can get sone reactions and reads. New thing I want to try.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Why? I'd only do that if it gave me good reads this game. Doesn't seem like it's garnered anything for you thus far so why is that a potential strategy in the future?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Because I have never done it and it sounded fun to try. You also keep assuming I didn't pick up on anything from it.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by nydushermain »

What did you pick up then?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

D1 there was two people who never voted this slot. One replaced out and the other was Account. Very first D2 without any new information comes out and votes this slot. That was strange to me, caused me to look through his ISO more. Because of that I am sure I found scum.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by nydushermain »

What about people who did vote your slot? Did you think that people had good reasons for doing so? Because if you're thinking "town what he hell are you doing?" then the first thing that comes to my mind isn't "hey, let's look at my nonvoters to find a mafia," the first thing that comes to my mind is "people are being so stupid voting on me, not everyone can be town."
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Everyone who did vote had the same reason. All of them can't be scum.
When I first found out I was coming into this game I look and see that I was already been put up quickly. The first thing I did before reading was a quick look at the votes. Why did this person automatically put me up so fast D2. That drew my intention. After the read through I didn't see any votes from slot so I reread that ISO first.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1231, Srceenplay wrote:Everyone who did vote had the same reason. All of them can't be scum.
When I first found out I was coming into this game I look and see that I was already been put up quickly. The first thing I did before reading was a quick look at the votes. Why did this person automatically put me up so fast D2. That drew my intention. After the read through I didn't see any votes from slot so I reread that ISO first.
That's not true o.O . Some people voted on D1 to prod, I wanted to vote because of PoE and frustration, etc.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Did any vote on your slot seem opportunistic? Odd? Particularly weirdly timed?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1232, nydushermain wrote:
In post 1231, Srceenplay wrote:Everyone who did vote had the same reason. All of them can't be scum.
That's not true o.O . Some people voted on D1 to prod, I wanted to vote because of PoE and frustration, etc.
That not what I was trying to say. I should have previewed post first. Out of everyone who voted no one seemed to do it suspiciously. They were all the same.

I can see why people would have been frustrated. I think it's dumb to vote because lack of information when you have other choices to vote with information. It would have caused a ML and I have also seen before it cause a ML. I don't agree with that tactic.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1233, nydushermain wrote:Did any vote on your slot seem opportunistic? Odd? Particularly weirdly timed?
Yes Account voting D2 when not voting D1 seemed weird.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Accountant voted on me and then voted on alisae. These were people accountant claimed were scum. Is it weird that accountant had no read on your slot and chose not to vote on your slot d1? I can see town!accountant voting on his scum reads which is why he can't just randomly vote on a lurker who has done (in my opinion) nothing alignment indicative. Then, on day 2, after people start falling into his null list (myself included), then he puts a vote on someone because he doesn't have any hard scum?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by nydushermain »

That's not an accusation against you btw, that's a theory up for discussion if that's what's making you scumread him.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Ramcius »

Accountant said he voted DBW cause of PoE, he was only scumread - DBW

Personally i wanted lynch DBW on D1 not cause i scumread, but since we failed find good scumread i was ok with cutting dead weight, and D2 was too late, we are 1 lynch from LyLo

Also, Nyd, can you explain your DBW scumread? And i don't accept lurking as scum confirmation
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Sane thing as you ramcius. No hard scum read. Mostly PoE and deadweight.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by nydushermain »

His attempts to "catch up" were also... really weak
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Also, what if I had him as scum for lurking? What can't you accept about that?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Ramcius »

Cause lurking is NAI, and we had 3 lurkers that got replaced, DBW just lasted longest, so why not suspect Kyo for that matter too? DBW i saw as bored VT rather than a scum, and Srceenplay gives me town impression
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I read ssbm towny as well as mewtaph
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

Honestly I belive that DBW just got in our way of actually finding good targets. He was the main topic for too long and even now is used as an argument. I don't belive I ever got to pursue DBW even tho I did see him as a possible scum and lynch target tho not a good one. How about the change in playstyle of Accountat during day 1? We accused him of asking too many question and not doing anything with them. So what does he do? He leaves the asking questions thing completely and starts being somewhat aggressive to nyd. But in the end seeing that his lynch target won't happen, he just got into his shell and eventually hopped in to say how important it is for Alisae to be lynch. During Day 2 it has been juch of the same. He has been even more in the shadows.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 1225, Srceenplay wrote:No. not ignored.
I have thought about using the lurking town in the future to even see if I can get sone reactions and reads. New thing I want to try.
Oh, so here is where you got that stupid idea from.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:52 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1243, nydushermain wrote:I read ssbm towny as well as mewtaph
so, you had townread on Mewtaph despite he had quite few messages and was lurking, but you scumread DBW for lurking? and also we got another lurker slot lynched D1, and that flipped VT, so your logic hold no water so to say

I can't remember, it was you, who defended against my accusations telling i should see that town could do things i called scumslips too, not just scum? Or it was Charloux?

Also, could you tell me why you so aggressive tell people they should read you as a town? Cause i saw that 2 times already on D2
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:36 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1246, Ramcius wrote:
so, you had townread on Mewtaph despite he had quite few messages and was lurking, but you scumread DBW for lurking? and also we got another lurker slot lynched D1, and that flipped VT, so your logic hold no water so to say

I can't remember, it was you, who defended against my accusations telling i should see that town could do things i called scumslips too, not just scum? Or it was Charloux?

Also, could you tell me why you so aggressive tell people they should read you as a town? Cause i saw that 2 times already on D2
1. I townread mewtaph because his content was towny, regardless of whether or not he had low activity. DBW did nothing that I thought was particularly alignment indicative in his posts. I don't scumread DBW for lurking. I just don't townread him so he's in my PoE. I never said I scumread anyone for lurking.... Reread perhaps?

2. Don't know what this is about

3. Quote them
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

I like discussion and all, but why is this the topic?

Ram you trying to make a case on nyd maybe?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:14 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1247, nydushermain wrote:
In post 1246, Ramcius wrote:

1. I townread mewtaph because his content was towny, regardless of whether or not he had low activity. DBW did nothing that I thought was particularly alignment indicative in his posts. I don't scumread DBW for lurking. I just don't townread him so he's in my PoE. I never said I scumread anyone for lurking.... Reread perhaps?

2. Don't know what this is about

3. Quote them
In post 1241, nydushermain wrote:Also, what if I had him as scum for lurking? What can't you accept about that?
this, and my point is that lurking is NAI, and at this point we have replacement of DBW, but you insist on your DBW read, instead doing read on his replacement, and all you say is lurking to scumread him
In post 1248, Pepchoninga wrote:I like discussion and all, but why is this the topic?

Ram you trying to make a case on nyd maybe?
Not really, but we still don't know second scum, and Nyd can be it, Acc pointed out Gamma's defense on Nyd, thus trying portray Nyd as town from Gamma defending Nyd for his reactions, and he's only Acc townread besides me, also, he was on both wagons D2

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”