Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:15 am

Post by nydushermain »

I didn't give intent. Just that it was tempting
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:07 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1275, nydushermain wrote:I didn't give intent. Just that it was tempting
who you want lynch then?
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:34 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1250, Accountant wrote:
In post 1174, Srceenplay wrote:Don't put words in my mouth. I don't say it means you are a team.
I said it sounds weird and then asked a question
I think it's pretty clear that when you say "is this a slip implying you two are buddies" you're trying to imply that we're a team together.
No. my post was typed wrong and your "quotes" are wrong. My statement is in bold. I'm on mobile and couldn't figure out how to get other post in this but if you go back and look it is a question. I just had to many "you's and are's".
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Srceenplay »

@ Account in another post you said gama is your townest scum. Didn't you have a discussion with NY about picking one and taking a stance?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:23 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1276, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1275, nydushermain wrote:I didn't give intent. Just that it was tempting
who you want lynch then?
Hard question. I'm okay with any of screenplay, pep, and accountant being the lynch for today for now. It feels like pep is the scummiest of the three to me, followed by accountant, but I'd have to reread. I think that it's probably going to be between the two unless screenplay does something absolutely scummy out of the blue.

I say that pep feels the scummiest but that's because of day 1 and what I've read before going off on vacation. When I stop feeling lazy, I'm going to look at their argument on day 2 and see who's townier in my eyes.

My current list is something along the lines of:

Towny: Gamma, Ramcius, SSBM
Neutral: Screenplay
Scummy: Pep, Accountant (ish?)

I'm finding it easier to be confident on my town this game more than my scum it appears although I guess that's only natural since there's more town than scum...

For the record Ramcius, I'm mostly town reading you atm off one post you made day 1 so when you say things like "why aren't people acting towny," try taking a step back and thinking "am I sounding towny?" I feel like a lot of your pushes are so awful. That's not saying that you're not pushing on scum because I think there's a good chance that some of your nonsense accusations have managed to make contact with something scummy but your reasoning.... geez....

Gamma I might actually need to reconsider. I've mostly been ignoring him since he's felt more passive town to me but I think he's been pushing on someone today? His posting density is just so low it's hard to really keep up. Either way, townie points for him for defending me day 1.

SSBM seems like he's trying to do something? I think it's a very odd strategy as scum!ssbm to try to go after me after people have come out in the beginning of the day and said that I was very towny (them being gamma and accountant). If he is scum, it seems like it's an obviously futile lynch? Kinda like that he's going for worlds of 2 and trying to lynch me off me overlapping. I think that's a townie train of thought but he's barking up the wrong tree and is going to waste a lot of time and energy if he continues on this path. I'd probably think he was a bit scummier tbh if he wasn't in mewtaph's slot.

I'm going to agree with Ramcius in that screenplay does sound somewhat townie but I feel like with the little posts he's made thus far and the limited interactions he's had, it's really easy to be read town (imo) as a replacement because you're just coming in with a fresh perspective. If he's scum, he hasn't had to have a consistent plan. He hasn't had as many posts as we have to make potential fuck ups. That's why he's in neutral for me for now and I do think that he's done a couple of odd things?

I'm kinda swinging accountant from scum to neutral to scum to neutral back and forth. You guys should know by now why I scumread him initially as it was the subject of half the thread. I thought that my case wasn't actually as strong as I had perceived because my strongest reason for scum reading him was based on meta but after rereading his past games, it didn't seem too telling so I put him in neutral because I didn't want to deal with rereading the like 40 pages of us two arguing. I think that pep or whoever it is that said it was right though. I think that accountant's scum read on alisae was really odd. Really sudden change of heart. I feel like accountant might have just been ignoring what alisae was saying? Because I was convinced by his case on himself being town. Something along the lines of "why would I act as arbitrator for you two if I'm scum and you two are TvTing?" blah blah. I feel like any reasonable player, especially one that's experienced should've read him town? Eh.

Pep I'm probably going to have to reread but I think that his reaction to alisae's push was not normal? It was like an extreme OMGUS. Not really sure on this one but he didn't really project towniness to me during day 1 aside from his initial scum read on accountant which could be wrong.

If we're constructing potential worlds, I can only see a clear connection between pep and accountant being scum partners because of what I said before. Scum!acc is vs me, town!nyd, and if I get lynched, the person who was number one on my lynch list was scum!acc so once I flip, scum!acc looks hella scummy. Then, town!ali joins the game and scum reads scum!pep. Both town!ali and scum!acc are on me. However, town!ali still wants to lynch scum!pep right after me regardless of my alignment flip. Then, scum!acc decides "let's kill town!ali instead" because I swap my read on scum!acc to null. At that point, I'm no longer pushing on scum!acc, and only town!ali is pushing on scum so scum!acc decides to swap the wagon onto town!ali which protects partner pep.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:27 am

Post by nydushermain »

^ that being said, they're doing a super sub optimal bus today if they really are partners
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Why would Account keep pep at L-1 for so long if they are buddies?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:33 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1281, Srceenplay wrote:Why would Account keep pep at L-1 for so long if they are buddies?
I agree :P
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:35 am

Post by nydushermain »

I admit it's not a strong case on them being scum together but I don't really see any other obvious connections.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:47 am

Post by nydushermain »

The thing I'm trying to figure out is this.
In post 1044, Srceenplay wrote:My read from reading through.

Town
Pep
Ram
Ny
Kyo
Gamma
Account
Scum
So first off, I don't think you're scum partners with accountant. Your push on him today pushing him to L-1, etc., and STILL being on him is insanity levels of busing when pep could potentially be lynched (who would be town in this case). It's also a douchey thing to do, to come into the game as a replacement scum and decide right off the bat to hard bus your partner.

Does this mean you're scum partners with pep? I don't really think so either. I mean, I could see it being possible because you're opting for an accountant lynch over a pep lynch when they're both very possible lynch targets but I just find it so odd to think that a mafia replacement comes bursting in and instantly putting his scum partner at the top of his town list. I feel like scum mentality just puts him at MOST second highest town or somewhere in the middle. Especially since the DBW slot had a lot of votes on him. It would just be aligning eachother soooo closely. There was probably some pep interaction with DBW which further distances you two as well.

I feel like I'm kind of forced to put you into town because I can't currently see you being with my potential scum. There's a good chance I'm wrong on someone in my town reads though which could put you on a team with them, or my pep/screenplay not being a team reasoning could be poor and it's actually the case. Either way, I think that pep and accountant are more likely to flip scum than you and if I'm right on at least one of them, I think you're unlikely to be scum. If you are scum though, I think that your partner is hiding in my town list. Maybe gamma or ramcius since ramcius called you towny randomly.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:49 am

Post by nydushermain »

If I had to replace you with someone on my list of potential scum, it would probably be gamma. So the revised list based on 1284 would be

Towny: Ramcius, SSBM, Screen
Null: Gamma
Scummy: Pep, Acc
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:54 am

Post by Ramcius »

Nyd, when people will start calling me scum, i will consider changing my ways of playing here, but for now i'm confident, and you say my pushes are awful? I see this as people being awful at being/pretending to be town, ask yourself, why it's only me townread by pretty much all, while everyone else is on 2-3 ppl scumlist?

I think this day goes without lynch, so

VOTE: No lynch

i just can't any longer, sooner we start night and i get out of here, the better

P-edit: very nice, Nyd, you jsut said Srceen is town for putting Pep on top townread, the very same reason i townread, and you call my read on him random? :D
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:59 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1286, Ramcius wrote:Nyd, when people will start calling me scum, i will consider changing my ways of playing here, but for now i'm confident, and you say my pushes are awful? I see this as people being awful at being/pretending to be town, ask yourself, why it's only me townread by pretty much all, while everyone else is on 2-3 ppl scumlist?

i just can't any longer, sooner we start night and i get out of here, the better

P-edit: very nice, Nyd, you jsut said Srceen is town for putting Pep on top townread, the very same reason i townread, and you call my read on him random? :D
Haha was that the reason? What I meant was that you said people were not acting towny at all and just scummy and then you said that screen was towny when he was the newest replacement which I found to be a pretty quick read on someone. I didn't really note the reason. And I didn't say screen is town for putting pep as his top town read, I just think that there's at least one mafia in pep and accountant and I think that the reason why pep+screen isn't likely is because of his top town read on pep. Then, there's also the acc+screen interaction which I think is highly unlikely. It's not a one dimensional, he's towny cuz he read pep towny read.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:00 am

Post by nydushermain »

@ramcius, I was about to announce my intent to hammer accountant, giving him a chance to claim. Mind putting your vote back on him? Or do you feel more comfortable with you announcing your intent to hammer with me putting accountant to L-1?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1083, Ramcius wrote:At this point i'm ok with Accountant lynch, i was against before, cause i wanted get rid lurkers and Accountant was more active, so better choice for late game, but now he do nothing, and i really puzzled how town IC could let it go DBW L-1 on start of D2 without a blink, and vote on Pep was to get reaction, yet Pep L-1 and Accountant doesn't care, don't push, don't ask claim

I'm certain for 1 thing now - Screen/Pep isn't scum team, no scum would put partner on top townread, when that partner is at L-1, well, probably scum wouldn't put anyone on top townread, if that person is L-1 - it's asking for attention, and no scum want it
... LOL I swear I wasn't sheeping.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:12 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1287, nydushermain wrote:
In post 1286, Ramcius wrote:Nyd, when people will start calling me scum, i will consider changing my ways of playing here, but for now i'm confident, and you say my pushes are awful? I see this as people being awful at being/pretending to be town, ask yourself, why it's only me townread by pretty much all, while everyone else is on 2-3 ppl scumlist?

Haha was that the reason? What I meant was that you said people were not acting towny at all and just scummy and then you said that screen was towny when he was the newest replacement which I found to be a pretty quick read on someone. I didn't really note the reason. And I didn't say screen is town for putting pep as his top town read, I just think that there's at least one mafia in pep and accountant and I think that the reason why pep+screen isn't likely is because of his top town read on pep. Then, there's also the acc+screen interaction which I think is highly unlikely. It's not a one dimensional, he's towny cuz he read pep towny read.
My reasoning was that Pep and Srceen can't be scum team, no scum would want put his buddy on top of his townreads, when that buddy is at L-1, and i added that i doubt scum would put town there too, cause it would raise too many questions, if Pep get lynched and flip town - guy comes as replacement and knows someone at L-1 is town, that's very susp and attracts too much attention

VOTE: Accountant
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:22 am

Post by nydushermain »

@accountant, I'm going to hammer you after your next post if you're not a power role. This is my intent to vote on you
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:33 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 1291, nydushermain wrote:@accountant, I'm going to hammer you after your next post if you're not a power role. This is my intent to vote on you
Have quite a lot of work but will try to comment on the things that have been happening and get inti the discussion. For now this.

What would him saying he is a power role do? If he is town it would be easy for scum to counter claim. I don't think that role claiming itself would do much. Rather if he is willing to do it.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1292, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 1291, nydushermain wrote:@accountant, I'm going to hammer you after your next post if you're not a power role. This is my intent to vote on you
Have quite a lot of work but will try to comment on the things that have been happening and get inti the discussion. For now this.

What would him saying he is a power role do? If he is town it would be easy for scum to counter claim. I don't think that role claiming itself would do much. Rather if he is willing to do it.
scum can't counterclaim - in that case Accountant get lynched most likely and scum will get rope D3, if that's their plan, they could simple hammer any of L-1 in D2, but i fear we might have mass claim, if Acc claims PR anyway, we have no idea what role list we got, to know that requires 3 roles to know while we got only 1 now
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:56 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 1293, Ramcius wrote:

scum can't counterclaim - in that case Accountant get lynched most likely and scum will get rope D3, if that's their plan, they could simple hammer any of L-1 in D2, but i fear we might have mass claim, if Acc claims PR anyway, we have no idea what role list we got, to know that requires 3 roles to know while we got only 1 now
If scum would hammer it would be done either now or against me. There were decent cases both times. I belive it should be our lynch for today.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:58 am

Post by nydushermain »

If acc claims PR, he should just claim role because scum knows the exact setup already. They know if it's tracker or cop because they have role blocker or goon.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:09 am

Post by Ramcius »

ah, yes, i was somehow thinking it's a row and column, so we got just 1 PR left, that's complicates things
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1295, nydushermain wrote:

If acc claims PR, he should just claim role because scum knows the exact setup already. They know if it's tracker or cop because they have role blocker or goon.
Can you rephrase that for me. I don't understand what you are trying to say
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Srceenplay »

@ MOD Gama needs a prod
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:25 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1297, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 1295, nydushermain wrote:

Can you rephrase that for me. I don't understand what you are trying to say
Basically, unless I'm understanding this incorrectly, the setup is either a column or a row of the 3x3 matrix. Since we know that there is (was) a medic, it has to either be the medic/vanillamafia/tracker combo, or the medic/cop/mafiaroleblocker combo. So since the mafia know whether or not they have a role blocker or just vanilla mafia, they know which PR we have left (tracker or cop). Thus, if anyone is a PR and only claims PR instead of the actual investigative role, all they're doing is witholding information from town that scum already know.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”