Newbie 1767 | Winter | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by lucca261 »

knew it was coming.

finally somebody votes me. was starting to get lonely.

of course everyone is suspicious. this has been a hard game for me, and I am starting to doubt my other townreads, Selynee and you, given her
weird
vote on Rasko, asking to be replaced and no voting on D1. You, given that you were only asking questions without explaining any of your scumreads. Rasko is the only townread because he is the only one right now who seems to be consistent and process stuff naturally.

I never said that Huntress was scum. I said that I was thinking that maybe the only scum vote on that wagon was Huntress.

the questions were to try to get scumreads from people who were giving nothing, and trying to engage with Rasko, my biggest townread.

not even acknowledging the weird and paranoid part, cause you know that is bullshit. cute that you counted it, though.

---

so, since when I am a scumread of you? what are your thoughts on fred, loopdan?
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by TheBrie »

What's been so hard about this game? I'm finding it getting a bit harder now that every one seems to be cross-voting. but before it didn't seem bad.
lucca261 wrote:knew it was coming.

That sounds like you're trying to laugh your vote off. As if it's not a big deal. Not that it is very big yet.
In post 275, lucca261 wrote: I never said that Huntress was scum. I said that I was thinking that maybe the only scum vote on that wagon was Huntress.
I think I know what you means, but that sounds rather contradictory.

Reads now:
Loopdan, likely town
Selynee, likely town, but not as strongly as before
Fred, null. He hasn't said enough for me to read him, but my gut says not scum
Rask, sounds town, but I'm not sure.
Sensfan, Null. leaning slightly town
Huntress, slightly scummy and I don't see any reason to shift my vote.
Lucca, leaning slightly scummy
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by TheBrie »

But a very uncertain scummy. And changing one read affects how I see all the rest.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 276, TheBrie wrote:What's been so hard about this game? I'm finding it getting a bit harder now that every one seems to be cross-voting. but before it didn't seem bad.
lucca261 wrote:knew it was coming.

That sounds like you're trying to laugh your vote off. As if it's not a big deal. Not that it is very big yet.
It's not a big deal right now. I was expecting someone to vote me.

I say right now because I think it's possible that scum might wagon me. I did have some scummy posts last day, and no player has a townread on me. So it would be easy to scum to wagon me, since they don't have a hard stance on me right now.

Hey, by your readlist you should be voting me. Why aren't you? Also, how Fred hasn't said enough for you to read him. He has said a lot.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by TheBrie »

The list isn't perfectly in order unfortunately. I have as much reason, though it's entirely different, to vote Huntress.

Fred hasn't said enough lately to lean my null either way. Maybe I've got as much of a reason to suspect Fred for being quiet as I do huntress, but it's a gut feeling that I can't explain. If he goes on not saying anything useful I'll take that as scum for certain.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 220, Loopdan wrote:What did you need to follow up on?
I wanted to recheck a couple of players I felt I hadn't paid enough attention to.

In post 238, SensFan wrote:It's just as much on lucca as it is on me.
No it wasn't. It was entirely your choice to hammer, despite the fact that at least two of us had indicated we still had stuff to do and Echo had said that he would post tomorrow as he needed sleep. The same thing happened to me in a recent game where a player was pushing me for a claim. I had countered the player's points and challenged him on one of them but instead of replying to my post he hammered me. He turned out to be mafia.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 272, lucca261 wrote:I'm starting to think that there is no scum on that wagon, save for maybe Huntress.
I'm tempted to agree with you, if you substitute Sensfan for me there.

Current scumreads are Sensfan, Loopdan and Fred. Not necessarily in that order.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 272, lucca261 wrote:@rasko, now that we know Echo's flip, how do you read his wagon? I'm trying to do it, and is only making me more paranoid.
Probably not more than one scum on the wagon I'd imagine. As of now I'm thinking likely sens over huntress or especially thebrie but I want to see to see how sens answers today first.
deranged and incoherent
?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by SensFan »

lucca and huntress have been the two that have stood out to me as particularly scummy in the early parts of today. Huntress in particular seems super eager to put all of a D1 lynch on one person, and has been around the block way too much to seriously think that 'one time someone did this thing and was Scum' is at all relevant.

TheBrie is super raw, which is making it hard for me to read her. For now I think I'm willing to put her in the Town pile until a bit later, but plan on looking back at her stances on people when we get more flips. I think she's the least likely to have been able to look natural as Scum looking back in hindsight on stuff like a Scum wagon.

Loopdan and I seem to naturally be on the same page on most/all issues, which makes me inclined he's looking at the game sincerely.

I don't feel like I have a good grasp on Fred/Selynee/Rask right now, though I should go back. I feel like I remember finding Fred suspicious on D1 and I'm not sure why.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 283, SensFan wrote:lucca and huntress have been the two that have stood out to me as particularly scummy in the early parts of today. Huntress in particular seems super eager to put all of a D1 lynch on one person, and has been around the block way too much to seriously think that 'one time someone did this thing and was Scum' is at all relevant.
Did I say you were scum because of it?. Nope. I was just saying that you shouldn't be given town points for it as scum do it too. Your claiming lucca forced your hand over it when he was asking for more time, that was scummy though.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:04 pm

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 272, lucca261 wrote:...
Another weird thing is the lack of posts from Fred on D2. He was so active D1, and now seems to be just trying to avoid pressure.

@fred, do you still think that Loopdan is scum?
I haven't been able to post much as school had just reopened. D1 was still the school holidays and I had more time.
Loopdan is null on my list.
I AM BACK
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:30 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Sickofit1138 replaces Selynee
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 2.03

Fredrick E Campbell
(2): Raskolnikov, lucca261
Huntress
(1): TheBrie
lucca261
(1): Loopdan

Not Voting
: Fredrick E Campbell, SensFan, Huntress, Sickofit1138
With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-22 06:30:00)

Notes:
Votes are reset upon replacement. Selynee's vote on Raskolnikov has been reset to "Not Voting" for Sickofit1138.
Last edited by PenguinPower on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:46 am

Post by Sickofit1138 »

I'm replacing Selynee!

only 12 pages on Day 2? What a shame let's get this rolling!

Ima catch-up here in a bit and wil be back with my thoughts!
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Also are there any claims on the table right now? Before I read up
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:50 am

Meanwhile, my vote goes to my largest scumread.
VOTE: SensFan
I AM BACK
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:01 am

In post 282, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 272, lucca261 wrote:@rasko, now that we know Echo's flip, how do you read his wagon? I'm trying to do it, and is only making me more paranoid.
Probably not more than one scum on the wagon I'd imagine. As of now I'm thinking likely sens over huntress or especially thebrie but I want to see to see how sens answers today first.
In post 289, Sickofit1138 wrote:Also are there any claims on the table right now? Before I read up
None from me.
I AM BACK
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:17 am

In post 283, SensFan wrote:lucca and huntress have been the two that have stood out to me as particularly scummy in the early parts of today. Huntress in particular seems super eager to put all of a D1 lynch on one person, and has been around the block way too much to seriously think that 'one time someone did this thing and was Scum' is at all relevant.

TheBrie is super raw, which is making it hard for me to read her. For now I think I'm willing to put her in the Town pile until a bit later, but plan on looking back at her stances on people when we get more flips. I think she's the least likely to have been able to look natural as Scum looking back in hindsight on stuff like a Scum wagon.

Loopdan and I seem to naturally be on the same page on most/all issues, which makes me inclined he's looking at the game sincerely.

I don't feel like I have a good grasp on Fred/Selynee/Rask right now, though I should go back. I feel like I remember finding Fred suspicious on D1 and I'm not sure why.
In post 104, Huntress wrote:
In post 47, EchoVision wrote:Can you explain the odd feeling about me?
It was from post . It felt like you trying to defend TheBrie by searching around for a different reason for Rask's comment than the one actually given.

Loopdan's question about Sensfan's first vote also felt weird.

In post 48, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:However, that doesn't explain why the vote was changed, which was the question I asked.
Why would you expect someone to stay with a random vote?

In post 101, TheBrie wrote:The three people are me and the two scum. Also you and Fred if you aren't mafia. So probably four then.
Why include Fred in that?
What was so weird about Loopdan's question about SensFan's vote?
I AM BACK
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:18 am

In post 284, Huntress wrote:
Did I say you were scum because of it?. Nope. I was just saying that you shouldn't be given town points for it as scum do it too. Your claiming lucca forced your hand over it when he was asking for more time, that was scummy though.
In post 291, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 282, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 289, Sickofit1138 wrote:Also are there any claims on the table right now? Before I read up
None from me.
In post 292, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:

In post 104, Huntress wrote:
In post 47, EchoVision wrote:Can you explain the odd feeling about me?
It was from post . It felt like you trying to defend TheBrie by searching around for a different reason for Rask's comment than the one actually given.

Loopdan's question about Sensfan's first vote also felt weird.

In post 48, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:However, that doesn't explain why the vote was changed, which was the question I asked.
Why would you expect someone to stay with a random vote?

In post 101, TheBrie wrote:The three people are me and the two scum. Also you and Fred if you aren't mafia. So probably four then.
Why include Fred in that?
What was so weird about Loopdan's question about SensFan's vote?
The quotes above in these two quotes shouldn't be there.
I AM BACK
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:28 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Still waiting for an answer to my question.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

But also feel free to go into why you scumread sensfan too.

I don't really disagree with that as a read but if it's your largest scumread it should be pretty easy for you to explain why.
deranged and incoherent
?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Sens & @Brie -- Let's townbloc this for the win. Requesting more votes on lucca.

@Rask & @Sickofit -- You are the backup townbloc. Be prepared to be called up if the situation deteriorates.

@Huntress, @Fred, @Lucca -- sry fam
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Lucca's shown a lot more evidence of scumhunting than fred and votes him with me to boot.

Huntress I can get but you should meta-skim too and see how lurking is pretty standard for her, if you have something beyond activity for that I'd want to hear it though.

Can you share what makes you so confident on sens town?
deranged and incoherent
?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:42 am

Post by Loopdan »

Looking back at Sens' posts so I can better answer Rask, and I realized I still have a question...

@Sens-- Was your first hammer attempt on Echo intentionally messed up or a mistake? (Re: )
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Sickofit1138 »

K im here

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”