Newbie 1767 | Winter | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 2.07

:!:
Fredrick E Campbell
(4): Raskolnikov, SensFan, Huntress, Loopdan
lucca261
(2): TheBrie, Sickofit1138
SensFan
(1): Fredrick E Campbell
Sickofit1138
(1): lucca261

Not Voting
:
With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-22 06:30:00)

Notes:

Last edited by PenguinPower on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Catching up.
deranged and incoherent
?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 376, Sickofit1138 wrote:Don't lose sight of scum!lucca here. Fred can wait his turn for the rope.
Answer my filler question. Or you can't, because your case is something you made up on the fly?
In post 380, Loopdan wrote:If Fred flips scum, that vote by Huntress looks like a bus combined with the foundation for her mislynch push on me tomorrow.

So let's make this L-1.

VOTE: Fred
Do you think Huntress would bus Fred right now, considering that she is not on a very good position right now, and there is probably two or three more lynches?

I realize that by saying this I could be proving your point right now, But I don't think it would be a good play for someone who barely townread by anyone.
In post 383, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:Since people have bugged me to pass my reads...
Sickofit1138: Town for being attempting to guess who's scum.
Huntress: Someone like me. I'm nullreading Huntress.
TheBrie: Seems to be more likely than not to be town. A definite townread.
Loopdan: Trying to sherlock the game. Awarded a townread.
Raskolnikov: Trying to sherlock the game as well. Awarded a townread.
SensFan: Mysterious hammer and mysterious read. A scumread.
lucca261: Seems trying to solve the game. A townread.
Hey, I think it's you and Sicko. So now I'm clear because I'm attempting to guess who's scum?

Don't like this post. Seems like made up reasons, just because he was pressured to made a readslist.
In post 397, Loopdan wrote:
In post 396, Huntress wrote:
In post 379, Loopdan wrote:@Huntress-- Why aren't you answering ? Who are your town reads?
Why do you need to know? I don't often do full read lists in the first Day or two of a game, but at the moment my town reads are basically everyone who I'm not calling scum.
Scum often prefer not giving townreads as it limits their lynch options. You have noticeably not offered TRs.
So, what do you think of Fred readslist, with six townreads and one null? By your definition, is that a town post?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by lucca261 »

Brie seemed to disappear since she stopped getting pressured. Where are you?

So, Fred is at L-1. I have no problem at hammering him, but I want more posting from Rasko, who is catching up, Brie, to show up, and Sicko.

Would lynch Sicko today, but Fred is a nice consolation prize.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 379, Loopdan wrote:@Huntress-- Why aren't you answering ? Who are your town reads?
Why do you need to know? I don't often do full read lists in the first Day or two of a game, but at the moment my town reads are basically everyone who I'm not calling scum.
Scum often prefer not giving townreads as it limits their lynch options. You have noticeably not offered TRs.
Yet in contrast, Fred has given town reads. I'm not saying he's town, but it's going to be hard for him to consistently lynch anyone other than Sensfan. While if he's trying to be invisible and let us kill each other, it's not working too well.

One thing I'll say for certain is that if Fred is scum, Sensfan is pretty clear. While if we lynched Lucca and he was scum, it'd be harder to pick up his partner.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 404, TheBrie wrote:
Yet in contrast, Fred has given town reads. I'm not saying he's town, but it's going to be hard for him to consistently lynch anyone other than Sensfan. While if he's trying to be invisible and let us kill each other, it's not working too well.

One thing I'll say for certain is that if Fred is scum, Sensfan is pretty clear. While if we lynched Lucca and he was scum, it'd be harder to pick up his partner.
why would Sensfan be clear with a Fred lynch? I think it would clear Rasko more.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 403, lucca261 wrote:Brie seemed to disappear since she stopped getting pressured. Where are you?
I've been a bit busy in real life and haven't had much to add. Other than more people voting Fred, not much has happened.
But if I have anything potentially useful, I will post.

The way Fred and Sensfan have been at each other feels too real to be bussing. I haven't noticed much between Rask and Fred.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Not saying it wouldn't clear Rask either, jusr was thinking about Sensfan.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 377, SensFan wrote:Your attitude? I'm sick of it.

Vote: Fred
Attitude or the vote being on you?

I agree with sick on this one, you've so far mostly reacted to those who've been on you and kind of ignored those who haven't.

I'm not sure how to reconcile your play altogether here with your joindate tbh, d1-end particularly.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 383, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:Since people have bugged me to pass my reads...
Sickofit1138: Town for being attempting to guess who's scum.
Huntress: Someone like me. I'm nullreading Huntress.
TheBrie: Seems to be more likely than not to be town. A definite townread.
Loopdan: Trying to sherlock the game. Awarded a townread.
Raskolnikov: Trying to sherlock the game as well. Awarded a townread.
SensFan: Mysterious hammer and mysterious read. A scumread.
lucca261: Seems trying to solve the game. A townread.
How much game experience do you actually have?

Does it not bother you that you only have 1 scumread and 1 null? Are you confident on all of your townreads?
deranged and incoherent
?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 408, Raskolnikov wrote:

I agree with sick on this one, you've so far mostly reacted to those who've been on you and kind of ignored those who haven't.

I'm not sure how to reconcile your play altogether here with your joindate tbh, d1-end particularly.
As far as I can tell, SickOfIt's vote has never been on me. Though I can see why it might look like that first part was directed at Fred when removed from the fact it was right after SOI's post.

You can agree with Sick all you want. The fact remains I have been paying 'attention' to people, especially Fred, well before the suspicion on me. Sick has this weird thing where he assigns the causation of an event to something that happened after the event. He did it when he mentioned that lucca started distancing with me as a reaction to Sick calling us both Scum, and is doing it again by saying I'm pushing Fred because he pushed me.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69287

Only game to really judge this off of is this one. Seems like he was wagoned very early, almost hammered but it got diverted last minute.

Trying to think of what's AI vs stylistic.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Frederick, this might seem like a weird question, but how old are you? Don't have to answer if you don't want to.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 410, SensFan wrote:
In post 408, Raskolnikov wrote:

As far as I can tell, SickOfIt's vote has never been on me. Though I can see why it might look like that first part was directed at Fred when removed from the fact it was right after SOI's post.

You can agree with Sick all you want. The fact remains I have been paying 'attention' to people, especially Fred, well before the suspicion on me. Sick has this weird thing where he assigns the causation of an event to something that happened after the event. He did it when he mentioned that lucca started distancing with me as a reaction to Sick calling us both Scum, and is doing it again by saying I'm pushing Fred because he pushed me.
you have TheBrie at super raw which makes it hard for you to read her and fred/selynee/me as people you don't have a good grasp on.

Since then fred voted you and sickofit replaced in and called you scummy and you reacted pretty strongly to both of them but haven't said a word regarding me or thebrie. This is why I think sick might have a point here.
deranged and incoherent
?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by SensFan »

Sick replaced in, which obviously caused my stance on that slot to be liable to change.

I feel like you're being a little disingenuous in regards to Fred. I explicitly mentioned remembering finding him scummy on D1 and then I proceeded to call him scummy when he again did exactly the same thing that I called him out on way back then.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by SensFan »

I just realized I never commented on your point about my join date. Read what you want into it; I make no claims in general that people who have been here longer are any better or worse than newer players. Worth noting that until a couple weeks ago, my most recent game was Mini 1337 though, for however that affects your view on my experience.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 381, Loopdan wrote:And I'm buying that his uncounted hammer was intentionally messed up to extend the day.
I extremely doubt this is what his intention was there.
First off I think MOST rulesets would count the hammer as a hammer anyways under the interpretation rule (where anything that clearly looks like it was intended to be a vote counts as a vote, to prevent hammer sillyness), this game included if I read it right.

Second it looks like even sensfan himself isn't saying this wasn't the case so yeah?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Better or worse doesn't even necessarily enter into it, it's behavioral and you can generally expect some standards in due-diligence town play you wouldn't from someone with a new or seminew joindate.
deranged and incoherent
?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 417, Raskolnikov wrote:Better or worse doesn't even necessarily enter into it, it's behavioral and you can generally expect some standards in due-diligence town play you wouldn't from someone with a new or seminew joindate.
Due diligence like contradicting someone by claiming I haven't said something that I very much explicitly did say?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

No, that was mostly regarding your hammer. Try to keep up.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 415, SensFan wrote:I just realized I never commented on your point about my join date. Read what you want into it; I make no claims in general that people who have been here longer are any better or worse than newer players. Worth noting that until a couple weeks ago, my most recent game was Mini 1337 though, for however that affects your view on my experience.
Better or worse doesn't even necessarily enter into it, it's behavioral and you can generally expect some standards in due-diligence town play you wouldn't from someone with a new or seminew joindate.
In post 418, SensFan wrote:
In post 417, Raskolnikov wrote:Better or worse doesn't even necessarily enter into it, it's behavioral and you can generally expect some standards in due-diligence town play you wouldn't from someone with a new or seminew joindate.
Due diligence like contradicting someone by claiming I haven't said something that I very much explicitly did say?
Mmm.
deranged and incoherent
?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by SensFan »

Right. You said you expected due diligence from me one post after trying to discredit Loopdan by saying that not even I claimed it was on purpose. So I pointed out that you were dead wrong on the facts and that I very explicitly said (claimed, from your perspective) that I did it purposefully.

Tell me more about doing due diligence on things I post though.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

You think that was discrediting loopdan?

Loopdan townreads you because he thinks you intentionally mispelled the hammer to get a reaction or something.

Is that the case or am I right in saying it isn't?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

It's one or the other.
deranged and incoherent
?
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

@Lucca what was your question? I don't feel like reading back right now.
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”