Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Accountant »

@Not_Mafia: Chelsea's Manning's behavior was illegal. For that alone she should be punished. It does not matter whether her supervisors were also criminals - one should never stoop to criminal acts to wipe out criminals, or you'll stoop to their level. This is why I always insist on the importance of maintaining the moral high ground. Manning is no better than a vigilante taking the law into her own hands rather than following the system.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1149, Accountant wrote:
In post 1145, Frozen Angel wrote:There are so many flaws about your description in 2 pages ago but first you need to start accepting logic as a determiner factor for analyzing your perfect world
No, logic is useless here.
I find your dream useless tbh :]

but k
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1148, Accountant wrote:
In post 1144, Frozen Angel wrote:You defined your utiopia as that everyone are following the correct path

and you are saying the correct path is toward Utiopia

See where your whole beleife system will colapse?

You are assuming perfection is finite and you will reach it - you are saying the perfection is "Trying to progress toward perfection" . Which is a clear paradox.

You just want everything "BETTER" but why there is no better than the best version of what you can dream?
because the utopia is forever

a humanity that constantly improves itself, over and over again, until the end of time - that is the goal I reach
You keep repeating the paradox

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Is whistleblowing ever justified?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1153, Not_Mafia wrote:Is whistleblowing ever justified?
Only if it's done in a manner that is not illegal.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1151, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 1149, Accountant wrote:
In post 1145, Frozen Angel wrote:There are so many flaws about your description in 2 pages ago but first you need to start accepting logic as a determiner factor for analyzing your perfect world
No, logic is useless here.
I find your dream useless tbh :]

but k
To find utopia itself useless... what a flawed worldview. It's akin to living in a world of black and white, never seeing the beauty of color.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1152, Frozen Angel wrote:You keep repeating the paradox
there is no paradox

perfection is reaching towards perfection

the act of constant improvement is itself the ideal of perfection

the "true perfection" is when improvement is impossible as outlined earlier

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I have an ideology myself and I'm sure we can try to make the world a better place

It is well defined, justified logically and morally (based on what majority of humans call moral) and perfectly fit. Yours is just a dream not an idea so its useless at this point. You can dream as much as you like, it will have 0 impact in the reality

pedit : the progress itself is the best world and there is no finite state of perfection

thats is my idoalogy.

The true perfection is infinite.

If you beleive that and you think its not logical (or logic has no place in it) Your absoloutly wrong in your principles.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1157, Frozen Angel wrote:It is well defined, justified logically and morally (based on what majority of humans call moral) and perfectly fit. Yours is just a dream not an idea so its useless at this point. You can dream as much as you like, it will have 0 impact in the reality
omg what is with this blind worship of reality

"only something that's real is important! if it's not real, I don't care about it!"

jesus christ

look, an ideal that is perfect is perfect whether or not it's real. I only care about perfection, I don't care about shallow human wants of reality - a want that is not even justified

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

jesus christ
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

If you really want to make your idea something impelimentable you need to accept the princples of impelimention and world modeling

you need to define morality
you need to explain the reason we live and we die
you need to have a perfect view about yourself and the world.

That way you can define a logical "infinite" perfection and claim progress itself is utophia

pedit : I do care about dreams. They are useless though

an ideal is perfect cause its not reachable. Defining a way of progress is ideal itself

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

We can continue this discussion whenever you accept logic as a determiner for your ideology.

Till then bye

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1158, Accountant wrote:omg what is with this blind worship of reality
Yeah, I mean it's not like we live in a real world now, is it?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1157, Frozen Angel wrote:the progress itself is the best world and there is no finite state of perfection

thats is my idoalogy.
There are two types of perfection.

The first is the "inevitable perfection". It is akin to something that will inevitably happen. For instance, suppose you asked me the answer to a difficult math question and I told you the answer was the square root of 1350 * 8509. Do you know the exact value of that number? No, of course you don't. But in this case, you would consider the math problem "solved" because you already know the path to the solution. All you have to do is to do boring things like work out the exact value. To draw an analogy, when you have the entire society working in harmony and continuously improving, then you know that "true perfection" has already been achieved. The route has been established, the path is clear before us and all we have to do is do the boring things like walk down it.

The second is the "true perfection" itself, where even improvement is impossible. I have outlined the exact specifics of this universe already.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1159, Not_Mafia wrote:jesus christ
not an argument

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1162, Davsto wrote:
You say this sarcastically, but I most certainly do not live in the pathetic, blighted universe you call the real world. I live in nothing less than paradise - you may check my location to confirm this. It's not that I'm completely detached from reality, but it's more akin to me having two universes that I exist in. Of course, I'd choose to "live in" the perfect one and "impose its existence" on the imperfect one in order to make both universes perfect so others can enjoy the same beauty I see. When you tell me that such and such isn't how things "really work" or isn't "conforming to the laws of reality", it's like I am living in Canada and telling you about the beautiful snow and you are living in Egypt and complain to me that snow isn't how the weather really works. What a short-sighted point of view!

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1160, Frozen Angel wrote:an ideal is perfect cause its not reachable.
Not reachable? How unambitious you are! Are you really going to let the fact that it's conventionally thought to be impossible stop you? You must find the way to make the ideal possible! There is the saying: "A man chooses, a slave obeys". Are you going to be someone who chooses what they will impose on reality, or are you going to obey the laws of reality and think that just because something is not reachable means that you won't try to reach it?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1161, Frozen Angel wrote:We can continue this discussion whenever you accept logic as a determiner for your ideology.

Till then bye
"We can talk about snow only when you accept that sand and summer are the only things that matter"

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1165, Accountant wrote:
In post 1162, Davsto wrote:
You say this sarcastically, but I most certainly do not live in the pathetic, blighted universe you call the real world. I live in nothing less than paradise - you may check my location to confirm this. It's not that I'm completely detached from reality, but it's more akin to me having two universes that I exist in. Of course, I'd choose to "live in" the perfect one and "impose its existence" on the imperfect one in order to make both universes perfect so others can enjoy the same beauty I see. When you tell me that such and such isn't how things "really work" or isn't "conforming to the laws of reality", it's like I am living in Canada and telling you about the beautiful snow and you are living in Egypt and complain to me that snow isn't how the weather really works. What a short-sighted point of view!
No it's like you telling me there
must
be a way to have snow all the time in Egypt because you can imagine it snowing in Egypt

You can't impose unreality onto reality. That's not how it works. Your magical dream world, if not bound by the laws of logic and reality, cannot exist in the real world where logic and reality are things that exist.

You may call this "short-sighted", but I prefer to call it basic sense.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Post by Davsto »

tl;dr it doesn't matter how much it snows in Canada, that has no bearing on the fact that it doesn't snow in Egypt.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1168, Davsto wrote:sense.
What a frivolous, absurd concept
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1168, Davsto wrote:You can't impose unreality onto reality. That's not how it works. Your magical dream world, if not bound by the laws of logic and reality, cannot exist in the real world where logic and reality are things that exist.
Under this analogy... what I am trying to do is to blow up egypt and clone canada, then put canada on the map where Egypt used to be. That's the only way for the inhabitants of egypt to enjoy snow, since, as you say, there's no way to make it snow in egypt.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1170, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1168, Davsto wrote:sense.
What a frivolous, absurd concept
It's not absurd, just an obstacle.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1171, Accountant wrote:
In post 1168, Davsto wrote:You can't impose unreality onto reality. That's not how it works. Your magical dream world, if not bound by the laws of logic and reality, cannot exist in the real world where logic and reality are things that exist.
Under this analogy... what I am trying to do is to blow up egypt and clone canada, then put canada on the map where Egypt used to be. That's the only way for the inhabitants of egypt to enjoy snow, since, as you say, there's no way to make it snow in egypt.
You could just move Egyptians to Canada
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Post by Accountant »

Hrm? Well, Canada only exists in my head, so that's difficult. I think it's much easier to move Canada over. But we do have a process for acclimatizing the Egyptian people to Canadian culture, and that's called re-education.

Return to “General Discussion”