Monokuma
Goon
Monokuma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:28 am

Post by Monokuma »

He wants you to vote us, silly.
Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:15 am

Post by Pine »

In post 838, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I seriously have a bad feeling about Mastin
Ermagerd, me too!

Just don't lynch her right away, she's quite entertaining.
In post 844, Monokuma wrote:No no, that's very mastina.
In post 845, SirCakez wrote:To tell a town read scumreading her to fuck off instead of engaging?
I learned it from her, actually.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:50 am

Post by SirCakez »

Who is "he" monokuma?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:58 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 832, mastina wrote:
In post 796, Monokuma wrote:Sell us. Really. We're all ears.
I don't wanna.

When I want to sell something, you'll buy it.
But I explicitly am not feeling like selling you on Aeronaut being scum.

He is scum, yeah.
But I don't feel like explaining that right now. I don't feel like pushing him right now. Even though I could ask for you to just trust me (the read's strong enough where I can demand that), I don't feel like doing that right now. But I'll place my vote there anyway, until such a time where I do feel like giving you those things.
This post looks bad. If Mastina scumreads Aeronaut then the pro-Town thing to do would be to try to explain it. It is easy for scum to do this in order to defer giving reasoning because you know your reasoning will be under scrutiny.

I consider this likely as I myself did it in Open 642 and came under a lot of pressure for it.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Monokuma
Monokuma
Goon
Monokuma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:17 am

Post by Monokuma »

In post 852, SirCakez wrote:Who is "he" monokuma?
the person you were just asking a question.................................... you alright there cakey boy?
In post 853, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 832, mastina wrote:
In post 796, Monokuma wrote:Sell us. Really. We're all ears.
I don't wanna.

When I want to sell something, you'll buy it.
But I explicitly am not feeling like selling you on Aeronaut being scum.

He is scum, yeah.
But I don't feel like explaining that right now. I don't feel like pushing him right now. Even though I could ask for you to just trust me (the read's strong enough where I can demand that), I don't feel like doing that right now. But I'll place my vote there anyway, until such a time where I do feel like giving you those things.
This post looks bad. If Mastina scumreads Aeronaut then the pro-Town thing to do would be to try to explain it. It is easy for scum to do this in order to defer giving reasoning because you know your reasoning will be under scrutiny.

I consider this likely as I myself did it in Open 642 and came under a lot of pressure for it.
disagreed.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Pine »

What, no clever bear-inspired banter? No witty rejoinders? I am disappoint.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:21 am

Post by SirCakez »

Oh mb
Yeah I'm not voting where Fate wants me to
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Monokuma
Monokuma
Goon
Monokuma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Monokuma »

I'm bearly awake, okay? Gosh, urso needy.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Pine »

Atta bear

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 836, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:So the conclusion you come up with is that I did it for scum motivation?
Not exactly, but I'll accept that as an answer as "close enough".
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 839, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Mastin, what would you say you've done to make me think you're pro-town?
Nothing specific to you.

I'm town because I'm town. It's as simple as that. While I'd prefer one or two other players who're idiots to see that, for the most part, I've established that to all of the people who I needed it established to. Allowing me to move on to the next part of my three-step plan. (We're still on step two of three.) I don't need to spend time explaining why I am town. I don't need to show I am town. I simply have been town. It's that simple. You either see why I am town, or you don't.

I could explain why I am town, but I don't need to. Everyone who I consider to matter knows it to be true, that not only am I town, but also that I bleed town. Nacho actually said it adequately. Just because I'm a masterful scum player doesn't mean I'm not really good at being obvtown when I am in fact town. (As previously established, part of the reason my scumplay is so masterful is because it
doesn't
require me to look obvtown. I can be obvscum and still win the game because the important part of being good scum isn't looking like town. The important part of being good scum is not getting lynched, and also preventing scumbuddies from being lynched.)
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 849, SirCakez wrote:
In post 846, Fate wrote:Sir cake atanve on scumbear now
Translation pls
STANCE*

whats your READ

none of this scum horesshit "oh I dont vote who you want whoop hoop de shwoop"
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Fate »

Nacho this wouldve been a much easier game if you had just faked a scumread on me

I made my bait too obvious I guess.

Now if youre gonna go explaining how I'm town to people AS WELL then damn it really is tempting to not vig you
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 840, Vaxkiller wrote:@mastina
Suppose you are scum. How would you play this game? Where would you have started?
Well my plan for this game depends on who my scumbuddies are, but starts similarly to my play at the beginning of this game, which I modified from my scumgameplan:
First, I psychologically profile each player, including my scumbuddies. I point out their strengths as a player, I point out their weaknesses. I tell my scumteam who is mislynch bait, and who is a bad idea to try and lynch. I tell my scumteam the players who are realistic lynches especially as a compromise. I tell my scumteam which pushes could potentially backfire. I tell my scumteam which players are top priority for the nightkill. This is standard operating procedure. You saw me fake one of these lists in Defcon Mafia; I'd do the same here. (And if you ask me to, I will.) Obviously, I don't have scumbuddies so my list would be inaccurate for the actual game, but if I was scum that'd be a fair approximation of what I'd start with.

...HOWEVER. Specific to this game, I would be engaging with Pine a lot. I'd know some of the basis for his picks already by virtue of me knowing Pine, me being scum, and seeing his other two picks. I would ask for the order and the exact reasoning, and from these, I would prepare a plan. I would refine the list above, and add sections about how each player will be perceived in terms of realistic picks. In short, I'd augment the list so that our scumteam when pushing their positions would have not only gameplay backing them, but also "probability" behind them.

Then I'd implement the beginning of my day here: if Nacho is on my team, I'd need to establish a firm connection with him that wouldn't incriminate us. Engaging him swiftly and immediately would accomplish this, as you saw me do. The difference is, if I were scum with Nacho, his response to me wouldn't be "mastina, no", and my response to him wouldn't be "Okay, unvote: Nacho". We'd keep the dialog going, to establish distancing and realistic interactions, until such a time where it would be believable to think we were both town, and had changed our reads in a fluid, organic way as to townread the other.

If Nacho wasn't on my scumteam, then me engaging him immediately becomes a priority because keeping myself as a townread of his would be VITAL to my long-term success. Sure, I'd get to kill him earlyish on, but he'd be capable of doing real damage to my scumteam (particularly, lynching me) if I allowed him to get a good scumread on me and to actually have a chance to push it. By engaging him immediately, what would happen is exactly what did happen: Nacho townread me, because making the push against him which he knows I wouldn't be able to win (I've lost every mastina vs Nacho fight I've ever partaken in) is something that Nacho would have a soft spot for assuming I'd be town.

Now, of course. This would be cheap towncred. It wouldn't last, especially after I'd break the attack off (because not entering into that fight would be part of the plan), but as far as short-term gains, it'd be worth it. Getting Nacho out of the way, even temporarily, would give me the breathing room to manipulate the town free of worry about him. If my luck held, the townread from Nacho would last just long enough for me to nightkill him. Rather, I imagine that at the time of the nightkill, he'd be revisiting the townread, but not yet have publicly arrived at a scumread, which is obviously the best time to dispose of him.

With Nacho temporarily out of the way, with longterm plans to get him permanently out of the way, all I'd have to do is pull the strings as I saw fit and push where I thought needed to be pushed, and the town would eat itself alive. Throw in a fair share of strategical lurking (to keep myself out of the spotlight), and my only worry this game would be a vig shot. I wouldn't vig hunt, of course, and would pray that the vig hit town, basically leaving the vig up to chance. Which might seem unusual, but I don't ever PR hunt as scum; it hits VTs 7/10 times and if the vig suspect is a weaker player......yeah. Plus, allowing one or two vig shots gives me a fair idea of who the vig is. Both by how good/bad the shot is, and by who was shot (because certain shots are more likely from certain players with certain reads).

That's about as much as I planned out in my head in pregame before landing a town role. I'd probably talk this over with Pine and have him and my scumteam refine it a bit more, but you get the basic idea. The plan boils down to establishing a presence which gives a good Nacho-mastina interaction, and from that interaction, going on to push the town into lynching town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 843, SirCakez wrote:Mastina telling me to fuck off also sucks
Especially since she's supposedly town reading me.
It is specifically because I am townreading you that I am telling you to fuck off.
Your play would be FAR less infuriating if you were just actually scum but because you're not, I'm stuck dealing with your bullshit.
drealmerz's pushes are entertaining. Wrong, but entertaining. I enjoy engaging drealmerz, especially since the points drealmerz raises aren't actually bad ones; they can hold some level of validity.

That's utterly absent from you, so once again I say it as explicitly as possible:
Fuck. off.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 853, BTD6_maker wrote:If Mastina scumreads Aeronaut then the pro-Town thing to do would be to try to explain it.
You and your narrow-minded views of protown versus antitown play.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

UNVOTE:
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm sticking to my gut and I'm just waiting for the NK
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 862, Fate wrote:Nacho this wouldve been a much easier game if you had just faked a scumread on me

I made my bait too obvious I guess.

Now if youre gonna go explaining how I'm town to people AS WELL then damn it really is tempting to not vig you
i'm not a man with a plan fate
i'm just a man

you and mastina can take care of all the fancy shit for now i'm gonna stick to reading people and explaining my reads on them
mostly
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Nacho, your opinion on myself?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i think you're town as fuck
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

but i'm keeping quiet about it right now because it's not popular yet so don't tell anyone but i think if you keep plugging away, well, you'll join the towniest of the town. just keep doing you.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:25 pm

If true, it feels surreal.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by mastina »

Hey.
You want to hear a secret?
It's a terrible, deep, dark secret.

ONE OF: Fate/Nachomamma
drealmerz
SirCakez
Prism
Vaxkiller
BTD6_maker
Monokuma
The RealGin-N-Tonic
THE OTHER OF: Nachomamma/Fate
Aristophanes
Secret Agent Jin
Aeronaut

...What if I told you that these were my actual reads?
Would you, perhaps, believe them?
Or would you consider this another of my misdirections?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Misdirection because you purposefully planted seeds of doubt when there was no reason to.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”