Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by Toto »

Fykus, why did you assume that there is always a SE helping a newbie in these games as scum?
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by Fykus »

You'd think itd kind of make sense, since they have to collude together each night to pick a target to kill. TS said its not the case though, but i think im justified in my original reasoning.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by Toto »

Last time I saw that happening, that newbie was scum with a SE.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by Fykus »

Last time you saw what happening? The newbie accusing the IC of being scum to help a newbie scum?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by Toto »

A newbie assuming there is always a newbie+SE as scum team.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by Fykus »

Ah, that makes sense. I can see why you're making the assumption about me then. Honestly though, i still think TS might be scum with the way hes constantly hammering questions at me. Unless ofcourse hes just trying to get it into my muscle memory to explain myself better when making accusations (thus making me a better player someday or something).

Who knows~
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by Toto »

He is actually trying to gamesolve. Town needs to do that in oder to figure out who is scum and who isn't. Scum on the other hand don't need to figure out too much so they don't need to gamesolve. You can tell sometimes by the way they don't try to solve the game.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Toto »

Of course a good scum will try to fake that.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Fykus »

Can you explain the term for me please?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Toto »

Asking questions. Making theories and chasing them. Of course, good scumhunting is about figuring out whether these behaviors are fake or not.

The opposite is to sit around and wait for other people to make cases and theories. Like you are.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Fykus »

But im not, ive suggested theories a couple times now.
Isnt the whole point of the game formulating theories (that hopefully turn out correct) and convincing everyone else to believe you so you can (hopefully) lynch the scum?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by Toto »

Ok. So If I make a good theory about scum!formerfish will you vote him with me?
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by Fykus »

Thatd depend on the theory and how plausible it sounded.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Toto »

Ok. Here it is.

1) FormerFish attacks Jin for not voting RVS.
2) At the same time he questions me about why did my RVS vote didn't go to any of the two pre-existing wagons. That'd be You and Jin. Doesn't it seem like an odd question to ask, specially since he is already attacking Jin for not RVS voting?
3) I never answer the question and he never follows up on this. This makes me think he didn't care much about the answer.

So I'm thinking that FF is scum and his partner is either You or Jin.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 126, Formerfish wrote:
In post 75, Pepchoninga wrote:Hello all ^^ will be reading the pages and comming up with some content ^^
Its weird that you call it content here. I don't feel like as town I produce content, that seems like something I would want to do as scum.
By content I mean I will actually post.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 127, Formerfish wrote:
In post 83, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 23, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 18, Formerfish wrote:
In post 14, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 11, Formerfish wrote:That sounds like something scum would say. You afraid to put a vote down on someone?
Im not no punk little boy on the school yard. I fought my entire life against people like you, i was fighting in a secret club beforr you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. You wanna know where i was born boy? Huh? Well ill tell you.

Spoiler: This is your answer
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought, "Nah, forget it."
– "Yo, home to Bel-Air."

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo home smell ya later."
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

Actually i was born in detroit but thats neither here nor there.
You going to actually answer the question? I could easily make this vote real.
Ill put a vote down.

VOTE: Down

In post 19, Formerfish wrote:I'll be around if anyone wants to engage with me/dance.

I'm Formerfish by the way, one of you resident SE's or semi-experienced players. I am here to help you through the beginning of your time here at Mafia Scum. If you have any questions shoot them my way, or to any of the SE's and the IC.
Hi, i am Jin, i am also an SE, future IC in the making, here to help you with serious answers. Feel free to ask the IC (TierShift i believe) any questions and if he doesnt jump on the question then i gladly will.
The vote seems forced.
I don't know you yet, but this is sarcasm correct?
Most likely.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 128, Formerfish wrote:
In post 85, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 28, Formerfish wrote:Jin. I am attempting to figure out your motivation in avoiding RVS. I did a quick dive into your ego search and saw that you don't always start your games this way, and that you have engaged in RVS before.

Why are you being so obstinate about RVS now? You seem like you've been around long enough to know that nonparticipation is frowned upon, and why that would be true.
I kinda don't understand why people think that refusal to participate in RVS (at least in fir ing wagons and all that) should be considered anti-town or at least THAT suspicious. People do tend to make a big deal about it, bur honestly, it is scum who want the RVS to go on as long as possible, as it gives them enough time to mash up with time and build up there mask.

I won't argue that RVS is a must in every game, since without it, it would be almost impossible to get the game truly started.
Scum hide in the fact that they are unable to be caught up in anything. If they avoid someone they can point us in that direction. If they focused on one person we can figure things out about their alignment as well. When someone chooses not to participate in RVS they deny town the ability to gain whatever information they can.
What information can you really get from RVS tho? It's a game starter. Really it only helps when you analyze a scumflup's post in RVzs in hopes of finding a potential parthner, but even so, I find that in RVS I talk with whoever has somethig to say, wich most of the time is shitpost.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 130, Formerfish wrote:I kinda want to hang one of the replacements simply for the fact that more often than not replace outs in newbie games are scum.
Ding ding dong, brilliant idea.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 138, MooginSoosy wrote:
In post 136, Formerfish wrote:See, I thought that you might have been talking about that stuff. I don't really know how to answer you here. As an SE I'm here to teach as well as play. Pointing out the proper play as town is part of what I do here. Also, I don't know how to play town any other way that working off the knowledge that I am town and playing accordingly.
That makes sense, but I also haven't seen anyone else mention that they're town. Most of the people have jyst mentioned that other people might be scum/talking about scummy actions.

I do appreciate that you admitted that you didn't know how to answer and seem cool and collected rather than immediately going on the defense. You are an experienced player as well, so that might be playing a factor in the tone of your response.
It all depends on meta and a set persons playstyle. I wild meta for town is to not really try and look like town (since this is mostly what scum do), but still show thst you are working in the interest of town since in the end you actually are.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 141, JackChaos wrote:Okay... form reads. Moogin seems a newbie like me so mostly harmless ALTHOUGH THAT COULD be a total bluff and one of us could murder your granny with a hammer.

Formerfish seems really aggressive but I'm guessing he's just a grizzled veteran of forums mafia. He's probably a townie.
Fykus is super friendly so I'm going to have to assume he's a total serial killer irl maybe in game as well. Tiershift is a scholar and a gentleman. Nydushermain I don't know what to think. I rather like the pink checkered avatar but that's about all I know of them. Pep seems like he wants a fair game so probably a mafia member. Toto is quiet.
I just love this ^^ it's bad, but still.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 167, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 130, Formerfish wrote:I kinda want to hang one of the replacements simply for the fact that more often than not replace outs in newbie games are scum.
Nope. I studied the raw data used for those statistics and they are BS. So unless you guys have a case we are not.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 156, Toto wrote:He is actually trying to gamesolve. Town needs to do that in oder to figure out who is scum and who isn't. Scum on the other hand don't need to figure out too much so they don't need to gamesolve. You can tell sometimes by the way they don't try to solve the game.
No town do not need to gamesolve...that is going too far imo. They need to try and deduse the good from the bad, but zi find thst members that try too fard and want to gamesolve in the first ten pages are prolly scum. Just an opinion.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 170, Toto wrote:
Nope. I studied the raw data used for those statistics and they are BS. So unless you guys have a case we are not.
I don Actually understand at who this is directed, nor what it actually means lol.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 171, Pepchoninga wrote:They need to try and deduse the good from the bad,
This is what game solving is.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 172, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 170, Toto wrote:
I don Actually understand at who this is directed, nor what it actually means lol.
It's directed at you and Formerfish. It means we are not lynching anyone that replaced in unless we have a good case other than they replaced in.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”