Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:46 am

Post by nydushermain »

I think that people are overexaggerating SAJ's posts. I think that shitposting on page 1 and 2 isn't antitown at all. In RVS, random shit happens and to say that someone is being antitown for making a poem within that period is hyperbole.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:12 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In regards to SAJ, I think that's been dropped for now.

Again, this is my first game so I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm trying to find things that seem suspicious and if someone points out "that's not actually suspicious" then I think about it again. How is the fact that my vote still stands for fykus scummy? I think there's still a possibility that fykus is scum and I don't want to change my vote just because it's "stale". You had the same vote for a long time until you just changed it to Toto.

I'm trying to question other people as well because there's more than just one mafia member. I'm thinking that's not a good strategy right now as it makes things jumbled and confusing. I didn't say jack was the most scummy overall, just the most scummy of the more inactive players.

I think you're faulting me for saying things are interesting which is just the way I talk? I almost said "I think it's interesting" again but had to stop myself. Me saying something is interesting is basically me asking "is this something worth looking into or am I not making sense".
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:21 am

Post by nydushermain »

And I acknowledge that you might just be confused which is why my vote isn't on you.

My vote wasn't on someone who I thought was scum. My vote was RVS.

Fair point about jack not being the scummiest overall to you. Who is the scummiest then? Still fykus? Maybe SAJ?

It's odd to me that you vote on someone who you think is "interesting" rather than scummy. Do you have a better case on fykus than the one you posted previously?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:35 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I would be tied between fykus based on their continuing interactions with tiershift and Toto actually. SAJ is practically nonexistent to me until he comes back and starts talking again. Toto's weird tone and sudden aggressive attitude just seems too weird, and the willingness to vote for fykus after tiershift said to (even though tiershift didn't vote for fykus) screams scum to me. It's like "oh there's already votes for fykus, let's just vote for fykus and be done with that". The nonchalance of tiershift saying "just vote for fykus" seems scummy as well.

I think I vote for someone who is interesting more than scummy because I want to see their response. Fykus didn't respond to me at first and only responded after tiershift asked why I hadn't been questioning them. I consider that tiershift trying to make me a better player by the way. Their response didnt make sense, as I clearly wasn't bandwagoning off TS since TS changed their vote.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:38 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 278, MooginSoosy wrote:I would be tied between fykus based on their continuing interactions with tiershift and Toto actually. SAJ is practically nonexistent to me until he comes back and starts talking again. Toto's weird tone and sudden aggressive attitude just seems too weird, and the willingness to vote for fykus after tiershift said to (even though tiershift didn't vote for fykus) screams scum to me. It's like "oh there's already votes for fykus, let's just vote for fykus and be done with that". The nonchalance of tiershift saying "just vote for fykus" seems scummy as well.

I think I vote for someone who is interesting more than scummy because I want to see their response. Fykus didn't respond to me at first and only responded after tiershift asked why I hadn't been questioning them. I consider that tiershift trying to make me a better player by the way. Their response didnt make sense, as I clearly wasn't bandwagoning off TS since TS changed their vote.
Can I try to summarize this post because I'm slightly confused? Tell me which ones are wrong and/or if I'm missing anything:

1) Toto could be scum
2) Toto AND TS could be scum partners?
3) Fykus isn't scummy, just odd
4) TS could be scum

Also, so do you think that fykus is scummy for not responding to you until prompted by TS or do you think he's still just... interesting?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:03 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I think it's scummy that fykus didn't respond and still thinks that TS is on his case which, turns out, is still true I guess. Honestly the three of them are all acting super suspicious and scummy (I'll try to use that word more to be clearer) but I feel as though I'm not skilled enough to figure out why I feel that way or put it into words.

I'm also on mobile right now which makes it difficult to find quotes/go back and look at specific things (laundry days are the worst)
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Toto »

I already explained why Im voting fykus. It is mainly because he is not trying to solve the game.

Does my aggressive attitude strikes you as scum motivated? Im not making lots of friends
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 274, nydushermain wrote:
In post 260, TierShift wrote:We can lynch fykus if you want?
Like why is fykus a better lynch than someone who is role fishing, even after constant warnings from the IC and other people explaining to him why what he is doing is bad? Why are you trying to work with someone who you think is potential scum as you mentioned in prior posts?
I see you mentioning that I distrust toto but I'm not particularly scumreading him. I just think he's being stupid. That's why I'm diverting attention away. Because I think the attack is stupid.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Toto »

Thanks Tier. I love you bud.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:39 am

Post by TierShift »

VOTE: fykus
If I wasn't there already.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:40 am

Post by TierShift »

Just be glad there still is someone on your rolefishing-ass side
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:41 am

Post by TierShift »

Ny, read on fykus?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Toto »

It makes sense in my head. We can chat after the game. Just promise me you'll make him claim if i get lynched or nightkilled
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:42 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 286, TierShift wrote:Ny, read on fykus?
Lynchable but not on my radar as scum.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:43 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 282, TierShift wrote:
In post 274, nydushermain wrote:
In post 260, TierShift wrote:We can lynch fykus if you want?
Like why is fykus a better lynch than someone who is role fishing, even after constant warnings from the IC and other people explaining to him why what he is doing is bad? Why are you trying to work with someone who you think is potential scum as you mentioned in prior posts?
I see you mentioning that I distrust toto but I'm not particularly scumreading him. I just think he's being stupid. That's why I'm diverting attention away. Because I think the attack is stupid.
But do you think he's town? You're saying you're "on his rolefishing side" as if you're town reading him but you're saying you distrust him? If you were townreading him, why did you say things like "I wonder if this is just dumb attack or role fishing" (paraphrased to memory), or asking him why he was playing complacent which is, in your words, different from his previous game where he was town?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 am

Post by nydushermain »

Your read progression doesn't make much sense to me. Also, why swap off moogin to fykus? Did you need a scummy town to push on and thought that moogin was too active for you to push?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:48 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Looking through, fykus voted for Toto after toto voted for fykus. This is the second time that fykus has done this. I don't know if it is suspicious, but I have a feeling it is. My vote for fykus stands.

I would find it suspicious because instead of saying why he's not suspicious he immediately goes into reasons why another person is more suspicious. The lack of defense tells me there is no defense, and that he is scum.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

Hmmm, I'm disliking toto more.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 232, Formerfish wrote:More votes are needed on the guy role fishing for a full claim from me.
I agree. His actions seem forced.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:50 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 237, Toto wrote:Because if he really is a PR we can tell whether he is telling the truth or not in newbies set up immediatelly. Im basically asking him to prove Im wrong about him being scum but he doesn't want to do it.

Im fine dropping this for today but if this scumfuck is alive tomorrow he better claims immediatelly in d2.
I find it finny that you soo actively pushing for a claim, when there is zero reason for it. There really is no benefit from that. We shouldn't even be talking about PR thst much day 1.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 257, Toto wrote:I don't follow. It would only reveal the potential set up we are playing. Say you claim doctor.

That means there can not be any Jailkeeper or Bulletproof. So if anyone else is a Doctor, Jailkeeper or Bulletproof they would counter claim. If they are cop or tracker they would just say 'No counter claim', same as everyone else. If everyone says 'No counter-claim' you are confirmed. If someone counter claims we lynch you.
And now he is talking about setup props. Why would a power role ever reveal itself day one like that. Especially people like the doctor that don't really have any benefit from revealing until late game if they end up living for that long. If they do claim:
1) Scum can easily counterclaim and either get the player lynched or kill them at night.
2) scum can do nothing and laugh as they kill the player without anybody noticing.

Your thinking is comming from scum perspective.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 273, nydushermain wrote:VOTE: Toto

I think that moogin is a good lynch as well but I feel like toto is just acting obviously scummy. Toto's role flip helps me a lot as well but either way, I think this is more likely to be scum than not.
Moogin is town.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

Anyways, I feel comfortable doing this:

VOTE: Toto
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Toto »

Ok. Im at l-1. One more vote and Im lynched. Tier how many scum do you think are in my wagon?
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

Oh, L-1?

UNVOTE: Toto

No lolhammers.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”