Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Skruffs »

If the sk wants to commit suicide, they can counter claim me. they'd be a lot smarter to counterclaim the doc though.

hi sikario!

there are five players alive... if we lynch wrong today, i will not be vigging tonight (unless i have a 100% chance of hitting scum) and we will go to a person endgame,which will at the least make scum lose even if town also loses.

if i wasn't the vig i would not be able to say i won't vig. :P

welcome to the game sikario - why did you kill thehermit?

Mod Edit

Vote Count

ChocolateAttack- 1 (cicero)

Not Voting- 4 (ChocolateAttack, HackerHuck, Silkario8, Skruffs)

3 to lynch
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:24 am

Post by cicero »

You think Toaster Strudel was the SK all along?
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:28 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Remember i have a post saying something about i have a feeling Cicero is scum. Now! i have a valid reason to back it up. When Gorgon got killed and turned out scum, Cicero expression for Gorgon scum role was
cicero wrote:I did NOT see that coming at all. Gorgon as scum I mean.

My scumdar... eet blowz.
cicero wrote: didn't "backtrack" on Gorgon though... I AB-SO-LUTELY thought he was town. All through day one.
I would never ever have voted for him. So either I'm his scumbuddy or my scumdar sucks
. But I don't think you meant backtracking.
Then when Pwanye got lynch and turn out scum, this was his expression.
cicero wrote:
So much for me being Pwayne's partner, kiddies.

Also - in a game which has filled me with much ignominy, I can proudly say: I was right about somestrangeflea.

Honestly I feel like crying, I'm so happy.

(still embarassed about my bad call on Pwayne though).

Strudel! Skruffs! Please begin your "Cicero is the serial killer" accusations. They are what you have left.

@Jordan - can you update the first post please?
I pick up extreme scum vibe out of these posts. He never though of Gorgon was scum, he buddy up with Pwanye. His respond for each scum dead was "oh! i am his scumbuddy, lol, i am just kidding". He always saying something like "i am scum" then follow with "but then i am not" to fool with our head and by start out saying the word scum, it'll make us to emiliminate our though of him being scum. ( i can't really express my thought here, i wonder if anyone get my point?)

Cicero never suspected Gorgon and never suspected Pwanye to be scum. In the tight spot where TS push Cicero and Pwanye "buddiness", Cicero started to say Pwanye could be Sk but not mafias.
He push hard for modkill, this is another reason why i believe he is scum.
Cicero play is aggressive, i though they would distancing each other but it was a better move that they all buddy up.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:29 am

Vote: Cicero
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:30 am

Post by cicero »

Maybe Chocolate Attack should do a better job of counting dead mafia bodies.

Then he should start marching toward the gallows like a good little lurking serial killer.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Skruffs »

I believe he is implying you are sk buddying up to mafia, cicero.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:32 am

Post by cicero »

No he isnt:
chocolate attack wrote: Cicero play is aggressive, i though they would distancing each other but it was a better move that they all buddy up.
Regardless, The SK has no idea who the mafia are. He can't choose to buddy up to them in particular. Either way his case doesn't work.

But there's no question, he was inferring that I am a member of the mafia. Not the SK.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

All of the scum so far have been non-aggressive. Pwayne and gorgon especially. The sk, traditionally, wants to be 'middling' - not too scummy to be lynched or investigated, but not too town to be a mafia target
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:03 am

Post by cicero »

I dont disagree necessarily. But where does that lead you in terms of suspects?

I would rule out you and TS as being far too aggressive. I can reliably rule out myself. You might be able to as well based on your theory, but in my own anti-defense I will say that I am starting to be of the opinion that I will just play the way I play regardless of role. Aggressive scumhunting seems to work best no matter what role I have. My natural scumminess keeps me from being NKed so far and my aggressive play keeps me from being lynched. But anyway, under your matrix I am less likely as well. I've drawn a ton of attention.

So that leaves me with Hackerhuck and Chocolate Attack as probable suspects. Of the two I find Chocolate Attack much more suspicious. His last post was just more evidence unless you want to argue that not paying attention is a town tell, at which point Hackerhuck is the most likely choice.

All of this, of course, presumes that Toaster would play rationally as an SK but that isnt so easy now is it. She has a meta of being a vote hopping crazy person. If she stops people suspect her even more.

Anyway, I cut it though CA looks like the best bet followed by Hackerhuck. Sitting where you are things may look different.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:26 pm

There are 2 dead mafias and I believe there is a third one and that is Cicero.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:35 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I just saw this when I did a preview and had to comment, so I apologise for the double post.
ChocolateAttack wrote:There are 2 dead mafias and I believe there is a third one and that is Cicero.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that he accidentally missed the two scum that were just killed (pwayne lynched yesterday Hermit NKed last night). I'm putting Choco Attack in second place on my list. I think he's just toying with us.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:37 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

OK, I'm going to talk this out a bit.

Let's assume that Jester's pockets tell us the truth. It implies he was the backup for a doc (needles), cop (sneakers), and a vig (baseball bat). I seriously doubt he was a backup for a serial killer. With our cop dead, that means we have a doc and a vig left. We also must have one scum left alive and for balance sake (and based on one of the night scenes), it's got to be a serial killer. That leaves us with two vanilla townies.

I fully believe Skruffs to be the vig now. There's absolutely no reason why the SK would claim early and if he isn't our vigilante, there's absolutely no reason why the real vigilante should keep quiet. Now that the roleblocker's gone, with a counterclaim we could vote no lynch and just let the vig and SK kill each other off in the night.

On the balance issue, I really can't fathom a four-person mafia group with a roleblocker. I am giving Jordan the benefit of the doubt on this, also because I believe we require someone else to review themes for balance. I think that the three power roles plus backup mesh well with a mafia roleblocker and another independent killer.

Now going back to my original thoughts as I replaced in, I felt that Choco and Cicero were townish, Skruffs was on the fence, and White (TS/Silkario) was scummy. Considering the SK would want to be in that middle group, I must have been pretty wrong about my assumptions - although I did peg both Pwayne and SSF in my list of scum.

I had put up White (Silkario) as scum, but my reasoning points to mafia not the SK. The scum tells fall apart if White has no knowledge of who the mafia are. That leads me to take a closer look at Toaster Strudel's posts...
* claims vanilla under no pressure and does it a few more times for good measure. This is a very bad move for town and TS should know better.
* consistent pushing for a lynch - almost any lynch. This is a pretty good strategy for an SK, because she's good enough to hit scum which will buy her cred with the town and she's also spreading her votes to townies so that the scum aren't too worried about her. This isn't a huge stretch, because it fits with her playstyle pretty well (which somewhat diminishes my point). Remember that the SK is much more likely to have the "lets kill anyone" attitude then mafia (they have a couple of partners that can't be killed).
* these two posts in succession by her (but one RL day apart)
Toaster Strudel wrote:
cicero wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:Cicero and SSF - could be distancing.
Yes! It could be distancing! Please lynch SSF to find out for sure!!!

Seriously, Strudel... are you drunk?
Better still, lynch cicero!

Meh, call me drunk all you want, my hunches are usually pretty good in this game.

And I don't like the way you're going after Skruffs. Skruffs smells more townie than you, to me.
Toaster Strudel wrote:I'm sorry folks, it's true, I've been skimming. But I won't anymore. I tend to have difficulty with details, so I hope you'll be patient and bear with me.

Top three candidates for lynch.

SKRUFFS
Gorgon (who was scum) voted for 3 players. Very frequently, scum will vote for their buddies within the first 3 players they will vote. Distancing. Gorgon's random vote was me; second for CLA (Skruffs) and the third for deadalus (our dead cop). Deadalus is town; I know I am town; therefore, by this one criteria that has worked very well in the past, I would say that Skruffs has a high probability of being scum.

CICERO
Looking at Skruff's and his many predecessors makes cicero especially suspicious.
CLA has some very odd, inexperienced scumbuddy comments about Cicero. Prof Guppy said that players that flake tend to be pro-town... FOS's cicero, voted theo, FOS'd shaka and SSF. Erotomachia also had a bone to pick with cicero and SSF, exculpated everyone else. Skruffs voted White, and voted cicero. Skruffs and all his predecessors might have been guilty of distancing with cicero.

HACKERHUCK
A distant third, on account of Gorgon voting for him (suspected distancing).
This change in attitude may be the "let's kill anyone" attitude I mentioned or it could be that TS wasn't skimming and she spotted something telling in Skruffs' response to my comments about the vig being careless by choosing Gorgon. (I'm pulling my foot out of my mouth now that I've realised what happened there.)
* I am a little surprised that Skruffs didn't say anything about this...
Toaster Strudel wrote:...One scum is gone. I don't think we have a 4-man mafia in a mini. But my best guess at the moment, and I admit this has been a tough game to wrap my head around, I'd say that pwayne66 and HH are scumbuddies. Interestingly pwayne66 is pretty aggressive, but not committing to a vote.
No evidence of a SK
, but I'd look for shaka!! if there was one. But that's reall iffy.
Bolding is mine.
* Lastly, TS had recently started to talk a lot about SK strategy and what the SK should do to survive (she said it's next to impossible in this game). I see a somewhat common thread that the SK will often talk about the role once it's obvious it exists. (this points a finger at Cicero too). In this case, it seems that TS was diminishing the impact of the SK as being such a loser that we shouldn't even worry about it. That's definitely how the SK wants to be treated.

Vote: Silkario
- I do realise that it's a difficult position for you to be in since I've based my case on what your predecessor(s) said, but I think you're our best bet for a win today.

As a point to ponder, knowing that Skruffs is town, might it be beneficial to direct his kill tonight, rather than have him sit idle (as he indicated was possible)? I think it might...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

With 5 alive, it would end the game if I killed wrong if we mislynch today. A mass claim would get the doctor exposed and thus killed, but would increase my chances to hit scum to 50%.

It's a compelling case hh but remember, you also downplayed the existance of the sk...

Ca: read up before your next post

Sikario: talk!
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Sikario8 »

Skruffs wrote:With 5 alive, it would end the game if I killed wrong if we mislynch today. A mass claim would get the doctor exposed and thus killed, but would increase my chances to hit scum to 50%.

It's a compelling case hh but remember, you also downplayed the existance of the sk...

Ca: read up before your next post

Sikario: talk!
Sorry, I was trying to keep up with reading; however, I'm here. Questions?
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:37 am

Post by Skruffs »

Side note: irrelevant now but why'd hermit kill shaka? Shaka was the obvious lynch today... Mayhaps he was planning on claiming vig today.

Why did sk kill hermit? Hermit was suspicious of me and cynical towards ts.. I can maybe see someone offing him in an attempt to make me look suspicious, or ts for that matter.

As another sidenote:
The three biggest wagons at the end of the day were two mafias and ts.... And, while I would saythat an sk would be idiotic to eliminate the other likely lynch during the night, ts might do that.

Lastly, how long was the night phase? Newbie mods occasionally make the mistake of quickly replacing power roles and scum during the night. Cheap meta but occasionally useful.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:09 am

Post by cicero »

This game is easy now. Town will win.

Hackerhuck was V/LA. Unable to send in a night choice. He didnt send one in. He isnt the SK.

Lynch ChocolateAttack.

Vig Sikario.

Reverse order as you like. We win.

I think CA is infinitely more likely to be SK than white/strudel.

I am not SK and can demonstrate it as required.
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Sikario8 »

cicero wrote:This game is easy now. Town will win.

Hackerhuck was V/LA. Unable to send in a night choice. He didnt send one in. He isnt the SK.

Lynch ChocolateAttack.

Vig Sikario.

Hey, don't vig the townie! What are we talking about here? Never mind, I'll go back and look myself, but don't vig town!
SHAME
on you!
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:48 am

HackerHuck wrote:I just saw this when I did a preview and had to comment, so I apologise for the double post.
ChocolateAttack wrote:There are 2 dead mafias and I believe there is a third one and that is Cicero.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that he accidentally missed the two scum that were just killed (pwayne lynched yesterday Hermit NKed last night). I'm putting Choco Attack in second place on my list. I think he's just toying with us.
You should believe it because i miss took mafia roleblocker for roleblocker. lol! so embarrasing NVM.

unvote
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:52 am

Post by cicero »

Anything more to add, CA? Who's our Serial killer?
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:52 am

cicero wrote:This game is easy now. Town will win.

Lynch ChocolateAttack.

Vig Sikario.

I unvote Cicero because i don't have any reason to believe he is mafias anymore but don't you guys find it odd that Cicero is really aggressive toward getting people kill, lynch, and modkill?
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:53 am

cicero wrote:Anything more to add, CA? Who's our Serial killer?
may be it you cause i know i am not.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:55 am

Post by cicero »

Oh. ok. that totally clears it up for me. As long as you say you're not. You can't be.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:08 am

I am town.

I'll give you my defend for lurking. Before my school semester started,i played a total of 4 games in this forum. But then when school started, my time was limited and i can't make time to play so i asked for replace one after another. This is the last game because i though this game worth playing and more exciting then other games so i try to stay back and see what happen. I didn't mean to lurk in all my games, i just don't have time to attend to it. Cicero, you were in werewolf noxkill, i was there too but then i quit coming to that game anymore and got replace, you should know that and if you want, i can link you to my other 2 games where i replaced.

You say that i am the sk, i have no defend for this because i don't know how to tell you i am not it.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Skruffs »

Uhhhh.

Why

Why would there be a town roleblocker?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:20 am

Post by cicero »

Well - I know I'm not it.

Hackerhuck was V/LA for night choices. Now it could be that Huck's the SK but Huck but he would have had to tell Jordan his night choice before he left for vacation and jordan would have had to decided not to extend the game for just another day or so to confirm that that's really what Huck wanted to do. People can decide how feasible that is. Huck may be the serial killer but that's the scenario.

White/TS played crazy all game to the point of almost hammering herself or getting nightkilled. White pursued lots of investigations and had no trouble making enemies, neither did TS. All indications are that contrary to playing to survive, TS's play was quite cavalier. Still TS may be the serial killer.

You on the other hand played a good survivors game, using your school as an excuse to contribute as little as possible. I know you are busy. I know you replaced out of several games. But I think you stayed in this one because you were more than a vanilla townie. You wanted to SURVIVE until the end. People dont get to play SK very often. You tell me this was a more interesting game, but this game has had some incredibly tedious times to it. A lot of them. And you stayed in this game of all of them? Why?? This game was more worthwhile and exciting
because you are the serial killer in this one
. As a vanilla townie I suspect you would have gotten yourself replaced long ago. You are probably the serial killer.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”