Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by nydushermain »

It feels like wherever there's some sort of traction in terms of a wagon, you just jump on it... EXCEPT when it's toto's slot who I think was acting a bit scummier (although I could see how he could be doing this as town) than either.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Uhh maybe it's because my slot isn't scummy at all?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Then why is he just jumping back and forth between two people? All he's doing is saying "these people are doing a good job in scum reading ____" or "what are your reads on these people getting voted on?" and then he places a vote.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I asked earlier in the thread if he could give his reads and he gave a cop out saying something along the lines of "I don't want to give my uncertain reads incase newbies just try to follow me because I'm an IC." But he hasn't really given anything other than a town read on you... which I had to ask for.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by nydushermain »

He could've just said "I townread toto and I think we should vote on ____" but I think he just didn't want to be associated with you but he couldn't have your slot get lynched either so he tried to draw the attention elsewhere. Why else would he refrain from giving the read on someone getting wagoned on?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I'm just not seeing TS having a town train of thought. Ugh. But I don't like moogin either, and I'm always lynching the toto spot before TS because I don't think TS is mafia if your slot is town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Uh that's complete fucking garbage. Why WOULDN'T scum!TS white knight my slot?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 431, RadiantCowbells wrote:Uh that's complete fucking garbage. Why WOULDN'T scum!TS white knight my slot?
It's the way he was doing it. He didn't white knight it until I told him to give his read on you. He was just passively trying to get the pressure off you by pushing the lynch onto other people. That's such a weird way for scum to play imo UNLESS you're together.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 431, RadiantCowbells wrote:Uh that's complete fucking garbage. Why WOULDN'T scum!TS white knight my slot?
It's the way he was doing it. He didn't white knight it until I told him to give his read on you. He was just passively trying to get the pressure off you by pushing the lynch onto other people. That's such a weird way for scum to play imo UNLESS you're together.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Double post sorry. Phone sucks
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by nydushermain »

What's your read on him?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.08Image

MooginSoosy (1)
Fykus (2)
, ,
RadiantCowbells (3)

Not Voting (3)
, , ,

Day one deadline is Monday January 25th, 2 PM PST. (expired on 2017-01-25 15:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 389, Toto wrote:
Smith. Replace me
wait what the hell? Did he just ragequit?
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 414, TierShift wrote:
In post 384, JackChaos wrote:Okay, caught up. Toto is so over the top I kind of think he's scum.
Why does being over the top make him scum, jack?
He wasn't explaining himself and he liked to be dramatic. It just didn't feel right... but hey it's my first game.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by JackChaos »

This game is really exciting but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. It seems like you guys just make up bullshit then argue about it to see who cracks. I'm sure there's an actual strategy to it but I've never been much of a politician type so forgive me for floundering.

Here, I'll try.

RadiantCowbells what else would you say here? I mean you wouldn't come into the game and be like "oh ya guys woo I'm scum." You popped in and insulted the town and then was adamant about the slot not being scummy at all. Attack the people and make them doubt themselves and they'll never suspect you, right?

Nope.

You're scum. That slot is poison and you know it. You're drenched in it and the way I see it, either that slot drags you down now or it drags one of us down at night.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 409, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 408, Fykus wrote:For now yes.
Why?
This + the complete absence of any reasons for his vote in his ISO is making me feel bad about the slot. Feels like he might be opportunistic scum who is hoping my lynch still goes through.
I wasn't sure I bought the 'raving like a lunatic' excuse the first time but him just leaving that vote down with no reasoning feels really shitty.
I am going to put this back down.

VOTE: Fykus
Toto was acting scummy as fuck, fish and others called him out on it and he almost gets lynched. Then I think Moogin asked me why my vote was still on him after a few people jumped off and I explained my reasons for that. Then in the next post he just up and ragequits. Like, if thats not Toto admitting he fucked up trying to pretend hes not scum then I dont know what is.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:00 pm

In post 440, Fykus wrote:
In post 409, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 408, Fykus wrote:For now yes.
Why?
This + the complete absence of any reasons for his vote in his ISO is making me feel bad about the slot. Feels like he might be opportunistic scum who is hoping my lynch still goes through.
I wasn't sure I bought the 'raving like a lunatic' excuse the first time but him just leaving that vote down with no reasoning feels really shitty.
I am going to put this back down.

VOTE: Fykus
Toto was acting scummy as fuck, fish and others called him out on it and he almost gets lynched. Then I think Moogin asked me why my vote was still on him after a few people jumped off and I explained my reasons for that. Then in the next post he just up and ragequits. Like, if thats not Toto admitting he fucked up trying to pretend hes not scum then I dont know what is.
I don't know maybe it's someone who got pissy that he wasn't getting anywhere with town and quit because of it?
YOU ARE A VIABLE LYNCH WAGON. YOU ARE IN FACT MORE LIKELY TO GET LYNCHED TODAY THEN TOTO WAS. WHY WOULD HE REPLACE OUT
NOW
?
In post 439, JackChaos wrote:This game is really exciting but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. It seems like you guys just make up bullshit then argue about it to see who cracks. I'm sure there's an actual strategy to it but I've never been much of a politician type so forgive me for floundering.

Here, I'll try.

RadiantCowbells what else would you say here? I mean you wouldn't come into the game and be like "oh ya guys woo I'm scum." You popped in and insulted the town and then was adamant about the slot not being scummy at all. Attack the people and make them doubt themselves and they'll never suspect you, right?

Nope.

You're scum. That slot is poison and you know it. You're drenched in it and the way I see it, either that slot drags you down now or it drags one of us down at night.
Alright this is what I was looking for. THIS is scum.

VOTE: JackChaos
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:05 pm

In post 435, nydushermain wrote:
What's your read on him?
We'll see whether or not and how he votes ScumChaos.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Wait a minute. You're Titus?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:17 pm

No, I am Kuribo.

YOU THINK YOU CAN FUCKING VOTE ME R O T F L M A O
OK LET'S GET THIS STRAIGHT FORMERFISH
YOU _ARE NOT_ LYNCHING ME. I HAVE NOT BEEN LYNCHED AS TOWN IN 10 YEARS ON THIS SITE.
IF YOU CONTINUE TRYING I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK WHAT PR YOU CLAIM TO BE I WILL FUCKING POWERLYNCH YOU KIDDO. YOU WILL BE FUCKING DEAD BEFORE YOU CAN FULLCLAIM.
GET THE FUCK OFF OR I WILL FUCKING RUIN YOU.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:19 pm

Actually I'm Frozen Angel.

You are voting me!??!?!
GET OUT OF HERE!

and yes your vote on me is really nothing more than a omgus - and a really shitty one

Your rage screams bruised ego to me :/
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Actually I'm Mastin2.

And frankly, I think the fact that there's even a wagon on me is rather silly.

And don't get me wrong. I understand it.

Like, Toto played very anti-town. His decisions were terrible and he worked against town win condition.

BUT.

That is not the same as being scum.

In fact it's rather obvious to me and was rather obvious before I replaced in that there is no way Toto would play like this as scum.

I mean think about it. Toto is not some scum mastermind who planned this whole thing like you are claiming to believe.

Now if it was, say, RadiantCowbells who went crazy trying to lynch someone who softed PR then claimed their soft publicly- then yes, you have a case. Because he WOULD do something like that.

Toto has 6 months on this site and is clearly not an alt. A cursory examination of his meta doesn't show him being any sort of scum mastermind who abuses belligerency to get townread.

I think it is (or should be) pretty obvious to everyone experienced and with their head on straight that my slot is town.

I understand that your frustration with my predecessor's play is preventing you from seeing the game clearly and I empathize but it is not towards my wincondition to let you lynch me.

I will continue attempting to lynch scum, thank you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:34 pm

In hindsight I reparsed what Chaos said and it being deliberately blown out of proportion as opposed to scum posturing steals the strength of my scumread on it.

UNVOTE:

I originally townread Nydus but there's been some really weird shit that came out of his mouth on the last few pages and I want a chance to reread it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Fuck I want to add not being Ranger to the mastin wallpost. My life is ruined.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:38 pm

I do feel like in general the votes on me are really, really sticky. FF is not something I want to get into atm but I think that Jack and Fykus are being unreasonably so.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”