Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 440, Fykus wrote:
In post 409, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 408, Fykus wrote:For now yes.
Why?
This + the complete absence of any reasons for his vote in his ISO is making me feel bad about the slot. Feels like he might be opportunistic scum who is hoping my lynch still goes through.
I wasn't sure I bought the 'raving like a lunatic' excuse the first time but him just leaving that vote down with no reasoning feels really shitty.
I am going to put this back down.

VOTE: Fykus
Toto was acting scummy as fuck, fish and others called him out on it and he almost gets lynched. Then I think Moogin asked me why my vote was still on him after a few people jumped off and I explained my reasons for that. Then in the next post he just up and ragequits. Like, if thats not Toto admitting he fucked up trying to pretend hes not scum then I dont know what is.
VOTE: Fykus

Yeah, good with this vote. Literally all he did is say that I was acting scummy as fuck without saying a word as to why and citing other's reasons then says I'm scum because Toto RQ ???
I mean no shit Toto RQ but why would Scum!Toto RQ when momentum against them was failing hard. There's zero content to this post.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Formerfish »

What the fuck was all that?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

:]
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:36 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 417, MooginSoosy wrote:I promise I'm not scum I'm just very very bad at playing this game. (This statement sounds suspicious but it's the truth so I'll go with it since I don't know how else to word it)

Is there anything I can clear up or any questions I can answer that will help?
You can start by actually hunting scum if you'd like?
In post 418, MooginSoosy wrote:Also what does sheep mean? Just following you in voting for me?
Exactly
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:36 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 424, nydushermain wrote:
In post 416, TierShift wrote:RC your post on moogin was good don't get distracted now

VOTE: moogin

Can people who townread me please sheep tyvm
What. You went on moogin in an earlier post, then took pressure off of moogin to get the toto slot out of hot water to vote fykus? Then you're saying to go back on moogin? You're just voting randomly between the two... explain
I liked the RC's post and reread moogin.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:04 am

Post by TierShift »

Rc why do you feel your slot is obvtown?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:54 am

Post by TierShift »

Cuz apparently you're the only one who thinks so
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:57 am

Post by TierShift »

Ny, I think you're having trouble with the fact that I'm not showing my thought process rather than with the thought process itself.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

So here's where I'm falling short in your eyes, TS. I'm not assertive when making my claims. I put out my thoughts a lot of the time and don't follow through. This is something I'll work on for this game and other games moving forward. I will say this, AGAIN, I am trying to figure this out but having trouble seeing where people are being scummy. So I've been trying to observe which I already know is scummy based on a statment someone else made but I'm trying to wrap my head around all this.

Is it typical for people to take notes or is that over the top?? (Half joking, half serious)
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:26 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 457, TierShift wrote:Ny, I think you're having trouble with the fact that I'm not showing my thought process rather than with the thought process itself.
Then show the thought process. I think that you withholding a lot of why you're doing certain things is causing me to create my own reasons to fill in the blanks. But I don't see any other reasons that make sense so fill it in for me with something that might make sense in a townie mindset.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:30 am

Post by TierShift »

Some people do take notes. Do whatever you like.

I don't think you're scummy for observing. Everyone observes. The fact is that I don't get the feeling that you genuinely scumread the people that you are pushing. If you think someone is scum, you attack them. You want them to stay in the spotlight. You analyse their every move. If you don't scumread anyone, you should feel bad and make sure that you are. You are town, after all. You want to figure out the game.

That town thought process is something that you completely lack.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:36 am

Post by TierShift »

I think fykus is scummy for just following the toto wagon without adding anything to the discussion. He's not really questioning anyone or trying to figure out the game. It might be lack of commitment to the game though instead of being scum.

Now I voted moogin bc RC pointed stuff out about her and I decided to reread her leading to my reasoning laid out in my previous post.

That enough?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 461, TierShift wrote:I think fykus is scummy for just following the toto wagon without adding anything to the discussion. He's not really questioning anyone or trying to figure out the game. It might be lack of commitment to the game though instead of being scum.

Now I voted moogin bc RC pointed stuff out about her and I decided to reread her leading to my reasoning laid out in my previous post.

That enough?
What made you vote initially on moogin and then ask toto if he wanted to lynch fykus and then swap to fykus? Did you forget that moogin was a scumread?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:25 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Oh my god I just made this really good post and DELETED IT so let me try to recreate it here:

In the first few pages, Jack arrives and says he's completely new to this other than playing town of salem a few times. He then says he's afraid that he'll say something to screw up. If you're a town member, you're likely going to say something and screw up, but it'll be easier to get out of it than if you're scum and don't have a good defense. TS tells Jack to determine if someone is being scummy or if their posts seem genuine. I make a post and Jack immediately turns around and votes for me because I'm "playing it cool". As FF keeps going after Jin, Jack decides that FF has a point and votes for Jin. FF takes the vote off Jin as it was at l-1, and Jack asks if it would be bad for a lynch to occur this early on. Of course scum would want an early lynch, it means less talking during the day and therefore less of a chance that they'll screw up somewhere.

Jack then makes a half-assed post about everyone and doesn't really follow through on any of it, even though there are people that he thinks are scum in it. TS tells him to actually vote for someone instead of just thinking that there might be scum. Jack ignores this and doesn't vote for anyone. Jack makes another post that is unrelated to finding scum and says this game is about paranoia and bad judgement. TS tells him he's wrong and wants Jack to vote for someone, which he doesn't. Jack disappears for a while and returns as the FF/Toto train is dying down. Citing FF in the post before he votes, Jack votes for Toto.

Jack then makes a post stating that he's keeping his vote for the Toto slot, and how easy it is for RC to come in and claim town. Convenient, as FF made a very similar argument. Jack also seems to mimic FF's way of talking and making accusations against RC.

I don't know what this connection to FF is or why Jack feels the need to attach himself to FF, but I am very certain that Jack is scum.

VOTE: JackChaos
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:50 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 462, nydushermain wrote:What made you vote initially on moogin and then ask toto if he wanted to lynch fykus and then swap to fykus? Did you forget that moogin was a scumread?
Moogin was not that much of a scumread. I just wanted to divert the attention away from the fruitless FF-toto battle to some of the newbies that were failing to participate.

Moogon, comments on my post about you?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:52 am

Post by TierShift »

Moogin you just cited everything jack did. What you want to do is tell us why he's scum for it.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:34 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Shoot, I thought I did. Ok, so he's scum for it because he's essentially copying a player that is very active and, based on what people have said about FF, seems to be on everyone's radar as town. As a new player, and as a new scum player, it would be the best way to try to blend in if he attached himself to a player that seems like town. Does that make sense?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:45 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 460, TierShift wrote:Some people do take notes. Do whatever you like.

I don't think you're scummy for observing. Everyone observes. The fact is that I don't get the feeling that you genuinely scumread the people that you are pushing. If you think someone is scum, you attack them. You want them to stay in the spotlight. You analyse their every move. If you don't scumread anyone, you should feel bad and make sure that you are. You are town, after all. You want to figure out the game.

That town thought process is something that you completely lack.
Is this the post? I'll respond to this one and if it's the wrong post then let me know.

I can't disagree with you on this post. I've been partially scum reading people and not following through. I should be doing all of those things and I haven't been. Me saying I'm new can't be an excuse anymore because everyone has been saying it to everyone else. I can't go back and change how I was in the forum before, but I can start going after people now and keeping them in the spotlight.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:45 am

Post by nydushermain »

This is when you, TS, tried to divert attention away to moogin. You say it's fruitless but you were questioning toto at the time.
In post 212, TierShift wrote:
In post 206, Toto wrote::shifty:
In post 205, Formerfish wrote:
In post 178, TierShift wrote:Toto what's up with that complacent tone? Why are you acting like this?
Toto, I'll put this here too since I don't remember seeing a reply to it. Guess that means that Tier is my partner, right? Cause they aren't pressuring you to answer that question.
I don't know what a complacent tone is
In our previous game you seemed like you wanted to work with everyone. In this game, you act like you know it all without interacting a whole lot.
In post 214, TierShift wrote:
In post 199, Toto wrote:While Fish attacks Jin for not voting in RVS he doesn't say anything about Fykus, who is also not voting RVS. At the same time he questions me for RVS voting Moogin instead of any of pre-existing wagons. Why ask that question if he feels RVS voting is what people should be doing? He is not being consistent in his line of questioning and thoughts.

Now he asks me how accurate my day 1 reads are. Why would you ask that question as TOWN? IT MAKES NO SENSE. Seriously, if we don't lynch this guy after asking this question I don't know what else to tell you.
I'm wondering if this is a serious case or just trying to probe
In post 215, TierShift wrote:Fish, what is your read on toto?
You claim that your townread on toto was this:
In post 366, TierShift wrote:It's town I think.

Rolefishing so blatantly is something scum don't do because it makes them a likely lynch target, especially in a newbie game. Town are more indifferent towards getting lynched and will just do whatever they THINK is the correct play.
But he wasn't "rolefishing" at the time because all he said was "fine you claimed PR" but he didn't delve deeper into it so if you claim to have had a townread on him then, you're just lying or just happened to have forgotten. So your claim that you tried to divert pressure away from toto and onto moogin just to nullify the argument between the two, when you were LITERALLY questioning toto's alignment at that time, unless your posts are posts you just put in there for the sake of having a good activity count, is absolute BS. Your play does not line up with what you claim to have been saying.

VOTE: Tiershift

This is literally just an anger vote. I know for like 99% sure that this won't get enough traction but this is driving me to vote on toto's slot. Funny enough, I think that moogin is still leaning scum, AND I think that her target, jack's catchup post was god awful and reeked of scum. I'll post my real vote on my phone at some time today but damn... Tier, your play is incredibly inconsistent if you're town.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 am

Post by nydushermain »

I'm almost there daddy... I'm almost there...
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:04 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Well jeez I didn't think my post was that bad haha. Can you explain to me why you think it reeked of scum? I thought that the fact that jack was copying everything FF did basically was super scummy.

I'll direct a question to Jack. Why are you following FF in whatever way he votes? Do you have any of your own scum reads that are separate from FF?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:18 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 420, Formerfish wrote:See here's my theory of what just happened here. I feel like Toto is scum. He attacked me in a very odd manner, coming to form very concrete views based off of "reasons," and he wasn't expecting to run into a PR. He spazed and went completely off the rails. He knew that the only thing he could do was fully commit and scortch earth. That way you, Radiant, could come in all calm and be like "yo, I'm chill, let's not fight, bygones right?"

Nope.

The slot is toxic and needs to hang. The slot will not be a nk target now because of the wifom it creates. I will be cleared eventually, this slot won't until we hang it.
In post 439, JackChaos wrote:This game is really exciting but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. It seems like you guys just make up bullshit then argue about it to see who cracks. I'm sure there's an actual strategy to it but I've never been much of a politician type so forgive me for floundering.

Here, I'll try.

RadiantCowbells what else would you say here? I mean you wouldn't come into the game and be like "oh ya guys woo I'm scum." You popped in and insulted the town and then was adamant about the slot not being scummy at all. Attack the people and make them doubt themselves and they'll never suspect you, right?

Nope.

You're scum. That slot is poison and you know it. You're drenched in it and the way I see it, either that slot drags you down now or it drags one of us down at night.
These posts are just so similar how could this not be scummy
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:20 am

Post by nydushermain »

What's your read on tiershift moogin?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 am

Post by nydushermain »

@smith, when does SAJ have until prod?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:25 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 472, nydushermain wrote:What's your read on tiershift moogin?
I'm with you on TS being very inconsistent. There are a few posts that really stand out to me and you touched upon some of them as well. I'll go and find them.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”