Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Cicero 4 (Kison, Shanba, The Fonz, Pokerface)
Lowell 3 (MoS, Tarhalindur, Ectomancer)
Mcpaltp 2 (Ibaesha, Yosarian2)
ABR 2 (Erg0, Taffmaster)
Pokerface 2 (Axelrod, Lowell)

Not Voting:
Roach
, Korlash, Cicero, ABR, Mcpaltp

With 18 alive, and 17 present, 9 votes are now required to lynch.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

cicero wrote:Anybody else feel like banning him now?
Then why aren't you voting me ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:27 am

Post by cicero »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
cicero wrote:Anybody else feel like banning him now?
Then why aren't you voting me ?
I don't really vote when I'm beside myself with rage. Voting's too good for you. You should be replaced by the mod. There may be a perfectly good vanilla townie seat that you're sitting in.

I'll be back when I've cooled down.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:37 am

You have no time to 'cool down'. Vote. Bandwaaagon.GO GO.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm going to ask, because I looked and still can't find it, as obvious as our mod may believe it to be...

If we don't get to a normal majority, it's a No Lynch right?
Bear in mind, the mod is also
not counting
votes that are already in place unless those players make a post before deadline.
Now, I don't know why the mod would want to slant the deadline towards benefiting scum, but that's the impression I get. The speculation that we are very far ahead as town is probably at least an educated speculation.

ABR lied. Cicero previously pointed out that he likes to lie as town. So he could be town lying, or he could be scum that came out with the blatant lie after being questioned, depending upon Cicero's call for banning for everyone to say "Bah, he really DOES lie as town".
Implying that you have a role, and out right stating that you do are two different things. You could have implied a guilty, without saying it. But what you did was a straight up lie.
This isn't entirely LAL, as I believe you could have just been scum slipping up.

I think Cicero should try to determine whether he is a CPR Doc or not by targeting ABR tonight. :twisted:
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:43 am

Post by cicero »

It's all about attention for you. You're world is lonely. This game doesnt matter. You just desperately need people to pay attention to you. You should find a more adult and productive way to achieve that, Albert.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:49 am

Post by cicero »

Ectomancer wrote:If we don't get to a normal majority, it's a No Lynch right?
Yes. That is correct. I had to go dig it out. BM thinks it is in the frontpage rules but I didnt find it.

I think Cicero should try to determine whether he is a CPR Doc or not by targeting ABR tonight. :twisted:
The thought has crossed my mind on about eleventy thousand different occasions.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:51 am

It's all about attention for you. You're world is lonely. This game doesnt matter. You just desperately need people to pay attention to you.[/quote]

Correct. This is true, just like the fact that you are very much emotionally investigated in this game, maybe too much for your own good.
cicero wrote:You should find a more adult and productive way to achieve that, Albert.
Suggestions ?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:52 am

Post by cicero »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
cicero wrote:You should find a more adult and productive way to achieve that, Albert.
Suggestions ?
Long walk. Short pier.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:54 am

asdfgqwerty

Cicero wrote:It's all about attention for you. You're world is lonely. This game doesnt matter. You just desperately need people to pay attention to you.
Correct. This is true, just like the fact that you are very much emotionally
invested
in this game, maybe too much for your own good.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:58 am

cicero wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Suggestions ?
Long walk. Short pier.
You mean want me to drown ? lol ? Yknow that thing I said about me interpreting everything you say in a bad light ? Is this one of those times ?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:02 am

Post by cicero »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:asdfgqwerty

Cicero wrote:It's all about attention for you. You're world is lonely. This game doesnt matter. You just desperately need people to pay attention to you.
Correct. This is true, just like the fact that you are very much emotionally
invested
in this game, maybe too much for your own good.
The "it's only a game" defense. I'm not overly emotionally invested. I'm appropriately emotionally invested. If the game didnt bring me emotions - for example being pleased with success or disappointed with failure, I wouldnt play. That's the nature of games.

When someone cheats or screws over the game and wrecks the mental effort of numerous other people, the appropriate response is anger. There is nothing unhealthy or abnormal about that. Saying "settle down, I fucked you over but it's only a game" merely adds insult to injury. It's schoolyard bully childishness.

If I came to your house to hurt you THAT would be inappropriate and an overreaction. I'm displaying precisely the appropriate amount of frustration given the situation you put me and my team in and the fact that I have no remedy to make you go away and therefore cannot be secure in the idea that this will not happen again. This isnt the only game we are in together.

You should quit or mods should stop letting you into their games. Because you dont want to play. You are a long term troll. Your game is attention for Albert at all costs. Which is fine for ABR in General Discussion. It is not acceptable in games.

The best punishment for you is to ignore you and, if possible, get you removed from the site.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:12 am

Listen to yourself. Don't you have any bigger problems in life Cicero ? Me neither. So here we are, discussing morality. You are implying that I was getting a high off playing mafia, just like you are. Vote, bandwagon, all fun and exciting. But eventually that high went away, and I had to find different ways to maintain that level of interest. So I claim bizarre things, make plays that are off-the-hook, and gain a reputation of unreliability and untrustworthy. That's all fine and dandy, except that's not my story. Don't take my word for it though, it might fuck with your mind and enrage you more.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:13 am

untrustworthinesss. I should really pay more attention to what I write on here lol
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:19 am

Post by cicero »

I'm done discussing with you. Back to the game.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:20 am

Post by mcpaltp »

##Vote:ABR

Unacceptable.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:24 am

cicero wrote:I'm done discussing with you. Back to the game.
O.K good, I just have one last thing to say:

1. Quit making yourself out to be a victim. You are not. You are free of any bonds and
nobody
, not even the letter "A" in a display picture can force you to be something you're not.

2. Don't try to project your internal state onto people around you. You will just live in a world of illusions. I've been there, and its a dark place; a place where you can convince yourself of anything if it will make you feel better, but a place so disconnected from reality that when you do finally wake up, you will hit rock bottom. So don't try to make
me
out to be a victim either. That's just projecting your delirium on the walls of your cell.

We are just two cool dudes on a forum dedicated to playing mafia. One is having fun, and the other is not because he's letting external factors mess with his idea of entertainment. Obviously one of us has to change something for both to be happy. Either I have to magically transform into a good little innocent townie, or you have to decide that you will not let your entertainment be dictated by me.

Phew that was demanding.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:27 am

Post by Erg0 »

Let's not have another one of those discussions.

Bottom line: We're in a good enough position that we can afford a mislynch, and based on that I think it's in the town's interests to off Albert at this point whether he's scum or not. This is not a problem that will be solved by waiting, I think we're better off saving any power roles from wasting actions on him tonight.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:28 am

Erg0 wrote:Let's not have another one of those discussions.

Bottom line: We're in a good enough position that we can afford a mislynch, and based on that I think it's in the town's interests to off Albert at this point whether he's scum or not. This is not a problem that will be solved by waiting, I think we're better off saving any power roles from wasting actions on him tonight.
Holy heck, that's the second time you've had to deal with this. I salute you, sir.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:29 am

Post by cicero »

Vote ABR

Erg0, yeah personally I dont quite know how to handle the CPR doc-ness. I really dont feel like randomly experimenting on someone with it. I think I'll play as a vanilla townie. I dont really see much other choice for the moment. No matter what else we know we know that I targetted Adel and Adel is dead. Future nightkills may show another explanation but for the moment I'm going on the theory that I kill patients.

Any disagreement?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:30 am

Post by cicero »

That "any disagreement" question wasnt just for Erg0. Anyone can chime in.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:31 am

Erg0 has come to the same conclusion as I have to a different degree: I said we could afford a misclaim, he says we can afford a mislynch. I take both to be truthful.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

cicero wrote:1. Pretending to be cop as town is only a perfectly legal gambit if we let it remain a perfectly legal gambit. In most team sports doing things that fuck over your team like that find a way to get weeded out eventually. This is not a sit-com named "Oh Albert". It is in no way "fair".
That's just silly, you know. The entire point of mafia is trying to figure out if someone else might be telling the truth or not, and why they might or might not be doing what they're doing. You (strangely) seem to be assuming that Albert is a lying townie, which is a bit odd. But in any case, a townie certanly has the right to lie about anything he wants to if he thinks it's going to help his side. Trying to make it against the rules to do that would just be horrible, IMHO. And trying to BAN someone from playing mafia for something that you THINK should be against the rules but isn't is...I don't even know what to say about that. That's why I'm wondering if this whole thing is an attempt on your part to just convince us all not to listen to Albert, because I have trouble beliving you would
actually want to get someone banned for that.

2. Your comment about ignoring my dust up with ABR looks like a lie right now. You are saying now that you deliberately ignored the discussion. But your comment AFTER I brought it to your attention was:
Yosarian2 wrote:You want to get ABR banned? Am I missing something here?
This shows that you werent paying attention and then that you lied about paying attention.
No, I had been ignoring it.
3. Your McPaltp response is just a repetition of what you said the first time. I respond with what I said.
Um, what? That dosn't even make any sense. Are you trying to get me to vote for you here?

You said "in general, there's nothing wrong with being undecided". I said "that's true, but IN THIS SPECIFIC INSTANCE, that is exactally what I would expect you to do if you and McPaltp were scum together". That is, with both you and him under pressure, and with someone claiming to be a cop with a guilty on you, you would pretty much just try to avoid connecting the two of you in any way, so when forced to comment on it you would do so in a completly neutral way. You response was to try to pretend I was just going on "generic scum tells", which is just silly.
5. Fighting my own mislynch is very pro-town. As you WELL know, I would normally never call for a mislynch. If I thought it was a completely bad idea I would have been calling for Ecto's head pages and pages ago. In this specific situation it MIGHT make sense. More importantly I think the distinction is moot. Ecto called for it, I said "a mislynch like ecto said". His reasons = my reasons by reference. I'm never a big fan of a no lynch but in this case I happen to know that the lynchee is a mislynch. Me! :D
Well, then, the correct pro-town move would be to try to put together a bandwagon against someone who actually IS scum. Trying to suggest a no-lynch, even though you KNEW it was a bad idea, just in order to save your own skin, is a scum move.

Note that I never attacked Ecto for "suggesting a no-lynch", because while he was wrong, Ecto-scum wouldn't have anything to gain really by suggesting a no-lynch there. It's not a "generic scum tell", it's a very specific scummy action on your part this specific situation.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Erg0 »

cicero wrote:
Vote ABR

Erg0, yeah personally I dont quite know how to handle the CPR doc-ness. I really dont feel like randomly experimenting on someone with it. I think I'll play as a vanilla townie. I dont really see much other choice for the moment. No matter what else we know we know that I targetted Adel and Adel is dead. Future nightkills may show another explanation but for the moment I'm going on the theory that I kill patients.

Any disagreement?
I don't know if you need to play as a townie, but you probably shouldn't play as a doctor. If you think you've got a good test subject then have a go, but it's probably best to keep your intentions to yourself as much as possible.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:37 am

Post by cicero »

Wow. Does Yosarian ever need to read up before he hits submit. ;-)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”