Newbie 1766 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I don't see how;

So, as I've said, in a newbie game, there's no room for scum to fake claim a PR because it's far too easy to get CCed.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 3.4

rb (1) - Sofiel
Aeronaut (1) - rb

Not voting (4) - Aeronaut, lucca261, ssbm_Kyouko, the_end

With six players alive, it takes four votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Three is Thursday, 26th January 23.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2017-01-26 23:00:00)).

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 450, Aeronaut wrote:I don't see how;

So, as I've said, in a newbie game, there's no room for scum to fake claim a PR because it's far too easy to get CCed.
I've gotten away with fake CCing as scum in a newbie. Claimed cop when the tracker outed a guilty on me (doctor was flipped) and won the 1v1 in LyLo
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:07 am

Post by the_end »

@aero and @lucca good luck trying to get @rb to answer why he's so sure ssbm is town. I've asked rb to elaborate a few times (see for latest) but he has ignored me.

I'm in agreement that there is definitely atleast one scum in aero and rb.

Lucca has already expressed his suspicions of an aero scumslip in . @rb, in you're sure aero is scum based on the lucca NK. Care to elaborate?
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Sofiel »

@Lucca

Ssbm so far has been a good townplayer imo. The input he's had has been pretty decent, and the interactions list is a solid townplay. And your reaction to my read on aero is fair Lucca, but rb's vote for Aero is holding me back esp in conjunction with him pulling out of the Zekro wagon. I mean, I guess rb could be bussing here but I wouldn't think he'd feel under threat enough after one vote to bus his partner. It's more likely imo that he's trying to influence discourse abt Aero rather than anyone else.

My votes for the scum team rn are t_e/rb bc, again, after the first day they both were able to slip under the radar. t_e voted on all the town lynch wagons. rb for the reasons i stated in . Aero could still be scum & shouldn't escape scrutiny tho. I mean there's been the withholding of information on his part ( ) which I just don't get bc more information is more helpful to town and if you're gonna withhold information to try and get scum (who would love information withholding) I just don't get it.

I'm going to be v/la for a couple of days (i've been busy/travelling but have been able to check in but over the next few days I don't think I'll be able to), but I hope to be back by abt Sunday. (I'll send a PM to Huntress too.)
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by the_end »

I've read enough.

VOTE: rb

rb has consistently played a shit game - pushing quick lynches (see , and ) and making strong claims without any supporting statements (See his claims of me being scum and ssbm being town, not once has be elaborated on questions why he made those claims despite people asking him several times. See my ).

He is fully milking his "confirmed town" status that nearly everyone has given him from the starting of the game. There is no doubt that rb is an excellent player. He posts open ended leading questions (see and ), where rather than explaining why he thinks someone is scum he basically leads us into convincing ourselves that that person is scum. Note also that he has never posted a full readlist himself.

See also "townslip" posts like where he regrets not being around and allowing a "shit" zeke lynch. Yet in he was fine with lynching zeke. He has positioned himself as "confirmed town" from the beginning and only drops in occasionally to keep up appearances, since whoever we lynch is fine with him as long as we lynch a town. This is obvious to me as he has never once argued strongly against a wagon.
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Post by the_end »

scumteam is rb and Sofiel

Early in the game, the exchange between rb and Sofiel from post 113 to 119 feels like rb was coaching Sofiel (this was the time Sofiel got a lot of heat for voting and unvoting). See my post for a summary. See also ssbm's reread notes in

In rb says Sofiel is the best lynch. In rb says Sofiel makes sense in most scumteams and Sofiel is on his scumlist. In Sofiel is no longer his lynch vote, infact, rb goes so far as to say that even if Sofiel is scum he's willing to let Sofiel win. This feels like rb was attempting to gradually take the heat off Sofiel and redirect it onto aero (and me). Of course if Sofiel does get lynched today and turns out to be scum then rb can say he always thought Sofiel was scum.
Sofiel voting rb is a calculated move. I think rb and Sofiel are confident that rb wont get lynched today because rb has been considered town by nearly all players since the beginning of the game, and even with the recent scrutiny of rb (and aero) Sofiel's vote on rb is unlikely to impress anyone into voting for rb. Even if rb does get lynched today then Sofiel comes out looking super town tomorrow. I think their intent is to distance themselves from each other, yet still not get the other fellow lynched.

I dont think rb and ssbm are scum partners. I dont think rb would so openly partner ssbm by repeatedly claiming that ssbm is town. I think rb has been using ssbm as a means to divert attention from his partnership with Sofiel. If people suspect an ssbm and rb scum partnership they're likely to lynch ssbm rather than rb, which is good for rb.

There is a possibility that aero and rb are partners. If this is the case then they've been very subtle about it. ssbm's reread notes also suggest that this partnership is unlikely. Either way, rb is the common factor in both possible scum teams and thus my vote on him.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 3.5

rb (2) - Sofiel, the_end
Aeronaut (1) - rb

Not voting (3) - Aeronaut, lucca261, ssbm_Kyouko

With six players alive, it takes four votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Three is Thursday, 26th January 23.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2017-01-26 23:00:00)).

Notes

Sofiel is V/LA until 22/1.
rb has been prodded.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I feel like the current VC reinforces the theory one of aero/rb is scum with one of te/Sofiel. No reason for scum to bus here which leaves rb's only partner as aero
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Again bussing doesn't make sense here so I don't think rb can be scum here

VOTE: Aero
Maybe with the end, that post explaining Sofiel/rb team is a huge stretch
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by rb »

The_end is scum regardless of whether it's aero or sofiel btw
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by rb »

The_end have you even had a single fucking townread all game?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by rb »

Sofiel, unvote me. Vote aero or the_end
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by rb »

Basic logic is that I'm town, read closely because the way this game has played out makes it almost impossible:
1. I wouldn't bother bussing my scumpartner all game nor would I bus them here. I'm not scum with the_end or aero
2. I wouldn't hard buddy my scumpartner when it's possible I'm a lynch. I'm not scum with Ssbm
3. Sofiel isn't going to make her only play be a big case on her scumbuddy on Day3 when scum have 2 alive and know the last PR and can just kill the PR - there's no chance of a guilty here and so no need to try get towncred. All the scum need to do is just get a lynch on anyone not scum. I'm not in a scumteam with Sofiel.
4. Lucca is conftown, it's the only person that makes sense as scum with me, but I can't possibly be

Unvote me, this is an awful lynch
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by rb »

This is why I want to find our lynch based on who is or isn't a likely scumteam. With 2 scum left in 6 players and 1 conftown, we can very easily narrow this lynch down to something good.

ALSO I was basically a universal townread im this game on night 2 and if I was scum I would have been doing kill. Anyone who thinks I'm scum is dumb or just scum themselves
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by rb »

@the_end literally if you're town I will end you (hheehehee). "no reasons ssbm is town"

He's the most obvious fucking town player in this entire game, doing more pro-town things than any other slot has all game. Meanwhile since day1 your reads have literally had every single slot range from null to scumlean.

Yeah good job you're such a good player, you've basically just said all game "maybe someone in this game is a scum!!" which is just the precedent of the game, that some ppl are town and some are scum.

Don't call me a shit player when you're not even playing the game twat
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by rb »

Also I'm pretty sure team is aero/sof now

Vote aero.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by rb »

Hey guys I'm scum with either Sofiel or Aero - that makes sense when I'm trying to lynch Aero and Sofiel is trying to lynch me in MyLo.

#goodplayerthings
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by lucca261 »

I think End is town, RB. It's between {Kyouko, Aero and Sofiel.}

I want to lynch Sofiel today, if Kyouko is not available.

Who would vote Sofiel?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by rb »

I would.

Ssbm is just such a strong TR for me, I can't lynch there.
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by the_end »

In post 465, rb wrote:@the_end literally if you're town I will end you (hheehehee). "no reasons ssbm is town"

He's the most obvious fucking town player in this entire game, doing more pro-town things than any other slot has all game. Meanwhile since day1 your reads have literally had every single slot range from null to scumlean.

Yeah good job you're such a good player, you've basically just said all game "maybe someone in this game is a scum!!" which is just the precedent of the game, that some ppl are town and some are scum.

Don't call me a shit player when you're not even playing the game twat
You seen upset, rb. Why don't you take a break and walk away from the keyboard for a bit. Its not like you're helping us with your shit playing anyway lol.
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by the_end »

In post 463, rb wrote:Basic logic is that I'm town, read closely because the way this game has played out makes it almost impossible:
1. I wouldn't bother bussing my scumpartner all game nor would I bus them here. I'm not scum with the_end or aero
2. I wouldn't hard buddy my scumpartner when it's possible I'm a lynch. I'm not scum with Ssbm
3. Sofiel isn't going to make her only play be a big case on her scumbuddy on Day3 when scum have 2 alive and know the last PR and can just kill the PR - there's no chance of a guilty here and so no need to try get towncred. All the scum need to do is just get a lynch on anyone not scum. I'm not in a scumteam with Sofiel.
4. Lucca is conftown, it's the only person that makes sense as scum with me, but I can't possibly be

Unvote me, this is an awful lynch
"Oh no! I'm going to get lynched soon because I played like shit. Boo hoo!"
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Post by the_end »

In post 459, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Again bussing doesn't make sense here so I don't think rb can be scum here

VOTE: Aero
Maybe with the end, that post explaining Sofiel/rb team is a huge stretch
I'm honestly quite surprised you disagree with me so strongly about the scumteam being Sofiel and rb. The "Sofiel/rb" section of your rereadlist in 430 seems to agree with me. In that list you think Aero/Sofiel is a stronger team whereas I think rb/Sofiel is a stronger team. This is because I'm convinced rb is scum, and his pairing with Sofiel is more likely to me than his pairing with Aero.
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by the_end »

In post 468, lucca261 wrote:I think End is town, RB. It's between {Kyouko, Aero and Sofiel.}

I want to lynch Sofiel today, if Kyouko is not available.

Who would vote Sofiel?
The scumteam is Sofiel/rb. If we're not in agreement to lynch rb, then I'm willing to lynch Sofiel.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Post by rb »

it's the_end + aero.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”