Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Someone sheep me on Mastin so its no longer a vanity wagon
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:47 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1307, Infinity 324 wrote:Especially the buddying at the beginning
You were expecting?
You're my strongest townread.
And I think most of your reads are good.
So no fucking duh, I'm buddying you?

You'd frankly have a point if I
wasn't
buddying you given those two factors.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:48 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1322, mastina wrote:
In post 1295, Infinity 324 wrote:^ that is what I mean by rambling
Well yes it was a ramble, but that's far from my first in the game. I've done plenty of it. That post was a classical ramble which could be viewed as nothing but a ramble. Unambiguously, with no other thing, that was a ramble, yet I've done other rambles in the game prior to that point, just less obviously so. Less words, but still rambles.

Things which were off-topic, and sometimes incoherent. That's what I basically mean when I mean ramble: something which tries to make a point, but can't make it effectively. The art of translating concepts into language. My first language isn't English; it's concepts. I think in concepts. I then have to translate said concept into English, and often the meaning I'm aiming for is lost. I've gotten at least okay at explaining this, mainly by repetition, but that's more or less the way my mind works, especially as town, and what I mean when I say that I ramble. I try to say something, I try to talk, with intention of it being something, but what that something is, it's not always exactly the clearest.

I have intent. Always, intent. There's always a plan. There's always some sort of goal I want to achieve, it's just a matter of whether I actually come close to accomplishing it.
Maybe I have a narrower definition of ramble than you do. Because I don't think you can ramble in 1-line posts (and even so, none of them stuck out to me and incoherent/off-topic)

And I get what you mean about translating concepts into words. My brain works the same way, and it makes it difficult when I try to write actual stuff. But anyway...
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1323, Nero Cain wrote:She's saying that her vote on Pine was NOT a vanity vote
This is the part I can't find
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1309, Infinity 324 wrote:I hope my desire to correctly identify a strong player as scum is not coloring my read on you mastin
But I really do want you to be town
If you want to correctly identify a strong player as scum, you could always drop Pine from null to scum, and then bam. There ya go! Correct scumread on a strong player.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1306, mastina wrote:Last I checked, there's like three or four other votes on Pine-a-Tonics.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1330, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1306, mastina wrote:Last I checked, there's like three or four other votes on Pine-a-Tonics.
Ok we're arguing minutia here, but that's not saying it wasn't a vanity vote. That's saying it's
no longer
a vanity vote.

but uh...this is dumb
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:57 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1320, Infinity 324 wrote:In terms of working together mastin, just answer the questions I ask you, and then ask me questions back. It doesn't seem that difficult to me, but maybe I'm just not understanding the situation properly.
I don't know how to answer the questions.

I know that sounds like bullshit, for something which sounds like such a simple task, but I don't know how to. It doesn't feel natural. I act as I feel like acting. I act as I feel is appropriate. I act as I feel like what needs to be done, and needs to be said. And I just...none of the questions I've refused to answer felt natural to answer. So I responded with nonanswers, if that. Some things just feel easier to do than others. Some questions feel like they're easy to answer, but are of questionable validity on whether I SHOULD answer. (For instance, why I'm townreading TWIE--I could say it, but it doesn't feel like I should.) Other questions, which I do answer, are easy enough.

My answers might be thorough, or they might be annoyingly brief. For instance, "why's Pine scum?", "because I can read him, and he's scum". Or, "because this is his scum meta". Or, "because he hasn't been town". Or similar. Those I've done and can do because they're easy enough and to me, to my eyes, it's the appropriate answer. It's not a nonanswer, because it's giving all that it feels needs to be said. That nothing extra needs to be given, what I give being enough to convey the point, to convey what's important.

Yet it feels like you want me to always, no matter what, be giving the thorough answers, and that I just can't do.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

whatever man. I mean I'm still technically right since she was voting a wagon with no one on it thus making her Pine vote a vanity vote. The fact there are more votes on Pine now means its no longer a vanity wagon.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1332, mastina wrote:Yet it feels like you want me to always, no matter what, be giving the thorough answers, and that I just can't do.
If all I needed was a brief answer, I wouldn't be asking the question. So answer thoroughly what you can, and if you don't answer I'll know why.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I guess why I expect throughout answers is because personally I feel more motivated the more people ask me questions, because I feel needed more. But not everyone works like me.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1323, Nero Cain wrote:I mean there was a 5 man wagon on SC. She came in and was all like "lets vote Pine!" Essentially all wagons do start out as vanity wagons. She's saying that her vote on Pine was
NOT
a vanity vote since she's now being sheeped and I'm just not the biggest fan of the explanation.
Well it wasn't.

I voted Pine expected to be followed.

Do you, realistically speaking, expect to be followed with your vote on me?

Because I did feel like I'd be followed when voting Pine. I figured I might need to provide some basis for it to justify to vote. So when people asked, I gave it. And my answers were apparently satisfactory enough where people started voting Pine after I did. Meaning my vote wasn't vane. It was with purpose: lynching Pine, and lynching Pine first.

I already explained this to you before.

If the Pine wagon didn't take off, I'd have pushed it harder. Given more reasons. Given stronger basis. And tried to get it to go through.
If that still failed (it didn't), if after all of that, nobody would vote Pine? I'd leave it there for as long as possible AS vanity, as a statement, but not to the detriment of the town. If SirCakez as scum was lynched without me, so be it. I feel no need for towncred. I have him as a scumread, so it doesn't mean I need to vote him when everyone else was. If SirCakez as scum looked like he was going to live, then if there were no other wagons on scum, I would intervene. I would hop right back onto SirCakez and drive that wagon through, because lynching scum > lynching town.

Yet that never became necessary, because Pine became a wagon. And as a result? Pine lynch > SirCakez lynch > other scum lynch > town lynch. I don't see what's so hard to grasp about this concept. Not all scum lynches are created equal. Some hold priority over others. Lynching Pine is a top priority. Failing that, lynching the largest wagon on scum. (Which at the time was SirCakez, but now is TheThinker.) Don't allow town to be lynched. Push for the scum to be lynched. If a lesser scum is lynched without me on it, so be it. If a lesser scum needs me to be there, I will go there, otherwise I won't. I'll stay on the greater scum. Especially since lynching the greater scum is a realistic possibility. Lynching Pine is an obtainable goal...so why would I settle for SirCakez? Just because he's also scum? Just because I'd want towncred for being on the lynch of scum? Fuck no. If you feel the need to be on the lynch wagon of every scum player, you're playing the game for the wrong reasons. Being accurate, and being where you are needed most, are more important skills to have. And I'm needed most on the Pine wagon.

It's really that simple.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

investigate:Titus

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1334, Infinity 324 wrote:If all I needed was a brief answer, I wouldn't be asking the question. So answer thoroughly what you can, and if you don't answer I'll know why.
Reask what you need to.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I wanted to continue the discussion about pine

but you already said you didn't feel like it now
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Firebringer »

nvm
Last edited by Firebringer on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1317, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 441, Heartless wrote:null line ---> [^SirCakez^, Titus, Indigo,
Aeronaut
, Klingoncelt, Pine-A-Tonics]
In post 1057, Heartless wrote:null line ---> [Titus, TWIE,
Aeronaut
]
In post 1234, Heartless wrote:Infinity, Nacho, Desperado, and
Aeronaut
are my choices.
In post 1265, Heartless wrote:Aeronaut's catch ups still look town to me. He's reacting to mostly important things and the commentary does suggest a genuine reads development.
I mean yeah you started town reading him but he was obviously null from 441-1057. I know this is a star wars game but Jedi mind tricks won't work on me. So you are going to have to EXPLAIN why Aero is one of your top 4 town reads instead of just waving your hand and acting like "his catchups are town" is valid.
You don't have to keep up the authoritative act just because you're embarrassed by getting facts wrong. Aero was null back on 441 because he hadn't posted anything of substance and he was on V/LA. Since I posted last Sunday, Aero posted his catchup. I read it and thought he were town and said so in the posts around 1234.

Do you want me to list out the points that he mentioned that I thought were town? Very well:
  • His point about PrettyPrincess not trying to game solve ()
  • His point about Klingon not trying to game solve ()
  • His point about LUV's SirCakez vote being terrible ()
  • His response and analysis of my post to SirCakez ()
  • Questions to Infinity in and .
  • His point about Pine in .
  • His point about Klingon in .
-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Your vote on Pine was still a vanity vote to begin with and may only end up being the lynch via deadline. I mean you guys won't change my mind and I won't change ya'lls so.....I mean maybe it has nothing to do with anything but your vote on a non existing wagon is vanity regardless of weather you expected to be sheeped or not.

also
vote:Titus

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1342, Nero Cain wrote:
vote:Titus
what
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I expect to be sheeped thus it is not a vanity vote!

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Stop this nonsense and vote klingon or convince some people to vote thinker.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why do I have to do that? Why can't you?

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Because klingon is scummy enough that I don't care
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I ISO'd LUV, and he looks town to me. It's mainly small things and gut, but I feel a not-so-articulate town mindset from him.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Actually, mastin, say so if you can't/won't answer a particular question so I know you didn't miss it :)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”