mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:57 am

Post by mozamis »

so scum is in: UD, Lucca, Superhans, Revan, Fitz. Ok thats over half the playerlist but still!
Doom stop voting town!
We need town united.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:02 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 491, Ultimate Despair wrote:VOTE: Friend Computer

Think this is L-1

Superhans is scummy, anyone trying to divert us off the Sesq/FC wagons with WIFOM nonsense is scummy.
This actually looks quite town to me. It's bold, it's out here, it's not blending in.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:06 am

Post by mozamis »

So for time being UD is going into "null-town". as in, not quite my unlynchable town block, but i'd rather look elsewhere for now.
So sum in: Lucca, Superhans, revan, Fitz.
And lucca's last post seemed quite reasonable and attempting to catch scum (although i think he's wrong in his conclusion).
So scum is Superhans, Revan, Fitz.
Game solved lol
Although joking aside, why the fuck not?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:16 am

Post by mozamis »

UNVOTE

Looking at his ISO,
Superhans look scummier than Fitz. I mean, Fitz could just be scum trying harder than Superhans.
But superhans ISO is eally weak. Not many reads and a lot of fluffy, theory bollocks.
VOTE SUPERHANS

Basically I am up for lynching revan or superhans.
I'm unsure about the last scum. Could be Fitz but his ISO is quite strong...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:23 am

Post by mozamis »

superhans/revan team makes sense for panic dk day 1?
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Revan »

You can't scumread the both of us.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:00 am

Post by lucca261 »

why?
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:37 am

Post by Revan »

I guess you'll can, if you think I'd bus Super as scumz
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Ultimate Despair »

In post 502, wgeurts wrote:
Sesq was an awful shot what the heck.
Anyway, we've got 3 town deaths so it's time to reread the game again and draw associative tells. I'm a little behind due to exams but I'll get a good ammount in this weekend.
I'm a bit torn on this. WG had pushed against the Sesq wagon, including making an explicit town read there, but hadn't really put the kind of major effort into eliminating it that might have actually convinced FC to not shoot Sesq in the event that he flipped town. I guess it's probably ok in the context of him having actually expressed a TR there, even if it's the sort of thing that didn't relaly need to be said or do much good.

-M
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 528, mozamis wrote:
UNVOTE

Looking at his ISO,
Superhans look scummier than Fitz. I mean, Fitz could just be scum trying harder than Superhans.
But superhans ISO is eally weak. Not many reads and a lot of fluffy, theory bollocks.
VOTE SUPERHANS

Basically I am up for lynching revan or superhans.
I'm unsure about the last scum. Could be Fitz but his ISO is quite strong...
ISO Revan and you'll want to swap your vote. Revans ISO is 100% fluff.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Superhans »

Also y is Doom now guaranteed town?
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:05 pm

In post 505, Revan wrote:
My Superhans vote was because I'm not townreading him.

The Sesq flip does strengthen my read on him, because it narrows down my lynchpool.
That's a pretty weak reason to be voting someone though, barring a strong set of confident town reads. Do you in fact have such a set of townreads? I don't think i've seen you discussing your town reads in such a way as to justify essentially POE-voting elsewhere.
In post 515, mozamis wrote:didnt really like Fitz's opening post.
he seemed a bit oo knowledgeable "Not many scum on that lynch, i dont think".
This is not a "we must lynch fitz now" vote.
It IS a "he MIGHT be scum, lets get some pressure on him vote".

vote HAVINGFITZ

ps sorry sesq :(
What is the point of a pressure vote if you're admitting to it being pressure as you vote?
In post 522, lucca261 wrote:They say that Mozamis is a scumlean for him. They say that Superhans is scummy. He votes for Friend. They says that anyone distracting people from the Sesq wagon is scummy. I believe they think that Revan is scummy too.

That alone are five scumreads. Potentially more when they are talking about the wagon.

This, together with the fact that UD haven't responded to my case on them, especially when they are such an active player, makes me think that UD is scum.
Why do you think it's scum-indicative to have a bunch of scumreads?

What part of your case in particular did you think we weren't responding to? I don't think we'd responded to but had responded to earlier items. wrt 476 in partiuclar, I'm a bit surprised that you had at that point stated that associations made us scum if sesq was scum (due to us "wanting off the wagon"), but now that sesq flipped town, we're still scum for... reasons? Like you now say you felt like we knew that FC/Sesq were both flipping town, but don't support that beyond "UD has a bunch of scumreads", which is pretty much a non sequitur to the theory that somehow we knew FC/Sesq were flipping town.

I guess I'd like a clearer theory from you about what exactly your'e seeing from us that makes us scummy at this point, because I'm having trouble following your thought process.
In post 529, mozamis wrote:superhans/revan team makes sense for panic dk day 1?
Not sure. FC/Sesq both being town screws with my gmae state read, trying to wrap my head around how it makes sense given those flips.
In post 532, Revan wrote:I guess you'll can, if you think I'd bus Super as scumz
Why wouldn't you bus Super as scum? The day 1 environment would have been fantastic for distancing, since FC/Sesq were pretty much always the likeliest wagons to go through after the dayvig, which means that you can potentially get a lot of value on a push on a buddy at that point. What exactly about that disqualifies such a pairing, especially with daychat to coordinate and discuss?

-M
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

Nuts. I was hoping to draw scum hoping for a mislynch on a valuable player. Oh, well. (Not that I blame you guys for refuting my faulty reasoning.)

UNVOTE: MagnaofIllusion

@wgeurts: If you didn't want Sesq dead, why didn't you say something when we were wagoning her?
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Prodge. Haven't caught up yet, but me and Mukuro both think Revan is a promising lead.
Ultimate Despair
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Ultimate Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:09 pm

In post 507, wgeurts wrote:@Doom,
Sesq didn't look all too much like scum in my opinion, but he's dead so it's irrelevant now anyways. I had him as someone we should have kept alive until later, if anyone I would have shot one of the wildcards such as Revan to avoid awkward scenarios later.
Not game relevant but I think Sesq is a she
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:59 am

Post by Revan »

Super hand attacking me instead of defending himself is terrible.

This is scum, let's do this now.
―Darth Malak to Revan
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:34 am

Post by havingfitz »

Doom...you've claimed to have went for reaction tests at least twice now. Do you do that a lot and has it ever paid dividends for you?

Also...can you explain why you say Magna is valuable to town?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:28 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 511, Superhans wrote:(is Fitz okay?)
Sure.

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:38 am

Post by karnos »

Vote Count 2.2
Superhans
(2): Revan, mozamis

Ultimate Despair
(1): lucca261

Not Voting
(6): havingfitz, Ultimate Despair, MagnaofIllusion, wgeurts, Superhans, doomfeathers

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

(expired on 2017-02-04 09:00:01) until deadline.
Last edited by karnos on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:07 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok back from V/LA …

First thing I have done in my re-read was to look over Hawk’s ISO. Because now that we know both FC and Sesq were Town I wanted to see where his suspicions lay. Based on his ISO I’d say the strongest candidates just are Moz () and Doom (multiple votes during the Day). Nothing I’d base a case on but a good reminder.

--
In post 505, Revan wrote:My Superhans vote was because I'm not townreading him.
In post 528, mozamis wrote:Looking at his ISO,
Both of you need to explain why Hans as scum would go out of his way to be bothered about his (incorrect) perception that I was trying to tie him to FC and Sesq given both were Town.

--
In post 501, havingfitz wrote:I actually thought someone might use that comment as a negative (I can't recall the name of the tell) but I'm surprised it's you. If you're town your radar needs calibrated.
It is a variant on the “Congratulate the Doc” tell – your reaction was effectively “Man that was bad for Town” which is understood. It is superfluous (obviously both players being Town is bad for Town) that only serves to show how LAMIST your feelings are.

Your followup at furthers my suspicion. You attempted to buddy up to me pretty hard Day 1 (yes, I noticed) but the second I look askance at you there is an undercurrent of “Hmmm, MoI could be scum” in your posting.

--
In post 503, wgeurts wrote:Alright doom is town, and you'll have to lynch me before I tolerate someone going after him.
Please elaborate on why you feel Doom is “so Town” based on those posts / interactions.

--
In post 526, mozamis wrote:This actually looks quite town to me. It's bold, it's out here, it's not blending in.
Please elaborate what about an “Here’s an L-1, oops hammer” vote by UD looks quite Town.
In post 529, mozamis wrote:superhans/revan team makes sense for panic dk day 1?
No, not at all. Neither were under significant pressure that would justify blowing a limited resource Daykill that early.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Revan »

He would try to tie you down to try and get you mislynched.

Or to try to appear town, that's what makes the most sense.
―Darth Malak to Revan
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:41 am

Post by karnos »

Apologies for anyone who saw before the last edit, I was trying a vote counter and it didn't catch all the votes correctly, the previous vote count (2.2) should be accurate now.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:47 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 545, Revan wrote:He would try to tie you down to try and get you mislynched.

Or to try to appear town, that's what makes the most sense.
Given that he immediately revoked his accusation after I called him out the first explanation doesn't hold water.

As to "appearing Town" - why do you think that looks like a Town move?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:45 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 544, MagnaofIllusion wrote: First thing I have done in my re-read was to look over Hawk's ISO. Because now that we know both FC and Sesq were Town I wanted to see where his suspicions lay. Based on his ISO I'd say the strongest candidates just are Moz () and Doom (multiple votes during the Day). Nothing I'd base a case on but a good reminder.
Curious...were there any others you noticed potentially benefitting from the Hawk dayvig?
In post 544, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 501, havingfitz wrote:I actually thought someone might use that comment as a negative (I can't recall the name of the tell) but I'm surprised it's you. If you're town your radar needs calibrated.
It is a variant on the "Congratulate the Doc" tell - your reaction was effectively "Man that was bad for Town" which is understood. It is superfluous (obviously both players being Town is bad for Town) that only serves to show how LAMIST your feelings are.
That tell name didn't sound familiar so I had to look. It's also called the "Wow that sucks" tell. Whatever the name...I knew that sort of opening comment was considered scummy by some but I wasn't too concerned because:

1) I wasn't NOT going to say what I was thinking because of it, and
2) I was curious if anyone would make a big deal out of it.

Do you, MOI, put a lot of credence in well-known standard tells? :)
Have there been any other tells that have caught your eye? WRT the one you accuse me of...it seems like a few other people lamented the D1/N1 outcome as well. Do you find those comments a negative also?
In post 501, havingfitz wrote:Your followup at furthers my suspicion. You attempted to buddy up to me pretty hard Day 1 (yes, I noticed) but the second I look askance at you there is an undercurrent of "Hmmm, MoI could be scum" in your posting.
By buddying you "pretty hard" do you mean were I state agreement with two of your early posts ( or , or saying I like you for town?
Was I buddying Hawk too in that same post when I said I thought he was town?

Or perhaps in when I grumble over lucca's assessment of your post 27 that I had just previously stated agreement with? Was that buddying on top of buddying?

Surely you didn't see my [sarcasm]postquotefail response[/sarcasm] to you in as buddying?

I'm not seeing any "pretty hard" buddying towards you but I'm guessing that's another standard tell you've uncovered towards me. I'll remember if I'm ever scum (or town for that matter) in a game with you to not agree with anything you say.
Do you see anyone else buddying you "pretty hard." Ex. Doom w/"valuable to town" or Revan w/"you'd be a mislynch" to paraphrase two just from memory.

As for the undercurrent you refer to...if FC and Sesq had flipped town and one of them was the mafia's dayvig I'd have anointed you the Mayor of Towny Town. But as they did not...you are most certainly in the "could be scum" category. Along with everyone else not named havingfitz. Also...my post 541 which you link to above with your concerns is not a negative towards you in any way. It is merely trying to understand Doom's comment that you are "valuable to town." Aren't you curious why he would say that given your curiosity in the similar comments made here:
In post 503, wgeurts wrote:Alright doom is town, and you'll have to lynch me before I tolerate someone going after him.
Please elaborate on why you feel Doom is "so Town" based on those posts / interactions.
In post 526, mozamis wrote:This actually looks quite town to me. It's bold, it's out here, it's not blending in.
Please elaborate what about an "Here's an L-1, oops hammer" vote by UD looks quite Town.
I mean...I love being townread as much as the next person but if you are going to call someone out for thinking you were town (i.e. me)...why not question everyone who does so?

Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:56 am

Post by Revan »

Why doesn't it hold water? He could've been trying for a mislynch, but then realized it was going to be really hard so then he went back on it.
―Darth Malak to Revan

Return to “Completed Open Games”