Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 723, -Grey- wrote:Not buying the act.

TS' actions would clear Moogin if your case was legit. You're only concerned with finding ways to keep lynch options open.
Yes, I totally want to keep lynches open which is why I kept my vote parked on the person with the lowest vote count (until like a page ago) #sarcasm
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Don't worry bro, I'm not trying to convince you that you're scum.

I'm putting the info out for others to read and come to their own conclusions.

No chance in hell do you come anywhere near MyLo as long as I'm alive, though.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 726, -Grey- wrote:Don't worry bro, I'm not trying to convince you that you're scum.

I'm putting the info out for others to read and come to their own conclusions.

No chance in hell do you come anywhere near MyLo as long as I'm alive, though.
I'm trying to determine whether you're just spouting BS or is genuinely just misreading me -.-
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by nydushermain »

You're literally being anti town already because it sounds like you're not going to even try to re-evaluate with that comment.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Defending caughtscum Fykus isn't making you look any better in my eyes, that's for sure.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 729, -Grey- wrote:Defending caughtscum Fykus isn't making you look any better in my eyes, that's for sure.
1) id like to remind everyone that this is a newbie game
2) I didn't defend him, I pointed out that you didn't read
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Fykus »

Why would a scum be admitting their mistakes and trying to rectify them in new posts and by changing their actions? It seems to me that you've either got tunnel vision on me for some silly reason or your scum trying to get an easy lynch (possibly because that person is right about you and your partner.

Youre an experienced player so i dont see you making the mistake of seeing retarded newbie town moves as scummy. Ill make a proper post about this later when im not at work on my phone
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Making excuses to not vote someone is a soft-defense.

I don't see why town would deny that.

Considering you didn't even realize he was voting a townread, which you STILL CAN'T JUSTIFY COMING FROM TOWN, I'd say you're the one not reading.
---
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by Fykus »

Also could someone clarify what mylo is?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 700, mhsmith0 wrote:
Day one deadline is
Monday
Wednesday January 25th, 2 PM PST. (expired on 2017-01-25 15:00:00)
Tick tock.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 733, Fykus wrote:Also could someone clarify what mylo is?
The wiki is your friend.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... h-and-Lose
---
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by Fykus »

These last 10 pages or so it really seems like Grey is desperate to steer the game away from himself/RC/TS and onto an easy target such as my self. I've been called out on some dumb shit that ive done, i admit. But atleast i can own up to my mistakes and make moves to rectify them. After all this is a newbie game isnt it? We're meant to make mistakes and learn from them yeah? Go back and read my posting history on here and youll notice ive gone from posting very vague statements to trying to fledge out and explain my reasoning when i vote/when i post.

I sincerely doubt that a mafia player would be owning up to half of the shit that ive been owning up to, especially Greys be all end all "proof fykus is scum" of voting for someone i considered townie. Like surely in the history of mafia no newbie has been so bad as to say that theyre voting for someone they "consider to be town" since theyd know exactly who is town and who isnt. In the time its taken for this first day to take place ive participated in 2 bastard mafia games elsewhere (both on scumteams) and I can tell you that id be acting ALOT differently than i am now if i was scum. This is literally my first time playing as town, cut me some slack.

From here on out im just going to stop explaining myself because according to the wiki you're better off to just continue scum hunting than trying to defend yourself when you're under fire. If i do get lynched at the end of the day and i flip town then i hope everybody will turn their big eyes of investigation to grey for pushing this terrible lynch so hard.

And just for some further proof im town, heres my "paraphrased" role message:

I am a Vanilla Townie.
I have no special abilities.
I win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 736, Fykus wrote:These last 10 pages or so it really seems like Grey is desperate to steer the game away from himself/RC/TS
Why would I be desperate when I've already accomplished that?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 736, Fykus wrote:I sincerely doubt that a mafia player would be owning up to half of the shit that ive been owning up to
Anything town can do, scum can do.

It's scum's mission to pass themselves off as town, so when you say "scum wouldn't do this so it means I'm town", you're not making any sense because it's scum's JOB to look town
---
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Fykus »

You honestly think that id purposely make myself a look retarded enough to seem like a lynch target to make myself look town? Im sorry but you're reaching pretty hard here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Let's not vote Fykus.

I'm happier with JackChaos.

VOTE: JackChaos
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 739, Fykus wrote:You honestly think that id purposely make myself a look retarded enough to seem like a lynch target to make myself look town? Im sorry but you're reaching pretty hard here.
Lol, quote where I said anything of the sort.

"I want to improve my play, LOOK HOW TOWN I AM!" < Completely possible to come from scum.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 740, RadiantCowbells wrote:Let's not vote Fykus.

I'm happier with JackChaos.

VOTE: JackChaos
Your complete lack of actively pushing your scumreads is compelling me to fake a cop guilty on you tomorrow.
---
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:37 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 619, -Grey- wrote:Another scumtell for Jack: He's dead certain that he caught both scum on d1.

There's zero doubt in his posts. He's invested in selling his reads as being above reproach.

This is much more likely to come from newbscum with an agenda to push, because they naturally don't have any doubts. Newbtown is full of doubt and uncertainty.
What the f are you talking about? That's shit.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 671, Formerfish wrote:I'll be around today. Yesterday was the first time I've seen my daughter in about a week, and as much as I like you chuckle fucks, I love that little girl to pieces and we had some cuddle time scheduled on the couch.

I'll be honest here too, I hate the tone this game has taken. I hated Toto for being over the top and cocksure about what he was doing, especially since I know that his initial premise was faulty to begin with. I really don't like the attitudes of RC or Grey from the little I've read in the last few days. RC scolded me here
In post 396, RadiantCowbells wrote:And formerfish get the fuck over yourself I'm the saltiest mafia player ever and I don't rage at newbies for being newbies in the fucking newbie queue.
and then berates newbies left and right. I don't like the empty statements about how someone was obviously town, and then have nothing to back it up with. RC you and Grey both pulled that one.

So here's what I am doing. I am resetting my reads.

Tiershift needs prodded and needs to be put into a chair in the middle of a dark room with one weak ass light over him. Tier, you have been basically non-existent in this game, which wouldn't normally be an issue, but you are the IC. You claimed at one point that you wanted to keep your reads to yourself so that you didn't influence people. Then you naked voted and called for people to sheep you. Wouldn't you rather someone sheep a well thought out and logical read on someone than a naked vote. How can the rest of us sort you if we never see the man behind the curtain?

VOTE: unvote
VOTE: tiershift
Fully agree with your post. I'd have liked to be a bigger presence but this is the first day that I'm really able to after the accident.

I also take issue with grey's demeaning tone. I find it funny he is so certain in his reads while actually flipping them from time to time. What's your read on him?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 am

Post by TierShift »

Grey why the newbtown read on moogin?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:49 am

Post by TierShift »

I liked nydushermain for town earlier this game. I think RC is town. That's where I am at this moment. I do not understand why the interest in moogin disappeared.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:51 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 736, Fykus wrote:These last 10 pages or so it really seems like Grey is desperate to steer the game away from himself/RC/TS and onto an easy target such as my self.
Actually, me and RC are pretty easy targets, considering the support there was for our wagons. Why do you feel like you are an easier target?

Why do you think scumGrey would try to steer attention away from the one of us that is not his buddy?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:00 am

Post by TierShift »

Ny it's sad to see your latest posts have not been looking for scum at all. I hope you're up for a conversation.
In post 468, nydushermain wrote:But he wasn't "rolefishing" at the time because all he said was "fine you claimed PR" but he didn't delve deeper into it so if you claim to have had a townread on him then, you're just lying or just happened to have forgotten. So your claim that you tried to divert pressure away from toto and onto moogin just to nullify the argument between the two, when you were LITERALLY questioning toto's alignment at that time, unless your posts are posts you just put in there for the sake of having a good activity count, is absolute BS. Your play does not line up with what you claim to have been saying.

VOTE: Tiershift.
He was rolefishing by talking about fish claiming PR. I believe he asked him to claim but even if he didn't he was talking about fish's PR claim and asking him to confirm it which inherently leads to more discussion about the PR in question-->rolefishing.

I found the formerfish-Toto fight incredibly useless. Why is it inconsistent to question toto's alignment at the same time as not wanting the fight to continue?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:03 am

Post by TierShift »

Jack what is your reasoning for RC being scum?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”