Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6650 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

EP, if you're really so confident why aren't you voting?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #6651 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

mmm. you're right, it was a bit sudden. I don't really have a response to that. I've been semi lurking for like the past 2 months. My only real legit scumreads were Gen X, then Goatmeal, then Andrius, and Wraith for a bit. I mean, I guess it circumstantially makes sense for that to be the reason why I'm pushing you, but that doesn't really make sense considering I feel like you're not really convincing me in any other department.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #6652 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 6650, Untrod Tripod wrote:EP, if you're really so confident why aren't you voting?
mMm kind of want Spiffeh to actually respond to all of the things that I called him out on before I place a vote

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6653 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

why, is he going to change your mind?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #6654 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 6649, Spiffeh wrote:EP I take solace in the fact that you were shaking in your boots as you typed that response
I feel like you'd be aware that in this situation, town has pretty equal (if not greater?) incentive towards survivability. yeah you're right, I really don't want to get lynched? unsure what you're getting at here.
Untrod Tripod wrote:why, is he going to change your mind?
probably not.

--implosion
provided
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6655 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

what I'm getting at is it looks like you don't want to do it unless you think you'll have company
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #6656 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

That is part of it, yeah. Part of it, and related to it, is that I hate pushing Spiffeh in pretty much any circumstance. He tends pretty strongly towards omgus (especially i feel as town, and that was the main part of the little bit more i wanted to talk about outside of a phone post, because i do want to talk about that and what you all think abiut that). But i do genuinely believe he is the scummiest person right now

--implosion
provided
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6657 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by MariaR »

Is it bad I almost want to sub out because I am so fucking scared of voting wrong rn?
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6658 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Don't worry I made it really easy for you.

As long as your read everything.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6659 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by MariaR »

BTW IF MICKY AND EP ARE SCUM BUDDIES I'M JUST GONNA GO CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP

Where's Moi I need him right now
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6660 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by MariaR »

I just don't see a world where I don't lynch UT because I don't think spiffeh and EP are scum and I tr manga mostly because a lot of other people tr him and the draft
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6661 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 6646, Errantparabola wrote:"I lynched scum"Yeah, actually I can conveniently ignore that fact, considering that you are fully aware that I know you bussed in defcon (judging from how you preemptively referred to it). Because PSST PSST self-meta judging on whether or not you like to bus or not is less than useless. That has no bearing on whether or not you're scum. I'm not using the fact that you pushed scum against you because that doesn't make sense (unlike you)
AGAIN, it's ridiculous that this isn't something you'd take into consideration. You write off my participation in scum lynches as "oh you could be bussing" when those pushes were a lot of the basis for town reading me in the first place. I understand some questioning of me in LYLO, but for there to be no acknowledgement of your town read on me in the first place makes it really hard to believe it's genuine.
In post 6646, Errantparabola wrote:"EP thinks that taking time in LYLO is scummy"Hmm. not really, and I might have been a little unclear on this. You passed yourself off as a lot more confident in UT being scum than you actually acted to be. I'm not "taking issue with the fact that you didn't rush in LYLO." I'm taking issue with the fact that you have repeatedly said "there is no way I'm not voting UT today" and "yeah, I don't see a world where UT isn't scum" and I take issue with the fact that it is very strongly giving off the impression that everyone expects UT to die today and yet people were pretending like maybe they were considering were other lines of play.
There's no way you as town would conceivably try to pass this off as a point against me. Even if I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that UT is scum, I am self aware enough to know that I've been wrong in the past and it would be much more beneficial to let people talk (like Maria wants to with MoI) and constantly reevaluate. You know I'm experienced player, I have been in LYLO many times, and I've seen hasty votes end in town losses. You're throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks. Passing it off as "not matching actions to words" is still a way to take issue with the fact that I haven't voted UT yet despite it being suboptimal play as town.

Also, Maria has mentioned multiple times that she is very likely going to vote for UT today, but still hasn't. So why am I the only one that you're applying this argument to? Oh, probably because I'm your only mislynch option left and you need to cater your arguments to me so you have a shot at ending the game here!
In post 6646, Errantparabola wrote:"Because EP 180'd on Spiffeh, that means that I can be paranoid on Maria without being called out on it"Except you can't, because your reasoning on that is "Maria isn't participating in LYLO, and also I kinda see a world where Maria and EP are partners but I'm not gonna elaborate on that" and both of those are bad reasons.
First of all, here you act like your flip on me and my "flip" on Maria are even close to similar. I didn't flip on Maria. I have maintained throughout the day that I will not be lynching her or MoI today. I became paranoid of her for being absent and scolded her when she overreacted to a NAI post I made. You went from vocally town reading me for the whole game to wanting me lynched over everyone in LYLO.

And being absent LYLO is a completely valid cause for concern. I think scum are more likely to lurk in LYLO:
1. to feel out the most likely mislynch and structure their posts around that (i.e. what you're doing to me).
2. because a town player might make a hasty decision and vote another town player, where they can easily hammer and win the game.
3. to make sure they don't lock themselves into opinions that make it implausible to get a mislynch.
4. to go overlooked and hope town fight amongst themselves.

So no, my reason for being paranoid of Maria are not invalid like you're trying to pass them off as.
In post 6646, Errantparabola wrote:"EP is scum because agenda-pushing"1. This actually only works if you refute my points. Blanket statements about me sounding manufactured don't fly here so don't pass them off as line-by-line2. Hell yeah I'm pushing an agenda. Hell yeah I obviously want UT to vote Spiffeh with me. I think you're scum and I think UT is town. This is like the same arg as "ooh survivalist play is scummy" because no, it's not. the game is on the fucking line.
Lol do you think denying that I tore your bullshit case apart will make people more likely to side with you?
And you're dodging my main issue, which is that you're pushing an agenda THAT DOESN'T COME FROM TOWN TRYING TO GAME SOLVE IN LYLO. I made this clear in my previous post why I think this is the case.
In post 6646, Errantparabola wrote:"EP is not paranoid enough"Eh. I suppose. I don't know how you would have expected me to act here. Moan a little bit about not knowing for sure who it is? Like, do you think that I should be more paranoid because somehow casing you is going to immediately get you lynched? Not really-- I'm casing you to open channels of discussion..
That's fine, and I've explained why this is more likely to be your approach as scum than town.
In post 6646, Errantparabola wrote:"EP isn't doing anything to actually say why UT shouldn't be lynched, just talking about how this lynch is the same as SpyreX etc."Except yeah, the lynch is the same as that logic. It's the same shitty logic. The same bad logic and bad case that got SpyreX, the same bad case that I called you out on, the same bad case that you didn't refute. Spiffeh wants to give off the impression that he's refuting line-by-line, but in reality doesn't. He's picking and choosing the arguments that he feels like he can refute because he doesn't want to highlight the weakest and scummiest arguments that he's made. (Hey, it's exactly the thing that I called Andrius out on.)
If there's something you feel I didn't address than point it out to me. I wouldn't knowingly ignore a concern someone brings up against me. Why aren't you considering the fact that I just missed your post addressing me rather than maliciously ignored it? Why is this only coming up now that you need to compile reasons that I'm scummy instead of, I don't know, before SpyreX was lynched? Please quote the post you're referring to.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6662 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Sorry for the quote wall but EP's post necessitated one.

Maria, I believe MoI's V/LA ends tomorrow so he should be here soon.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6663 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I would like to hear your thoughts on EP's recent posts. Do you agree with my accusations?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6664 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by MariaR »

Well I think I mostly yelled at you for the NAI post because some meta you don't know about me is I love being scum I LOVE IT
So you saying I'm lurking made me scoff because I'd be all over this if I was scum
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6665 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I've never played with you before so I wouldn't know that.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6666 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by MariaR »

I think the whole "Why UT is scum thing is outright laughable because if that was the reason for defending UT why didn't you bring up this point wihen Spy was getting lynched why didn't you bring this point up when fire was getting lynched why now
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6667 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 6665, Spiffeh wrote:I've never played with you before so I wouldn't know that.
Exactly I acted like it was common knowable so I yelled at you for it but it wasn't
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6668 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 6666, MariaR wrote:I think the whole "Why UT is scum thing is outright laughable because if that was the reason for defending UT why didn't you bring up this point wihen Spy was getting lynched why didn't you bring this point up when fire was getting lynched why now
I'm not understanding this

Who are you talking to here?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6669 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by MariaR »

I don't really know what to say right now I'm stuttering over my words backspacing a lot of things I wanna say because I want to clear myself of paranoia as best as possible I almost wish someone would make a case against me so I could build a counter against it because that's the best way I can answer things but I know I'm not really in the lynch pool so it's rather useless to draw the spotlight onto myself
I just want to seem helpful when I don't really know how
Pedit: EP
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6670 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by MariaR »

Ep's maiun reason for wanting to not lynch UT is because everyone has said they want UT

And ye t the same thing happened with Spy/Fire so why is he bringing that topic up NOW and not 2 days ago
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6671 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I mean, it's pretty standard chainsawing?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #6672 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 6670, MariaR wrote:And ye t the same thing happened with Spy/Fire so why is he bringing that topic up NOW and not 2 days ago
not... really.
iirc, i brought it up with fire. i brought it up with spy, too.
shrug. i'm not reading spiffeh's wall right now, i've had the busiest weekend ever and i'm really really exhausted. tomorrow.

--implosion
provided
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6673 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by MariaR »

take your time
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #6674 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

yeah spiffeh saying i'm rehashing the stuff I said earlier and then turns around and says that i haven't said anything about spyrex
In post 6661, Spiffeh wrote:Why aren't you considering the fact that I just missed your post addressing me rather than maliciously ignored it?
there is literally no way you didn't read

sorry im still on my phone, so response will have to wait. also that one post that spiffeh quoted, to prove that i was townreading him earlier. the one were i was drunk. thats really embarasssing lol

--implosion
provided

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”