Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:53 am

Post by eagerSnake »

That was easy

How do I become the leader?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Firebringer »

59 pages, I am impressed.
Maybe we could write a book all about Accountants Philisophy
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Shaziro »

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:57 am

Post by eagerSnake »

I should be the leader because I've mastered The Philosophy greater than Accountant.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Firebringer »

naah, Accountants book would be better than w/e this link you gave me
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:59 am

Post by eagerSnake »

I am The Philosopher you have been waiting for.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 40, Accountant wrote: Well, I'm not perfect either, so don't worry about it.
It's okay child.
In post 28, Accountant wrote: This is what re-edcuation is for :roll:
Class starts in (expired on 2017-01-30 09:02:59).
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 44, Accountant wrote:It's an important distinction. I, as a human, may be imperfect. My ideals are not.
Accountant, admitting that they are not their ideals. Funny how their story changes isn't it?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Shaziro »

That is, by the way, blatant hypocrisy. Meaning Accountant is a hypocrite. Meaning Accountant is a "boring loser" by their own logic.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1484, Shaziro wrote:That is, by the way, blatant hypocrisy. Meaning Accountant is a hypocrite. Meaning Accountant is a "boring loser" by their own logic.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1469, Davsto wrote:i love it when a new person joins the thread because they decide to argue the exact same points everyone else already has as if it's going to make much difference when they ask it

As much as I disagree with Accountant's philosophies, I still find the mindset interesting when new points are expanded upon, but when the points being asked are the same ones as always and the answer is the same one as always it's just dull and frustrating for every party involved
This is the second-best part of this thread.
The best part is when people discuss how the patterns of the thread repeat themselves, thus creating another pattern that repeats itself.
I've read a decent amount of it but may have missed the specific answer I'm looking for. I'm trying to approach this with a specific philosophy in mind to some degree (J. L. Mackie's). Which I'm sure Accountant would vehemently disagree with.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1457, Sesq wrote:Yes. If you have beliefs, they should be backed up by some form of evidence. Otherwise, you have no way of knowing if they're correct.
What garbage is this?

Evidence is for arguments, not the correct path. There's no need to provide evidence that the correct path is correct because that's the starting assumption.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1459, Sesq wrote:"Reality sympathizer" is a thing now. Brilliant. How am I discriminating against something that doesn't exist? I'm not saying we should ignore their ideals, necessarily, but to bring them to the real world you must then apply practicality and critical thought to the idea.
No I don't.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1459, Sesq wrote:So you're solipsistic?
Other perspectives exist. They just aren't important.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1459, Sesq wrote:They're only self-evident TO YOU, at least the self-evident truths you are referring to. And if they are only self-evident to you, they are not self-evident to or of the world.
See: my perspective is the only relevant one.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1465, Dwlee99 wrote:How many ideals should one have to follow to the best of their ability?
Do you recognize that people make mistakes?
Cannot nuance be part of an ideal?
Let me explain, an ideal is something one sees as perfect or desirable. So if someone sees adding nuance to their ideals, are they not still ideals that one wants to follow? I think of nuance in a programmatic sense, if statements that contain branches for what to do. It seems in your world these ifs do not exist in ideals, whereas in mine they would. You run an ideal, but if X happens do Y, else do Z. Is this nuance and if so, isn't it still an ideal?
Your choice. At least one.

Yes.

It would be a self-contradictory ideal, and you'd be forced to break yourself one way or the other. Because you'd have to follow the ideal of nuance in a way that is absolute.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1475, eagerSnake wrote:That was easy

How do I become the leader?
You must become the most righteous person in the universe.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1487, Accountant wrote:Evidence is for arguments, not the correct path. There's no need to provide evidence that the correct path is correct because that's the starting assumption.
How can you ever know the correct path is wrong if you don't observe any evidence that would tell you its wrong?
Show

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1478, eagerSnake wrote:I should be the leader because I've mastered The Philosophy greater than Accountant.
In another thread, you espoused Christian beliefs. Have you given those beliefs up?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1493, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1487, Accountant wrote:Evidence is for arguments, not the correct path. There's no need to provide evidence that the correct path is correct because that's the starting assumption.
How can you ever know the correct path is wrong if you don't observe any evidence that would tell you its wrong?
I don't, because it's never wrong.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1485, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1484, Shaziro wrote:That is, by the way, blatant hypocrisy. Meaning Accountant is a hypocrite. Meaning Accountant is a "boring loser" by their own logic.
That GIF is misapplied here. There's a difference between not being perfect and turning my back on my ideals through the use of nuance. For example, scoring a 99% on a test is imperfect. But saying "I don't care about tests anyway" is hypocrisy.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1486, implosion wrote:
In post 1469, Davsto wrote:i love it when a new person joins the thread because they decide to argue the exact same points everyone else already has as if it's going to make much difference when they ask it

As much as I disagree with Accountant's philosophies, I still find the mindset interesting when new points are expanded upon, but when the points being asked are the same ones as always and the answer is the same one as always it's just dull and frustrating for every party involved
This is the second-best part of this thread.
The best part is when people discuss how the patterns of the thread repeat themselves, thus creating another pattern that repeats itself.
I've read a decent amount of it but may have missed the specific answer I'm looking for. I'm trying to approach this with a specific philosophy in mind to some degree (J. L. Mackie's). Which I'm sure Accountant would vehemently disagree with.
You can approach this with any philosophy you want, but it's likely incorrect.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1467, implosion wrote:So then why should I accept your philosophy, if it rests very directly on the tenet of "these things are self-evident" and I do not find them to be self-evident?

Or is there some reason to believe the tenets of your philosophy other than their being self-evident?
Suggestion: re-educate yourself and see the self-evident truths, then you'll be able to accept my philosophy.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1487, Accountant wrote:
In post 1457, Sesq wrote:Yes. If you have beliefs, they should be backed up by some form of evidence. Otherwise, you have no way of knowing if they're correct.
What garbage is this?

Evidence is for arguments, not the correct path. There's no need to provide evidence that the correct path is correct because that's the starting assumption.
They are not mutually exclusive. Why would your correct path be a starting assumption?
In post 1488, Accountant wrote:
In post 1459, Sesq wrote:"Reality sympathizer" is a thing now. Brilliant. How am I discriminating against something that doesn't exist? I'm not saying we should ignore their ideals, necessarily, but to bring them to the real world you must then apply practicality and critical thought to the idea.
No I don't.
Grammar: DO YOU SPEAK IT?
In post 1490, Accountant wrote:
In post 1459, Sesq wrote:They're only self-evident TO YOU, at least the self-evident truths you are referring to. And if they are only self-evident to you, they are not self-evident to or of the world.
See: my perspective is the only relevant one.
When determing your beliefs, maybe. But if we actually care about objectivity here, it wouldn't give a single fuck about what you think or what I think or what anyone else thinks.

Return to “General Discussion”