MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6900 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1576, Double Trouble wrote:VOTE: GoatMeal

MathBlade and I spoke over the phone. We want to do this for now. We think that the thread devolving into an us v Unipod Tripod shitfest is good for precisely no one as it won't get UT lynched and that's all he'll do if we keep voting him. Meanwhile, the Goatmeal wagon is voting organically, we both have concerns about DGB's lack of townposting. She looks a lot more like Wake's game than Gistou. We'd like to hear more from DGB and our townreads are pushing that wagon.

Fire, come join us.

~Titus
I feel so guilty like not sticking this out :(
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6901 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1884, Double Trouble wrote:MoI is scum. Was scum with him in 1800. I was loud and boisterous. Here I am trying to learn and listen and MoI is trying to take advantage. He isn't actually trying to read me he is looking for a mislynch.

-- Math
....And Andrius chainsaws. So sorry guys :/
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6902 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by Skybird »

Thanks for modding SirCakez! I enjoyed the game.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6903 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Tere »

In post 6892, Errantparabola wrote:I'm on my phone so I won't read anything until I get back, but here are a few of my thoughts.

1. I played a poor game. My activity was awful and I'm surprised I stayed alive for as long as I did. It happened with DEFCON (admittedly to a lesser extent), and it's made me realize that it's probably time for me and mafia to part ways. I don't have the time anymore.
2. The plan was a double edged sword. It got me to the endgame and made night predictable for us. It also very much tied our hands based on who we felt confortable with killing. The advantage was that we had a stranglehold on the plan. Magna and Andy were powerhouses and stayed under protection, giving them a free pass from "why are you still alive" arguments, and we controlled much of the execution.
3. Andy bus could have been executed way better. We had discussed shedding Andy to propel us to a win and I think it needed more finesse, especially on my end.
4. My flagrantly poor Spiffeh case was, to some extent, done with knowledge of the likely outcome. I did it in the hopes of managing to swing a Spiffeh lynch and win outright, but I knew Spiffeh would likely call me out on it, I would flip scum, and UT would get lynched following that.
5. This was the best scumteam I have ever played with, hands down. Goatmeal and Toogeloo, you both had a short presence but were awesome to play and talk with in the scum thread. Andy, thank you for being dedicated and for injecting a lot of fun into the game. Magna, you're a god. You were there for all of us, supportive, consistent, and awesome. We weren't just a group of players with the same goal. We were a team in every sense of the word.
6. Some of us might have played poorer games than others, but I'm glad everyone was here. It was a slog at times but one of the greatest games I've ever played in. I met and got to know a lot of you for the first time, and you are all great. See you around, friends.
Aww, you are a sweetheart. Also this is goodanalysis.

I think activity is overrated - you can play a good game and have a life, just not possibly multiples of such. I enjoyed your play and would like to see you play again! :)

I think this game is a poster child for mafia is a team game regardless of the alignment you draw. I am glad the scum team had such a positive experience :)
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6904 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Transcend »

Tremendous come back scum.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6905 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Transcend »

Pretty funny that we got lynched for quarantining mafia. Lol.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #6906 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Even though this was a Dream Scumteam I had rolled scum so often, and for so many long games, that I completely lost interest in mafia.

I have not signed up into any game since this one, because even now, if I rolled scum again, I just couldn't bring myself to play.

Good job MoI!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6907 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Yeah I'm glad I've only rolled scum like 6-7 times since I've been on this site.

I HATE drawing scum let alone like 10-12 times within a year like you have DGB :(
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6908 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by Tere »

I replace in a lot so it's at least 50 50. town is by far my preferred role though
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #6909 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Some words I have for people.

MOD

SirCakez, thanks for the game. I think the setup was smartly designed and the mechanic was interesting. Thanks for the effort and the dedication. I think that it was a very well thought-out setup in terms of balance and swing.

PLAYERS

drealmerz, you might have played a bad game but you're a very enjoyable player in my opinion. I'm glad I got to meet you through this game.

SpyreX, you're probably not reading this, but just in case you decide to sneak back into the site invisibly just to read the outcome of this game: you're a treasure. Sorry this game didn't treat you well, but it really was a fun time. You have a pleasant way with words.

Wraith, I appreciate your consistent dedication to the game. I had been slowly setting up to a Wraith scumread for days upon days and then the accursed plan made it so you ended up nightkilled.

UT, I'm also sorry that it was a slog for you near the end. If I ever play in a draft game again, I'll pick some ridiculously high number-- you've inspired me with your 69 pick.

Maria, it was fun, huh? Those lab days were good stuff. The time you said "okay, EP, you're probably town because I feel like you would have strongman killed me by now" was the night that I was considering killing you. In the end Magna and I decided to go with a safer Skybird kill.

Spiffeh, fuck you. Not really. It's been a while since I've won a game against you. I won History Mafia, you said I was a master manipulator back then. Then you did some training in the mountains or whatever and became a powerhouse. I lost Cheetory and Gumball and Defcon. Good times.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #6910 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 6903, Tere wrote:Aww, you are a sweetheart. Also this is goodanalysis.

I think activity is overrated - you can play a good game and have a life, just not possibly multiples of such. I enjoyed your play and would like to see you play again! :)

I think this game is a poster child for mafia is a team game regardless of the alignment you draw. I am glad the scum team had such a positive experience :)
Thanks <3
I'll probably play again, even though it seems to me at the moment that mafia is the most disgusting thing in the world. It's a drug

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6911 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 6909, Errantparabola wrote:Some words I have for people.

MOD

SirCakez, thanks for the game. I think the setup was smartly designed and the mechanic was interesting. Thanks for the effort and the dedication. I think that it was a very well thought-out setup in terms of balance and swing.

PLAYERS

drealmerz, you might have played a bad game but you're a very enjoyable player in my opinion. I'm glad I got to meet you through this game.

SpyreX, you're probably not reading this, but just in case you decide to sneak back into the site invisibly just to read the outcome of this game: you're a treasure. Sorry this game didn't treat you well, but it really was a fun time. You have a pleasant way with words.

Wraith, I appreciate your consistent dedication to the game. I had been slowly setting up to a Wraith scumread for days upon days and then the accursed plan made it so you ended up nightkilled.

UT, I'm also sorry that it was a slog for you near the end. If I ever play in a draft game again, I'll pick some ridiculously high number-- you've inspired me with your 69 pick.

Maria, it was fun, huh? Those lab days were good stuff. The time you said "okay, EP, you're probably town because I feel like you would have strongman killed me by now" was the night that I was considering killing you. In the end Magna and I decided to go with a safer Skybird kill.

Spiffeh, fuck you. Not really. It's been a while since I've won a game against you. I won History Mafia, you said I was a master manipulator back then. Then you did some training in the mountains or whatever and became a powerhouse. I lost Cheetory and Gumball and Defcon. Good times.
Fuck you ;~:
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #6912 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 6374, Errantparabola wrote:blacklisted

--implosion
provided
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6913 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6877, Wraith wrote:Firebringer: As said in the Dead PT, IMO you played a pretty poor game due to being too self-absorbed. Like dreal, you thought you knew all the answers and refused to consider the opposing argument, a pattern throughout the game; but you at least don't have dreal's rather obnoxious posting style, so you have that going for you which is nice. That said though, lynching you D6 was by far my biggest mistake outside of not protecting Creature. I only really went along with it to appease Spiffeh and because I was just getting really tired of the game in general (since the waits between phases had become a true slog), and had been under the impression Spiffeh would finally get his head back together and help me solve the game. But still, that you were unrepentant about joining hands with a blatant scumbag is what ultimately killed you. I just don't get why you had that attitude. If we play again another time, hopefully that game can be a better experience.
in all honesty, my reads weren't that shitty.
A few times I mistook scum for town, but the only one I would say I was genuinely wrong about was drealmerz, and near end of day I was starting to pick up him being townie, but was too deep to go back.

But yeah, I don't know about self absorbed, I mean, I was? But so were you, so was Spiffeh. Like, the difference between us was I got lynched.

I def still think its crummy you faked a scum read on me to lynch me then the next day you go "Ohhh I knew he was town I was just doing it to satisfy Spiffeh", like so you lied. You lied about a scum read because you wanted to policy me.

But yeah, everything is pretty under bridge at this point.

IMO we both had bad moments.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6914 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6913, Firebringer wrote:A few times I mistook scum for town, but the only one I would say I was genuinely wrong about was drealmerz, and near end of day I was starting to pick up him being townie, but was too deep to go back.
I was also wrong about Spyrex, and MoI.

I think I had everyone else except at two different points I was positive Tammy was scum and later Spiffeh.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6915 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6909, Errantparabola wrote:Some words I have for people.

MOD

PLAYERS

jerk
Show

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6916 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by MariaR »

NOT AGAIN
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6917 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6905, Transcend wrote:Pretty funny that we got lynched for quarantining mafia. Lol.
yeah
fu the idiots who let night actionanalysis stop real scumhunting
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #6918 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Andrius »

That's not a fair statement given everyone contributed to the game state.
Its not like Spiffeh or I or Wraith lorded over everyone with THE PLAN. It was widely accepted and of course we used it to our advantage - I'm the one who drafted the first Humans' Reference. :P

It takes a village, and if you didn't do everything you could have done this game that's not the fault of the people who did.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6919 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 6917, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 6905, Transcend wrote:Pretty funny that we got lynched for quarantining mafia. Lol.
yeah
fu the idiots who let night actionanalysis stop real scumhunting
Seriously

Me and GE lynched toog and goat before it was cool.

This hardly felt like a game of mafia.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #6920 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by McMenno »

man I scumread andrius before it was cool amirite amirite
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6921 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

:roll:
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #6922 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Andrius »

Spiffeh.
Would you prefer being KING SPIFFEH or PRINCESS SPIFFEH.
This is an important question.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6923 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:06 pm