Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1599, Shaziro wrote:Nope, it's correct. Provably correct too, unlike your claims of superiority which rely entirely on begging the question. You do know that if anyone is actually going to listen to you, you're going to have to learn basic rules of logic and follow them, right?
It's incorrect, I'm afraid. No amount of saying that it is will make it correcy.

And I disagree. I've disregarded the basic rules of logic, and people are still coming into this thread to hear what I have to say. eagerSnake has even bent the knee already.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1599, Shaziro wrote:Then why the hell do you bother people in the real world, exactly?
I want to help you all become better people. It's for your own good.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:01 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1600, Accountant wrote:
In post 1599, Shaziro wrote:Nope, it's correct. Provably correct too, unlike your claims of superiority which rely entirely on begging the question. You do know that if anyone is actually going to listen to you, you're going to have to learn basic rules of logic and follow them, right?
It's incorrect, I'm afraid. No amount of saying that it is will make it correcy.

And I disagree. I've disregarded the basic rules of logic, and people are still coming into this thread to hear what I have to say. eagerSnake has even bent the knee already.
A: No, it's provable correct not by claim but by the fact that you bleed and sleep and eat and shit and all the other things humans do, plus your DNA is human.

B: People come here to question you and poke holes in your logic and delve deeper into the madness that is your little religion. Do you seriously think anyone is actually "converting"?

C: EagerSnake is pretty obviously making fun of you directly to your face, bud. He's not even trying to be helpful or explanatory, he's claiming that he's your new leader because he says so and that he's more perfect than you in an imitation of what you do elsewhere. Why do you think he's talking about re-educating you? For somebody who is so incredibly paranoid that people are plotting and making fun of you, how do you miss it when it's blatant and in your face?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1601, Accountant wrote:
In post 1599, Shaziro wrote:Then why the hell do you bother people in the real world, exactly?
I want to help you all become better people. It's for your own good.
Why waste your time on people who aren't interested, instead of going elsewhere and finding people who -are- interested? Spending a year and gaining no converts is worse than spending a year and gaining 10 or whatever.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:08 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1602, Shaziro wrote:C: EagerSnake is pretty obviously making fun of you directly to your face, bud. He's not even trying to be helpful or explanatory, he's claiming that he's your new leader because he says so and that he's more perfect than you in an imitation of what you do elsewhere. Why do you think he's talking about re-educating you? For somebody who is so incredibly paranoid that people are plotting and making fun of you, how do you miss it when it's blatant and in your face?
I don't know where you come from, but over here when you copy what someone else does it's because you think what they do is good(eg. people modelling themselves after Lee Kuan Yew)

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1591, Shaziro wrote:
In post 1587, Davsto wrote:I never understood the phrase "have your cake and eat it too"

Like, in what world would someone have a cake and then
not
eat it?
Well typically the idea is that they like the idea of having a big cake that they can eat whenever they want, but once they eat it, it's gone, and so is that idea of the cake that they have for whenever they want. Similar problem to things like Ether. "There's a limited amount of this stuff and it's really useful, so though I want to use it, I need to save it for when I really need it". Having your Ether and using it too would be being able to use the Ether and still have it in your bag if you need it later. Make sense, or should I try a non-RPG metaphor?
I get it now, it just seems like weirdly clunky wording
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1604, Accountant wrote:
In post 1602, Shaziro wrote:C: EagerSnake is pretty obviously making fun of you directly to your face, bud. He's not even trying to be helpful or explanatory, he's claiming that he's your new leader because he says so and that he's more perfect than you in an imitation of what you do elsewhere. Why do you think he's talking about re-educating you? For somebody who is so incredibly paranoid that people are plotting and making fun of you, how do you miss it when it's blatant and in your face?
I don't know where you come from, but over here when you copy what someone else does it's because you think what they do is good(eg. people modelling themselves after Lee Kuan Yew)
Ever heard of a parody, Accountant? Movies like "Vampires Suck"? Where they take a movie and make fun of everything in it by mimicing it but in a comical or exaggerated fashion?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1605, Davsto wrote:
In post 1591, Shaziro wrote:
In post 1587, Davsto wrote:I never understood the phrase "have your cake and eat it too"

Like, in what world would someone have a cake and then
not
eat it?
Well typically the idea is that they like the idea of having a big cake that they can eat whenever they want, but once they eat it, it's gone, and so is that idea of the cake that they have for whenever they want. Similar problem to things like Ether. "There's a limited amount of this stuff and it's really useful, so though I want to use it, I need to save it for when I really need it". Having your Ether and using it too would be being able to use the Ether and still have it in your bag if you need it later. Make sense, or should I try a non-RPG metaphor?
I get it now, it just seems like weirdly clunky wording
I mean, that's what you get when something gets repeated over and over as time goes on. It's a saying designed by a committee basically.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1602, Shaziro wrote:B: People come here to question you and poke holes in your logic and delve deeper into the madness that is your little religion. Do you seriously think anyone is actually "converting"?
Yes.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:12 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1602, Shaziro wrote:A: No, it's provable correct not by claim but by the fact that you bleed and sleep and eat and shit and all the other things humans do, plus your DNA is human.
I don't. My body does, but I don't. You can see the difference by running a thought experiment where I'm transferred to the body of a robot.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1606, Shaziro wrote:Ever heard of a parody, Accountant? Movies like "Vampires Suck"? Where they take a movie and make fun of everything in it by mimicing it but in a comical or exaggerated fashion?
But eagerSnake did not exaggerate my behavior. He behaved exactly like me, without any exaggeration.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:15 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1608, Accountant wrote:
In post 1602, Shaziro wrote:B: People come here to question you and poke holes in your logic and delve deeper into the madness that is your little religion. Do you seriously think anyone is actually "converting"?
Yes.
I feel bad for you then, tbh. I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
In post 1609, Accountant wrote:
In post 1602, Shaziro wrote:A: No, it's provable correct not by claim but by the fact that you bleed and sleep and eat and shit and all the other things humans do, plus your DNA is human.
I don't. My body does, but I don't. You can see the difference by running a thought experiment where I'm transferred to the body of a robot.
DNA would still be human. If a robot was programmed to have all your ideas, it would just be a complex simulation of a human, you would still not be in a robot, and you would still die. Consciousness doesn't work that way.
In post 1610, Accountant wrote:
In post 1606, Shaziro wrote:Ever heard of a parody, Accountant? Movies like "Vampires Suck"? Where they take a movie and make fun of everything in it by mimicing it but in a comical or exaggerated fashion?
But eagerSnake did not exaggerate my behavior. He behaved exactly like me, without any exaggeration.
That should tell you something, tbh. You didn't think it was weird that he was declaring he was the leader and was going to re-educate you?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1611, Shaziro wrote:That should tell you something, tbh. You didn't think it was weird that he was declaring he was the leader and was going to re-educate you?
I am a follower of the correct path. I always talk about how I want to re-educate people.

eagerSnake talks about how he wants to re-educate people. Hence, it is likely that he is a follower of the correct path.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1611, Shaziro wrote:DNA would still be human. If a robot was programmed to have all your ideas, it would just be a complex simulation of a human, you would still not be in a robot, and you would still die. Consciousness doesn't work that way.
Consciousness is not me. I'm just a set of ideals. Consciousness is not necessary for superior beings. For instance if there was a child in Nigeria with all my ideals, and you destroyed this body, I would be alive - in Nigeria.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Post by Shaziro »

No, you're not. Also, does that mean you attempting to make other people have the same ideals as you is really just an elaborate attempt to make yourself live forever by having an endless number of people with your ideals? Because that's a pretty silly way to try to do it.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1614, Shaziro wrote:No, you're not. Also, does that mean you attempting to make other people have the same ideals as you is really just an elaborate attempt to make yourself live forever by having an endless number of people with your ideals? Because that's a pretty silly way to try to do it.
Yes, I am. And it's a happy side effect.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:25 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1615, Accountant wrote:
In post 1614, Shaziro wrote:No, you're not. Also, does that mean you attempting to make other people have the same ideals as you is really just an elaborate attempt to make yourself live forever by having an endless number of people with your ideals? Because that's a pretty silly way to try to do it.
Yes, I am. And it's a happy side effect.
Pretty gross to try and kill off everyone else so there's infinite yous.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:00 am

Post by Annadog40 »

How do you follow the self-evident truths of the world which I listed below.
Dank memes make the world go round

Out of the eight riches guys in the world, six are American

Everyone will eventually die

Death and Taxes

Gravity

That you are Annadog40

The world is.

All people are created equal

the word is love.

All sight, sound and touch are self evident truths.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:00 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1616, Shaziro wrote:Pretty gross to try and kill off everyone else so there's infinite yous.
It's just a happy side effect. Not the main point.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:00 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1617, Annadog40 wrote:How do you follow the self-evident truths of the world which I listed below.
Those are not self evident truths.

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:08 am

Post by Annadog40 »

I asked for self evident truths from a variety of people and that is what they said.

How are they not self-evident?
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:08 am

Post by Annadog40 »

I asked for self evident truths from a variety of people and that is what they said.

How are they not self-evident?
This is my life now

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:13 am

Post by Accountant »

They aren't true.

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:19 am

Post by Annadog40 »

But they are self-evident, and how are they false?
This is my life now

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1623, Annadog40 wrote:But they are self-evident, and how are they false?
They aren't self-evident either.

Return to “General Discussion”